[Flashback]From blood to bargaining (Zandelia)

Two woman, one proposition

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 15th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Spring 56th day. 511 AV
A lone female mercenary sat at the bar of the Pig's Foot Tavern, drinking as if nothing were wrong. One might think she would be attractive and make a move on her, were it not for the towershield on her back and the longsword at her side. Her armor not really fitting with females, consisted of a breastplate, a studded leather skirt below it, a pair of gauntlets, greaves and plates to cover her lower legs. A backpack stood below her barstool and bulged a bit from the joints that she normally would've worn as well. A large pint stood in front of her, half empty, while the woman looked in front of her with an annoyed face.

"Tsk, that last job was a big pain in my ass. I'm never gonna take care of kids again.", Revy thought to herself. Her previous job had included taking care of the orphans at the orphanage. She had a debt there since she was raised there as well and she just had to pay it back somehow. At least she had done it a bit now and that was better then nothing.

A group of men had been checking the armored female out. In their opinion it was a waste for her to go like that, clad in armor, when she could just flaunt with her body. They used a game of rock, paper and scissors to decide who was going to approach her. And of course, the biggest of them had to win. If he was gonna like it was a question of it's own, but right now he just walked with confidence to the armor clad woman, as his mates made a bet if he was going to get dumped right away, or if he was going to have some luck with her.

The large man wasn't bad looking and some of the woman in there kept glancing at him as he approached Revy. "Hey there, pretty face. Want me to buy you a drink?", he asked with a slight sensual voice.

The mercenary turned her head slowly and looked at the guy for a second before she replied brusk: "Can't you see I already have a drink, idiot? Go try to get laid with one of the other woman in here, I'm not interested."

The guy's face twitched for a second, but he managed to keep his cool for now. Perhaps a bit bolder move would work with her was something he then thought. he gently slapped Revy's butt as he said: "But they aren't as beautiful as you are."

Revy's eyes flew wide open as she felt the slap on her butt. She slowly stood up and turned around, anger flaring in her eyes. "Apparently you've got a deathwish, overgrown monkey. I'll teach you not to try that again with me!", she said pissed off. She tightened her hand into a fist, thumb over her fingers, as she gave a quick and strong punch in the man's stomache. The blow itself was stronger then one could expect from a woman and had caught the brave guy by surprise.

Buckling together as the air got punched out of his lungs, he then saw a knee coming towards his face. Upon impact, one was able to hear something break and the guy's nose started to bleed. The force which the knee had clashed into his face made him fall backwards. But before he was able to hit the ground, the mercenary had grabbed him by the hem of his shirt, sending her fist into his mouth before she let him go.

The man, now bleeding from his nose and mouth, groaned from the pain. This had went completely the other direction of what he had wanted. Pushing himself upright, he wobbled a little from the dizziness from the two hits to his face. "I dawe wou to twy thwat agwain.", he said with a thick lip as he put up his fists in the typical boxer form.

Revy, unimpressed by the guy, suddenly dove a little as she pushed her shoulder into the guys stomache. The man, unable to react in any way, buckled and got pushed back to the entrance. There Revy stopped and took a step back as she pulled her fist back, before drilling it into the chest of the man, sending him flying out the door. "I hope you've learned your lesson. Do not mess with me again, next time I'll spill your guts.", she told the guy coldly before returning to the now silent bar.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on October 18th, 2011, 6:00 pm

The Pig’s Foot Tavern was an unusual place by Sunberthian standards – a relatively safe harbour within the scum and villainy that was the rest of the city, and a way of life for its occupants. Few ever caused much trouble within the walls of the tavern, if you did not include the bar room brawls and the occasional exchange of fists between a select number of the tavern’s patrons. It was a good location to relax for some, to gamble for others, but for Zandelia it was a hive of rumour and misinformation – a place that had started to become a source of much needed life to her intelligence gathering. She was not picky and she knew her place well enough. She was a small-time player, one whom had little to offer to most of the larger icons of Sunberth espionage – besides being a pawn perhaps – but she had ideas to change that. It was not an easy world to live in, the world of exchanged information, filled with the shifting sands of city-wide politics and gang warfare.

One wrong move and you’re drowning in your own abilities, and mine are few and far between these days. No, I need help and I need it soon. Otherwise I won’t even make it off the bottom of the scum pile she thought to herself as she kept her ears pricked for anything of use and scanned the interiors with her single green eye.

“I heard the Daggerhand’s been movin’ roun’ Stumble Alley a lot these days…”

“Don’t know what Goldfinger is up to now, all those loans and tings. Makes ya under where he keeps it…”

“Sun’s getting’ ready for a move methinks…”

Her ears sifted through the mountain of words, trying to mine them for those rare pearls of use, or the occasional snippet worth following up in her spare time. It was where any decent investigator and dabbler in the arts of intelligence started, she knew, with the words of the people. Sunberth may have been a deadly place, but for the average denizen it was also a boring one too. They spent the majority of their time just trying to survive or working casual labour positions – few rising high enough to improve their quality of life. As such they had developed the nature of gossip to an high art, their words not merely conveying emotion, visualization and storytelling mixed together – but also truth, shady goings on and some very real points to be considered. Zandelia’s job was not so much gathering information as it was sorting it into two columns – relevant and outright garbage.

And sadly the former seems to be the larger most of the damned time too she thought morosely, sipping upon her ale slightly and trying not to grimace at its taste.

It was then they here eye caught sight of a rather amusing spectacle, and one which made her grin to herself in secret. A woman, beating the living shit out of a burly man, and with such a simplistic style too. It was entertainment worth watching, and watching well. Her eye glistened with repressed mirth as he was bodily hauled around like so many sacks of potatoes, but only before being summarily booted out of the tavern – his ego bruised along with his body. She chuckled to herself and ordered another two flagons of ale – the woman now the most interesting character to her senses. She liked to know things, did Zandelia, and know this woman she would – if she had her way about it.

“And there’s no better way to start a conversation than with free drinks. Not to the mercenary type” she noted to herself as she set off towards the woman’s table, trying to think if she had heard of her target before – a woman such as her bound to have some form of reputation.

Her form does seem familiar indeed, as if I’ve been told something before her mind teased her, the information there – she knew – but also tantalisingly out of her current reach. She would have to do things the old-fashioned way, with a covered investigation.

“Here,” she spoke out to the woman, placing the flagon upon the table as she sat down opposite with her own, “for getting rid of the refuse. Girl should get paid for a good job well done after all” she smiled, somewhat disarmingly, at the woman.

“Perhaps I might have better luck getting a name? Who knows, I might have something for you more appetizing than a bunch of seduction attempts. Name’s Zandelia Sansom, and I’m quite aware you’re twice as strong as me so no punches eh?” she continued as she poured out some ale into her clay mug.

Perhaps there is something I can turn to my advantage today after all she thought to herself as she waited to see if she would garner a differing reaction to the ex-patron of the Pig’s Foot Tavern.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 19th, 2011, 9:12 pm

It hadn't been the first time for Revy to kick a man out of the bar like that, but it was the first time for her that someone approached her, other then the barkeep, to talk with her. Either that woman had nerves of steel, or she was just plain stupid. No one would want to talk with a woman that had just kicked a guy of that size out of the bar, out of fear of self-preservation.

She looked at the woman that had taken place across her after placing two flagons of ale on the table. Was this woman gonna try and buy her way in, or was she just there to hire her? Either way, a free drink wasn't something Revy would turn down when presented from another woman. Grabbing the flagon, she replied: "The names Revy Hiroe. And what do you want with me?"

Even though the woman seemed friendly, Revy still kept her guard up. It was Sunberth after all. She slid back a little in her chair as she filled her own mug with the ale. It wasn't particularly strong stuff here, but it sufficed. She had rather wanted something a bit stronger, especially as she wanted to get that taste of the orphanage's food out of her mouth, but if the tavern didn't have it, Revy couldn't get it.

After filling her mug, she grabbed it and drank it down in one go. Letting out a sigh, she then said: "Well, if you want to hire me, I'm expensive, but I always get the job done." The mercenary's cheeks were a little red, showing that she had gotten tipsy already. One could only guess how much she had drank already. And perhaps if Zandelia played it right, she could feed Revy drunk, as that wouldn't take too much more.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on October 20th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Zandelia kept up her smile as she watched the woman before her fill her cup with the free ale offered to her, trying to get a good reading upon the one sat opposite her. She appeared to be of a mercenary nature, and as proven before Zandelia’s own single eye was more than capable of handling herself against others. She wondered, however, how far such abilities would spread when put up against some of the tasks Zandelia needed fulfilled – they were not entirely made up of small tasks after all. Still, she was willing to see where the meeting would take the two of them and from there decide upon her use as a hired hand. She took a sip from her own cup, letting the water taste cross her palette a little before swallowing the liquid, if indeed it could thus be deemed as liquid.

At the very least she ahs not tried to punch me, so that in itself is a good sign – the ability to restrain when necessary Zandelia thought to herself as she searched her mind for any mention of a Revy Hiroe.

“Revy…Hiroe…” she rolled the name around her tongue as she searched for the small snippets she had heard and could remember, “yes, I remember hearing that name before. Not always in good terms. Perhaps I ran across some such as the man you dealt with today” she ended that train of thought with a small remark of interest.

Zandelia propped her ankles up onto the table, crossing them casually, and leaned back in her chair as she decided how to begin their conversation. She needed to know more about the woman, but did not particularly want to anger her with too many questions. It was then that she came up with a possibility to get both what she wanted and what she needed – though it would take some hard work. Auristics was a skill hse possessed, though in a small and untrained quantity, but she figured it would be a useful counter to the mercenary’s closed of sense of self in some ways. She concentrated, trying to gain a balance between her conversational self and her reading self – something more difficult than some would think. It took her a few moments to begin to see the colours dance around the woman. That done she took up the conversation as if the pause had been a mere deductive process.

“What I want with you depends entirely upon what you are good at. I have several…jobs…that need to be done – stones that aren’t yet turned over and people of interest I need pursued. Things of that nature. They may not be to your perfect taste, perhaps, but if you get the job done you get paid” she started as she tried to split her gaze between Revy’s eyes and the growing cloud around her.

“Still, I like to get to know my partners well enough before I get involved with them. You have a reputation of sorts, which is a bonus in your favour indeed. However, reputation is often mere gossip – so forgive me if I wish to get a personal read upon you” she smiled at the woman over the rim of her cup, enjoying the double meaning the other wouldn’t be able to comprehend.

“My first question would be to ask how you feel about killing people. Do you mind? Does it depend upon the business? The situation? I don’t very well want to take you along with me and find out you won’t kill certain people in the middle of a fight after all” she questioned, trying to ascertain any shifts in both Revy’s body language and aura. The strain was palpable and it was very difficult not to let it show upon her countenance.

Come on Zandelia! You always wanted to get better at this, and here’s the perfect chance! Pull it together she told herself as she awaited the woman’s response.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 22nd, 2011, 8:26 am

The mercenary shrugged as the Zandelia spoke of the rumors that surrounded her. She couldn't really say that they were particularly wrong, but perhaps she just spoke to the wrong people. "Could be that you've heard bad rumors about me. I do tend to show people who I don't like the door rather roughly. Or they just picked a fight with me.", she said casually, not showing any emotions.

As the woman lay her feet on the table, Revy closed her eyes for only a second, hiding her annoyance completely. That woman had the nerve to go that casual around her? What was she thinking? Filling her mug, she replied to the woman's remark: "Don't underestimate me. I get the job done any time, any way and anywhere." She then gulped the mug down in a single go again, setting it on the table rather roughly.

"Killing people? I don't give a shyke about that. They in the way? They'll die. It's as simple as that. If they don't want to die, they should just simply walk away, unless they're a target of course. Then they're dead anyhow.", the armor-clad woman said with a monotone voice. But on the inside, she was smiling. So the woman had a job that would involve a fight? Great, she could have some fun then.

Picking up the flagon to fill her mug again, she noticed that it was already empty and let out a small sigh. Already gone? Sheesh, that's annoying. Perhaps she should just order a small keg. Then it wouldn't be gone as fast. "Aargh, I hate these small helpings of ale. Give me keg or so, then I can just keep drinking at least. I need alot more if I want to get bloody damn drunk. Weak ass stuff.", she thought completely annoyed as she slammed the flagon onto the table.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on October 31st, 2011, 11:39 pm

Zandelia smiled as the giant that was Revy Hiroe slammed her flagon back onto the wooden table, the impact resonating quite clearly that it was now empty – the substantial contents drained in a matter of minutes. Zandelia’s one was merely half empty before her and her clay cup was still mostly full as she brought it to her lips in took another slow sip of the water that masqueraded as ale within. Her sight was split between the woman’s expression of distaste and the aura which throbbed briefly with a dark red colour – what she could only surmise was the manifestation of her strong annoyance. She stuck her arm out to snake her arm around the waist of one of the more attractive barmaids and gave her coin to bring another flagon for the warrior before her – which was done in a matter of moments.

It would seem even the staff know that a Revy without drink is a Revy to be avoided she cackled at herself inwardly as she took another sip of her beverage and considered the next step.

She ahd learned much about the woman from one series of questions, the aura surrounding the impressive frame of the female warrior giving clues as to her real feeling upon their interactions so far. There was a strong sense of caged interest she could pick out, she thought, denoted by a dark purple colour that seemed to return time and time again in a pattern alongside her responses in words. Zandelia did not really need her skills in Djed to notice the woman was interested, but it certainly helped to confirm her suspicions. She leant back in her chair a little more, taking a few moments to admire the muscled and toned form of Revy in a manner that led her to briefly consider what it would be like to get closer to her before she dragged her mind back to the task at hand.

“That is good, very good indeed because we may need to go up against a slaver or two, and in this town they can be quite…aggressive…in protecting their interests. Interests that I intend to take for my own,” she spoke up, continuing her investigation into the woman’s character.

“Tell me, do you have a problem in fighting for a cause that is not your own when all that is desired is something that is not tangible for yourself? Can you follow orders and instruction without question, whatever they may be?” she asked her, needing to know exactly how far she would be able to keep the warrior under her command. After all, it would be foolhardy to go into a scheme and then find out Revy would turn on her if asked to do something she would not.

Such a thing could cost me my life after all she thought to herself darkly as she surveyed Revy Hiroe’s form.

“In short, Revy Hiroe, are there things which you would never do? Despite being paid to do so?” she asked as if it were the next in a series of questioning.

In truth it was the only real question Zandelia needed to ask that was left. Any other questions she might have would merely be a bonus in regards to her plans. To get underway all that was needed was Revy’s loyalty as far as hey money got it and the knowledge the woman would not turn on her under any circumstances that might occur. As soon as she had both in her mind she could begin to formulate a full design and get underway instructing the mercenary under her employ.

“Do not mistake my intentions, I merely wish to know where your boundaries lie” she finished with a smile and another drink from her cup, filling it as she found it to be empty.

She merely hoped the woman would get drunk enough, quick enough, to be easily manipulated for a cheaper price.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 1st, 2011, 11:21 am

The mercenary couldn't help but chuckle at the mention of slavers. What did they know about fighting? They'd be skilled novices at best. No way that they'd pose a threat. "Tsk, slavers. Had jobs involving those buggers before. Not much of a threat to me. Idiots don't know how to fight properly."

But Zandelia's next question made her laugh a bit harder. "Depending on the pay, I will or will not risk my life. That's about it. So in other words.... You pay me good, you'll have yourself a true hired sword. I do everything for the correct price." She then filled her mug again and gulped it down in a single go again.

"Listen, I hope you're not underestimating me, because if you do.....", she then pointed at the door, where she kicked the beefy guy out, "You'll be following that guy. And I won't be more lenient just because you're a girl." Revy's anger flared up a bit as she mentioned that she suspected the girl a bit of underestimating her. Why else would she ask that? A hired sword does anything if they pay the correct price. That's the rule, and she wasn't going to deviate from it.

"Either way, if she pays my drinks, I'll have some more.", she thought as she filled her mug and emptied it in her throat again. Her blush was getting a little bigger as she was definitely tipsy now. Her head spun a little and the bad memories of having to babysit those petching kids dissapeared a bit into the cloud of alcohol. Nothing could beat that feeling.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on November 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm

Zandelia all but giggled at the woman’s words as she uttered them, leaving at their core a steel that was precisely what she had hoped would lay in wait for Zandelia to notice. It was not overly difficult to figure out that Revy Hiroe was becoming gradually more angered by her questions, though the bright reds laced with cracklings of black were an interesting side note to make within the warrior woman’s aura for future consideration and usage. Zandelia took a sip from her cup and held up her hands in a placating manner, indicating by her very body language that she meant no offence, and smiling as she saw the cloud of colours recede back into a form of multicoloured cloud that she surmised indicated Revy’s natural state of conflicting thoughts, emotions and the very essence of being human itself. She poured more of the ‘ale’ into her mug and noted how the woman’s motions were becoming slightly exaggerated and the flushing across her countenance was decidedly deepened.

Oh I think I'd let you handle me any day my friend she thought to herself with some mild amusement before she responded with words.

“Do not mistake my questions Revy Hiroe, please” she opened with, an attempt at a disarming look of her eye to the other woman’s two evident to those of observational talent.

“I do not question your abilities, nor intend to belittle your achievements in life. I merely like to know what I can expect from my…partners. It pays well to know how far one may be willing to go in your employ, and my curiosity on that matter is very much satisfied now” she continued as she called for more flagons of ale – her own one now empty before her.

As they awaited the arrival of the fresh flagons she took the opportunity to study the warrior before her further, noting now that whilst her form was toned and far more muscled than her won that it was not quite as large as the frame of a comparable male warrior. She was forced to wonder if she would match a man in combat, or whether it was skill and not raw strength that won the battle in that sense. Zandelia was not much of a fighter after all, at least not in a focused and open way. She would much rather kill and submit without a struggle than become involved in a pitch battle. Her skills lay in planning, preparation and pressure to a point – rather than pressure as a collective forte. When the flagons arrived she took the opportunity to give the barmaid a little stroke of the hip, gaining a smile and perhaps something to attend to afterwards should she choose to pursue the matter.

“No Revy Hiroe, you talents are not in question. I merely have many enemies, most of whom have no idea they are my enemies. As such I am careful in who I employ. Money talks and I wouldn’t want them to pay you more should you be on their side in that fashion” she ended that route of conversation as adeptly and tactfully as possible.

“Still, to the nature of your employment!” she raised her clay mug to the woman, took another sip and placed it carefully upon the table – the effects of the water down alcohol beginning to catch up with her a little now, judging by the warm glow the world was beginning to become bathed in.

“I need a strong arm to match my rather good cunning, though I say so myself,” she began with a chuckle, “and we shall be testing our strength against some of the weaker slavers. There is no sense in attacking that which would crush you, but the small time pond scum around the markets I would very much like to see brought to an end” she continued affably.

“They possess knowledge I would like to hold as my own and their coffers would likely more than cover any expenses we might have, as well as your pay I would imagine. I have money myself to put down in advance but rest assured they are wealthy compared to most in the cesspool of a city. Should we be successful, and believe me we ill make sure we are, you may even be able to afford a new suit or armour or something afterwards” she finished with another small sip of her beverage.

“However, before we get into the details I have one, last, question. How much do you cost? Name your price and I shall see if I can meet it. Do bear in mind that I shall give you half of whatever we gain together also, and that’s a very fair deal,” she stated succinctly, her eye now locked to the other woman’s, “so…name you price” she finished placing her hands flatly upon the table.

Rule one of negotiation, get them to state a price first. Only then can you haggle them down if need be she thought to herself as she tried to bring her full concentration to the task at hand.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 1st, 2011, 10:35 pm

The mercenary didn't really listen to what the woman had said. Her mind was clouding up from the alcohol. Even though it was weak, more like water, the repetitive drinking of her had started to pile up the liquid in her blood. Perhaps she was getting drunk now? Nah, for that she didn't have enough to drink just yet. It would take at least two more flagons before she'd think that she was drunk.

"My price? Depends on the difficulty, but if it's as easy as you're telling me it is, I would cost you about...... hmmm.", she said as she started to think. Revy's mind had clouded up and it got noticable. Normally she knew her price for any job the moment it was asked, but now she had to think about it. "If it's for a bunch of slavers of the lower ranks, as you say... about 10gm per day, but if the job get's any more difficult, you can expect a double or even triple cost of that. Besides, if you make the mistake of getting me into deeper shyke because of this, the price goes up a tenfold."

With the new ale in front of her, Revy filled her mug again. She gulped it down in a single go again, but not as fast as with the others. She then filled it another time. "Oh, you're paying for the drinks by the way.", she anounced casually, as if it were the most normal case. "Darn... I'm actually gettin gdrunk of this bogus......", she said out loud what she had meant to think only.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on November 4th, 2011, 1:31 am

Zandelia giggle out loud, a melodious sound that seemed to ripple up from inside her very core at Revy Hiroe’s words – her face breaking into a genuine smile of amused affection and her arms crossing her torso as she tried to stop herself from breaking out into full hysterical laughter in the middle of the crowded tavern. The woman was indeed a delight in some ways, her slurred words and drunken nature an oxymoron when compared to her reputation and self-claimed abilities to always get the mission done, whatever was required to do so. If she had not been so taken aback with surprise at the warrior woman’s words she would have said something witty and sarcastic, but the pure honesty from Revy’s mouth, coupled with the reflection of that in the swirling aura around her, stilled Zandelia’s tongue momentarily.

“Oh, do not worry about that my girl, I can more than cover the handful of silvers it will take to get you from shabby to drunk indeed. Perhaps it might even be worth my while too” she smiled her laughter subsiding now into periodic chuckles between her words as she downed the rest of her cup and felt the liquid begin to affect her judgement also.

Rule number two of negotiation though Revy Hiroe. Never make a bargain when your senses are clouded. It may not be the bargain you enjoy when you recover Zandelia thought to herself, a little shakily. She cursed herself and knew she would have to work quick – and drink less. She wished to make a bargain out of the woman after all.

“You would have to be one of the best indeed to charge that much for your services. I’ve not heard of such wages as those before,” she stated, calling for more of the disarming ale to weaken Revy Hiroe’s defences to her wriggling words, “but I’m sure we could come to some…arrangement” she continued in an affably disarming manner.

The barmaid placed two more flagons upon the table, though Zandelia’s was still half full and she hoped she could pawn off the other to the larger warrior before her – confident that she might not even notice the switch if she were lucky. Before the barmaid left she let her hand stroke the back of Zandelia’s shoulders and she pulled the girl down for a brief kiss before she left. She did enjoy a little ale, a tavern room and a pretty eyed barmaid indeed, but the event served more than to set up her evening she hoped. Zandelia thought that it might shock the warrior woman before her a little, and that would be an advantage in the bartering process – distraction and surprise.

“Ten pieces of gold a day seems a bit much for me, I could perhaps go so far as 8 per day for your services, and that would still very much be a good deal for you this day. Few would offer you even that in Sunberth and fewer still would be able to actually follow through with it and produce the mizas. I can give you your first week’s wages in advance as a down payment,” she spoke back with a smile over the rim of her clay mug and watching the warrior woman’s face for her reaction, “and that’s as good a thing as anyone could give to you” she finished her offer, smiling still and her green eye twinkling in amusement as it probed Revy’s Aura for the shifting colours and attempting to discern which one was shock or surprise – if they existed.

If I could figure which one was which and what events brought them about I might even be able to get a better deal today she thought to herself shrewdly.

“Oh, and I’ll pay for the ale of course, for today and the other days. Celebrating victories is as important as gaining them. If you’re lucky I could even show you a thing or two” she stated, seeing if the warrior woman would make the connection between that phrase and the barmaid kissing and give away a tell, or something Zandelia could use.

Come on Revy, that warrior’s physique can’t be the only thing you are. There must be someone inside, however deeply buried. Show me her so that I may know her, predict her and direct her if I must she growled to herself as she tried to fight off the fogging of the alcohol upon her thoughts and her sharp mind.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next