Making Money Through Music (Open!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Making Money Through Music (Open!)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 10th, 2010, 12:57 am

Sasin smirked at the Charoda. "Not stalking me? Oh, of course. It must be a coincidence."
He teased.

He groaned as Aksia walked up to the musician. "Aksia, what in blazes makes you think I kn..." His voice trailed off as the musician raised his head. He stiffened, eyes widening. "You!" He hissed furiously. "You're that racist kelvic." He snarled, taking a step forward. He could still remember the way the kelvic had jumped to oppose him the moment he had been revealed as a Dhani.

If this wasn't such a public place, he would...He'd...He actually didn't know what he'd do.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Klane on March 10th, 2010, 2:25 am

"You're that racist kelvic!" Klane could have heard the words easily, even if he had been in the middle of a song and Sasin barely within his sight. It was not only his canine hearing that helped him, but the nervousness that had rushed over the Kelvic every second since the Dhani had arrived. Klane gulped, his skin turning white with raw fear. Here, he was alone, there was no other of his kind to back him up, to protect him. Unfortunately, his wolfish instinct was trying to take over, leaving no time to reason that Sasin wouldn't attack in a populated area.

Jolting up the Kelvic dropped his mandolin, the force allowed a small rock drop out. Klane had no knowledge of it, and for obvious reasons, his eyes weren't even looking in the rock's direction. Yet, just maybe, the effect it produced would surprise Sasin the slightest bit, and give Klane time to think. The rock, obviously of volcanic origin, began to smoke. Within a few seconds the top of it burst into flame and then an even stranger event occurred. A small man, made purely of fire, emerged and began to dance. It was a small thing, possibly unnoticeable. But, perhaps, with a large dose of luck, it could save Klane's life all the same.

OOCIf you want to know more about the rock, click the link next to it on my CS
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 10th, 2010, 2:52 am

Sasin glared at the kelvic, who seemed terrified. As he should be. Here, there was no other kelvic to back him up. This only made him hate Klane more. He was a brave bully with his friends, but was a coward by himself. His hands curled into fists, his jaw clenched, as his eyes bored holes into the kelvic.

He started as the kelvic stood. Surely he wouldn't attack him here. This Kelvic really was stupid. One hand shot to the hilt of his dagger, while the other grabbed the Charoda, and dragged her back. Things could get ugly, and he didn't want Aksia in the middle of it.

He barely noticed the fire dancing rock. He had one as well. So it seemed that everyone who had gone to the fire festival had one. It was nice, but just decoration.

He stood there, hand on his dagger, prepared to fight if need be.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aksia Carataqua on March 16th, 2010, 9:31 am

"So you do know him?" Aksia said surprisedly, she wasn't at all disturbed by the drawing of daggers, or the snarling, whimpering and yelling. True, it was mildly disturbing but she didn't mind, Sasin was always pointing his dagger out either at at one person or another, she didn't really care, but the man did play nice music, simple, but very pleasant. She wished she could play such nice music.

"Ooh! A rock! she said happily as the rock fell to the ground and flames erupted around it, and then started to dance. "Where'd you get the rock?" she asked curiously, ignoring the terrified expression on the Kelvic's face and the angry one on Sasin's. She sat back down and awaited an answer, looking back from the the nervous and panicking Kelvic to Sasin, she did want an answer though, it sure was weird that Sasin didn't find that rock intriguing.
Aksia Carataqua
The Dancing Healer

Words: 21277
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2010, 12:30 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Klane on March 16th, 2010, 11:34 am

"Ooh! A rock" Klane tuned Aksia out right there. Why would he care about some rock? All he was focused on was the killer in front of him.

"Why did you have to show up now," Klane muttered and then raised his voice to pose a question for Sasin, "Why do you seem to hate everyone in Syliras? What did I do to you!?" The nervousness in his voice was evident, showing up in how loud he was talking as well as the tone. His mind hopped from idea to idea, trying to find some possible course of action. If he gets any closer I'll just hit him with that rock his frien- Friend! The snake-man must know the girl! The Kelvic beamed inside for a moment as he came up with the idea. Klane was used to relying on pure instinct for every conflict that faced him, this time he could have a thought-out plan. It made him feel smart. If he gets any closer... I'll... I'll grab the girl... That'll stop him! Even snake-men gotta have some heart...
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 16th, 2010, 10:09 pm

(Aksia, I haven't drawn my dagger yet.)

He groaned as the Charoda just sat down. "Honesstly." He hissed. "It'ss a rock. I can sshow you later."

"Why do you seem to hate everyone in Syliras? What did I do to you!?"

He laughed in disbelief. "What did you do? You've jussst done it again. You asssume I hate everyone, that everything is my fault, that I'm a nasssty, mean person, all because of my race." He snarled. He knew in a way, he was being a hipocrite. He didn't actually know any of that. But he didn't care. He was working his way into a hissy fit.

Stepping closer to Klane, he let go of his dagger and hissed "My kind are people as well. You would fight to defend yourself. But when I do it, it's wrong, and it's all because of people like you. "
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Klane on March 17th, 2010, 12:20 am

"What did you do? You've jussst done it again. You asssume I hate everyone, that everything is my fault, that I'm a nasssty, mean person, all because of my race." As Sasin spoke, Klane took a few cautious steps back. The Kelvic didn't agree with his words at all. He didn't hate him because of his race, he disliked him because he threatened his.

When Sasin stepped forward, Klane began sidestepping towards Aksia. He thought the movement would be to small to be noticeable. "My kind are people as well. You would fight to defend yourself. But when I do it, it's wrong, and it's all because of people like you." There he went again. It's not because of race, it's because you disrupted the peace, in Klane's mind a mysterious snake-smelling man had shown up one night and caused one giant commotion, stressing everyone out. No, he didn't hate this man because he was a Dhani, it was just his actions... Right?

"Why would I hate you because your a snake-man?" he spoke the words rather loudly, and it'd probably only make the situation worse should any onlookers realize what Klane meant by 'snake-man,' and if not it would most likely just anger Sasin more. That's racism, Klane wasn't racist in what he did. "I don't like you because you stood in the sand, ready to take a life!" Perhaps the event was a little warped in his mind, but that was bound to happen.
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 23rd, 2010, 11:09 am

"Why would I hate you because your a snake-man?"

Sasin stiffened as he said this. Luckily, most of the crowd had run off the moment they had started yelling.

"I don't like you because you stood in the sand, ready to take a life!"

His eyes flashed. "Ready to take a life? Are you out of your mind? All I was doing was defending myself. You knew nothing of the situation, but you imediately assumed I was at fault! If what you say is true, then you would hate that Kelvic cat!" He spat.

He was seething now. But he simply could not get rid of the feeling that the kelvic might have been misguided by that cat. It was possible. But he was still mad, and wasn't done yet. "All I did was defend myself. You were the ones who tried to drive me out." He hissed.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous