Its where we want to be, and don't (Open)

A party of your dreams, or nightmares...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Reo on October 27th, 2011, 3:20 pm

OOCWasn't quite sure how to "shake things up", hope this works for you

Reo struggled to comprehend what was going on around him. He was holding two drinks in his hand and for a brief moment he had know whom the other drink was for but Reo had been momentarily dazed and had completely forgotten to whom this other beverage belonged. He quickly guzzled the one and put it on the tray of one of the passing waiters; he thought it strange that hadn’t noticed the waiters before. As his mind trailed, he was brought back by the sight of a third man approaching the couple he had been watching. Petch it all, he had completely forgotten about the pair and now there was a third, Reo did not want to act like an Akalak on heat and be the third male to surround one female. Again, getting far more agitated now, Reo had to be bide his time. Reo was going to ask one of the more unfortunate specimens if they wanted to dance but then he heard some strange noises.

It started as the sound of a small rodent, nibbling on flesh and then grew into a high-pitched hiss and then a searing howl before transcending into a deathly screech, Reo looked around trying to ascertain the origin of the sound but to no avail. Reo dropped to his knees as the sound got louder and then suddenly the sound broke out into the four separate sounds. The nibbling, the hissing, the howling and the screeching. All around him people danced on but he could not, not through all this noise. Then it suddenly stopped, all the music stopped as well and at the head of the dance floor was a giant stage that he had not noticed before. It was layered with objects of every size, wrapped in the most colourful of patterns and elevated so that all could see. Then the walls themselves seemed to speak, “And now for the opening of the gifts”, they said.

Everyone’s attention seemed to be fixated on this stage but Reo couldn’t care less, he didn’t remember even bringing a gift, he didn’t even remember entering this house. He was more concerned with what that ghastly sound had been, where it had come from, would it come again and was he the only one that had heard it. Reo considered leaving but the guards were blocking all the doors and he did not want to draw attention to himself. Reo looked around and a sudden thought occurred to him, where was Layla, why would he go anywhere without the friendly talons of his hawk sinking softly into his shoulders. What was going, where was he, who were these people and what was in those gifts?
The Master doesn't try to be powerful; thus he is truly powerful. The ordinary man keeps reaching for power; thus he never has enough.
Reo
The Bird Whisperer

Words: 20502
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bob Barton on October 30th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Why must people be serious? So, so serious. It was only a party, that much Bob was certain about even if the other guests were kind of strange. She might be a little bit dangerous and making a few threats but...nothing that Bob can't handle if he did it properly. Words were more suitable in certain places after all. Wetting his throat with another gulp of drink, Bob looked at her intently giving a little reminder that "if its death and blood you want, those people will be more suitable playmates" his eyes moving over to the guards around the room. He might guess that they were here for making sure that the party would run smoothly. Games of death and blood should be one of the last things they want.

She was very serious about this game, but games were meant to be fun. Right now, Bob was not having any fun at all. The kind of games he liked were the slimy kind for slippery people like him. So slippery that his arm literally slipped out of the angry kelvic's grasp when he tried to pull it away. She would probably be surprised but Bob is a lot more. Normally he had a hard time escaping anyone who really wanted at him even encumbered akalaks. Straightening his sleeve he would tell her that she is being "very enthusiastic about this game but while other men might like clingy women I prefer more restrained ones" Actually he'd take anyone but then he needed to show that he had more to him. More than what people like her have come to expect.

Bob turned to look at the red hair that had their attention for a moment calmly replying "of course. But sometimes I guess they want a lot more than respect" giving out a suggestive chuckle that he hoped he can interpret for himself. "So tell me friend, what brings you to the party?" because buying some time to think if he should approach or escape the wild woman was needed here. "She apparently..." pointing his glass "is here to play bloody games of death but I guess everyone else has their own ways of partying." False bravado? Yes. But you could always count on that when there are a lot of things you can hopefully rely on like guards.

A lot of strange things today. If he was not looking at the woman, Bob could have sworn that the sounds came from her after her little outburst but...it was never nice to think of unpleasant things in a party. What was better was the announcement of "gifts! That should prove interesting because I know mine is going to be the best" or not. Bob already gave the gift at the door and he did not even know what was in it but if he was supposed to give it, it should be really good. Guess he will find that out soon.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on October 30th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Jonathon coughed. The drink had tasted funny, sure, but not altogether unpleasant... What are you, a cannibal now? That was blood! Jonathon shook his head a moment, and raised a hand. "I'm fine, just went down the wrong pipe is all..." You are about as 'all right' as a deer with no legs. Still, I suppose it seems you can fend for yourself... just don't hurt us, okay? Whether or not the pseudo-Jonathon understood any of this was unknown, but the other Jonathon decided not to question it.

If Jonathon had noticed Nidassasyae's actions against Barton, he didn't let it on. He smiled cheerily at her and Bob. "More then respect, hm? I see..." His tone indicated he read a lot more into that comment then might be appropriate. His next words made Jonathon look somewhat puzzled. "I came here for the party. Why else does one go? I was invited, of course, and so I came." Uh...huh. Passing over the 'ridiculous' question, Bob's next words made the Jonathon inside react with interest, however. "Bloody games of death? As in... a duel, perhaps? I know many women enjoy having men spar with their lives over them, but I have never heard of a woman requesting such a thing." ...What?

The gold-suited man appeared to be rather dizzy and unfocused. The real Jonathon wondered at it, but pseudo-Jonathon just ignored it, like he knew what was ailing the man. He continued. "Well, I have a feeling that the people here might enjoy watching a battle of that sort, but you have no opponent, mister...?" He turned to the Kelvic. "And if you meant a duel, m'lady-" Milady? Seriously? "-I'm afraid you will have to hold off until later. The gift unwrappers are taking center-stage now."

He moved his head smoothly towards the stage where the unwrapping was going on, and smiled at Barton's words. "I admire your enthusiasm, but my gift will most definetly be the best. It is magnificent... not to herald my own arrival or any such thing." Certainly never used that expression before. Who am I?
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on November 4th, 2011, 4:46 pm

The Kelvic hissed at the small stranger, baring her teeth at the tiny man. But she made no move to attack, following his gaze to the armed guards that were scattered along the edges of the room. To attack would be folly. She could bide her time, that was what predators did after all. She could wait until an opportune moment. Right now, Nida didn’t even care if it was the midget’s blood she spilled, anyone’s would do.

Then the noise started. The high pitched keening that tortured Nida’s sensitive ears. It screamed higher and higher, making her grit her teeth in pain and clap her hands over her ears. But as suddenly as it had begun, it had stopped.

As though the sound were some sort of signal, the heads of all the party guests turned towards the stage, Nida’s included. It was odd, for she had not noticed the stage before. It was piled high with packages, parcels, and paraphernalia. Some were wrapped in cloth, others in paper, and even a rare few were covered in the skin of some sort of animal. Her gaze continued to roam. Cheetah, a shaggy bear pelt, and even an exotic black and white striped skin. And- What was that one? There, buried beneath several other packages.

A huge snow leopard pelt.

Her heartbeat quickened and her face paled. Frantically she tried to shift.
Nothing happened. Her body did not dissolve into a thousand points of shimmering light. She did not drop down onto four legs. She was just a human.

Just a human, a voice cackled within her mind, a voice that spoke in the same high pitched tones as the keening sound from earlier.

“No!” This time it was her own voice shrieking, trying to understand what was happening. How could she not shift? Was this strange occurrence and the parcel wrapped with a leopard pelt somehow connected?

Irrationally, the young woman ran forwards, pushing her way through the crowd. Some backed away gracefully from her, while others jostled and fought for their position. Eventually, she’d made it to the very rim of the stage. Her arms were outstretched, trying to take the parcel, when another pair of hands suddenly gripped her wrists and yanked down.

“No, no, no, milady,” said the Steward. “What you’ve given, you cannot take back. The Master would not be pleased.”

She wanted to scream at this stranger that she didn’t give a flying shyke what the Master pleased, but found herself quite unable to utter a sound. Nida’s mouth moved, forming the words, but not a squeak came out of it.

“There now, that’s better isn’t it?” smiled the Steward kindly, nodding towards a guard. The armoured man stepped up and grabbed Nida by the arms, his gauntlets pinching cruelly at her skin as he attempted to tow her away.

Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous