Down by the beach (Open!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Felakal on April 5th, 2011, 9:23 am

Timestamp: 7th of Spring, 511 AV
Reason: Learning to Fish

Near the shore of the vast sea, Felakal moved back and forth across the floor of a cave. Using a sparring knife he struck large boulders and stones with incredible percision. His gorgeous eagle Naturii sat atop a branch and watch with vigilent eyes. His magnificent horse Kanaar stood near the the entrance obviously bored.

Felakal moved in on one of the boulders with amazing speed but slipped on some sand on the hard stone floor, landing with a loud thud on his shoulder. Before he could sit up, Naturii gave a shrill cry and Kanaar whinnied in delight.

Pulling himself off the ground into a sitting position, Felakal glared at his companions. "Haha. Very funny." He stood up and brushed the dirt and sand off. "I haven't seen you two do anything lately!" He laughed and walked to Kanaar.

Brushing his mane, he smiled. "I know, we need to get out of here. On the road." He walked towards his hunter Naturii and rested his hand on her back. "But we can't afford it. You know I'm only going by sea." He silently hopped atop a large boulder and sat down.

"Don't worry you guys. We'll get out of here. We'll see what's really out there. Outside of Riverfall."
Last edited by Felakal on April 13th, 2011, 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on April 12th, 2011, 8:26 am

ImageShe wasn't riding today. No, riding wasn't in the cards probably for the next twenty days or so. Kavala trudged along in the sand, unhappily muttering to herself. She stooped, every once in a while, to pick up a piece of tumbled sea glass which was her favorite. Seashells didn't interest her, nor did the rest of the random flotsam that seemed to be tossed up on the beach at random intervals throughout the day.

No.. she was marching to work off steam.

Kavala was mad, and there was nothing that was going to really fix what she was mad about. It wasn't a sudden onslaught either. It was a slow gradual boil that had started rolling somewhere in her head about mid morning sending her instantaneously to the beach to walk it off. Exercise was her answer to everything.

Of course, exercise wasn't that easy these days, being swollen with child and heavy on her feat. The pregnant Konti was prepared for almost anything she could possibly run across on the shore, but what indeed she did find.

An Akalak, using a knife, in a wide-mouthed cave in perfect view, with a horse and an eagle looking onward. She couldn't help herself. She stopped and watched the mock battle unfold, impressed both that the horse didn't wander off and that the eagle didn't take to the sky. He paused, after a while, and spoke to both of his animals. Kavala raised an eyebrow, curious, as she heard his words.

"Have you asked them how they feel about that? The sea I mean? I'm sure the horse won't particularly care for it, nor is that bird a sea eagle. Seems harsh to me to take them so far from all that they know."
She said, calling out from where she was standing outside the cave.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Felakal on April 12th, 2011, 8:40 am

Jumping slightly, unprepared for a stranger to approach, he glared at the woman. How long had she been standing there? Before he could answer, a hawk flew into the cave right past the Konti female. It then landed just a few feet from the Naturii.

"One normally starts a conversation introducing themselves first!" Felakal grumbled. "Weren't you ever taught that eavesdropping was rude?" He silently walked towards her.

"Who are you?" Obviously trying to get straight to the point. He didn't care for many people.
Last edited by Felakal on April 13th, 2011, 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on April 12th, 2011, 8:51 am

Image"Eavesdropping? I don't think so. You were out here on the beach which is a public place. There's no eavesdropping involved." Kavala said softly, her lips curled in amusement.

"No, one normally starts a conversation with hello. Weren't you ever taught that speaking to a lady requires a certain level of gentlemanly behavior?"
She added, her anger rising in her back to that smooth boil it was at earlier.

"My name is Kavala. And I walk this beach daily. Sometimes more than once. I've never seen you here, nor do I think the boulders deserve to get knifed. They routinely do nothing more than stand there looking pretty and weathered."
She added.

She ought to have been more afraid, but strangely her anger made her bold. It would serve him right, anyhow, if something happened to her this close to the birth of his son or daughter - a child he'd had little or no interaction with and none whatsoever with its mother practically since he found out she'd conceived.

"Who are you anyhow, to be demanding things of me and questioning my upbringing? Seems rather pretentious, doesn't it?"
She added. Maybe he was a Cerulean, one they hadn't yet marked. Kavala shifted her weight, uncomfortable now that she was coming so close to the birth of her child. She was ungainly, awkward, and probably in no position to fight though this did not stop her from baiting him. He just seemed... primed for a fight. But it showed poorly on his part that hew as so primed to fight with someone about to give birth any day. It painted him in less than a favorable light indeed.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Felakal on April 12th, 2011, 9:13 am

His glare continued. "No, I wasn't taught the appropriate gentlemanly behaviors. Could be never having anyone to teach me anything."

Felakal admired this woman's courage. He was still panting a little and his veins bulging from the workout. He may not be large but Felakal definitely looked battle pumped. He was surprised at her comment about walking every day. He spent most of his time on the beach and the caves, away from people.

"I don't believe I'm hurting these rocks feelings." He said mockingly. He had read somewhere about everything including rocks and trees had a spirit. But Felakal was skeptical. "Are you concerned for the boulders' health or are you just normally moody?"

As he said the word he regretted it, in his annoyance he hadn't realized how pregnant the female was. He quickly learned how awful he must have sounded.

"I'm sorry." His glare lowered into a light smile. He still didn't like people but he figured she deserved some respect with how much of a jerk he came off. "My name is Felakal."
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on May 22nd, 2011, 7:18 pm

Image'I'm normally this moody." She replied calmly. "Surly would be a better word. Bitchy would suit as well too." The konti said, snarking at the Akalak for no apparent reason. Well, there was reason enough but it wasn't this particular Akalak's fault. She should be snarking at the one that she was annoyed with not some innocent stranger. Had one of her friends seen the exchange, they would have been astonished. Kavala was gently raised and rarely lifted her head or voice against anyone.

But she was in a foul mood. Her moodiness kept getting worse the larger she got and the more the child fussed within her. She would most likely revert back once he or she was born, but until then she kept herself away from people as much as possible.

"I'm Kavala. I run The Sanctuary up on the hill, the animal healing clinic and stables." She said at last, looking at the damage he'd done to the boulders. She felt like lecturing him, but discarded the idea because she knew it would sound idiotic. Hey, those were gorgeous boulders before you went and scarred them up! Scars, like the one that marred her own skin. The rage rose again in her. Truthfully she wanted to fight. If circumstances were different, she might have.

Kavala took a deep breath. Instead, she simply said.. "Nice bird. I have a friend who would admire it greatly."

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Keipecha on May 23rd, 2011, 8:56 am

Secret :
Just nudge me with whatever way you guys want me to go with this, or if you'd like me to run off and not post anymore~ x3 I didnt really know where to start.

Keipecha wasn’t one for water, or at least large amounts of it. She was too used to the sandy winds of Eyktol, and even the dry planes of Cyphrus, to feel at home near such a large body of water. Yet here she was, standing on the shore with this retched pole, a bag of twine and what the Akalak at the market had called bait. If she hadn’t eaten the last of the small game from her pack, a day past, she wouldn’t be here. “I suppose now is as good a time as any” she mused quietly in Tawna; running through the instructions given for the 12th time.

Finding a nice, dry rock, she perched herself there, bringing her feet up to perch on it as well. The sand felt nice, but wrong. It had the same grainy feel she felt comfortable on, but it was so damned cold and wet!

After more than 15 chimes, much cursing and frustration, she finally had the rod set up. Placing it beside her and taking a deep breath, knowing that if she attempted to do more with it now, she may just hurl it into the sea; she finally took notice of the other two inhabitants of the beach, a few miles up. Sea mist obscured her vision enough that all she could tell of the two was the bluish tint of the taller one, and how pale the hair of the other was.

I wonder if either of them knows how to fish.
Keipecha
Player

Words: 8968
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2011, 2:54 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Felakal on June 1st, 2011, 6:50 pm

OOCIf you have a specific goal for the where you want to go with the thread, just PM me. Also, I'm thinking us three will be enough. No more people.

Felakal nodded his respect when Kavala stated who she was. He looked to Naturii as she spoke of her. He couldn't help but smile. "She is isn't she? I have a hawk out and about somewhere, hunting." He was oblivious to the stranger in the distance.

"Does your friend of a fondness for birds?" Felakal looked around and offered Kavala a seat, just in the mouth of the cave. A boulder, not very cozy but more comfortable than standing up. "Care to have a seat?"

OOCSorry about the short post. I've been out of the game for a while so I'm trying to get back into it. Next post should be LOADS better.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Baku on November 5th, 2011, 2:13 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Felakal: +1 Knife, +3 Observation, +3 Rhetoric,+1 Debate

Lore: Training in a Cave, Unexpected Lectures, Defending Actions, Starting Over, Kavala: Owner of Sanctuary, Love of Birds

Kavala: +1 Scavenging, +3 Observation, +3 Rhetoric, +1 Debate,

Lore: Collecting Sea Glass, Working off Steam, Courage with Anger, Moving On, Felakal: Akalak in Training,

Keipecha: +1 Rhetoric, +1 Fishing, +1 Observation,

Lore: Out of One’s Element, Necessities of Travel, Setting up a Fishing Rod,

Additional Notes: The awards thus far. If any wish to continue this, let me know and I’ll grade it after more has been completed.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office