(SOLO) The Journey Begins

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Felakal on April 27th, 2011, 5:36 am

Timestamp: 11th Day of Spring, 511 AV

Felakal closed his journal. After getting out of sight of Riverfall, he decided to finally write in his journal. Maybe he would start a log of his journey. But right now he had to get as far away from his home as possible.

Morgrah had turned him into a murderer. He swallowed tears as he tried to not think about Kanaar. His horse who was one of his only friends, was gone now. Losing control, he left as fast as he could. Now he was in a small canoe working his way along the coast of the Suvan Sea. He didn't know where he was going or how long it would take to get there. He knew he wanted to get to Ravok and find Sulavik, but he had no idea how to get there. And by Canoe? It could take months if not seasons.

The sandy beach looked like it was beginning to become a little rockier as time went bye. Felakal knew he was going north. After about another hour of paddling, he decided to rest his arms and wash his face. It was still covered in sweat and blood and tears. He scooped his hands into the sea and gently rubbed the dirt and grime off.

As Felakal leaned on the edge of the canoe, he saw Naturri and Foreen flying above, in the reflection on the sea's surface. Looking up, he watched as his eagle and hawk soared free in the sky. Smiling, he looked back down at the water. He watched his reflection. Nothing looked different physically but he knew what he saw. A killer. He murdered two innocent people. They were foolish yes, but not at fault for Kanaar.

He wasn't sure how he would get to where he was going. A canoe is only as fast as walking if you pace yourself, and he would need to take breaks. Suddenly he heard some far off voices. Felakal turned to see a very large ship moving off in the distance in the same direction that he was going. North.

Felakal began shouting but it was obvious that the shipmates were too busy working to notice. So looking up, Felakal called out to Naturii and pointed at the ship.

There was a loud shriek as a large eagle dropped out of the sky towards the ship. She quickly flew over the worker's heads, then turning, went back the way she came. Giving another loud shriek as she flew towards Felakal, turning the men on the ship's attention to the lone Akalak standing, waving, on a tiny canoe.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on May 4th, 2011, 7:24 am

After showing the crewmen that Felakal was wishing to come aboard, they stalled their ship for him to row over. Once he got his canoe to the side of the ship, the men lowered two ropes for him to tie to his small canoe. The men obviously didn't want to lift the canoe along with a fully grown Akalak, so they lowered down a rope ladder for Felakal to climb up. He quickly scaled the side of the ship and hopped over the edge.

He was greeted by five friendly human males. They looked like traders. "How's it going young Akalak?" One asked. "We just left Riverfall, is that where you're coming from?" Another asked. They were innocent but Felakal didn't like all the questions.

"Leave the young man alone!" Bellowed a loud voice. A average looking, but strong human came walking down a small flight of steps. He must be the captain. He quickly reached Felakal and didn't hesitate to take his hand and give a firm shake. "The name's Captain Dragan Dual, we couldn't but help notice you standing on your little canoe over there shouting and waving."

Felakal shook his hand and smiled, letting his hand drop. "Thank you for letting me come aboard. My name is-" Felakal wasn't sure if he should use his name. Would these men have heard of him? Would word of his murder have reached them before they left? He decided to just be honest, these seemed like good-hearted men. "Felakal." He said, finishing his sentence. "I'm glad my eagle got your attentiong-"

"Oh that was YOUR eagle was it?!" The captain cut him off with a loud laugh. "Quite a smart bird you've got there. That hawk circling above wouldn't be yours as well would it?" It was easy to tell that Dagan Dual was very outgoing, much unlike Felakal.

"Yes, they're both my birds. I was wondering where you were going. You see I'm trying to reach Ravok to meet an old friend of mine, but I'm afraid that going by canoe will take me months to get there." Felakal wasn't sure if the captain would let him sail with them, he was a stranger they met at sea. He was surprised that they were so close to shore, they should be farther out at sea by now.

"Ravok huh?" The captain rubbed his chin. "Well I'm afraid even if you had the time, you wouldn't get there by canoe. The Suvan Sea doesn't take you there. However we ARE on our way to Alvadas, we are trading some goods from Riverfall.

Felakal didn't know where Alvadas was but he was sure it was closer to Ravok then where they currently were. "Is there anyway I might be able to take up some space and sail with you and your men?" Felakal asked the captain but looked around at the crewmen, obviously open for they're opinions too.

"Hmm... well I don't know. We have extra food and water of course, but do you perhaps have any mizas to spare? We can take you to Alvadas and you can rest on the ship until then." It was easy to tell that Dragan wanted to help the Akalak but he couldn't just let a stranger ride with them for free.

Quickly thinking about what he had on his person, he calculated how many mizas he had left. "Well I've got about thirty five gold mizas..." The crew began snickering, even the two who had just pulled the canoe aboard. Felakal had a feeling that that wasn't much to these men.

Captain Dragan Dual sighed heavily. "Now that's not enough not nearly enough." He leaned on the edge of the ship. I would need about a hundred gold mizas." The captain didn't want the money for himself, but he would need to replace food and water once they got to Alvadas.

Felakal sighed as well. He was very disappointed. But then he had an idea. "What if I work for you?" A few murmurs of approval spread among the men. "I'll work alongside your crewmen, and instead of pay, you reward me with passage to Alvadas.

Dragan smiled. This Akalak really needed to get to wherever it was he was going, and was willing to work for it. The captain admired a good work ethic. "Men?" He asked his crew. There were nods and a few yeses. "Okay then, you can work with the crewmen and we'll give you passage. I'll assign one of the men to show you what your duties will be, but for now I must get back to steering the ship.

As the captain returned up the steps, Felakal wasn't sure where Alvadas exactlyu was, but he knew that he would be closer to finding Sulavik. Then he could finally get some answers. Answers that he deserved.
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Felakal on May 10th, 2011, 8:21 am

One of the crewmen by the name of Mako showed him the sleeping quarters. It definitely wasn't much but Felakal knew he would be fine. After all he had been sleeping in a cave for over two years now. Felakal was told that his main job would be to swab the deck and clean the two balista mounts.

It was everybody's job to help everyone else, but everyone had their primary jobs. Felakal was actually grateful to be working for passage instead of paying, this way it would be easier to distract himself from what happened outside of Riverfall. There would be a little bit of time where it would seem like it didn't even happen.

But it did happen.

He sighed. Felakal knew that the event would always be in the back of his mind, but it wasn't really his fault. If it wasn't for his stupid other soul Morgrah, this never would have happened.

You have only yourself to blame.

He did blame himself for what happened to Kanaar. But if Morgrah would talk instead of only kill... Maybe then Felakal could stop things like the murdering from happening. Those two humans were innocent. The female had even saved Felakal.

They deserved it and you know it.

Felakal shook his head. What was he thinking? No one deserved the fate that the snake charmers had received. "Watch it!" One of the crewmen grumbled as he barged passed Felakal.

He stumbled as he was almost pushed into the side of the deck. Rude much? Felakal asked himself. What had he done to get on that man's bad side?

Who cares? Show him why he's not going to do it again!

Felakal squinted his eyes and pressed his fingers into them. He must be very grumpy today. This was unlike him, the last thing he wanted to do was say something aloud that might anger the crewmen. What was stopping them from putting him back out at sea with his canoe?
Felakal

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Growl on November 7th, 2011, 4:29 am

Appreciation Time!

Name: Felakal

Experience: +1 Canoeing, +1 Negotiation, +1 Rhetoric
Lore: Taking the Blame, Becoming a Member of the Crew

Additional Notes: PM with questions or concerns.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office