Wake me! Nysel's realm holds no peace for me now. (Coatl)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Kavala on August 7th, 2011, 11:39 am

ImageShe wanted to believe him, but there'd been so many untruths over the last thirty days. A quarter of a season of abuse had passed, heavy abuse, and she'd started to feel nothing but emptiness towards her life and towards her future. Gone was the brightness inside of her. Gone was the hope and promise for the future. In its place was someone held down, held back, and a spirit that was utterly extinguished even though it was still living.

The Akalak purposely rescued slaves from slavers. And he knew, even though most of the human world could not tell, that she was still incredibly young. He knew because she wasn't the first woman who'd rode before him on his saddle wrapped in a blanket, returned from certain death to be passed on to another uncertain future. And she wouldn't be the last.

But he told her to forget, that the past wasn't important, and that the only thing she could cling too was the future. She understood that well. Her past was gone like the dead strider that had ghosted up beside Gural's horse and paced it with his eye on his mistress. The horse came from nowhere and walked without a limp at all. Kavala stared at Windsong and wondered why his spirit hadn't gone back to the web like it should have. Instead it haunted her, and the man she rode with. The man, glancing sideways, seemed to see the horse too and raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Yours?" He seemed to ask, and she shook her head. Horses in death belonged to no one but Semele and Zulrav, no matter how real and material they looked. Windsong bumped her knee in greeting, upset she was riding the strange horse, and even though it felt so real, Kavala closed her eyes and let tears fall.

Most of all she regretted her horses fall, his death, and loosing him who'd been with her more than fifteen years.

Gural was still talking about the slavers. She'd heard most of it, but couldn't understand why he was so angry. They'd done nothing to the Akalak, only to the women the Akalak would then use, benefiting from the practice, even if it was in a round about way. She amazed him? Kavala remained silent. She amazed herself that she hadn't followed Windsong into death. Perhaps thats why he was there now, shadowing them, because he'd lingered behind waiting on his rider, determined to carry her to the afterlife as well.

But it wasn't meant to be, that final death. Instead, they rode through the day and camped at night, the women given their own tents to sleep in. The next day they rode on again, until finally they reached a great river and turned to follow it to the sea. The warriors took the women to a tower called the Oathmasters Tower where they received medical attention (she barely remembered the invasive exams and the judgement of her body and mental status) and were cared for as a group. Their roles were explained thoroughly as well as the rules and options. They were shown the rooms they would live in at the Tower if they chose not to agree with the Akalak policies. Kavala was checked out, healed, and along with the other females received a large silver bracelet that was then wielded to her wrist. She couldn't remove it. Then the group of them, minus one who had to remain behind for more extensive medical treatment (it was whispered she was pregnant and the Akalak were going to take care of it), were moved to Godiva's for a weeks rest and some time off.

Kavala never saw Gural after that first trip to Riverfall. She did, however, see her horse again and again. It wasn't until the aging strider was caught and lured into a stables with grain did she finally believe he was alive and come to realize she had to make a place for him as equally as she had to make a place for herself.

It was shortly thereafter that she petitioned the council for land, signed her life away buying it, and tired to make a life for herself. Tried.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tabarnac on November 7th, 2011, 5:20 am

XP Award!

Kavala
XP Award: Riding +3; Observation +4; Interrogation +1

Additional Notes:
Everyone left! Still, you managed to make an interesting peek into Kavala’s past. Well done.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous