Those Are My Mushrooms! Part I [Solo]

Strychnos finds out about a valuable location and a foolish entrepeneur...The game begins.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Strychnos on October 8th, 2011, 9:25 am

Timestamp: 1st of Fall, 511 AV

Strychnos had overheard terrific news tonight. Supposedly there was a natural cache of treasure for poisoncrafters in the Wildlands not too far from Ravok. And not only that, but it was also a location where many people can be found after suddenly disappearing, although usually they are retrieved in a rather decomposed state. Nice to know for when he needs to dispose of...something.

At first Strychnos had cursed himself for not having obtained this valuable information the moment he arrived in Ravok, but he got over it rather quickly. First thing he did was wait for the two travellers to finish their much too audible conversation and hopefully overhear even more valuable intel. Which happened.

It turned out that one of the two men was an enterprising individual and was going to visit the location in two days from now. Strychnos absolutely had, without fail, to come up with a plan to either join or effectively follow the man until they reach the fabled location. He overheard some more details about the area that he memorized and would note down later back home. He made sure to memorize the entrepeneur's facial features with a few, and sporadicly placed, glances in the conversating duo.

The conversation had shifted from being extremely interesting for Strychnos, to insipid talk about a 'spectacular' slavefight in The Pit. Strychnos was getting worried, it was getting quite late and he had been sitting around on the the Silver Sliver's terras on his own for too long now, it might be starting to become surveyable that there was something suspicious about Strychnos' persona. Without further ado, he turned to a passing barmaid and bid her goodnight in a cheerful manner, before walking away from the bar and casually going on his way in the direction of his humble home.

After having passed the men, Strychnos had a big smile on his face the entire way and was rather pleased with himself and his good fortune tonight. He entered the building where he lived and went straight to the 3rd floor and to his cube, which was a rather small room with the most basic furniture, but hey, it did what it was supposed to do, it gave Strychnos privacy and shelter. Luxury is a form of poison anyway, to him, makes the people grow weak and fat. Strychnos wasn't a solemn and pover person, but he just didn't spend money on useless trivia like decorations, tastier food and drinks, etc. etc.

He wasn't rich and even if he was, he would still spend money on things that matter to him. Either way, he needed to write down the information that was still fresh in his mind.

* The man leaves in 2 days from 1st of Fall.
- Must be at Southern Trading Post to wait for the man.
- Take 1st Ferry to STP
* Accompany him to destination.

- Destination: Filrian Bog.
- Apparently many poisonous insects and flora
^ Go to Healing Hand for vaccins.

* Preparations:

- Different kinds of juice.
- Food
- Special clothes for the stings.
- Extra utensils.
- Backpack + Small Rucksack

* Have a good time and part ways with the man in a friendly manner.

Obviously the list had little codewords incorporated in it to avoid leaving his plans open for others to see. Granted, the coding was rather lame and highly amateuristic, but he had to do with the ability at hand. Reading the list again he knew he could finish all of these preparations in a day's worth, easily. So after removing his clothing that hid his leather armor beneath it, he proceeded to remove his armor carefully, some of it had dangerous attributes to them, like the Utility Bracelets. He placed the list on the bottom of the wardrobe, then placed the Night Leather armorpieces carefully over it, followed by the common clothes. Next to the structured pile of items, he had his Portable Poisoncrafter's Kit stashed away. Which he will get to put to good use in 2 days from now.

After everything had been taken care of, he fell asleep with the curtains open so that he'd wake up as soon as the sun shone through the window. Tomorrow would be a rather hectic day, but he enjoyed it nonetheless, everything about 'The Game' was exhillerating for Strychnos. The thrill of the game, that's what he lived for.
Last edited by Strychnos on October 21st, 2011, 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Strychnos
Player

Words: 13304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Strychnos on October 8th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Timestamp: 2nd of Fall, 511 AV

The first rays of sunshine slowly crept over Strychnos face, but the sun's plan of waking him up by caressing his face and eyelids with a soft, warm touch was foiled as the man had already been awake for almost an hour. He had slept well and felt rested, eventhough he had been in a state of half-awake and half-asleep for the better part of the night. He still had to learn not to get the excitement get the better of him, he needed to be calculating and prepared. But as it was now, he was excited as hell, not for the kill per se, although he couldn't wait to feel the ecstacy of terminating a target succesfully. It was more or less excitement that he was laying the foundation to reach that ecstacy, that he was working towards his goal and that everything went well so far.

He had gone over the list of things-to-do today in his mind several times now, but he needed to make sure he didn't miss anything, vital or otherwise. He got out from the bed and went straight to the closet, he needed the parchment that was lying underneath his belongings. It was best not to leave evidence lingering, so he was going to use the remaining free space on the parchment to note down the list and after every item on it would be crossed out, he'd shred it to bits and throw it in the lake.

He retrieved the parchment and sat himself at the desk, trying to find a good chronological order for his errands and preparations. First things first. He needed to come up with a satisfactory course of action to make sure he reached the Filrian Bog succesfully, with the help of the entrepeneur. That was his main goal, the possible treasures in terms of poisoncrafting material far outweighed any belongings that man might have on himself. But it was no secret to himself, Strychnos enjoyed the demise of others by his hand...No, that man would not leave The Bog alive.

Ok, so the terms of winning the game were:
* Reaching the Filrian Bog
* Terminating the target
* Leaving no witnesses nor evidence

The loot and harvesting were bonusmaterial, but those 3 terms had to be met in order to succesfully finish the game. Strychnos started to think hard and long. What was the best way to accomplish these goals? He had to think about the big picture and not just focus on one of the terms. Several different approaches and strategies went through his mind but in each and every one of them there were flaws.

* Following the man from a distance => Very weak plan full of holes and flaws.

* Asking the man to join him on his expedition =>
How would Strychnos know that the man would go to the Filrian Bog, it would raise too much suspicion and get in the way of Terminating The Target.

* Forcing the man to lead the way =>
Too many guards near the Trading Post and if the man ran away, there wasn't much Strychnos could do to stop him.

Strychnos finally found a way to increase the odds of reaching the Filrian Bog whilst not raising a high amount of suspicion towards himself. The plan wasn't bulletproof, but it was the best course of action he could come up with.

* Follow the man from a semi-close proximity.
* Once the man asks what Strychnos is doing, tell him that 'he is looking for Filrian Bog because he recently found out his father was "burried" there by some rotten criminal bastards, and he wants to see if there's a way to give his father a proper resting place or otherwise at least visit his grave'. Don't forget to mention that he heard Filrian Bog is in that direction from people at Malfazar's Beer Hut.
* If the man shows empathy and invites Strychnos to tag along, continue playing the role of grieving son.
* If the man denies Strychnos the right to tag along, use threat and force to make him lead the way. Keep several poisons at hand in case of a fight or a chase. Use appropriate poisons.

It wasn't the best plan in the world, but Strychnos was rather pleased with it nonetheless, it was the best he could come up with after a long time whilst not having much time left. Everything needed to be prepared today since tomorrow was the "rendez-vous".
Last edited by Strychnos on October 21st, 2011, 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Strychnos
Player

Character sheet

Postby Strychnos on October 9th, 2011, 10:07 am

Ok, the rough outlines of the plan were made. Now onto the preparations. The order in which the preparations were executed were of importance aswell, not everything could be done at any time afterall.

The order was:

* Go to The Healing Hand to get some vaccins for poisonous flora and fauna in the Filrian Bog. ( Don't want to get a serious illness and succumb to it in the middle of a dangerous habitat. )

* Go to Odds And Ends, buy something artistic to be able to say it belonged to your father, who crafted it, and that you were going to place it at his grave.

* Prepare tools and garments with juice.

* Catch first ferry to Southern Trading Post.

* Buy fruits in the Bazaar, then wait at the dock's boardwalk in one of the taverns, by the window, to have a clear view of people getting off the ferry.

Those were all the preparations he had to undertake, concluded Strychnos after giving himself time to make sure he didn't forget anything. After writing them down and memorizing them, he armored and clothed himself and then set out into the city.

Important NotesThis is the ending of Part I. I'll post in the Healing Hands Location for the vaccins & in Odds and Ends for the purchases, providing my weapons and utility bracers with poisons won't be rp'ed but I'll make sure to describe that they are in fact poisoned, at the start of Part II. Part II will start with me on the ferry on its way to the Southern Trading Post. Cheers. ^^
Strychnos
Player

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on November 8th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Strychnos

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Intelligence
  • +2 Tactics

You Question My Logic? :
I gave you points in tactics for all the planning.. though.. if you prefer I could just give you points in Planning instead, or if you have a better word for it let me know.

Lores: Memorizing a face, Lore of Filrian Bog (basic), The Game, Plotting to Kill, Careful Planning

Notes: Good job. I think you have a coding error somewhere in one of your posts, but I can't find it. It's making the page do some weird stuff. No worries, I've seen this before, and if you are also seeing it, make sure to recheck your coding. If not, then I'm either crazy, or I've already fixed it.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)