One Little Pearl [Nathan]

Nathan meets Ra'Mari and gets a very interesting oppertunity.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Cachet on November 9th, 2011, 6:51 pm

41st of Fall 511AV

The morning had broke suddenly today which was an odd occurrence due to the overcast clouds. They didn’t release any rain but when they parted the sunlight pierced through and illuminated the entire isle rather suddenly almost. But the Konti didn’t mind and as always they were going about their lives as planned. Back at her shop Fa’Mari was observing a piece of jewelry that had been damaged…which was too bad given that it was such a unique piece. The Konti sighed a little and carried the piece around with her maybe the other part to it was actually in her shop somewhere…that would be nice. And somewhat unexpected as well, she hoped what her daughter had told her was a lie…but the more she looked the more apparent it became that the piece was indeed missing. That made this particular piece interesting but not nearly as priceless as it had been.

Ra’Mari went outside to stock her tables again and maybe move some more exquisite merchandise. She had so much to offer now that the ships had come in and traded unique items with her. She had all kinds of things to offer anyone who passed by. She carried this little piece of damaged jewelry with her the entire time hoping to find the little pearl that went within the piece. It was the kingpin to the entire pendant and she needed it…but she knew she was unlikely to find it anywhere within her shop. So she decided instead she would go about setting up the tables and maybe…just maybe the fates would turn in her favor.

She had plenty to do and well wanted to try and make room for many more treasures, but this one was still bothering her. She wanted the other piece to it but had not the time to go and fetch it wherever it may be. So she would go and maybe try later? Well she would have to see about that. She laid out all kinds of items on the tables. Some from far away and others were items crafted inside Mura by all kinds of artisans. She knew that she had much to offer and wanted to state that in almost the loudest manner possible. She was an eccentric personality and plenty knew it by the way she dressed and her ornate and sometimes exaggerated facial expressions.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

On Little Pearl [Nathan]

Postby Nathan Longstride on November 10th, 2011, 12:21 am

Nathan didn't quite know why he was returning to the Emporium that he helped set up directions for days ago. He had had a chance to look over the merchandise and get whatever he needed. But Nathan felt drawn to the shop, as if something there he really needed. What Nathan had no clue, but it truly drove him to the extremes. That day he wore his deep pocket robe, four daggers hidden throughout his pockets, all ready to be drawn. It wasn't like he expected to get in a fight in such a peaceful place. But the last time he felt drawn to something, he had saved a life. And this time it might just be his own life he needed to save.

Ignoring the lizard bridge, Nathan walked up to where he was going. The Emporium was at the apex of the bridge, a design that still startled Nathan. If only some of the archetects in Zeltiva could study the work of the Konti. Ivory was so much nicer to look at, and it shined brighter than granite. This morning Nathan didn't smell that ornate vanilla that he had not too long ago. Maybe the overcast stopped the shopkeeper from inticing visitors with the smell. Not that she had needed it, as Nathan came back anyway.

Outside stood the same woman Nathan spoke with several days ago. He doubted he would be such a surprise to her as he had already been here once. Walking up to the table, Nathan put on a smile. Maybe he could speak with one woman without blushing. Maybe. "Morning, miss. I was here a few days ago and yet I still felt. . . drawn to your shop. Maybe if you restocked the thing I'm looking for was placed out here." Nathan opened both arms outward to capture the tables with his motions. Some of it did look new to the Zeltivan. Then again with those women watching him the last time, he really hadn't paid much attention to the objects resting on the table.

But as Nathan glanced at the object in the woman's hand, he could determine it was new to him. It was a piece of jewelry that seemed to missing something. Being no expert in jewelcrafting, Nathan didn't know what exactly it was. But it didn't hurt to ask. At least, maybe it wouldn't hurt. He never did know when it came with women. "Is that the full piece?" Nathan could almost sigh in relief. He asked a question without sounding sarcastic. But even then he had to be careful with this woman. Sometimes a second trap was hidden in the shadow of the first, and even if he disarmed the first, he still might trip the second.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Words: 85333
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 4:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cachet on November 29th, 2011, 1:09 am

Ra’Mari smiled at the man’s interest. “Many are drawn to my shop. Where else can you find such interesting items. I feel there is an item here for everyone even if they don’t know it yet.” She was very cheerful today as she set out items on the tables.

She wore bright almost painfully bright clothing and dangled all kinds or ribbons and feathers from the tips of her long hair. It was a sight to be seen and honestly none would believe his stories no matter how he told them. Sometimes the truth was far more interesting and unbelievable than any fictitious lie anyone could ever conjure up.

“This? I am afraid not. One of my daughters was carrying it in her pocket and dropped it into a deep tidepool. She recovered it but only this part. It is missing a rather interesting looking glass marble from it. I never got a chance to look the piece over in it’s entirety but I know from some of the markings that it was magecrafted. But it is useless without the glass marble.” She shook her head and then looked the piece over again marking every last piece of it with her eyes. She knew what the marble looked like surely by the piece.

“It isn’t a very interesting marble, but right now…” She looked to the sky and then nodded. “It would be black with lightning like streaks running through it.” Just as she said that a bolt of lightning sailed through the sky and connected with another cloud in the atmosphere. “Yes that sounds right to me.”

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office