Seasonal Payout and XP request thread Mura

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Cachet on September 2nd, 2011, 7:01 pm

Adapted from Verilian

Seasonal Xp/Salary Request Thread

This thread is for Salary and Seasonal XP requests only. If you do not have a job and want one, or want me to set up one pm me and we can set something up. If you want your character to start off with a job, you can set it up via PM with a storyteller (ours is Gossamer for now).

Drawing Your Salary

Salary is drawn once per season, at the beginning of the next season. For example, to collect your Winter wages, you have to wait until the first day of spring. In order to actually draw your salary you must prove your activity by posting at least two threads in which you are performing your job, as well as how many days (default is 91 for every season except winter which has 92). I am lenient here and the two threads can consist of any of the following.

• One or two threads for the current season in which you are performing and or mentioning in detail performing your duty
  • A single thread you are still currently actively posting in that is from a past season in which you are performing your duty

Limitations on the second option above.
  • An out of season thread can only count once out of season. You cannot reuse it for multiple seasons even if you are still posting in it.
  • I only let you count ONE out of season thread you have to have ONE in season thread
  • If you use an out of season thread it has to be used in the season right after the season it started. You can't use a Summer 511 thread and try and count it in Summer 512...I will not allow this.
  • You can not use a thread in season then out of season. Meaning for example using a Winter thread for Winter then again for Spring.

A response will be posted in this thread detailing how much you earn, and any living expenses if you have not already subtracted them. Wages and Living expenses can be found below. If your job is not shown on the list, please send me a PM. Also, if you feel your skill level is high enough to be considered competent or higher in your profession, please include that in the request as well. (For more detailed information on wages and living expenses, see the Price List.) Also if you take days off the job for any reason please make sure to subtract this from your earned salary to keep things fair.

Job List

Profession Wage Profession Wage Profession Wage
Sage 15gm/day Cleric/Priest 13gm/day Acolyte 10gm/day
Gemcutter 9gm/day Armorer 8gm/day Locksmith 8gm/day
Surgeon/Doctor 8gm/day Weaponsmith 8gm/day Alchemist 7-14gm/day
Healer 7-12gm/day Poisoncrafter 7gm/day Attorney 7gm/day
Brewer/Philterer 7gm/day Veterinarian 6gm/day Engineer/Architect 6gm/day
Blacksmith 6gm/day Herbalist 6gm/day Falconer 5gm/day
Hunter 5gm/day Wilderness Guide 5gm/day Woodcarver 5gm/day
Mercenary (Advanced Missions) 5-7gm/day Groomer 5gm/day Altar Boy 4gm/day
Farmer 4gm/day Fisherman 4gm/day Fortune-teller 4gm/day
Performer/Bard 4gm/day Innkeeper 4gm/day Shopkeeper 4gm/day
Tattoo Artist 4gm/day Boywer/Fletcher 3gm/day Thief 1-4gm/day
Prostitute 1-4gm/day Clerk 3gm/day Cobbler 3gm/day
Mason 3gm/day Mercenary (Basic Missions) 1-3gm/day Tanner 3gm/day
Scribe 3gm/day Cook 2-3gm/day Barmaid 1-2gm/day
Groom 1gm/day Laborer 7sm/day

If you are a member of the Black Sun or Ebonstryfe or some other organization that grants a seasonal Salary, you may request payment from that in this thread as well.

Living Expenses

Quality of Life Living Expense Quality of Life Living Expense Quality of Life Living Expense
Squalor 5gm/s (.05gm/day) Poor 45gm/s (.5gm/day) Common 135gm/s (1.5gm/day)
Good 450gm/s (5gm/day) Exquisite 675gm/s (7.5gm/day

Seasonal XP

Seasonal XP is a collective XP award directly relating to your job. It represents an entire season's worth of work. In order to collect seasonal XP post any and every thread in which you do anything involving your job whatsoever. Even mentioning your job. (A brief summary or perhaps pointing me to the right page will speed up the process.) Also list the skills related to your job that you would like to get XP in, though you may or may not get points in all of them.

Current PCs with Jobs

Kail -- Librarian/Copyist
Blythe--Fortune Teller Extraordinaire
Serrif--Lym's Assistant

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Blythe on September 2nd, 2011, 7:09 pm

Hockay, so, Blythe works as a fortune teller. At her level, she should make approx. 12 GM per day, although this season she did more teaching than readings, so perhaps a salary cut is in order. She also didn't do much this season... so perhaps saying she only worked a fraction of the season would be fair, say 45 days or something.

1) Wildcard this has been going on since last season, so I don't know if I can technically get any credit for it.
2) Playing your hand involves Blythe teaching another person about fortune telling

And that's all I've got, thanks Cachet.

Blythe
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kail D'Rea on September 3rd, 2011, 3:00 am

Here is the link to the thread job where I got the job. It specified 4gm per day. Inking the Future (I still need xp for this, though the job offer is complete)
Kail has been in Mura working for all 91 days of summer.

Here are the links to the threads I mention my job in this season.

Dancing and Singing

How Many Words Are There

Here's what's Kail's been doing this summer:

Kail opened her eyes and looked around her little cottage. It had become a habit lately to see if Taithrosa had stayed after she went to sleep. Today he hadn’t. She brushed off the slight disappointment and decided that today would be a focus on work day, from beginning to end. Next to spending time with Taith, spending time at work was the thing she loved best. She hurried to wash up and comb through her long fair hair before putting on her standard work clothes and grabbing a handful of fresh raspberries she’d picked yesterday from her garden. Then she was out the door, excited to get to the library of the opal order and, she hoped, actually finish the project she’d been working on for months. If it was approved, she would get a new assignment, or rather decided on her next project from the long list of books and documents waiting to be copied. It was Kail’s favorite part of the job: finishing one book and moving on to another.

Kail was completely focused on getting to her project as she entered the library and went straight to the scribes work room. Her comfortable, well-lit work area was waiting for her, her nearly completed work on the top of the desk. She was the first one to arrive this morning and that’s the way she liked it. The other women she worked with had become her friends and she did like to talk to them and catch up. Especially since Kail enjoyed being able to talk about her man with other women and “the girls” always wanted to know how things were in her life. The ones with daughters were full of advice, but all of it given and taken in the best spirit of sisterly affection. Kail actually felt she had real friends. It was odd, but kind of nice.

Today she was not thinking about that though. She had all but finished last night when the light completely failed and she decided that she didn’t want her last paragraph to be her worst, so she reluctantly set it aside until morning. The book had been truly fascinating: a work on the healing herbs. This type of work was always in high demand in the Opal Order’s library and having accurate extra copies was essential. Sometimes the originals were damaged, or simply in use too often for everyone to get a turn. She’d been specially asked to take on the task when she had finished up her previous task just when they decided to pull the book for copying and was so glad she had. It was filled not only with detailed descriptions of the medicinal properties of plants from all over the world, but full-color pictures as well. She had been privileged to copy the pictures, each leaf vain and flower petal meticulously copied and, after hours of laboring over them, engraved in Kail’s mind as well as on the page.

Sitting down at her desk and catching the full morning light, Kail carefully copied the last entry under the image she had left to dry last night:
Walnut, Black - tall hardwood tree with spearhead shaped leaves. Grows in temperate climates. Nut producing. Self seeds easily. Black Walnut trees may produce a chemical that prevents some types of other plants from growing around it, but this chemical has not been isolated or studied at this time.

The leaves produce a skin and eye wash calms irritation in the affected areas and relaxes patients. A powder can be derived from green nut hulls is anti-parasitic. The bark is astringent and can be chewed for toothaches. Use poultice of green hulls for ringworm or other heat related skin irritation. Inner bark can be used as a laxative. Not recommended for expecting mothers.

Nuts are not only eatable, but nutritious, providing essential fats. They can be stored long-term, but the sooner they are used the higher the fat retention. Sources of this medicine may need to be protected as the wood is widely used in high-quality furniture.

It was the last of many such entries and Kail now knew about everything from Agrimony to help clear up a cold or other minor illness to Prunella vulgaris that would cure just about anything. She was certain she could recognize any of the plants, though, like the walnut she had just finished writing about, she would probably never see some of them growing on her tropical island. Different plants for different lands. Not that there weren’t plenty of the herbs here and she was always excited to write about a plant she had seen or even used herself at the recommendation of the healers.

Kail had not done all the pages in order, choosing instead to start with the most challenging pictures and work into the easier ones. She liked to get the hardest part out of the way first no matter what she was working on. It made it nice now since the picture that went with Yarrow, which she would certainly try to find next time she had a fever, had been one of the hardest. The delicate white flowers, so closely bunched together had been hard enough to copy, but the fern-like leaves were just too small and diverse to be done any way but with the smallest tip, one little leaf at a time. She used only the smallest amount of green ink each time she filled her well, knowing it would dry before she could finish more than one of the stalks with leaves pictured. Still, it had been rewarding and as Kail now assembled all of her book to send to the binders, she was proud of what she had done. Now students would look at her work and learn and grow from it. Of course she still needed to get the book reviewed and have her performance rated by the librarians, but she felt that she had done good work, some of her best, and whatever they said, she would be proud of that.

Kail smiled at each of her co-workers as they entered and chatted about the work they were doing and the work she’d just finished before they settled in to do their own work building the library of the Opal Order in the best way they knew how. Putting the pages in order required little though or concentration, but even so, she went over it all three times, making sure there would be no mistakes. She also looked at each page she was about to submit double-checking for errors.

Now she just had to wait for the binder’s runner to come and fetch it and it would be officially submitted to the library. Kail went to look at the list of upcoming projects to try to distract herself from the sudden rush of nerves. While the book hadn’t really been done, she’d been fine, but now that there was nothing left to do, she started to worry that her best wouldn’t be good enough. “Don’t think about it,” she whispered to the list in front of her. “You did your best and it will be fine.” She knew she would hear if it wasn’t. In the mean-time, Kail decided that one of the high-priority tasks would just suit her. It was a request for a copy of a scroll on weapons. Apparently the original was getting worn and they wanted to put it away, but needed a copy first. Kail wanted to take on the job because the short description said the work included black and white drawings of both common and famous weapons, including the etchings on the blades. That would certainly give Kail some ideas and inspiration for her own works. She would review the scroll today, gather materials and start tomorrow. A shorter work would certainly be a nice change and since it wasn’t listed as an old work, the writing was almost sure to be easy to read and copy. “Funny” she thought, “how a scroll on weapons could be so popular in the Opal Order. What a diverse and exciting job! I can’t wait to get started.”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Words: 76426
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2010, 6:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cachet on September 7th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Blythe

Ok so here is the math I did for ya
usual amount 12GM
Reduced 'teaching' amount 9gm
Splitting 46 days (added a day for ease) worked half and half between the two 'occupations'
so
(12gmx23days)+(9gmx23days)
(276gm) + (207gm)
483 gm for the season

Experience
Fortune telling: 3

Kail

91 days
4gm a day
Math follows
4gm x 91 days
364gm

Experience
Copying 3

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on September 12th, 2011, 12:15 pm

I worked out a job with Alice in being Lym's Assistant my going rate as of now is 5gm a day. As of now I have taken in the neighborhood of 6 days off.

Thread list
A Thousand Pieces
Mending
Helping Hands
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 2nd, 2011, 5:57 pm

OOCDone with approval from Cachet

Serrif:

(91days - 6 days off) x 5GM a day = 425 GM

Seasonal Wages:

Herbalism +3

(Lemme know if this seems off and I'll fix it)
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Cachet on October 11th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Thank you Cheshire.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Postby Blythe on November 30th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Okay, I know it's a day early, but I want to get this in before it slips my mind.

Name: Blythe
Job: Fortune Teller
Skills: 77 Fortune Telling
Threads: Cards, Cards, and More Cards
The Sun
Just a Card
Different Kind of Cards

Thanks Cachet.

Blythe
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cachet on December 4th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Blythe
First Computing your income amount at level 77 fortune telling
Base Pay of fortune teller=4gm
Competent= Base +(1/2 pay rounded down) so 4gm+2gm=6gm
Expert= Competentx2 so 6gmx2=12gm
Master= Expertx2 so 12gmx2=24gm

Your adjusted pay is 24gm a day

Ok so you worked 86 days in the season before you had to leave for RF if you were going to take 61 days of travel to get there. So payout follows below.

86 days x 24gm a day = 2064gm

Now as far as skill payout
Fortune Telling: 4

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 3rd, 2012, 2:50 am

Hey ok did the math and will request (late) my payout for Fall as follows

My payout as Lym's assistant helping her make remedies and all was determined by my herbalism skills. They reached the competent level so my income per day is adjusted as follows.
5gm standard at beginner level
7gm (5gm+(5*.5))is at the competent level

Serrif worked 71 days this season wage calculated below
7gm*71=497gm

as far as seasonal XP type stuff
I have the following threads to list as proof and stuff doing herbalism stuff for XP

A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next