Cats have paws for a reason I(Nil)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Cats have paws for a reason I(Nil)

Postby Antar on November 16th, 2011, 6:55 pm

74th of Fall, 511av

Ah, another day puzzling out his newfound feline friend... trying to gain an inkling of where she came from and why she happened to stick around camp. The little kelvic certainly seemed to be becoming more inquisitive as time passed. Even if she kept around the camp much. He had told her she would be safe here, and he had meant it. Very few people would come to knock at a camp which possessed a couple of severed heads staked out on poles to ward off the prying hands of an unwary thief, or those who might wish to make trouble. The skulls seemed to be a little eroded now, a dull ghastly, off yellow color that the flesh had long since been peeled from.

He suspected Mok might have boiled a few for scraps one time.

But no matter.

He had stuck to his usual routine of the camp chores, filling water for the water barrels, brushing down his horse, caring for Ellise, and preparing breakfast for the newest scrawny creature to join their group. Breakfast wasn't anything major now, just a bit of eggs from the markets in a pan scrambled. His falcon had really taken a shine to the little scamp that had tried to snatch their dinner from over the fire pit, but at least little Nil was able to relay a few facts to him. Maybe Ellise just wanted a little sister or two?

If this kept up, he'd have to set up his spare tent for Nil to stay in.

Though he had found out something important yesterday. Apparently, Nil was on the run from slavers, but he hadn't gained much more out of her than that. The prior day he'd simply bore the young kelvic's silence with a smile, and then had begun to teach the young trainee how to use a kukri. It was almost as big as her arm, and like a short sword to her. It was odd when the realization came he could probably teach her how to use a gladius too... but not a longsword, that would be far too heavy for her.

Humming to himself as the eggs began to sizzle, Antar waited for the amusing little creature to wake up to begin the day's events. But how long did cat's usually sleep anyways? He'd have to ask Canali... she'd have far more experience then Kahtar. Today he just wanted to concentrate on a single task before work: to see how well Nil could box to defend herself.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)