[flashback] Thrash day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Coren on November 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm

Summer 487 56th of autumn

Coren was idly flipping through a story book as he sat on his bed in his parents room. Not really paying attention to the book he was holding. He didn't know how to read very well anyway and his mum always told those stories when he was going to sleep. He dropped the book besides him on the bed and lay down, he was just so bored! His father was off trying to sell some of his wares and most of the young kids he knew from his hold always never wanted to play with him anymore after he pulled a prank or two on them and he didn't know what his mom was doing right now, but she probably was to busy to do something with him anyway. And pulling a prank was out too, his mom was still angry about the time he put ink in her laundry.

He rolled on his stomach, letting out an annoyed sigh, he really had nothing to do. After a few more minutes of boredom he decided to throw caution in the wind and pull a prank. He just had to keep his mom from finding out about it.... somehow. Still that was a problem for later, right now he had to find out what kind of prank he would be going to pull and where he was going to do it.
He jumped out of his bed and quickly walked towards the door. Ideas for pranks tumbling through his mind. Maybe he should hide on top of a roof again and throw snowballs at the people walking past him.

He slowly pushed open the door and carefully looked outside, his mom wasn't anywhere in sight and he carefully tiptoed outside. Last thing he wanted to happen was his mom finding him and questioning what he was going to do. She almost always knew when he was lying about something?
As he was wandering through the hold, looking for stuff that might come in handy for a prank and always double checking every corridor for his mother.
After a while of wandering through the corridors of the hold, occasionally complaining about the lack of useable stuff for his ideas, he came to the fairly small kitchen of his hold and curiously poked his head inside, eager to see if he could scrounge something useful in there. His face lit up with devious glee as he saw the waste bucket and carefully tiptoed closer to snatch a look, when he leaned over the bucket he quickly had to squeeze his nose shut from the stench.
It was perfect! The young boy quickly went back to the door, checking for any sign of people who would throw dirt in his plan, before quickly snatching the bucket of filt and taking off through the hallway's. If he remembered right, one of the windows of close to the kitchen had a busted lock, so with a bit of luck he could use that to sneak out with his bucket!

As he was running along the corridors, trying to keep the filth in the bucket as good as he could, he suddenly felt a rough hand grab his shoulder.
“Young man, where do you think you are going?” Coren put his best innocent expression on and looked over his shoulder, straight into the stern visage of one an older vantha.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Coren on November 2nd, 2011, 2:20 pm

The old man wasn't phased in the least from coren's attempt to look innocent.
“Well? Where are you going to do with one of the kitchens waste buckets?” Coren's little mind worked a mile a minute to find a suitable excuse for the old man in front of him.
“Well, somebody promised me some candy if I brought it to the heap outside,” he quickly blurted out. Hoping that the older man found it a good enough reason.

The man however just raised an eyebrow at his explanation. “Your going the wrong way for that, the exit is that way.” He pointed down the corridor he just came from. “The shortest way to the heap is to leave through the door a few corridors away, and walk a bit around the hold.” Coren just rolled his eyes. “I know that, but the lock on the window a few steps away is busted, you can just climb through it and get there with a lot of less walking!” He didn't noticed the rather surprised look on the older man's face. “Now are you going to let me go?”
The older man hesitated for a bit before nodding. “Just show me to that window with the busted lock will you? It really needs to be fixed.” Coren just nodded and lead the way towards the busted window. “sure, it isn't to far anyway.” True to his word, it took less then a chime before they arrived at the window with the broken lock.

“This is the one.” Coren said as he pushed open the window, carefully putting the bucket of waste outside before clambering through the window as good and as bad his little limbs allowed for it.
The older man nodded. “Okay then, I'll just let somebody know about that this window should be fixed.” Coren grabbed his bucket and slowly began to walk towards the compost heap for a short while. When he was sure the man wasn't looking anymore though he quickly retraced his steps and ran off towards the city, taking care to avoid the more well used roads, using every bit of stealthiness he could muster to keep undetected. Well at least coren thought he was undetected, the few persons that he met easily noticed the kid and either gave him strange looks, or if they where a skyglow, quickly got out of the way before they fell victim to the boy's twisted idea of fun.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Coren on November 2nd, 2011, 10:47 pm

After having trodded through the smaller and less visited streets of avanthal for a short while, looking for the perfect spot to pull his prank. And finally finding something that was good enough for what he was going to do. A building with a very low roof and a few stacks of crates and barrels haphazardly stacked besides them, providing a fairly easy way for little coren to hide and spring the trap for the first unlucky bastard who wandered into the young pranksters sight.
The young boy waited for a long time, huddled behind the crates with the bucket of stinking waste close to him, ears pitched for any sound that would indicate that a victim was coming closer. After almost half a bell he finally heard something resembling footsteps coming from down the street. He inched closer towards the crates he was hiding behind and carefully peeked over the top. Keeping the stinky bucket close to him. Ready to dump the contents as soon as whoever was coming down the street got into range.

Not to long after the little boy began to hear the footsteps some faint giggeling and hushed whispering could be heard before a young couple of vantha came into his sight. Prompting a slightly disgusted face from the young kid. Though it was quickly pushed away with an expression of glee when the pair unwittingly stepped into range of the ambush. Coren quickly took advantage of the fact and sprung out of his hiding place and threw the contents of the bucket at the victims. The girl let out a high pitched shriek of disgust as fish guts and who knows what all splattered all over her dress. And while the male's reaction was a little bit less amusing he still let out a loud cry of disgust and anger as the gunk splattered all over his clothes. Both of them turned towards him with murder in their eyes.

Coren however was completely unaware of that simple fact at that moment, seeing as he was doubled over in laughter. The bucket lying right beside him.
“You little petching piece of shyke!” The male part of the pair yelled out, his voice tained with rage as he glared at coren. Who finally begun to understand the consequences of what he exactly did. Letting out an embarrassed chuckle as he slowly backed away from the angry vantha.
“ehm it was a little joke?” He offered, already knowing before the words left his mouth that is was futile. “Oh shyke.” The little kid cursed as the pair began advancing on him, before bolting away as far as his little legs could carry him.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Coren on November 3rd, 2011, 10:58 pm

Coren was running as fast through the streets of avanthal as he could, the two hotheaded vantha hot on his heels, the only reason he wasn't caught yet and exposed to their vengance was a mix of pure luck and strength gifted from pure terror on coren's part. And a head clouded by anger and hurt pride on the part of the pursuers. Still they where gaining on him fast and coren's young legs where slowly cramping up as he pushed them past what they where used to. So the near future was looking quite bleak for the young boy. And as much as he tried to shake them off with sharp turns they stuck to him like a foul smell stuck to a frostfawn.

Out of ideas and desperate coren just took another sharp turn, trying to get towards the more busy parts of avanthal and try to lose them inside the crowd. Unfortunately though it was to no avail, before he even got close to the bussier parts of the streets he felt a pair of hands jank him of his feet, and turn him around, forcing him to stare right into the eyes of a pissed of male vantha.
“Well.” Coren muttered to himself. “I'm petched.” He didn't know for sure what petch meant but his father always yelled it when he hit himself on the fingers.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Coren on November 6th, 2011, 3:49 pm

One humiliating experience later....

Coren was cold, wet, covered In things he didn't want to know what it was or where the pair got it from and in urgent need of a bath as he walked back towards the hold, leaving a trail of wet footprints behind him. Trying to ignore the stares he got form the people as he walked through the streets. When he finally got a view of the hold he paused for a moment as he thought about what would happen if his mom saw him in this state, she probably would wanna know why this happened, and he wouldn't be able to lie to his mom to save his life, so she probably would see right through him if he tried to lie his way out of this one.

Deciding that going in through the front doors might not be that good an idea, he trudged off once again towards the window with a broken look, it couldn't have been fixed that quickly, he could sneak in through there again.
Shivering a bit as the gunk on him began to cool down and slip into his pants and underneath his shirt as he sneaked as quickly as he could towards the window and carefully climbed inside, nearly loosing his footing thanks too his drenched shoes, and quickly made himself scarce before somebody saw what kind of mess he made on the floor. Making his way towards the bath's as quickly as he could, completely abandoning the idea of keeping unnoticed, the trail of wet feet prints he left behind would make it way to easy for him to find anyway. Really hoping that he wasn't going to get caught by anybody he knew, he would never live it down.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

[flashback] Thrash day

Postby Cheshire on November 22nd, 2011, 8:05 pm

Character: Coren
Experience: Observation +2, Stealth +2, Larceny +1, Subterfuge +1, Running +1
Lore: A Prank Gone Wrong

Additional Note: Great solo! PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)