Sunberth Announcements [Do Not Post Here!]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 4:41 am

Hey guys! Levi here, and I am announcing our important addition to Sunberth!

Yeah, it's me. I'm here to help all of you have a wonderful time, to do many fun devious things. I want you all to watch this thread closely because I'll like be spamming the hell out of it with updates for the next month or so.

Also, I plan on keeping you guys notified on what is going on with Sunberth both OOC (creation of locations, changing of NPCs, etc) and IC (Prominent or Powerful NPCs dying, PCs dying, changes worth knowing that everyone in Sunberth would hear about within days, etc).

This is the place you should refer to for all that news. But NEVER post here. I mean Never as in "If you post here I will hunt you down and tear off your ears and feed them to your dogs/cats, or my dogs if you have none". So yeah, don't post here. Don't post here.

Do
Not

Thanks!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 2:06 pm

List up people!

I need your attention please!

I have nearly finished revamping all of the old location threads, and I have already created several new ones.

What I need you guys to do is this:
    If you are in the Crimson Edge
  • Gather up the names of EVERYONE in your little Crime Syndicate and PM me that list please.
  • Discuss and decide if you want to pool money for a decent Hideout or if you are keeping your funds separate.
  • Decide what kind of place you want for a Hideout (if you are not pooling money for something, then you get a worthless shack, free of charge)

If you are getting a job in Sunberth
  • Make sure you and I thread in the location/modded thread to get one
  • If you already have a job but never got a SS thread, PM me with the thread you got the job in, and I'll make your thread.
  • If you are attempting to claim several jobs or change jobs, let me know via PM please

Questions, Comments, or Concerns? Feel free to post in the OOC thread or PM me. Thanks!

~ Levi
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on July 31st, 2011, 2:55 pm

Hey Guys, bad news.
I've still got internet problems, my progress is still crappy, and I have almost thirty threads that need grading (not counting mod requests) waiting for me. I am going to be packed tight for a while.

Also, I don't know why I didn't think of this until now, but if you have threads to put in my office, don't just edit your earlier posts and add them in. I know I told some of you that woudl be alright, but I didn't think about how that would put your threads ahead of the people who posted after one request, but should be before the others. I try to handle everything on a first come, first serve basis. If you've done that, it's fine, no harm done, no worries, just from now on, post a new post and only merge your requests if they are all posted at the same time.

Another note, I have Jury Duty this week and next week. I might still be denied for being on the jury and the case may be short or long, I have no idea. I shouldn't be entirely absent for this, but less active for sure. Just know that for a day to two weeks I'll be even rarer of a sight.

Also, two weeks and I'm starting school again.

So, with all this upcoming inactivity, I'm going to need help. I want all of you to help me watch for threads that are not done corrected or accurately by Sunberth rules and standards. If you seem something wrong, just PM me the link and I'll handle it. Please and thanks for being my eyes on this.

Next up, I will be looking for an AS to help me. I Really wanted to get one for Syliras first because they're consistently flooded with new players, but I simply cannot handle this alone like I thought I could. I wanted to get all my lores written up and edited, locations revamped, and NPCs redone before I got help, but I don't think I have that option anymore. I've gotten busy and separated from the internet enough that it is directly effecting you guys (My Sunberth babies).
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on August 5th, 2011, 12:56 am

This is of HIGH importance!

I need everyone in Sunberth to look at their CS. If you chose the starter package with Horse, tent, and other traveler wildeness survival gear, you are safe. If you chose a 20x20 house, I need you to PM me immediately.

If you selected 500 gm at the sacrifice of a shelter, I need you especially to PM me immediately. Failure to do so WILL result in dire consequences, you have been warned!
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on August 26th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey people! If you haven't noticed, I have a badass AS helping me out now. He's already doing an amazing job with helping me get caught up and I expect he's going to be a favorite of everyone's in the near future, if he isn't yet.

I don't want anybody being mean to him, or else I'll personally see to your demise. ;)

Also, I would like to remind everyone about penalties in threads. If you do something that deserves severe punishment or retaliation, expect me and my Fearless Assistant to act on that. If you kill a Daggerhand without approval, or not in a modded thread, expect to have a few of them jump into a random thread of yours and teach you a lesson in violence. If you murder too many people, expect someone to attempt vengeance when you aren't prepared or ready for it.

Just because Sunberth is lawless doesn't mean there aren't repercussions. I'm going to be watching your threads closely for stuff like this, so watch your actions.

Make sure when you perform any action that your PC has the skills to back it up. If you have 10 in a bow, you aren't going to be sniping birds out of the air. If you have 5 in unarmed, don't expect to win your next fist fight. If you are a Kelvic or Dhani, your animal form combat is reliant on your Unarmed Skill, please keep this in mind.

Lastly, I'll be writing up a Calendar, much like Gossamer does with Wind Reach, for Sunberth. This is how you will know if and when anything noteworthy is occurring. Rat infestations, floodings, periods of drought, a ship of Svefra Sailors lands in Sunberth and how long they stay, etc. Make sure your threads follow these occurrences, such as there will not be rain during a posted drought. Questions? Ask me.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on August 30th, 2011, 3:57 am

Warning! Read Immediately!

Hello everyone. Guess what! It's almost time for seasonal changes! This means one very very very big thing. SEASONAL INCOME! Yay! Money!

This also means something else. PMing your local Leviathan to earn it! Boo!

I know, it's lame and unfair and sucks and totally inconvenient, but it has to be done. So, this is what I want everyone to do. PM me and link to me at least three of your job threads that are either finished, graded, or in progress. If you have less, that's fine, PM the links to me anyway and we'll talk about it.

I know I've been a rare sight on here lately, and I apologize. It doesn't look to clear up any time soon, but I'm trying, I really am.

So, recap. PM me and we will figure your income and your upkeep, and any more fun little seasonal wrap-ups we need. If you have questions about the upcoming season, this would be a good time to ask them too. Thanks!
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on September 3rd, 2011, 11:47 pm

Hello!

My amazing assistant has done a wonderful job in grading and writing up new thread locations. If you haven't thanked him yet, you are overdue and risking your life by waiting any longer.

Also, we now have a [url]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic13297.html]Calendar[/url] that Archelon and I have written up, along with thread goals. Yes, the structure is based off of Gossamer's Calendar and Goals list, and I got permission to do so. Please make sure you pay attention to this calendar. It won't change until Winter, so there's no excuse to conflict with it thread wise. Also, on the subject of the calendar. Archelon and I are planned a few quests, which tie into each other, so if you want to be in those, make sure you are in Sunberth. Again, look at the calendar and you'll probably be able to pick out which dates something exciting happens.

Lastly, the Linkmap has been revamped to show which syndicate, if any, owns and/or operates which location. This may change often, but it should for the most part be accurate.

Once again Lastly, I have fallen behind on my modded threads, I know this. I promise I haven't forgotten, I've just been preoccupied with school and have nothing thought up to write down. Please keep being patient with me. Thanks!

As usual, feel free to PM me any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, etc.

As always, have a nice day! It may be your last.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on November 29th, 2011, 1:31 am

Hello hello! This is Leviathan with a long overdue announcement!

First off, it's that time of the year again! If you want your Fall income, you need to send me the three threads (minimum) for your chosen profession you have made, and I will respond with how much you made - how much it costs to live. Also, if you do not have a house/hut/box-to-sleep-in you need to talk to me. Shelter is a NECESSITY in Sunberth, and I will not accept exceptions.

Secondly, if you have finished all twelve thread goals for Sunberth's achievements thingy-ma-jig, send me a link to each of the threads and please, for the love of God, tell me what you did in each thread. Just note that I am unsure as of yet if we have a medal for it or not, but I'm still talking to Gossamer about getting one. We will be posting up our new schedule in the following week for the Winter season.

Third, I'm still looking for another AS or two. I'm busy, and will become even busier starting early 2012, so I will need some serious assistance. Archelon is amazing, but a few more helping hands would surely lighten his load, and make me so much happier. If you are interested, you've been active a minimum of 60 days, and are confident you have the people skills, writing skills, and modding skills to grade and moderate threads, please PM me and we can talk it through.

Forth, I'm super sorry for failing on the Seasonal quest. I'm going to hand it over to Archelon, if he wants it, and it may be held late simply because it may be started a season late. I will, however, grade it to give good rewards (assuming participants earn/deserve them) and I'll praise you all for being troopers.

Fifth, I feel Sunberth is losing it's sense of being Lethal, so starting in the Winter Season, we are going to step it up a notch. There are going to be greater repercussions for random violence, enormous repercussions for actions involving the Syndicates, and so on. Some of you will find bounties on your head, I apologize if you don't like this, but I feel some of you have earned them.

Lastly, I hope Sunberth is still as exciting as it was when you first stepped into the city, because I'm doing my best to keep it so. If you have questions, comments, concerns, feel free to PM me. And, most of all, if you want to see something added, please suggest it. I'm going to make a new OOC thread for the sole purpose of suggestions for Sunberth.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook