[Ravok] The City of Chaos

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies all things city pride related. Feel free to post pictures, ideas, gush, cry, complain, plot, or just advertise why your city is so great.

Postby Verilian on October 12th, 2011, 1:04 am

Ravok, home of The Black Sun, the Ebonstryfe, and the god of chaos and evil, Rhysol himself. Ravok is a city filled with mystery and danger around every corner, but it is also a city of beauty and wonder. The city was built by the Voice and her followers as a safe haven for those wishing to escape the chaos and danger of the outside world. While Ravok has it's own dangers, it's citizens are relatively safe on the floating platforms of the lake city. The climate is mild, the temperature is cool, and if you like water there is more than enough around. If you're looking for crime, you can find it in Ravok. If you want adventure, there are many to be had in and around the city. Mystery? We got it. Religion? Come to Ravok, for it is a city ruled by the church. Evil? Oh, we definitely got that.

So if you're a fan of Ravok, come on in. I'd love to hear from you!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Verilian on October 12th, 2011, 1:05 am

This is going to be the first of many of what will probably be monthly, maybe bi-monthly, ramblings about the wonderful characters that inhabit our city of chaos.  As well as posting these here I will also be posting them in the character's respective racial price forum.  So it probably comes as no surprise that the first character I'm going to ramble about is... Aello!

AelloImage

Race: Human
Shoe Size: No Idea

Where to find: Alleyways, Wilderness, The nearest bar fight

Random Quote: "You, my lucky man, will have a slightly different, more painful punishment."

So Aello and I have been through a lot together.  If I remember correctly I did my very first modded thread with her.  I remember her request fairly well, she wanted to do a thread where she encountered a malevolent spirit.  That was a fun thread to mod.  Aello ended up getting possessed, murdering someone, and discovered that her dagger is more than what it seemed to be.  Since then Aello has become a formidable character in Ravok with a lot of threads under her belt.  She's got a magic ghost magnet dagger that always returns to her side no matter how much she wants to get rid of it, she's slowly losing her mind, she's about to get marked by Dira, and who knows what else is going to happen with her?

I kinda pushed Aello into a lot of sticky situations, but I don't think her player minded at all.  I'm sure Aello herself would have preferred I left her alone, but where would she be today if we hadn't forced her into all the crazy things that happened to her.  She has even gotten away with murder and escaped from jail.  She's got at least one PC kill, and has gotten herself tangled up in more than one Ravok plot at one point or another.  Aello is a character to be feared, but that doesn't mean she's unapproachable.  She was caring enough to nurse an injured sparrow back to health, she befriended one of the sweetest kelvics I know, Alenias, and another kelvic, Nex.  So she's not always the scary crazy person people think she is.  Just don't piss her off and you'll be fine.. Unless you are a hypnotist or something.

In a nutshell, Aello is a really cool character with a lot of crazy quirks.  I've enjoyed playing with her over the past year and I highly recommend threading with her if you are looking for an interesting thread.  Aello's contribution to the chaos that is Ravok has not been missed, and as the spotlight moves in to the next character remember this: We will all meet Dira one day.  Those who piss Aello off meet her sooner than later.
Last edited by Verilian on November 29th, 2011, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Growl on October 12th, 2011, 1:26 am

I just burst out laughing. Verilian, this is great! Thank you!

Also... just my take on Ravok...

*Clears throat* It rocks until you realize you can't touch the 'stryfe unless you want to die. Even if they're being completely evil, you just can't do it... unless you want to be thrown in jail, and forced to try escaping. (Wouldn't advise it).

Makes for a great deal of insanity though... which is a good thing.

Yes, insanity is very, very good.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Office

Postby Verilian on November 30th, 2011, 1:46 am

It's time for installment two of my "Spotlight" series, and I almost missed it this month but I just remembered. This is a post where I shine the spotlight on a particular character in Ravok and talk about how much I love them. I will also post this spotlight in the character's respective Racial Pride thread, so that everyone can see how cool a fellow member of their race is.

ReaverImage

Race: Nuit
Color of Choice: Blue

Where to find: His house, the bottom of the lake, anywhere there are skills to be traded.

Random Quote: "So, what made you think running on a broken leg would do you any good?"

Reaver is an interesting character that pops up all over Ravok and has been tied in to various plots both directly and indirectly since his arrival in the city. His character has a mysterious past which he cannot remember, and is well known by the Black Sun and other servants of Rhysol though Reaver himself rarely has any recollection of them. Reaver loves to learn and teach, and I doubt there is a person in Ravok who hasn't traded skills with the blue-clad Nuit. And if you haven't yet, you probably will.

I remember when Reaver first popped up in Ravok. His writing style was odd, to say the least, but his words were not lacking in quality. I pmed him with some advice and he surprised me by actually listening, and soon enough Reaver became a well known presence in Ravok. With his strange armor and mask, his quirky attitude, and his passion for learning, Reaver has certainly earned his place in the spotlight.

As a character Reaver has always intrigued me, especially his "research" which seems to evolve over time. From what I understand it is, at its core, learning the truth of what is good and evil, yet he has taken it in many different directions. I assume this is because as Reaver evolves, so too does his player who grows with him. It's always great to see a player, and a character, evolve, and I can't wait to see what Reaver does next.

The spotlight is on you, Reaver. Go on and shine!
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook