[Flashback] Blood Born (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Zlakalia on August 2nd, 2011, 5:06 am

(70th of Spring 506AV)
Zlakalia was by herself for the first time. Mother wasn't near, she was wandering the streets. I think I know where the pyve is... Getting there wasn't too important right now anyway. 'Mother even gave me a whole miza!' she thought happily. Zlakalia moved along merrily, enjoying the sights of the bigger people traveling all about.

Mother was the oldest pycon among her pyve, her skin cracked and not stretchy at all. Zlakalia wanted to get her something to cheer her up, maybe help her feel less tired than she kept saying she'd been feeling. Everyone was really somber around Mother, Zlakalia felt she had to be quiet as well. Not that she minded quiet, it served its purpose, but she liked being able to get away from her home for the first time.

The sky was dark. She couldn't tell if it was getting later or if clouds blocked the sun while she was busy browsing the wares of various shops. Zlakalia looked around at the shops, still not finding the article she was seeking. She didn't know what she hoped to find, but she would know it when she saw it. Zlakalia walked through a few more alleys, trying to find a shortcut to a different part of the market, but when she exited a new alley she was just on a deserted backstreet she hadn't seen before and didn't know the way back.

In the alley with her were two large men, one taller whose back was against the wall and the other with red hair pushing him into the said wall. They were yelling at each other in common, angry words of betrayal and rage. Zlakalia backed up against the wall, but neither man turned to see her. Like so many they ignored the pycons approach, though she was still growing and hoped she wouldn't get much bigger. I'm already bigger than Mother! She almost forgot about the scene in front of her before their escalated screaming brought it back into focus.

Zlakalia watched as the taller man hit the other in the gut, a strong but quick punch, before Zlakalia even registered the man's fist rise up. The second man's grip fell from the first's shirt, loosening the tight hold against the wall. The red color was the most peculiar, a gleam staining his clothing around the punch. It wasn't until Zlakalia saw the moist blade pulled out of the gut did she realize its existence, but the dripping color caught and widened her eye far quicker than the blade itself.

What glorious red! The color was silky smooth, a vibrant red hue unlike any she'd ever seen. That's what Mother needed! Some color! Zlakalia was gleaming as the first man slumped to the ground. All she'd need was to collect the red and then she could go home! She pulled the coin from its straps on her stomach, intent on staining its smooth gold surface with some of the beautiful liquid before her. "Yay!" she exclaimed aloud, running up to the fallen red-haired man.

His breath was shallow and his hands clutched the wound. Zlakalia didn't understand the spectacle, wanted to hit at his hands until he opened them. In fact she did so, tiny fists punching at his fingers, trying to make him uncoil his wound. His eyes were a dull brown color as they peered down at her, his face a pale white but the expression both puzzled and dire. Finally she stopped at the drunken voice behind her, which exclaimed loudly, "Leave him be, dollface. Or do I have to stomp you away?" Zlakalia peered back to see the sole of a boot raised above her.
Last edited by Zlakalia on August 3rd, 2011, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Words: 69462
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ceto Lowtide on August 3rd, 2011, 3:58 pm

Ceto hated Sunberth, well hate was too strong a word, she didn’t hate it…she just wanted it to sink beneath the waters and she’d then she’d dance on its proverbial grave. Still it was good business. They may not like the young Svefra but everyone wanted maps of secrets ways to get into the city, not that hers were always true but they paid hefty sums for it. Shrugging of her irritation that was beginning to bubble she actually took in the city for what it was worth.

Most of the buildings weren’t in the best shape, or housing the best people but they stood above the odds of their cutthroat city. It was the only thing that seemed to last. The people died quick and any names they made for themselves hardly mattered when a new name popped up to take its place. Still it thrived in its strange enterprise and lawlessness. It was a last ditch effort for those who had nowhere left to go.

Idly kicking a stone she looked around for potential customers, stoically ignoring the hard shoves and angry looks sent her way. She needed a bit of
Mizas, she couldn’t afford any problems today. Pulling the leather strap around her wrist she tied her dreadlocks back out of her face and felt her hips for her weapons. She knew little hand-to-hand and having her weapons there brought her comfort in a city like Sunberth.

She had practically scouted the city for potential buyers but she was
beginning to think today was just not her day. She had sailed quite a few miles to reach the anarchists haven too. She giggled slightly; she seemed to have the worst timing with things like that. Shaking her head she turned to talk her long walk back to her ship when she heard the scream caught her attention. Spinning sharply she raced towards the sound, she was no justice seeker but she couldn’t just leave either.
‘So much for no trouble. Laviku wish me luck!’

She nearly ran past the dim alley way but a voice made her stumble to a stop, "Leave him be, dollface. Or do I have to stomp you away?” She’d never seen a Pycon but she was pretty sure a boot to the body would be killer or at least that’s what she’d heard.

Sliding her weapons out Ceto crouched low and threw her body forward, her right hand swinging towards the man’s face, successfully hitting him with both her fist and the hilt of her weapon. His body stumbled back and he glared before pulling out his own dagger. Ceto smirked; using the wall behind her as leverage she launched herself into the air and flipped over the man with practiced ease. Her Tonfa blades in perfect position when she landed, one at his groin and one curved around his neck, “I don’t kill but for you…” she glanced at the bleeding man, “I can make an exception.”

She felt the man shift and swiftly wrapped her leg around his and shoved
him forwards tripping him face first in the pavement. Her foot stomped on his hand and kicked the dagger away before she gracefully seated herself on his back, it was obvious the man was drunk and she didn’t want to hurt him but if he kept struggling…well, it was him or her. That was the Sunberth law it seemed.

Turning her gaze away from the man she stared at the Pycon curiously,
“Made of clay aren’t you? He didn’t hur—er, squish you anywhere did he?” The man squirmed once more his voice muffled and without glancing at him she slammed the hilt of one of her Tonfa into the back of his head.
Ceto Lowtide
Player

Words: 6108
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 3:50 am
Race: Human

Postby Zlakalia on August 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm

Zlakalia stared at the girl with the strange metal club as she flipped and moved around the alley, moving quickly and gracefully. The human took down the larger man easily and without any wounds, taking advantage of his drunken stupor to make short work of the target. Zlakalia was stunned, and sat back onto the first man, looking down at herself. "I'm not squished." Her form was similar to the girl at this point, womanly and proportioned like a regular human and less exaggerated than later on in life. Zlakalia glanced at the girl's hair, collected together in tons of tendrils like her own. She looks like me!

Unknown to Zlakalia a group was leaving a small home a bit more than a block away. Five men, all as drunk as the two in alley, were coming to look for the larger, find out if their friend had finished his business. They were rowdy and loud and many carried weapons, though they were too far off at the moment for their laughter and slurred speech to reach their location.

Zlakalia almost fell from her perch on top of the red-haired man as he coughed violently and groaned. His hands were shaky and not putting nearly enough pressure on the wound in his stomach, and Zlakalia's face gleamed as she approached the open wound again, pulling the coin back up. Zlakalia pulled up the fabric around the wound and gleamed at the deep cut. Blood gushed out in torrents, the liquid thick and beautiful. She grinned and pressed the coin firm against the wound, pushing her body against it. Zlakalia wanted the coin to absorb the liquid or something, become the color in a way that she could not.

As she focused on her task Zlakalia started to speak, her voice still higher pitched. "Thanks, Bigger Me. What do people call you?" She paused from the pressure, another burst of blood pulsing out from under the coin, and turned to face the girl. "I'm known as Zlakalia!" Her eyes and face clearly showed happiness even as blood splatter dotted her face. As she spoke the men were just about the turn and enter the alley.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zlakalia on September 21st, 2011, 5:27 am

The sound of new footsteps broke Zlakalia's concentration. She paused from the grim work of pushing the coin into the wound, and looked up. 'Don't wander from the main streets!' Father had told her that quite clearly, told her to be cautious. Warned her of trampling's and squishing's. And now that the darkening streets were becoming more rife with the clumsy mammoth legs of big people, Zlakalia began to doubt her wisdom from wandering out to this side street.

Zlakalia looked down at the coin at this point, pulling it away from the wound ad holding it above her. The red color dripped onto her fingers, running down her clay hand. It was so pretty. She would have stopped to admire the way the bead rolled down her hand, but the color of shiny and deep yellow was suddenly seen from the top of the coin. Zlakalia's eyes widened as the blood began its slow drain from the coin, leaving the shining metal behind. Mother had to see this quick!

Before any marauding gang could discover the group, the bleeding man, the mysterious girl or the little pycon, Zlakalia made up her mind to head home already. She could at least retrace her steps, right? To the bigger girl who had rescued her from the boot, Zlakalia said, "Thank you for your assistance." With a deep flourish, she rushed into the dark alleyways again, intent on finding her home before no red color remained on the coin held tight in her hand.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on December 6th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Thread Award!
Zlakalia

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 --
Anthropology 1 --

Lore
Sunberth Violence

Additional CommentsCeto, if you are still active, let me know and I'll give you rewards too.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook