You Were Looking For Me? (Reaver)

Reaver's hunt is over, he has finally found Aello... maybe that's not a good thing...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on November 10th, 2011, 3:51 am

"So you mean to tell me you dig up graves, and use the bodies of the deceased to suit your needs?" Aello asked. "My, my, that really does clear a few things up. Make me feel far better about your kind," Aello commented, her tone rather sarcastic. She was tapping her foot lightly against the ground, as she fell silent again. Listening to what the nuit had to say, but not liking it any more than what he had to say before.

"It's a bit late for that Reaver... Dira will hate you for extending your life unnaturally, no matter if your intentions seem pure. No matter if you try to redeem yourself, for past actions during the course of your more natural life," Aello commented, her voice cool. "She hates your kind, and everything about your patron deity, lord of the undead... forget his name," she added, somewhat absently. "Hates how you extend your lives, and keep yourself from returning to the cycle. She sees you as a sort of abomination, from what I've come to understand," Aello finished, before pausing, for a long time.

"So consider yourself lucky Reaver, that I haven't already handed you over to her," Aello whispered, even though no one other than Reaver was around to hear the threat. "Now... before you get to thinking me a merciful being, why don't you tell me why Liam sent you after me. Surely he knew I'd be unlikely to teach." She paused, "once you've tackled that, feel free to ask whatever it is that's on your mind. Although, I'd advise you not to expect an answer from me, should I wish not to supply it."

OOCOh dear... here we go.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reaver on November 10th, 2011, 9:00 am

A religous zealot, perfect. A good thing, and a bad thing. If he knew more of Dira, he could do far better. All the same, it was time to start. "So, let me see if I can gather this more accurately, shall we? It was my choices in life that made Dira hate me? Choosing to follow those who have moved on, and aiding those ghost that have removed themselves from the cycle? Oh, wait, I was the reason he returned. Perhaps it was learning from their mistakes and experience? Maybe even going so far as to allowing others not to follow them into their failures? Isn't that a part of human nature? I think, you misspoke. It was my choice in death that Dira would despise, from how you carry on. A choice, that was not mine."

"Another point of nature, is wanting to continue to exist, is it not? You could say I'm simply a result of it. What of the ghost, Liam? It almost seams as though you would want him to stay out of the cycle, from how you carried on. He was hardly driven by a compassion for others. His very goal as a ghost was to end lives, is that all Dira desires? She doesn't sound any better then that thing you associated my loyalty to. I can't understand you, what makes a ghost any better then I? If everyone followed the rules layed down before them, would the gods themselves not decide our actions? Would we not all be as if we were following the god of the undead? I don't hold any value in an existence without choice, and I made mine. If you are choosing to follow this Dira, why not make yourself loyal to her teachings? Then again, if everyone was loyal to the gods, you would be far from here, or a member of Rhysol's following. Is it so bad, that touch of chaos? The answer isn't for me, don't tell. Perhaps Rhysol has already affected you, this is his domain."

Well, why don't we start easy? Tell me of your Dira, that you hold so dear, and I'll consider answering your questions. You owe me a few, I think."
He found himself surprised he managed to speak this long, surely she would have shot by now. All the same, maybe some part of his words got through. Either way, she wouldn't admit to anything, he knew that. He was ready, for both his escape and continued attack. A straight answer might be the only thing he wouldn't be ready for.

OOCI should write monologs for REAL villeins. The first time I wrote that it was FAR too effective, relying on information he didn't have about Dira there. :P OOC 2I might add, he started with the easier to defend among his arguments, he's not even done yet. XD
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on November 11th, 2011, 12:51 am

"No you fool. Weren't you paying any attention?" Aello growled. "Dira HATES you because you are a nuit. One of the undead. You cannot be shepherded into her realm until you are killed, for real, and thus she hates you... suppose it has to do with how you unbalance the natural flow of things." The girl paused for a moment, "she accepts ghosts because it takes a time to shepherd them all, because they are dead, and can technically, return to the cycle. The issue however, lies in their inability to let go. To move past whatever ties them to this place- a need for revenge, to have a message of some sort passed onto their loved ones, perhaps."

Aello paused. "The difference then, between your kind and Liam's, is simply then, that you utilize an empty shell in order to keep living, in a strange sense of the word, while Liam is actually dead. But simply stuck. You choose to be stuck. You choose to stay, and no matter your own motive's or his, you ARE different. Whether or not you want to admit it, you chose this state of being. He did not... for everyone dies eventually. They become a ghost... at least for a little while it seems, until they move on. Until they return to the cycle. Mind you, some ghosts stay, they have their reasons. Some good and pure, others not so much. YOUR kind on the other hand, sticks around for purely selfish reasons... as much as you would like to pretend Reaver, as much as you would like to think that you stick around to try and redeem yourself and do good, you stick around solely because you fear death. You want to cheat it." The girl paused and leaned in a little, "and if Dira didn't hate your kind, I'd be almost sorry to inform you that you can't keep outrunning her. Eventually, death, and Dira, will get a hold of you."

With that, Aello leaned back. She fell silent again for a long time. "They control us, the gods... always have. It's simply, that sometimes, they choose to gift and watch over us... let us pick which set of them we serve. Sometimes, they're not so kind, for they need us for something." Aello shrugged. "That is simply how it is, and always will be." She paused again, considering how best to answer Reaver, without telling him to much. "And as for Dira... there isn't much about her that your kind need know. Simply, that she wants you dead, and will punish you should you ever set foot in her city... that she is the lady of death, and often travels with two jackals, Before and After. One is white, the other black..."

The girl's voice trailed off, she was waiting for Reaver's other questions.

OOCSorry... I don't think I did the best job with my responses.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reaver on November 11th, 2011, 2:34 am

The sarcasm in his voice was suddenly evident, as if planted there. "Oh, yes, so informative." His voice got darker soon after, it wasn't often he found a zealot who refused to give him information. "You offer me nothing but excuses and death, while not offering me any incentive to follow through your very commands. Dira controls death, takes your will, and hates me for what I have become? Fear, as you say, and yet all you have done is spread that very thing that you claim keeps me from her. As you will not make answers, I will make my own. She is tied to the cycle, and does she then have control of it? She controls this cycle you mentioned, and hates me upon my eventual return to it? What good could come of traveling to something that hold no love or compassion twords me? What good would it do to return, if only to have everything turned against me? Fear is a bad choice of tool, for you. Why simply drive me from Dira all the further? Do you really wish us to stay so far away? Do you want Dira all to yourself then? I'm rather surprised she hasn't marked you for your work, negatively. Making Liam linger in this world all the longer, and any other number of ghosts. Threatening me and my kind, spreading the very fear that you claim holds us from Dira. I don't see your god, I see you. All I see now, is someone who cannot possibly understand what it is to fear death. Check yourself, girl, before I do. You'll gain nothing but enemies like that." He shook his head, but kept his eyes locked on her.

"Speaking of enemies, I think I will impart something to you, knowledge you so desperately need. Uldr, is the name of your enemy Dira. Uldr is the god who tries and selfishly hold onto all that is dead. He finds death better then life, and who can blame him if all your life holds is fear and hate. They are nothing more then two sides of the same coin, from your very words. The only difference I see is Dira lets go, but she gets mighty angry when they don't come back, doesn't she? Like a dog playing fetch, at least Uldr doesn't pretend to give us choice. I see something different from life then you, I saw it back when Sylir held the world, and I intend to show it to whom I can. Maybe, one day, your children may see it, too. That, or you can try and prove me wrong."

"You think your fate from the gods holds everything? Then ask yourself, why did fate give me the upper hand here? If all you intend to give me is threats and injury, maybe I'll call the guard and simply state your intentions here. You intend to kill me for Dira, hardly something that would work well in your favor. Your Dira can believe what she wants, as can you, but do you really want to make an enemy of the most powerful god around? I think, you owe me some proper answers now, or those in power here will get them for me. As powerful as Dira is, she holds no power on the living here."
He hadn't planned on using that card, but she was far from accepting. Treating all undead as monsters simply for being undead, the very plague he wished to cure from this world. If Reaver was to be a monster, he would do so with his own power, not because someone refused to understand his differences.

OOCI love the thread, by the way. I think this is the first time Reaver has openly planned to use the guard against someone. Worse yet, he just made a friend in the governing body... making that treat of his far more credible.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on November 11th, 2011, 4:29 am

"Uldr," Aello whispered, tasting the filth of his name on her tongue. "Just his name sounds ugly and despicable," she whispered. Makes it all the easier to despise him, alongside the goddess, she thought, as she listened to Reaver in silence, until he came to the point where he mentioned his having the upper hand.

"You have an advantage? Really?" Aello asked, as she raised a single brow. "When your body can so easily be split in two, your insides bled for all to see... there are already a few cracks I could stretch a little farther," she taunted. "A few more slices and you'll be in need of a fresh body. Mind you, you won't get to one, before I send you into Dira's arms." Aello paused, "and although you may kick and scream all you want, no guard will come to save you. The people here value human life above all else. They pray to a god who promotes chaos. Don't you think that by killing you, I would merely be upholding that idea?" Aello smirked. "Trust me nuit, no one will lay a finger on me for slaying you where you stand. Unless you work for one of the local... groups, which seems rather unlikely."

Aello took a step closer to the nuit, and shook her head lightly. "Sorry I don't make the rules Reaver... I merely uphold the ideals of my goddess. Serve her, kill those she hates. Trust me love, it'll be best I end your miserable existence now. It may make her go all the more easily on you." Aello paused. "But then again, it may not. Either way, you shouldn't be here. You don't belong here. Not among us... and although it may be because much like ghosts, you're simply misunderstood..." Aello shook her head. "Because of what you do... how you manage to stay here..." Aello sighed. "You just don't belong Reaver, your kind are unnatural, and generally unappreciated, and I'm sure if those still living could, we'd wipe your kind from the face of the planet in its entirety."

Aello took a step closer. "Forever."

OOCSorry... I am supposed to kill nuits on sight... erm... even if she doesn't really get why, she knows she is supposed to... ehhhh... I won't kill you though, unless you want to be a ghost? Which I doubt...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reaver on November 11th, 2011, 5:56 am

She spoke, and as she did he prepared his Res. It wasn't hard to make a distraction, not at all. Would she even notice the Res forming behind him, he thought not. One she seamed done, he thought one comment would do. "You don't belong." He threw his Res upward, igniting the flame between them and sending it into the air. A bit of chaos like that would draw all the guard around, and as quick as he was to launch that he simply dropped his footing, falling into the waters below him. Could she catch him? Unlikely. Even if she had, all he needed to do was use more Res. He could force it up her nose, to her eyes and ears. It was painful, that he knew. Would she even try and follow him, as he sank using his armor? He thought not.

As he sank, he already knew... It would be annoying getting back, but he also knew why Liam was reluctant to tell him her name. He figured it was time to get ahold of a friend or two from the government. Solomus was a must, he wanted information on such people anyway. Perhaps Trevinus would find her interesting, he was the leading official on Reaver anyhow. A lady who could 'detect' undead to that degree, perhaps she held a secret Rhysol would be interested in after all. Maybe, just maybe, he'd get to learn of that secret as a reward. One could always hold hope for the future.

OOCReaver is old for a reason, he could probably come up with any number of odd distractions. Fire seamed nice, and on a wooden city quite a bit of trouble. It was tempting to go with "You should run now" instead.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on November 12th, 2011, 12:53 am

Aello tensed and was just about to pull an arrow from her quiver to launch at the nuit when he tossed a fireball at her rather casually. The girl staggered back, startled by the surprise, the heat of the glowing orange flame against her flesh. The way it sent tiny tendrils of grey smoke into the air. Singed a few eyebrows, although other than that bit, left her unscathed.

Aello watched as the fireball went out on its own, as the sound of something crashing into the lake reached her ears. The gentle plop of water against water. Bloody nuit must have jumped in, Aello thought, as she watched the surface of the dark waters ripple for several moments, before looking back out towards the ring of stalls, sellers. A few people seemed to have noticed what had occurred, while others paid no mind, thinking fire a natural occurrence in this parts of the city.

Even so, the fact that any pair of eyes had settled on her made Aello nervous, causing her to retreat a few steps further into the darkness. Into the shadows. Some of the eyes seemed to follow still, causing her to tighten her grip upon the bow, all the more tightly. Perhaps it'd be best if we went now, considering we'd die trying to follow the nuit onto the bottom of the lake... and those stares are rather unnerving.

Aello gulped, taking one last look at the calming waters, before running off through the city streets, into a quiet corner, where she could be alone.

OOCI guess this just about wraps things up now doesn't it?

Also, being a novice, you couldn't send the fire far, so I assumed it would go out on its own.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on December 12th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Aello

• +1 Auristics
  • +2 Intimidation

Lores: Aura: The Undead, Meeting a Nuit, Lore of Nuit (Basic)

Reaver

• +1 Manipulation
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Reimancy

Lores: Playing at Emotions, Meeting a Spiritist, Lore if Dira (Basic)

You Question My Logic? :
+1 Auristics to Aello for sensing Reaver is unread
+1 Manipulation to Reaver for falsifying emotions to lead Aello to certain conclusions
+1 Intimidation to Aello for subtlety threatening Reaver with the comment about the bow
+1 Observation to Reaver for spotting clues I Aello's demeanor and making deductions
+1 Intimidation to Aello for.. being intimidating
+1 Reimancy for doing some Reimancy

Notes: An interesting read. Count yourself lucky she didn't destroy you. I think Reaver needs to build up his combat skills. One of these days there might not be a lake to fall in. Good job guys!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous