[Jonas's Lab] Craft me something

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Jonas's Lab] Craft me something (open)

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 6th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Lets see here he needs some experience and i need an errand boy, after my run in with the local guard. I will have to see what kinda rooms are around in this place maybe knock down the north wall. thoughts rolled around Calvin's head as he thought of this. "OK, lets make a deal i will protect and house you as long as you take care of some of my errands." Calvin proposed. "You see i ran in to a bit of trouble with the local guard really just a misunderstanding but I'm sure they will start to investigate me and my past isn't exactly clean, So if you can help get me supplies I would be happy to provide you with what ever you need" Along, with not reporting you to the ghost hunters Calvin's smile was devilish as he went to his desk and took a piece of paper and began to write down a grocery list. "If you can pick up these things, I will give you the money, then you can stay here and investigate for as long as you want."Image
Last edited by Calvin Freeman on December 12th, 2011, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Durzo Basmajian on December 6th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Durzo considered this idea for a moment. It seemed fair, Durzo would have a place to stay, although the fact that the man offered protection seemed... Insulting.

"You think you will protect me? Or that I need your protection? Listen, Calvin. I've killed more men in my existence than you have met. I am a master at the art of death. I am in no need of protection." Durzo stated.

"Although.." Durzo continued, "If you could teach me something about ghost hunters or how to avert those pesky bastards, I would appreciate it."

Durzo stood and pondered everything for a while, wondering if he could trust Calvin, and if Calvin tried to turn on him, what Durzo would do.. Finally, Durzo came to a conclusion. He decided he would trust the man, in only the slightest, and keep an eye on Calvin for any.. Suspicious activity.

"I accept your offer." Durzo said. "But don't you dare try to turn on me," he added, "as it'll be the last mistake you ever make. I have been betrayed many times before. And I do NOT respond very well to it."
Durzo Basmajian
Avenger

Words: 6484
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2011, 7:21 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 6th, 2011, 7:29 pm

"Durzo, Durzo, Durzo" Calvin nagged, This Lhavit a City filled with magic and if my history and memory serves and simple magic ghost hunter could remove much of your soul mist, so yes i think you do need some help, So go to the market and pick up these things" Calvin handed Durzo the Sheet of paper it read:

One Knife
One Jar
A box of Chalk
A new Lamp
Paper
Catch me if you can
One Leather bound Journal
A city map
Calvin then went to his end table and counted out 12 kinas and 7 sm "This should cover it now go"

After Durzo had left. Calvin ran to his drawer library and looked and unlocked all of the books until he found one titled How to bind soulsImage
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Durzo Basmajian on December 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Durzo took the man's money and left with style. Ghost style. For show, he jumped three feet into the air and blinked around the room before finally vanishing.

While Durzo was outside the shop, he saw it had gotten darker, it was now about an hour after sunset. This of course was not a hindrance to Durzo, and most of the shops would probably still be open. Durzo made his way out of the allies in which the shop was in, memorizing the way so he could return to the correct place next time.

Through the building with the couple, the teenager, and out the beige stone wall with four gray, misplaced stones. Durzo thought to himself.

When he reached the shops, he boringly materialized and picked up the items, paying the right amount of money to people without letting himself get ripped off by any snake shopkeepers. Sometimes when Durzo would materialize, people would become nervous, some even screamed. One woman ran for her life, chanting prayers.

Durzo hated going out in public.

Finally, after about two and a half hours, Durzo returned to the shop with Calvin's items. He entered the shop while looking over the city map, just as something to do during his long boring walk.

"Calvin. I'm back with your groceries." Durzo said.
Durzo Basmajian
Avenger

Character sheet

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 7th, 2011, 1:26 am

Oh great durzo thanks now in order for you to safley travle frome place to place in this dangoures magic city I am going to bind your soul to this blank book. It's not really a soul binding its more of a contract between employs. It will ensure safety." Calvin explained. He went to Durzo and took the bags emptying the contents. He then flipped through the book untill he found the picture of the binding circle. He took a piece of chalk from the bag and began to draw it on the cover of the blank book. "This book will act as the platform of the contract," Calvin continued, "So if the book is destroyed then the contract is finished now I am going to need some of your soul mist." Calvin took out the knife and the jar handing them to Durzo "here"Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Durzo Basmajian on December 7th, 2011, 2:27 am

"What the HELL do you think you're doing!?" Durzo asked, aghast at what Calvin had just suggested. "You want to bind my soul to an empty damn book!?"

Durzo thought to himself, with his mind going insane over what had just been presented to him. This man wants to bind my soul to this book.. Durzo thought, Would he have some sort of power over me if I allowed this? Could this help me in the future? He did say if the book was destroyed then the contract was off..

This was, of course, a big decision for Durzo. He could let it happen.. He could just kill the man here.. Or he could simply refuse.

"Do you have any idea whatsoever how much pain losing soulmist inflicts? A LOT. Say I lose a square insch of my soulmist. Imagine having your arms packed with gunpowder at the shoulders and having them electrocuted until the gunpowder blew your arms off." Durzo said. He was right, it was extremely painful to lose soulmist, and it took a long time to regenerate.

Calvin persisted, and Durzo said, "Further explain this soul-binding process. Will you have any power over me? Will I be weakened? How much soulmist do you need? Could you destroy me? What limitations would be put onto me?"

These were reasonable questions to Durzo.
Durzo Basmajian
Avenger

Character sheet

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 7th, 2011, 6:14 pm

"Well," Calvin began, while opening the book of binding souls, "It says here that on human's there are mild side effects, but i will have no power over you and besides the possible side effect there is no down side"

Calvin began to rapidly look through the book he flipped through all the pages until he reached the back cover then he looked up to the ceiling and look as if he was searching his mind for something. He was indeed searching his mind.

"Well the book doesn't say anything about soul binding with ghost's and i can't recall any instance in my life time when a ghost was bonded, but based on a theory i developed there should be no side effects... unless I die"

Calvin put the book and picked up some paper and pen writing down as he spoke

"I figure since ghosts are made of soul mist and they have no body then the regular soul binding won't have side effects. When you bond a human's soul they begin to suffer a drastic change of attitude and emotion, but this has to do with separating the body from the soul and also to the part that a part of your soul is missing, so since you have no body and you regenerate soul mist then you shouldn't suffer from this. At most you will have the side effects during your recovery period."

Calvin paused his writing he thought about what to say next a look of dread crossed his face based on the repercussions if he is right.

"Now, the if i die part. As a soul you can't effect the book or change the contract only mortals can,... so if i die you may be come a monster called a 'chained one' doomed to room the earth without a mind until the book is destroyed."

Calvin paused again and thought long and hard about all this but then a smile crossed his face again.

"but I'm sure that won't happenImage
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Durzo Basmajian on December 7th, 2011, 6:49 pm

"Alright, Calvin.." Durzo said. "Give me a moment to think."

Durzo paused. He thought about all the possible outcomes. If this Calvin man dies, I could just force a mortal to destroy the book and set me free. And if I ever.. Died? This man says he could being my ghost back into existence. That could come in very handy... Durzo thought, furrowing his brow.

Durzo looked up, looking Calvin straight in the eyes. "I'll do it." He said. Durzo lifted the knife and looked at it. It was a common household knife, constructed of iron and a leather handle, and reasonably sharp. It would do.

Durzo placed his hand on the table, lifting the knife above it.

"Under one condition," Durzo said, "You must swear to release me before you die, even if it's the last thing you ever do." Calvin nodded, and Durzo continued his duty..

With his hand outstretched, flat, palm down on the table, Durzo placed the knife just below the last knuckle on his pinky finger. This is going to hurt like a bitch, Durzo thought. He shut his eyes and pressed the knife down with all his might, easily severing a third of his pinky finger, made from pure soulmist.

Pain shot through Durzo like a lightning storm inside his own body. The pain was so intense that his whole body wanted to shred to pieces. Durzo let out a scream that shook the furniture in Calvin's shop. He collapsed to one knee, and to try and distract his mind from the pain, Durzo projected his soulmist, flinging random objects across the room in a whirlwind of agony.

After about a minute and a half, the pain was bearable. Durzo could stand again, and after three minutes he fully regained his composure. Durzo's soulmist sat there, on the table, and Durzo could feel his pinky just starting to regenerate itself.
Durzo Basmajian
Avenger

Character sheet

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 7th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Calvin began to grin with excitement Yes, a real ghost bound to a book in my shop He quickly got up and walked past the screaming soul on his floor he took the jar and quickly captured some of Durzo's soul mist he then took the blank book and placed his soul binding alchemy sign with the cover up. The soul mist poured across the cover of the book it resembled a a creamy white liquid I only need a little.

Durzo was screaming behind Calvin as he worked, but Calvin was so unfazed he finally got to test his theory he pressed his hand to the books cover and concentrated. The room went silent, time paused. What's happening? Why is there no screaming? The doorway under Calvin's touch began to light up blue glow. Calvin could feel the energy of something passing through him enhancing his skills of alchemy. then... darkness

Darkness. Calvin couldn't see what happened next he was transported to a place of a white plane. All he could see was white for miles and miles off into the distance.

Then a blue light flashed over Calvin's eyes his hand back on the cover of the book. What the hell just happened?! Calvin was about to pull his hand away from the book when the transmutation turned a blood red. Then Calvin was pushed off and he fell back on to Durzo who was still screaming in pain with his eyes shut.

"I think it's done"Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Character sheet
Journal

[Jonas's Lab] Craft me something

Postby Aspen on December 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Okay, here's the deal.
This thread is still not going to be graded.
There is simply no soul binding of any description in Mizahar.
Also Durzo, I haven't heard back from you, and I still need an explanation as to how you crossed the entire continent in a week.
I suggest you two read up on both the alchemy and the ghosts lore, sort this thread out, and then let me know.
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook