Citywide Plot: Past Lives.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Legion on December 5th, 2011, 3:02 am

Award

Lucy: Lore of Past Life.

Talen: Lore of Past Life.

Exceptional.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Vanos Strongarm on December 13th, 2011, 9:58 pm

His orders were clear. His mission was cut in stone. Yet there was hesitation as he thought of what he left behind.

The armour hugging his body, the leather straps holding the plates of metal in place, and the sheath of his sword at his side were a heavy reminder of his duty to his captain and to his people. The armour felt heavy, yet it was the same armour that he had trained with day in and day out, armour that saw the blood and gore of the battlefield, and armour that saw the glory of a triumphant win. Yet as he stood there outside of his tent it felt armour of another man, of another person who was a prized fighter, who was a strong warrior, and a capable leader. They didn't feel like they belonged on his body.

He brought his hand up and examined the palm of his leather glove. The folds within the worn leather of the inside of his hand told stories of a warrior that never gave up, of a warrior that never questioned a single order that was directed to him by his superiors. There was no question in the orders that he received from the Captain, but his heart pained for things that he thought he would never see again. The faces of his family flashed in his mind, and as much as he fought for the good memories nothing remained in his mind but the harder times. The times when they questioned why he would put his life on the line for others and why he would go up and fight in a war that had killed his father and two brothers. There weren't any warm memories, of his family smiling, laughing, and having a good time around dinner. All that he could remember were the awkward dinners, the silence, and the empty chairs where his father and brothers used to sit around the table.

The gloved hand curled into a large fist as he forged through those memories and looked out to what was before him. The Captain left him in charge of a regiment of fighters to meet up at the garrison, and they were two days journey away from there on foot. The soldiers were strong, brave, and the best that the Captain could afford. The soldiers' memories were strong, too, of what they left behind and what they were fighting for; they had the happy memories of their family, of their loved ones and of their children. All the Lieutenant had were the dark memories of his family, and the fleeting romance of someone that he would never see again. The soldiers didn't know any of this, of course, as the Lieutenant didn't divulge into his personal life with those around him. The Captain had hints, but nothing more. They talked business. War was not a time to talk about anything else but victory.

"Lieutenant, food's on!" Bellow a soldier, and the Lieutenant snapped back to attention and looked over to him. There was already an orderly line of men waiting for their evening meal, talking and laughing to each other without a care in the world at this one moment in time. Right now, all his soldiers were alive and all their families were alive and safe.

Right now, everything was perfect.

The Lieutenant smiled and dropped his fisted hand and stood in line with the rest of them. One hand from a fellow soldier slapped him in the shoulder, followed by a hearty laughter.

"The Lieutenant hasn't forgotten about the coin he owes me from last night, has he?" He let out a grunt in reply and rolled his shoulder back as he glanced to the soldier behind him. The Lieutenant shook his head with a smirk.

"How could I forget to pay off an ugly petchin' face like that? You'll be haunting my nightmares until the day I pay back every damn coin."
Vanos Strongarm
Vhat is a "double you"?

Words: 80484
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Legion on December 14th, 2011, 2:43 am

Award

Vanos: Lore of Past Life.

Oh so fashionably late. Delectable. Nice lead in at the end there, too.
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Sitkanis on December 18th, 2011, 6:44 pm

OOCEPICALLY sorry for the lateness.
ImageThe battle had been fierce but really, what Myrian battle wasn't? There had been little chance for the opposing side to win. Some humans wanting to trade? It was a laughable thought. There was nothing Queen Myri needed from the humans except their skins, which now she rightfully had. Their flesh would not feed everyone, but it would feed the warriors who ripped the life from it. At the head of these warriors was a woman, tall as she was mighty. A woman by the name of Kalemi of the Deafening Roar. The Deafening Roar was a clan often found at the mouth of these offensive packs. They were the fangs that adorned the maw of the Myrian arsenals. Teeth that clamped and broke the backs of their prey. The Deafening Roar were not to be opposed and those who did not heed this advice need not worry. They would not be in pain for long.

"Nothing to see here. Collect what you can and move back to the city." Kalemi walked through the wreckage. Mangled bodies were strewn about the jungle foliage, at least that which had not been choked by the blood. Each foot fall dyed the skin red. "Taera, Makai, Hidi, move forward with me. If there are any survivors on the outskirts, there won't be for long." A small smile flickered on her lips. "Besides, we need to find the spoils. I wonder what was so great for trading that these humans were willing to give their lives."

A sheathed sword beat rhythmically against Kalemi's thigh as she walked. Like sacrificial drums for Myri. Thump. Thump Thump. It was a heartbeat. It was footfalls. It was the ticking of Tanroa's clock before the survivors, if any, would meet their Gods. "Are there any out there who still stand? Show yourself and make your end swift!" The Myrian woman's voice hissed over the silent battlefield. For chimes, nothing moved. Then, out of the bones and blood, a small child stood up. His golden hair seemed to be dyed brown with the dried blood. He walked forward, his leg seeming to be wounded. The Myrians at Kalemi's side readied their weapons but she raised a hand, halting them. "Not yet." The child kept limping forward, cuts marking his body like the stripes of a tiger. Navre would be proud, or the warriors would have liked to think.

After chimes of the child limping forward, he fell at Kalemi's feet. He seemed to be about twelve with slitted eyes, green as the jungle itself. "Identify yourself." The child struggled to speak. "I…I…" Kalemi drew her sword, bashing the child across the cheek with it's handle. "I don't have time for the murmurs of children. Identify yourself or I'll use the sharp end next time." The child looked up at her, tears threatening to spill over onto his cheeks. "Tekal. My name is Tekal." The woman glared down at him, her eyes cold and calculating. "What does a group of traders need with a sniveling child?" Kalemi could already tell. Tekal's eyes were proof enough of why he was carted around. "My masters tell me I am different. I am… Kelvic." The Myrian reached out to grab the boy's arm, hoisting him up to his feet. "Your masters are gone now." He nodded, his green eyes clouded. "Will you be my master now?" Kalemi dropped the boy, watching as he laid in the mud. "Tell you what Tekal. If you can make it back to Taloba, I'll be your master." And with that, the woman walked off, her three companions at her sides.
Last edited by Sitkanis on December 19th, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Legion on December 19th, 2011, 1:43 am

Award

Sitkanis: Lore of Past Life.

Fashionably late as well, but you pulled it off with style. Brava!
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous