New Ape In Town(Closed)

Zygaud enters his first city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 10th, 2012, 10:15 pm

At Oluse's accusations, Alea had to laugh. She planted the shovel in the dirt at her feet and rolled her eyes upward, shaking her head. Oluse had always had this habit of seeing problems that just weren't there. "I don't know what problems you think I'm running away from. I'm beginning to think all the accusations are just an excuse to run from your OWN problems. As I recall, YOU left Denval. What were YOU running from?"

Ignoring the note of hard bitterness in her tone, she folded her arms over the top of her shovel, piercing Oluse with an accusatory gaze which held none of the humor that lifted the corner of her mouth in a smirk.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 10th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Oluse often thought about the question she posed. He was a philosopher and had a lot of time alone over the past few season to ponder his motives for traveling to Avanthal. He thought it was almost funny how she thought everybody lacked the same level of introspection as her. Confidently in a matter-of-fact tone he responded, fending off the urge to smile haughtily, "I think that my life might be meaningless, and that my desperate attempts to find something that gives me purpose are only making things worse. That maybe I'll never learn to succeed in life, or repay my family what I owe them."

He then looked at her in the eyes, almost as to say 'your turn.' He decided she was probably too dense to decode the expression, however, so he said it in addition. "Don't think you can turn this around, and keep running from what's bothering you. Even Zygaud said you were obviously upset about something. And he is a wise ape man. So admit it." He crossed his own arms, a challenging glare crossing his face.

Deep down it hurt to tell Alea how he was really feeling, having never said it out loud to anybody before. And, he couldn't fend off the idea it might have been a bad idea to arm her with such personal information. But, in the sport of competition it was a small price to pay. He hoped the bitter taste of dread would turn to relief at some point, however.
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 10th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Alea only raised an eyebrow when Oluse started spouting story about leaving. She'd wanted a reason, not his petching life story. And yet he was still claiming that she was the one with the problem. She began to get angry again just at his obtuseness. "Were you not paying attention? YOU LEFT ME!" She threw the shovel down in frustration, and began advancing menacingly toward Oluse. Not being inclined (ever) to articulate her feelings in detail, she went for the simplest, most honest explanation she had, "YOU MADE DENVAL BORING!"
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 11th, 2012, 6:05 am

For a moment he thought that Alea might hit him again. Then he realized she still probably would, no matter what he said, so bracing himself he began to try piecing through her very loud words. He would never understand Alea's innate gift of engaging in ruthless assaults and speaking, if simply, all at the same time.

Oluse was more than a little confused, he didn't remember her ever saying anything about him leaving her. He, of course, overlooked the connection to her earlier accusation of running away from his own problems, having already addressed and relinquished that thought. Giving up on trying to understand how the nonsensical thought train of the adolescent girl worked, he focused on trying to understand what she meant. Her being so close wasn't making it easy.

She said he had left her. Well he had, he knew that, but he didn't mean to leave her exactly.Then the statement of making Denval boring, that was just completely untrue. His mind continued it's expedient process of slowing down, just as his mouth opened.

"I didn't leave you!" He spouted, forgetting how he in fact did. "And, Denval was already boring before I left! The only half interesting person there was you! You left anyway so what's even the problem?!" He was getting angry now, his critical skills quickly flying out the window. He couldn't fathom where this girl got the awful inclination to beat men over the head, then accuse them of nonsensical wrong doings. His calm demeanor was indeed shattered, along with any remnant of maturity he may have build up over the last few seasons.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 11th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Breaking away from his period of introspection, Zygaud decided that it was about time he stepped in and stopped this annoying squabble. It had amused him for a time, but now it was like watching two mentally deficient fighting fish without teeth try to gum each-other to death. It seemed it would be his duty to bring some sort of order to the workings of these small creatures.

Pushing away from the wall he leaned against, Zygaud brought his staff down with enough force to cause a loud bang and distract the two creatures from themselves before Alea ended up ripping Oluse's head off or whatever it is an angry little human girl would do. "Now then... you've both said what needed to be said. Alea is angry because Oluse left, and Oluse doesn't feel that it's worth the rage. Can't you two just put aside this issue and be friends? Look at it like this... you've met each-other here after all this time. How likely is that? Seems to me it was destiny." Zygaud began confidently, staring down between the two humans with a stern gaze. "And no, Alea... I don't think it's your destiny to pound Oluse into powder. Nor is it his to get hurt this day. This should be a happy occasion. That's all I have to say about this. You two are welcome to continue this stupidity, I'll just go back to sleeping on my roof."

Content with what he had said, Zygaud looked between the two, waiting to see what they would do next. If his past experience meant anything, it seemed likely that they'd snap at him and he'd leave, and probably never see his new human friend Oluse again. He truly hoped this wouldn't be the case, but he didn't feel like standing here and watching this any longer.
Denial is the road to self destruction.
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Words: 21437
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 13th, 2012, 1:25 am

Alea was still too angry to openly admit that the Jamoura might have a point. It had been clear from the beginning that Oluse was too stupid to understand another person's feelings, and Alea wasn't sure why she bothered trying to beat it into him anymore. Rather than wreck any shred of companionship they had left, Alea threw down her shovel with satisfyingly violent force. Then, without another word, she turned and stalked toward the back of the stables. When she reached the far wall, she left through a small rear door and kept going, imagining that in her present mood she was likely to spook the horses.

She took a long walk through the snow, the chilled air helping to cool her temper. She sulked, tromping through the snow, for almost a bell before she calmed down enough to return to the stables. By the time she had picked up her shovel to resume her chores, the two visitors had long-since left.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 13th, 2012, 6:19 am

Oluse was happy that it didn't break into violence again, but he couldn't shake the idea that maybe this was worse. What if Zygaud was right, and it was some form of destiny that the two had met again? With that thought he decided he would come visit Alea again once they both had time to calm down. The winter was long, and he knew she wasn't going anywhere before Spring.

So, he gave a sigh and without looking to Zygaud turned around, and spoke in a disheartened way. "Well, lets go find you some shelter." The words tumbled out in a thick and distracted Denvali accent, as he walk toward the giant door again and pushed them open for the ape.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 13th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Zygaud nodded to Oluse after watching Alea storm off, he hadn't really expected that. He supposed it was a more satisfactory response than a few that he had expected. Turning toward the door, he followed Oluse off into the snow to hopefully find him a place to sleep at night.
Denial is the road to self destruction.
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Words: 21437
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

New Ape In Town(Closed)

Postby Warden on April 12th, 2012, 1:58 am

-Zygaud-

Skill Points:

2 Philosophy,

2 Anthropology,

2 Observation,

2 Brawling,

1 Negotiation,

Lore:

People watching,

A Human Brawl,

Being a Mediator
-Oluse-

Skill Points:

1 Animal Husbandry,

4 Philosophy,

2 Observation,

1 Sculpting

Lore:

The Jamoura (history and lifespan),

Go for the Tenders!

A Childhood Argument

-Alea Davenport-

Skill Points:

3 Brawling

2 Intimidation

Lore:

A Childhood Argument
Notes:

Now this was a thread definitely worth reading! I was in no small measure entertained. I especially laughed loudly when the brawl first ensued, and Oluse described a uh, 'bosom punch'.

I went ahead and gave Oluse a point in sculpture due to the amount of detail you put into the way he felt about observing it, especially since you said that he might want to try his hand eventually.

I hope you guys got all the points you wanted or needed, and keep up the good writing!
*In order to take care of the work pile that has been waiting in my office, I will only be grading threads when I log on, with the exception of urgent business. This is also for my two characters, Jett and Marius.*
Warden
Nothing teaches like experience

Words: 6154
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous