New Ape In Town(Closed)

Zygaud enters his first city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 10th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Alea would not have let Oluse up, but the laugh startled her as well, and she quickly became self-conscious of what their fighting might look like. She scrambled up with a glare. She wasn't going to forgive him easily...

She was already mad at Oluse, and her annoyance combined with his superior and excited attitude (as if he'd done nothing wrong), caused her to swing a fist at his head with all the force she could muster and shout, "I know what a Jamoura is, you idiot!" This time, she switched to Common, for the Jamoura's benefit. It was rude to continue speaking in a language the people around you couldn't understand. She'd had first-hand experience of that with the Vantha.

In the midst of her struggles with Oluse, she conversed nonchalantly with the Jamoura. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Zygaud. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to throttle this waste of space."
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 10th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Zygaud nodded slowly as they finally broke apart from their bizarre interactions and Oluse introduced them. He found that the one known as Alea seemed to be rather polite when not attacking people from behind. Curling his lips into a broad and friendly smile, he showed off his long rows of impressive and bestial teeth. "The same to you, Alea Davenport. Though I'm not sure that he's a waste of space... any sentient being with a kind heart and an open mind is a friend to me.", He replied in his most polite and deliberate manner.

Emitting a curious hum, Zygaud couldn't help but ask, "Uh... this ritual you two are going through. Is this common among the people of Denval? I thought perhaps it was a mating dance of sorts for a moment... but it's more like the wrestling of the pre-adolescent, yes? I do enjoy rough-housing a bit myself."
Denial is the road to self destruction.
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Words: 21437
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 10th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Oluse managed to dodge the first blow, having learned long ago to never fool himself into thinking she would accept a yield. Unfortunately the following pummel was less successfully avoided. He went on a full defensive at this point, now that he was standing and able to move somewhat freely, only his cumbersome pants holding him back. Slowly as Alea's attention was drawn away from him he began regaining some remnant of control over the squabble, till Zygaud mentioned it possibly being a mating dance, which quickly resulted in him getting a firm punch in the chest.

"No!" The backing of pain transforming the insistent denial into more of a yelp. He decided to take the short moment of Alea taking in what the beast had said to escape. Better to do so before she got more upset. "I'm open hearted protect me!" Oluse sprinted toward Zygaud, darting clumsily behind him, gripping firmly to the long fur along his haunches.
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 10th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Alea felt a brief moment of satisfaction when she landed a solid hit. She was distracted by Zygaud's comment just long enough for that little runt Oluse to escape. His begging of protection was just pathetic. "Coward!" she hissed, keeping it in Common, so the Jamoura would understand just how worthless this boy was. "I would never drag others into my fights, even if I were losing!" She said this with confidence, thinking of how often she'd recently refrained from bringing her new friends to take vengeance on a new enemy.

She did not try to follow Oluse. Her disgust at his cowardice left her with less than no desire to make a heretofore innocent Jamoura suffer the consequences of getting involved. Instead, she made an agry dismissive noise, and walked back to her shovel, where she continued her chore of shoveling manure. "Oluse can rot for all I care," she muttered under her breath, speaking the private thought in Denvali.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 10th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Zygaud turned around, trying to comfort his new friend. Reaching out with a massive hand, he patted Oluse on the head a few times, humming a pleasant tune from his homeland as he did so. Though, the pats probably felt more like getting whacked in the head with a large piece of meat due to his immense strength. "I'm certain that this can be worked out. Obviously you've hurt her feelings somehow. I have been told that female humans are more emotionally sensitive than your male kind. You seem ignorant of what caused this, so I assume it's something like that..." He rumbled in his most comforting tone, though his voice was still so deep as to resonate through the body of the smaller creature.

Turning toward Alea, Zygaud fixed her with an apologetic gaze on Oluse's behalf. "Why don't you two have a sit-down and chat, hm? I'm sure that I could make use of myself as a mediator of sorts... being that I'm obviously the oldest and most collected of those present. No offense intended to your kind, of course... I'm 192 years old.", Zygaud said to Alea, hoping that his words could break through the haze of apparent grief and rage. He understood to an extent, when his mother had died, he had felt terrible things in such a manner.
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Character sheet

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 10th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Under any other circumstance Oluse would have brushed Zygauds comment off, informing him that in fact Alea Davenport had no emotions to hurt. But, he grew puzzled as her pursuit came to an end, and she returned to work. She hated work, and would use any excuse to avoid it. On top of that she would never let any challenge get in between her and her prey... which was usually him. Something really was on her mind. He then thought of what he had gone through to get to Avanthal, and realized that she very well could have had similar difficulties. He realized how lonely it would be to have nobody to relate to.

He stared at her as she worked away at her manure. He wanted to ask if she was ok, but he didn't know where to begin. With anybody else he would begin with asking if they were ok, but he knew better with Alea. Giving a pitting look to the girl, he let out a sigh. "Ok, Zygaud, what do we do?" Maybe the wise creature did have a way to get through to her.

He rubbed his chest lightly, wondering how big the bruise would be.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 10th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Releasing a contemplative sigh, Zygaud ran his thick fingers across the carved images ingrained within his staff. The soothing indents of the stories told on the wood helped him to focus and think. He'd not thought too hard before making the offer to mediate, and he now realized that he had very little idea what the minds of two young humans at their age would be like. He had little to go on, having known Alea for just moments and Oluse for little longer than that.

Giving himself a confident nod, he acknowledged Oluse's acceptance of his offer and began to speak once more to Alea. "I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to your kind, but it seems obvious that he's caused you some distress. I feel that the best way to deal with this distress would be to calmly and concisely explain to Oluse why it is that you feel the way you do. When you've told him what you need to say, he will have a turn to respond and state any of his own opinions. I ask that you both keep things civil, or I as the mediator will need to step in. I'll try to guide you both along the way and provide helpful advice, if I am able. If you'll both agree to this, I'm certain that we can all have a friendly chat afterwards. So, Alea... what say you?"
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Character sheet

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 10th, 2012, 9:19 pm

"I think you should stay out of my business!" Alea snapped, narrowly missing the Jamouras head as she swung the shovel around for another helping of horse-shyke. Deciding she'd finished with this stall, she moved onto the next, her anger giving her energy.

"Any quarrel I have with Oluse is between him and me. And I have nothing to say to a coward." Alea's voice was thick with what might have been disgust. She would be dangerous to approach in this state, flinging manure back and forth. Any lapse in her concentration, or any misstep around her temper, could easily lead to manure landing where it was not suppose to be...
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Oluse on January 10th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Oluse's expression flattened, unimpressed by the girl's words. He had almost forgotten how judgmental she was.

Not moving from his gargantuan moderator's side he spoke in response, his voice condescending. "Cowardice is hiding from yourself, not others. You think your so brave hiding behind violence to get your aggression out. You never try to actually solve your problems, you just run away when you can't scratch at them." He was sick of listening to her, and her words, aimed to hurt him, only reminded him of all those years in Denval. He had been younger then, not as assertive, and more naive. He had grown a lot since Denval, and faced worse challenges then whatever was bothering her. "If you have a problem with me then be brave enough to say it. If not then... well." His rather well composed rant came to a fumbling end. He reminded himself, yet again, that he really must think before speaking.

"Look just tell me what's got you so angry so we can get past it, and I can ask you how you've been." His voice was annoyed, not with just the situation but himself. He really had hoped that would come out better.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

New Ape In Town(Open)

Postby Zygaud on January 10th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Zygaud nodded approvingly at Oluse, brushing aside Alea's anger and stepping away from the male human to rest against a nearby wall. Deciding to stay out of their business for now, he turned his attentions once more to his staff. Humming the same pleasant tune from earlier as he drifted off into his memories and the adventures he'd worked out in his mind. How different this was. But it was just as amusing, in its own way.
Zygaud
Magic Monkey

Character sheet

PreviousNext