Uncognito Reintroductions (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Venidus Larkspur on September 23rd, 2011, 6:23 am

Venidus did wander the city quite a bit but he had never really paid much attention to the location of deserted buildings. He was usually drifting through his mind and exploring the depths of his conscience. “I apologize Andry... I can’t seem to think of a place currently, but I could scout out one the moment we leave this wonderful abode,” Venidus said a bit displeased with his lack of knowledge. He should have known and a place... he could have if he just topped brooding all the time.

“I can find my way to rooftops and windows more easily than most. Finding a safe space won’t be difficult for me, but I just hope that you will be unscathed while you make your escape. I may try to cause a little chaos” Venidus stretched a little. “It may be useful for me to try and save some innocents, but on the other hand, death would be a gift in Ravok.” His voice sounded louder than usual, which was impressive considering how loud he was. He glanced around for a moment as if expecting to see a unit of Ebonstryfe standing there. The silence was reassuring but the perceived volume of his voice triggered his innate paranoia.

Venidus was wracking his memories for some sort of way of capitalizing on the situation Andry was making but nothing struck him as particularly appealing. He could harass the guards that responded from the rooftops, but a single person doing so was asking for trouble. Perhaps the Rising Dawn could help! Old man Ervis could be helpful in such a situation... He trusted Andry but didn’t want to divulge any aspect, even the name, of the Rising Dawn. Doing so would betray too many people’s trust and Andry didn’t need to know.

He would dwell on it for a while, but he knew that eventually he would think of something... hopefully. “Magic sounds like a helpful... tool,” he said unintentionally mimicking Andry. Upon realizing this, he added, “Errr Umm l-like what kind of magic...”
Venidus Larkspur
Player

Words: 68455
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2011, 8:16 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on September 24th, 2011, 6:18 pm

"You have through the Fifth to find a suitable place, then," he said. "I trust you to do so, and we will make sure we both have our windows of opportunity to escape." There was something in Venidus' aura, a clouding, an obfuscating. He was hiding something, but nothing else in his aura, his manner, or their history led Hadrian to believe that whatever he was hiding would be damaging to Hadrian himself, so he let him have his secrets. The enchanter certainly held tightly to his own.

To answer the Symenestra's question, Hadrian held up his hand, wreathed in a sudden coruscation of res. Three globes of energy rose out of it and began to spin lazily over his hand. One became a whirling ball of water, another a shifting mass of rock and earth, and the third, an invisible little maelstrom that still glowed with the res that kept it moving, kept it under his control.

"Elemental magic would be the easiest to teach in the short term," he said. "You might even draw fire, though there are strengths and weaknesses to all four elements. There is some pain and discomfort in the initiation, but no permanent damage."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Lazybones on January 18th, 2012, 2:13 am

Thread Complete!

Notes: This was really cool, actually. I've seen your characters before, Dani, but never like this. I'd really love to see you doing something like it again in the near future. But not in Ravok, I hope. Because then I will have to kill you.

Didn't give you any Auristics XP because lol.

If you return, Venidus, PM me for your grade.

Hadrian
Award :
Skills: Stealth +1, Glyphing +2, Flux +1, Shielding +2, Reimancy +1, Persuasion +2

Lores: Tying Loose Ends, Conspirator in the Shadows, Flashy Mage
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous