[The Stone Garden] Seeking a Flame(Andresciel)

Ethne seeks out an acquaintance to teach her Fire Reimancy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ethne on January 14th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Winter 30, 511 A.V.

Ethne had been standing in the quieting Stone Garden for only a few minutes now, waiting. She had run into the Knight Andresciel only a day before, and she had asked about learning Fire reimancy. She knew that, as a Knight, he would be competent in a few forms of the elusive magical arts that had always drawn her attention. Now, for the first time, she would be learning a bit on how to form Fire Reimancy.

It sent shuddered down her spine, the prospect of being able to create a burning flame from seemingly nothing. He had told her to meet him in the Stone Garden on the morn of the next day, and so she had arrived. She was very anxious to start learning, and hoped she would have some affinity. Truthfully Ethne knew near to nothing about reimancy, and she barely knew how to make a fire normally. But Ethne had the defining qualities that she was willing to learn and would never give up. She really wanted to learn, and she thought that learning from such a powerful knight like Andresciel would be best.
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Words: 11881
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on January 14th, 2012, 5:21 pm

"Velenor." The Mage Knight growled as he looked after the Wind Familiar who drifted off lazily, only to turn back to its partner. Velenor's form was made of solid smoke, and didn't so much as pass through as it did just bend around an object. But still, his partner was air-headed and often distracted very easily. So, Andresciel kept Vel in his eyesight. "Come my friend, we have a student to teach." The Wind Familiar would slowly drift over to Andresciel as he stepped into the stone gardens, feeling the presence of Ethne. "Hello Child, I saw your request in the office, that letter to me about teaching you Reimancy? Do you still seek to go through with it?"
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ethne on January 14th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Ethne looked to Andre and nodded as he spoke and approached. His companion seemed completely other-worldly, and Ethne had no idea what he, she, or it was, but that didn't matter.
"I am, I wish to learn as much as possible."
She gave a small bow as she spoke, trying to be respectful. Ethne was determined to learn no matter what, and anything Andre told her to do, she would.

OOCThank you Andre, you can take as long as you want in-between posts if you'd like.
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on January 14th, 2012, 6:23 pm

"Velenor. Go and rest." The Avavali seemed to drift away from its master as Andre turned to the young girl. "So you wish to learn as much as I can teach. Can you even create a flame yet? Or have any control over your Res?" He asked, awaiting the answer as he held his hand up. His dark blue eyes turned light, as a pale, sky blue aura danced on his skin, turning into liquid and rising into the air to form a fireball. "But if you haven't been invested with Res, you may not be able to do it. Are you willing to become a Squire in the Knighthood, Child?" The Knight asked, sighing "I know not if my superiors will grant me a squire yet...but I will ask you to be taken under the wings."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ethne on January 15th, 2012, 1:02 am

Ethne looked down, she had read a little bit on Res and how one became able to control it. She hadn't been initiated, and had absolutely no control over her own Res. Without control over her Res, control over flames was a completely inachievable task. She looked up at Andre, determination flaring in her eyes, and said.
"I cannot control my Res, but I'll do anything, go through anything, to be able to. If I must become a squire to learn, then I will. But please, teach me."
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Character sheet

Postby Andresciel on January 27th, 2012, 9:49 pm

"You will have to speak to my superiors before I preform the Ritual. If you get out of control, We will have to put you down Ethne." He stated softly, holding his hand out to her, as he sighs. "It is our edict, our code. Magic is dangerous, if you go insane, we will have to take out the danger." He warned her, but still offered her a chance to join the world of mages, and wizards. This was not a soft world she was entering, people disliked spell casters, thought darkly of them, even the Warriors Knights mistrusted some of the Mage Knights
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes