Beasts of Prey [Miharu Mindi]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Siiri on April 10th, 2010, 10:20 am

As Miharu refilled her waterskin, Siiri regarded her with sudden understanding. Her sire was bonded to the woman Lliani, but it was a bond that did not get severed upon the Kelvic's death. The girl could not serve as replacement to her father's place in the woman's heart. Miharu was rejected by the only Master she knew.

Except she did not know that the woman was not truly her Master. Not in the sense the woman had been to her sire.

Siiri did not fully comprehend the mechanics of the Kelvic bond, nor the relationship between Master and Kelvic, but she felt that it was some sort of need for the race of shapeshifters. She wasn't sure how she felt about the whole concept of it. On the one hand, she abhorred the idea of becoming dependent on anyone or anything. But then, she thought, she was not Kelvic and admitted to herself that she could not fully understand that need of theirs. She did not want to pass judgment to Miharu, feeling that it would be a disservice to the young woman.

When the Kelvic returned the blouse, Siiri accepted it with one hand and gave a squeeze on the girl's shoulder with the other, conveying in that one touch that she sensed and understood, at least to a certain degree, the source of her sadness. She took back the blouse without question, realizing belatedly what it meant for Miharu to subject herself to such restrictive clothing. Siiri felt flattered at the compliment it entailed.

“We will find something more fitting and beautiful for you in the city,” she said simply.

She led the Kelvic back to camp, walking only slightly ahead and to the right of her as they followed their original trail. The rustling of the leaves above was the only indication of the silent guards that accompanied them every step of the way.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Miharu Mindi on April 10th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Miharu blushed a little at the touch to her shoulder, but she didn't shy away from it. Simply nodded as Siiri took her shirt back, a little smile on her lips as she saw that the other woman had understood the compliment. It wasn't something that often occurred to her, these polite gestures, but the Myrians were different enough from everything familiar that a little extra effort couldn't go amiss.

"I don't need something beautiful," she said shyly, knowing full well that she must look plain beside the buxom, tattooed warrior woman. "But perhaps I could find a tailor to make something less stifling than my clothes are sure to be," she chuckled.

She fell into place behind Siiri's shoulder instinctively, the movement becoming more comfortable each time. "How long is the trip to Taloba?"

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Siiri on April 10th, 2010, 11:51 pm

“Ten days, maybe,” Siiri replied. “Knowing Kreesha, we'll make probably make it in half the time.”

They walked back to camp without another word, each perhaps comfortable in the other's silence. There was a faint glow in the sky already when they arrived and the light was steadily growing. They discovered that Kreesha had scrapped the original idea of having Siiri's fang follow on foot while her own fang transported the still-living slavers and their remaining mounts. Instead, Siiri's fang will take the horses while half of Kreesha's men would remain to carry on with their run in the wilds. Siiri's team had been out the longest among the fangs, and the higher ranked Myrian decided to bring them in the city and exchange them for fresh troops.

Garou and Amir were already mounted and Onna and Kai, the guards who had accompanied them to the stream, moved to backride with those of Kreesha's men, having no riding experience themselves. Siiri didn't as well, and she turned from Amir to Garou then back to Amir, undecided on what to do. In the end she chose to ride with Amir, trusting Garou to be able to handle Miharu better.

“I would let you run as in your wolf form, but the jungle is too dangerous for those who do not know the path,” she explained to the Kelvic in an undertone. “For now you should ride with Garou.” Thinking that the girl would protest, she added, “You may expect my men to treat you as I do. Out here, they would not do anything without my leave.”

As if hearing what had been said, Garou drew near and cackled. “I'll keep ye safe girlie,” he winked as he offered his hand to the Kelvic.

Siiri nodded at the man, a silent exchange between them, and with that, she climbed up Amir's horse (with a little help from the man). Those with extra riders trotted their mounts for a bit, allowing their passengers to get used to the horses' gait. And then Kreesha's tiger unleashed a mighty roar and they were off.

To Taloba.

-Fin-
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Cayenne on April 12th, 2010, 2:49 am

This was a great thread - the interaction was great, and the dynamic was fantastic. I loved the way Miharu and Siiri are kind of wary... but at the same time, willing to reach out a little to each other and see just what the other has to offer. Both have been hurt in the past... so it'll be interesting to see where it goes in the future.

I hereby award the following:

Siiri:
Greatsword: 3 XP
Leadership: 2 XP
Climbing: 1 XP
Thrown (Stones): 1 XP
Riding (Horses): 1 XP
Lore: Kelvics

Miharu:
Stealth: 2 XP
Tracking: 1 XP
Unarmed Combat: 3 XP