[Rearing Stallion Tavern] A Friendly Drink (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion Tavern] A Friendly Drink (Open)

Postby Niall Raghnall on August 18th, 2009, 8:17 pm

56th Day of Summer 509AV

Niall had finished a hard day's riding and was a bit sore. To be a good knight he had to learn to move within the saddle. A lance was nothing more than a big cumbersome stick, if he couldn't ride his horse. He enjoyed the challenge of learning things but did not always like the pain associated with them. That's when he decided to head to the local tavern for a drink.

The Tavern was run by a former knight and his family. Most Syliras knights chose to frequent the place during their off duty hours because of this. It was a great place to have a drink, enjoy the company of friends, and not worry about fights. Most people didn't pick fights with knights because of their skill and status within the community. This made the tavern fun and relatively safe.

Niall strolled in and smiled to all who took notice of him. Most of the men were knights while he was still but a squire, so he assumed those who looked at him were fellow squires or civilians. He liked the idea of meeting people he'd never met before and learning about their lives. He felt it allowed him to be more humble when dealing with people while on patrol. He did not have the attitude that most people he met were bad. Even the ones that were commiting bad acts ususally had some type of moral issue they were struggling with. Niall prefered to assume the best of most people even if it meant being hard because of his position.

The akalak made his way to the bar where he decided to pull out one gold and silver miza and lay it on the counter. He spoke with a very loud voice for all to hear.
"Mr Aargon, i'd like to order ten brew of whatever you have on tap. Have your lad bring them over by the hearth where i'll be. One is for me and the other nine are for whomever wishes to strike up a conversation with me just for the sake of talking. The remaining silver is yours of course for running such a fine establishment!"

Niall then made his way to the large fire and took up a seat waiting for the son to bring the ales and talk with whomever felt like a free brew.
Niall Raghnall
Player

Words: 19913
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2009, 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Re: [Rearing Stallion Tavern] A Friendly Drink (Open)

Postby Akuaysun on August 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Akuaysun had found his way into the tavern earlier that day sharing light words with the barman and his staff. Most have kept clear of the Myrian for their reputation of rowdiness. Aku in fact couldn’t be further from, unless actually provoked as his time in the heavens had long since worked the bloodlust from his veins. Though that wasn’t saying much as he had only been back in this realm for the better part of a month, and none had truly tried to start issues with him as of yet.

As Niall had entered the man had just finished a cool glass of water himself while he entertained the idea of food. The staff hadn’t seemed to mind him much as the keep and he had shared a story upon his arrival and told the traveler of their fair town and a bit about his time in the knights. They seemed like an honorable enough lot and there was no doubt that Aargon was a brave warrior in his time. He could have even made quite the name for himself in the time of the Suvan.

That was another time and very much another place from the world that now existed though. So as the Akalak made his intentions clear it caught the eye of the celestial warrior, drawing him up from the ponderings of a meal and when he should in fact move out of the city and further to Zeltiva. Drifting over to peer out one of the windows, his green-brown eyes caught sight of Syna still lingering in the sky. He had a bit of time, and it would be interesting to learn more of this man, he who boasted of his generosity so.

Smiling softly, a grin that most could not help but find sadistic by the man’s mortal blood, he watched and waited until the lad brought forth the brew. None seemed too eager to join and as such his mind was made. Standing from his stool at the bar, Aku insured the keep saw where he was going and made his way across the room. Out of respect for the “civilized” citizens of the city Aku actually dawned a full set of cloths today; his navy shirt embroidered and edged with silver thread the finest of the collection. It hung half buttoned from his shoulders, the sleeves rolled to his elbows and draped over the belt at his waist. Raven hair matched the color of his leggings as his boots landed with dull thuds on the wood floor below.

Standing before the squire he nodded, the set of tiger eyes about the base of his neck staring out of black shadows at the man, and spoke in his own bold tone. It was a deep tenor and spoke of confidence, like that of a man who had seen many things in his day. “I am Akuaysun, and I accept your offer.” He extended a muscled right arm with an open palm; if Niall returned the gesture he would wrap his fist around his forearm and give it one solid shake before sitting.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Niall Raghnall on August 19th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Niall smiled when the Aargon son brought the ales to the table careful not to spill a one. Niall flipped a silver piece onto the tray when the lad was done offering a nod of thanks for the work. Niall then slipped his dark skinned hand down around the closest mug and lifted it to hips lips letting the ale rest on his lips before taking a good swig and lowering the pint from his mouth.

It was at this moment when the first gentleman stepped forward to accept his offer. He was a good sized myri, a race known for their combative prowess much like the Akalak though their similarities ended their. The had been rumored to be canabolistic to which Niall could not relate. He had the look of an experienced warrior and a confidence in his voice that agreed.

Niall had befriended a symenestra and had learned that the norms of a culture did not always prove true upon an individual. Even Niall assumed he did not hold all the qualities of the Akalak since he did not live amongst his own kind. With that in mind, Niall politiely smiled and extended his arm to return the greeting.
"Well met Akuayson. it is an honor to meet. you."

Niall reached out and grabbed the next ale extending it handle first to the myri warrior. "This drink is on me. I believe it is essential in life for a knight to meet people and remain unbiased when first met; then offer aid to those who may be in need. That being said, i'd like to know who you are and here of the journey of your life that has brought you to this tavern accepting my ale.

Please, call me Niall."
Niall Raghnall
Player

Character sheet

Postby Argis Valkyn Terras on August 19th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Argis was sitting on the stool bellied up to the bar finishing yet his fourth pint of ale when the strange skinned person came to the bar and made his order. Argis could have cared less about the conversation but was never one to turn down a free mug. Ale and smithing were the only things he did well since the day his beloved Adalia passed away. Each sip was used to try and erase the beautiful image of his woman or the rememberance of the still born in the birthmother's arms. That was the worst day of his life. At the funeral, the tombstone of his child only said 'baby' because he hiped that not naming the child would make it easier to forget. It didn't, and neither did the ale, but he kept on trying.

Argis rose from his seat and trailed the waiter who was bringing the ten beers over to where the dark skinned man stood. A myrian warrior had beaten him to the draw by about ten steps. It didn't matter to Argis because eight more beers were sitting next to the invitee. The two warriors seemed to getting along well enough; perfect for Argis in hopes of saying hello, grabbing a beer, and then heading back to the bar. Argis' goal was a straight eight beers before heading off to bed. Any more than that and the hangover affected his work.

The five foot four nearly two hundred pound frame of the isur twisted his way next to the mugs, and he helped himself to picking one out. He drank with his left arm, the one that was emerald in color and gemlike in appearance. Most people did not want to shake that hand, the one strong enough to forge weapons without a hammer, so he hid it behind a mug and did his greetings with his right hand.

"The names Argis. I thank ya kindly fer the beer. I works over at the ironworks building if yer ever in need of good craftsmanship."
Argis Valkyn Terras
Player

Words: 2287
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Race: Isur

Postby Nya Winters on August 19th, 2009, 6:09 pm

She was lurking in the corner furthest from the hearth. The hearth wasn't her favorite thing because often it smoked or gave off too much heat. She liked the dark because she could see well in the dim and people couldn't see her very well. She wasn't much for drinking, not really, though she craved company. Living in the forest alone was a thing that while it appealed to her bestial nature, it did nothing to comfort her humanity. When a drink was offered, to her that was also an offer to exchange words and for a moment to be part of a group. She slipped off her seat and walked over. Nya was dressed in black leather trousers, a black tank top, and a leather belt slung across her hips. Black calf-high boots encased her legs, but did nothing to disguise her cat-like movements as she stalked across the room, slipped up to the Akalak, the brown-skinned man, and the Isur. The Isur made her smile. She'd like to meet him in a dark alley and go a round or two with the blacksmith. Nya knew hew as a blacksmith. She could smell the forge on him - the tangy impersonal smell of metal. The dark-skinned man she'd never seen before. She'd heard that people like him lived in the massive jungles to the southwest, but she'd never been there or seen the sights first hand. Someday she might wander that way if life gave her any excuse at all.

But for now, she was content to brave the crowd of males and take one of the drinks for herself. "Thank you." Politeness was ingrained in her. It was one of the first lessons she'd ever learned. "I'm Nya Winters. I like to talk sometimes." That was an understatement. The Kelvic craved conversation like a benshira craved water in a drought. There was none to be had in the forest.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Akuaysun on August 19th, 2009, 6:23 pm

“An honor to meet you Niall, I have shared battle with your fathers before this day, your kind is quite strong.” He smiled again and accepted the ale in his left, catching Argis from the corner of his eye as he moved in to scoop up a brew. The man slid about and introduced himself though in a manner that spoke of his fleeting nature. With his right he offered the same shake that he did to Niall, his palm wrapping about the smith’s forearm in he accepted.

He looked directly into Argis’s eyes, a cold stare residing within his own copper and emerald hues. Akuaysun’s voice was even, some would perhaps even call it curt as he addressed the smithy. “It is good to meet you as well Argis, perhaps you will sit and enjoy the generosity of this brew with us? The man has asked my story and as I saw the way you drank at the bar, I would like much to hear yours as well.” Slowly he released the pressure of the shake as a foot slid one of the residing chairs out. The Myrian sat, breaking his stare and turning his attention once more to their host.

Just as he was about to begin Nya slid up to the table, there was a pause, and brief nod as she made her introductions. Aku watched her carefully; she carried a predatory grace about her, far beyond that of any simple woman. It reminded him of the tigers he once knew, but truly it was more a vague remembrance and flashes of memories in his mind.

My story is either a very long one or short one depending on how you view it. I call myself Akuaysun for my real name can not truly be pronounced by the tongues of this realm. As it is I search for a way back to my home to sit alongside my family once more. It has not been long since I was separated from them but seems an eternity. This body of mine grew up in Taloba, the great Myrian capital under the watchful eye of Myri, I hear that it still resides in the west but also fear that the city and the way I remember have been lost.

He paused and brought the mug to his lips, taking a long draw from it, enjoying the bitter delight that was the stout brew. Its taste was crisp, and bubbled upon his tongue causing a soft groan of approval. To the others it would likely seem the man had not had a brew in years, the truth of it was that it had been centuries. “If you like I can tell you what I remember but I doubt you would believe me. For now though I will say that I have just recently left the city of Ravok, an interesting place to say the least and I travel south. Rumors have spoken of an island of the dead that defy Dira’s will and somehow escaped the cycle. I hope to find this isle and speak with its masters. Before that however, things have grown a bit hazy, there are many, many memories drifting about in this mind of mine.”

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Niall Raghnall on August 20th, 2009, 3:35 pm

First, Niall took notice of the large isur who came over. It wasn't because of his general appearance. It was due to his arm. The emerald green gemlike arm was something that he found quite fascinating. He had been by the ironworks and knew the owner was a fellow isur, but it was his only experience with the race. His father had told him that the isu, much like the average akalak, chose to remain close to their homeland. He did show a little concern over the treatment of the isur by Akuaysun but nothing thus far appeared to be coming from it.

"Yes, Argis, I would agree with our Myrian friend. Please sit and join us. Tell us your story and enjoy the company of fine folk from this city."

Nya was the next to arrive. She had a cat like grace to her from the way she walked, and their was something about her that seemed primal. Kelvic held some of the animal qualities of the creature they could transform into. Nya's eyes gave her race away. It did not bother him in the least that she was a kelvic. Though graceful in her movements, he assumed that her cat side meant she could handle herself in a fight. He'd never seen a transformed kelvic before and found the idea quite interesting.

"Well met, Nya, and welcome to our little corner of the tavern. I am Niall Raghnall, squire of the Syliras Knights. Please have a drink and join us in our talks. We were discussing the story of our lives and what brought us to where we stand right now."

Niall turned his attention to Akuaysun as he spoke giving his full attention to the myri warrior. Akuaysun had a strange story because he seemed to speak of ages gone by. he mentioned 'this body of mine' which was a little odd as well. Was he one of those ghost races that occupied a physical host until it was battered, then jumped to another host? Niall didn't think so because the skin looked alive and not pale white. Dead people always looked pale white."I must say your story does confuse me, Akuaysun. You speak as if you are not a myri but something else. As if your body were a host. Would you possibly explain?"
Niall Raghnall
Player

Character sheet

Postby Akuaysun on August 25th, 2009, 5:25 pm

It seemed Niall was as astute as he appeared. Akuaysun had carefully chosen his words and this squire easily picked up on each of them. The Ethaefal wanted to see just what the man was made of, he was curious not because the fellow went against so many definitions of his race but because the subject of his study was more then simple brawn, he thirsted for knowledge as well. Lifting the mug to his lips and taking another long draw, emerald eyes swirling with golden hues looked to each of the other participants at the table. He was curious about them as well, though assumed that none of the three would be any particular threat.

“My apologies, I am currently a Myrian but I am not always a Myrian, and if one wants to take to the matter I am not a Myrian at all while simultaneously being one completely. He paused for a moment to judge their reactions, then his subtle tones continued, speaking only loud enough to guide his words to their ears alone. “I imagine this is quite hard for you to understand so I shall explain.”

“I lived before the great cataclysm, in the city of Taloba. Most of my life is rather hazy still but I know bits and pieces, things that meant the most to me. Riding our great dire cats, stalking the woods, my old teachers, the battles, I only have small flashes of the life but I know that I was well praised in my tribe.”
He paused pulling the shirt open a bit more to brandish the tattoo of the tiger eyes peering out from the shadows at the base of his neck. Its detail was pristine as if etched into his flesh only days before their encounter. “Then I died. I don’t remember when, or even how, but I died and Dira delivered me to Leth’s realm. Time passes differently there, I’m not exactly sure how long I served under my lord but I know it has been more then five centuries. I remember the God’s war quite well and this world looks very different then I recall. For example this beautiful city we now sit in did not exist in my time. Instead it was Suva and Treval the great metropolises of the Suvan and Alahea.”

Again he paused trying to read their reactions. These were the first people he had actually spoken to about his past life. The story would likely seem outlandish, unbelievable even, but it was true, and up to them to decide whether or not they put faith in it. Taking another draw from the frothy mug that was nearing its half way mark Akuaysun smiled softly as if he had simply spoke of the weather. “A man gave me the few possessions I have and a handful of the local currency and now I am trying to find a way back home. I have hopes that these Nuit have ties to Dira which allow them to cheat the cycle.”

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Syfec Morbus on August 30th, 2009, 9:20 pm

The tavern seemed no friendlier this night than it had on any other Syfec had come here seeking refuge from his daily routine. Thus, he took a seat at the bar and ordered a drink, downing it in silence, minding his own business. Or so it seemed. He actually had made a hobby out of eavesdropping on other customers. He found that you could learn a lot about something, or someone, by hearing what others had to say about it. It was also ten times as entertaining as a observing the peculiar habits of citizens at the Great Bazaar; another one of Syfec's hobbies.

While scanning the airwaves for a new conversation to invite himself into, he noticed a man, an Akalak, come in and buy 10 drinks. Syfec was immediately interested in what would possess him to buy so many brews. Syfec first conclusion was that he was a drunk, but just moments later he overheard the man placing an offer of a drink to anyone who would converse with him. Syfec considered the offer, but thought to decline at first and just observe what would happen next.

A Myrian took up his offer just moments after it was given. Through the introductions, he was able to glean that the Akalak was a Knight, but that was all. Just after their pleasantries, the two were joined by an Isur and a strange human woman, going by the names of Argis and Nya, respectively. As he listened to their conversation, he considered joining, but waited to hear more before doing so. He learned that the Isur was a craftsman at the Ironworks, hardy surprising, but he also learned that the Myrian was not only a Myrian. He seemed to be something more, and openly admitted it. He had the air of a higher being, though not in a condescending way.

It was at this point that Syfec decided the party was worth joining. He grabbed a chair, pulled it over to the table and introduced himself, "Hello, I am Syfec Morbus. I was wondering if there was any room left at your table..."
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Words: 13441
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nya Winters on August 31st, 2009, 7:53 am

Nya wrapped her long-fingered hands around the mug of ale and sniffed at its earthly aroma. Its foam on the rim caught her eye and she licked at it playfully for a moment while her green eyes scanned the others. Nya was quiet normally, quite willing to listen to what others had to say though she sometimes ask questions as well. Truthfully, she had little knowledge of exactly how to act with these men, so she took the opportunity to study their interactions - posture and body language.

Niall seemed confident to her. She wasn't sure what his race was, because she'd never seen such a dark skinned male with pale eyes. He held himself proudly though, like an alpha, and seemed confident in providing drink for all. The knight treated each individual member of the table with careful attention, favoring not one over the other. She enjoyed that and noted that for future reference.

Argis was an Isur, but she couldn't tell much about him. He didn't speak much and simply clutched his drink and introduced himself quietly. She expected he'd be the type to get well into his cups before he really revealed much about himself. From the metallic smell of him though, she bet he worked in a forge. His words confirmed it, and she nodded to herself.

Akuaysun was more interesting. He spoke a lot, revealing quite a bit about himself to Nya. He was at ease around her, which was unusual since she often made people nervous for no apparent reason they could discern. That meant he knew cats. She'd heard of the Myrians and that they sometimes rode great tigers. Nya wondered what the situation was in Taloba. His words confirmed what she'd heard, but she still wondered if the cats were happy and didn't mind serving the men and women there. Nya was large enough in her Forest Cat guise to serve as a decent mount for someone. She certainly had no problem stalking horses and large elk and bringing them down for a meal. But she'd never actually thought about serving as a mount for someone. The idea wasn't offensive to her though. Nya's father was a kelvic horse who served her mother quite happily. It was in fact the reason she knew a little about horses herself.

The Talderian Forest Cat signed, ran her tongue around the rim of the mug, then dipped her head to lap at its contents before remembering her manners and picking it up to drink. Nya said very little about herself, watching the others. Her life was short, uneventful, and certainly not on par with Akuaysun's... whom she knew now to be some sort of shifter himself.

When Syfec approached, Nya moved over and gave him room to sit on either side of her. He seemed human and refreshingly uncomplicated. She'd watched him watch the group from a distance and had decided he'd most likely come and join it. "There is room. Please, feel free to sit." Nya said softly, her voice a pleasant purr even as the ale in her belly began to loosen her tongue a bit.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)