[Spires Location]The Winding Way (New Arrivals Post Here)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Lyric on October 16th, 2011, 2:26 am

Lyric had been stumbling on in the forest for close to a week, miserable due to the fact she had been alone the whole time. She had just set off on her own from her mother since she had come to the age she could set off on her own now. With no master or mistress she had no direction or way to follow, so she had just started walking. As she walked, her head was drooping, staring at her black paws. While she was spacing out, she clumsily trod on a thorn, causing her to yelp in pain. Grumbling to herself, she sat down and picked it out with her teeth out from between her pads. Walking on for a little while more, she came upon two large trees. As she passed by and walked on, she sensed signs of life other than herself. Ears pricked up, she was on alert for any other living creature. After a short while, she was padding past a tree. Almost missing it, she had to back up a few steps and stare at a tree. There, almost hidden, was a stairway up the tree. Frozen in her tracks, she looked all around her and up the tree. She could see nothing out of the ordinary, but the stairway itched her curiosity. Being able to stand it no longer, she took a few steps up the stares cautiously. After a dozen steps or so, she nearly ran into the legs of something. Looking up, she had to strain her eyes against the sun to make out a guard of some sort. It was a Jamoura. Backing up a step, she tilted her head to the guard. "Welcome. If you wish to enter the city, follow me." He turned and started walking up the steps. Confused for a moment, she blinked. Then as the guard started to put a bit of distance between them, she hurried up and caught up to him. After a while, the trees burst into a city. All around her were the signs of life and other creatures. Mouth a gape in wonder, she continued on dazed into the city.
Have faith in all that you make.

Lyric: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14672.html
Lyric
Player

Words: 1458
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2011, 12:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Bruj on October 25th, 2011, 3:12 pm

1st of Fall 511 AV

Bruj had buried the little girl weeks ago but her image still stuck in his mind, he knew exactly where he was going, the only place he knew he could heal and remember himself, without violence. He was deep in the forest and the trees were getting thicker and higher, he recognised this place more and more, though he hadn’t been here in over four hundred years. He passed the two giant trees and made his way directly to the stairway.

If it had been anybody else, they could have easily missed the stairs but because he was Jamouran, because this was his home, he knew were to go. He wondered if his room was still preserved, or if those he had transformed with were still present. He couldn’t wait to find out, as he got to the stairs, he was greeted by a young Hahk'Shatara. “Ah brother, please proceed”, the young guard knew that those of his kind did not need to be led in the Spires as they knew where to.

Bruj walked into familiar territory, he would go quickly to his homestead and ready himself before he had to deal with the greetings of those he had left behind. He only hoped his room was still his after all this time away.
The more you learn about the dignity of the gorilla, the more you want to avoid people.

- Dian Fossey
Bruj
Player

Words: 4797
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Luxaire Volkov on December 1st, 2011, 12:40 am

89th of Fall 511 AV

As Luxaire continued along the path, she wrapped her cloak around her tightly, it had been a awhile since she had been in areas that brought such a chill in deep fall. Her clothing was thick, but she was thankful she had had enough sense to keep her cloak on her.

Her dark red hair in a braid, Luxaire held everything in her pack, which she carried very gingerly, as if it was her life. And it is, to her. It held all that she had left, since her masters murder, she hasn't been able to live very well with the guilt of the master's death on her shoulders. She had heard of many Kelvics living in this woods, in The Spires.So she figured, she could use a new start, and this city seemed like the best place to start.

Continuing along the path, she shivered slightly, but didn't allow the small movement to bother her. Then, as the winds shifted, new scents assaulted her senses. Her head swiveled as she tried to find the owners of the scents, but that didn't ease her tense muscles. Taking each step slowly, she looked around, her eyes sharp with her tigress's eyesight. And, hidden only by the deceiving etchings of the wood, steps were carved into the tree.

Hope rose in her chest, giving her a sense of weightlessness for a short moment. A smile touched her features, the first in a long time. Senses still alert, she approached the stairs. Walking up them, cautiously, she found a Jamoura waiting, a grin on his ape face.

"Welcome, traveler, you seek the Spires, and they welcome you." He said, his voice deep and cheerful. Turning away, he motioned to deeper into the woods, "follow if you wish, I will lead you to the city."

A smirk of pure happiness, Luxaire eagerly followed. Happy as she took the first few steps as a happy, and hopeful woman.
Luxaire Volkov
Player

Words: 1853
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2011, 7:21 am
Character sheet

Postby Wings on March 17th, 2012, 9:34 pm

The dirt path seems to lead to nowhere, yet it leads to everywhere. The large trees' branches waved at me from their heigh peak.
~Wings~
Wings
Player

Words: 4459
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2012, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Wings on March 17th, 2012, 9:51 pm

1st of Spring, 512 AV
The dirt path seems to lead to nowhere, yet it leads to everywhere. The large trees' branches waved at me from their high peak.

I rode on my horse, Naomi. His tail swished back and forth peacefully. His head bobbed up and down occasionally, but he was calm until we reached the collosal trees. He became nervous and skittish, feeling the eyes of unseen things. I drew my bow, ready to attack whatever there was that was ready to prey on us, but nothing emerged from the shadows. Then I saw them.

It was an almost-hidden winding staircase that wound around the thick trunk. Curiousity compelled me to go to it, up it. I needed a city to live in, and stairs meant a house. No one lived in the open country anymore except daring travelers and suicidal people. A house meant a town, in this case.

I quickly jumped off of my Zavian stallion, tied him to a low-lying branch, and walked up the steps. As soon as my foot touched the well-made stairs, a man with a friendly face welcomed me. I jumped in surprise, for my senses had not warned me of his presense. He led me up the stairs and asked me where I would like to go.

"Where will my horse go?" I asked, concerned for Naomi's safety. I liked that horse, even if I had no need for him.

"To the stables," he kindly replied.

I didn't answer his question, but stared at the city in a mixture of awe and amazment. This will be when life will start, I told myself.

ooc: Ignore the earlier post, please. I didn't mean to send it. Also, am i allowed to rp all around the Spires now?
Last edited by Wings on March 17th, 2012, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Wings~
Wings
Player

Words: 4459
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2012, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Previous