Following the Butterflies (Chamaeleon's Scrapbook)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Chamaeleon on March 16th, 2012, 4:36 am

Isn't that just the cutest? :3 I didn't make it though, although it depicts my character Chamaeleon. No, the fox in the middle is responsible for this work of art. This picture is of Chamaeleon, Roka, and Andalusia. :) I love it, love it, love it.

However, introductions are in order. I am Chamaeleon, with no last name, and I have been known by other names for the past four years, but Chamaeleon is the one I like most. Found Mizahar pretty normally, I suppose, hitting a site called Roleplay Gateway or something where half of the other accounts seem to have been disabled. Mizahar, I am sorry to say, wasn't my first choice, but it quickly became it.

The lore here gets to me. Easily. I log onto the main page there, search up something indistinct like fauna, and find myself transported to amazing regions with incredible beasties that make me wish I had started as a kelvic rather than an Ethaefal.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love my little Ethaefal. I'm kind of plotting out her future, and if I need it, her demise, and she just sits there idling away with a big smile on her face, content to stare at the sky all day.

Now that I think of it, Chamaeleon could very well be birdbrained.

I pretty much decided to make a scrapbook today simply because I wanted somewhere to post when I had time to whittle away at. :3 This will mainly be about Chamaeleon, or various fluffy things like bunnies, or mold, or chicks.

First this, though. I was watching a little animation not too long ago and heard a familiar song that immediately brought to mind Chamaeleon and pretty much the entirety of the Ethaefal race.

Well-known song warning!

I really love that song. Really, makes me think of what I meant for Chamaeleon to be and to feel whenever I think deeply on her.

Anyway. Bye for now!
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on March 17th, 2012, 4:46 am

I think I'm going to start giving Chamaeleon a personality.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on March 17th, 2012, 9:03 am

I like that line of logic.

All the best characters have personalities :P

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Chamaeleon on March 18th, 2012, 6:21 am

Plans for the last of tonight:

Write out a character diamond for Chamaeleon (they seem to be all the rage here)
Study the BBC guide more intensely
Image hunt
Begin a rough copy of a character sheet
Reply to any replies given
Sleep.

I may or may not invest time in personality tests for Chamaeleon.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on March 18th, 2012, 6:40 am

Lusa Delf wrote:To better imitate her near idol, she squinted one eye shut as she followed behind the two. The expression looked quite silly on her deer face, but she didn't care. She kept at what she assumed was a sneaky distance, which was likely not sneaky at all.

Lol. :) Cute deer is cute.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on March 18th, 2012, 9:55 am

Oddly enough, I find that I've spent hours now googling pictures of Emmy Rossum for use as a model for my next PC, who I have decided to name Yaotl. I've read some of the lore, and I've worked a bit on remaking Chamaeleon's CS now that I have her threads caught up, but my time has been mainly consumed by Yaotl and her peppy Ravokian-ness.

While googling Emmy Rossum, of whom I collected a fair number of images for when the time comes and have uploaded them through Snapbucket, I decided to google 'beauty' and see what that well-used website threw at me.

Well, at first I wasn't surprised. The first two pages were dominated by women bathed in cosmetics. I saw foundation, lip colour, eye shadow... I am sure I even saw botox. They were mainly blonde with a smattering of brunnettes, and none were darker than a moderate tan nor thicker than what I would guess is a size six. This is the beauty as classified by the generation of today, where Marylin Monroe herself was a size 14 we have our supermodels and our women straining to be the thinnest they can be. Some people can't help the way their bodies are shaped, I know, but it seems to me like the youth of today are in a violent competition of who can be thinnest fastest before they kick the bucket.

Anyway, I keep going on, and it is in page three that I see a change. One single picture of a woman with a disc in her bottom lip, paint under her eyes, and in traditional garment. I click the image and the caption says something along the lines of 'definition of beauty'.

See, this woman may not be beautiful in the way we see beauty today, but among her tribe she is the epitome of loveliness. Like the peoples that put rings around their necks to make them longer, hers is a beauty from before this time.

I really cant say which is more beautiful between the traditional and the modern. I would say I like them both equally, but that is the answer of a lame-ass who doesn't want to be judged but who will be judged as it is. I would say with honesty that I prefer natural beauty. No cosmetics, no bone piercings, just plain. It's as real as a person will get these days in an age of make-believe.

Anyway, I think I'm set for when I make Yaotl. I know what I want to do with her and what I want her to be like, although I may need to work on a more realistic concept and personality, as with Chamaeleon. I think I'll have her be Shroud as well, so Wrenmae won't be so seemingly lonely anymore as the only Shroud in game.

I don't know. I'm working on it, people.

Anyway, toodles!
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on March 18th, 2012, 10:12 am

Oh, last thing. I said I would draw a picture of that gorgeous trio up there to Roka, and I shall. ;)
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Musca on March 18th, 2012, 10:15 am

I don't actually mind cosmetics- I love the el natural feel, yeah, who doesn't? But precisely because of our era of modern fakeness, women have very little self esteem because they're constantly comparing themselves to the girls that basically have no fat in them. Sometimes, just to feel attractive, we just need that extra boost, you know? The traditional and the modern world is always clashing- but hey, it's always the younger generation's responsibility to keep a cool headed view or else we've got trouble in our hands. Well, good luck with your character development :)
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Chamaeleon on March 20th, 2012, 2:37 am

For the next few days I will be slow to respond due to working on IC and OOC issues.

Plans for Chamaeleon (Longterm):

Manage a clinic with Kalila
Become a well known doctor in Sunberth
Overthrow certain people in Sunberth << *cough cough*
Become blessed by Syna and Leth

Plans for Chamaeleon (Short Term):

Build a doctor clinic with Kalila
Become a practitioner of Hypnotism
Learn Auristics
Make lots of friends within CE
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on March 27th, 2012, 2:53 am

Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next