Facing Nightmarish Memories (Rence Genesis)

Two people suffer the misery of bad pasts resurfacing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Genesis on March 19th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Genesis hesitated to follow him. If she left the thug, he would spread the word and she would be dead before nightfall. He was alone, so he hadn't told anyone so far which was how she wanted to keep it. Without a second thought, Genesis gripped her dagger and jumped up onto her feet. She let out a shriek as she stuck the blade into the thug's back. He gasped, his eyes wide and slowly dimming.

"Told ya," Genesis muttered as she yanked her dagger free. Blood pooled on the once shining surface. With a kick, she launched the man into the canal. He sank to the bottom, a thin cloud of blood following. It was over, done with. Well, atleast for now.

Genesis looked down at her hands which were now shaking, she had been given no choice but she could hardly believe it. She had killed someone. Her eyes snapped up and locked with Rence who appeared both surpassed and bewildered at the same time. He would ask questions, he would want to know. She glanced around, people were staring, it was time to bolt.

"Hurry!" Genesis took a few running steps before launching herself into the canal yards away from the body. Instantaneously she was surrounded by a hazy blue and began propelling her body forward. She heard a splash and sighed with relief.

Together, they swam through the canals, slowly moving farther away from the city center. They clung close to the walls, avoiding being seen. Their clothing slowed them down but neither took the step to shed theirs.

When Genesis was satisfied, she found a small pier for mounting gondolas and other small boats and climbed up. It seemed Ravok loved putting her in situations to make her positively soaked. She collapsed onto the ground, her breathing heavy. As she dripped, a puddle of water formed around her. She looked to Rence, waiting for the interrogation to begin.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 20th, 2012, 12:48 am

Rence clawed his way out of the water gasping for breath. He didn't expect Genesis to jump into the the canal but he understood it was their best chance of escape. Finally he flopped himself on his back and felt his clothes clinging to his body.... Great. So many questions filled his mind and he didn't know where to even start. He needed answers and he knew Genesis had them.

Rence pushed himself up on his elbows and looked over at Genesis meeting her gaze. She looked shaken up, they both were. They were just attacked out of nowhere, why wouldn't they? Rence gave her a smile and looked into her eyes hoping for some answers. Finally he broke the silence, "Ok, um what just happened and more importantly are you ok?" He knew she wasn't, that man was no stranger to he. Was he from her past? Or was he just one of those crazy people from Ravok.
Rence
Player

Words: 7987
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2012, 2:40 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 20th, 2012, 1:04 am

Genesis sighed, she didn't see a way out of telling him. At the very least, he wasn't one of Rhysol's minions. But if he ever told... could she risk it? She pulled herself up and looked him directly in the eye.

"If I tell you, and the words I say EVER leave your lips I will hunt you down and turn you inside out with my dagger," She threatened, her voice panicked and, obviously, defensive. But as the rage left her, it was replaced with a Genesis that simply looked tired and defeated. Staying alive now was like walking on a blade.

"Here in Ravok, they worship Rhysol. He is their god, their one true love. He won't share them with another god. His minions are already violent, and added with a hatred towards those who worship other gods, it's deadly," she began, her eyes closed and her voice soft. "Avalis, the goddess of visions and divination. When I was born, for some reason hidden deep within my chavi, she bestowed on me her mark. When I touch people I can see their past, not crystal clear, but I'm getting better. I can usually find what I want."

She looked at him, gauging his reaction. He didn't seem to get it, just as she hadn't when she first got here. "If they find out, they will want to kill me for their god. As I'm sure you noticed."
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 20th, 2012, 1:37 am

Once she had finished Rence sat there bewildered thinking of all she said. A god who wants his people to be violent and hostile towards others who don't worship him, what's wrong with this Rhysol god?

Rence looked at Gensis confused, she had divine powers? He finally sat up and looked down at his hands, "Well that explained your choice of not shaking my hand." He noticed his voice sounded almost grateful hopefully she didn't catch that. How long could be hide his past from her though?

He shuddered and pushed these thoughts away and stood up still dripping wet. "Well it seems we are in this together because I sure don't believe in this Rhysol guy." Rence covered his hand with his cloak and offered her it to help her up. "Don't worry, if you see something I am sure I can trust you with it." Rence gave her a reasurring smile. "Also we need to find shelter and some fresh clothes." Rence laughed looking at their soaked clothes.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 20th, 2012, 1:51 am

Luckily, Genesis remained mostly blind when his hand yanked her up. She saw blood... but not enough to get any ideas. At least he seemed... supportive. He was right though, they needed to get off the streets. "Follow me."

She led him over bridges and down narrow streets until they came to an old stone building. A sign existed out front labeled 'Chavena Fortunes by Genesis'. She pulled a key out of her deep pockets and slid it into the hole. She motioned for him to follow as she slipped inside, relocking behind them. Once he sat at one of her chairs where she normally conducted readings, she made them some tea. She didn't know what else to do.

"I can't believe I killed him! At least it's Ravok, no one cares. But still..." she mumbled, her head on the table as she sat across from him
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 20th, 2012, 2:07 am

Rence pulled his cloak closer and accepted the tea gratefully taking a sip. It was delicious. He sat there watching her with her head down not knowing really what to do. "Hey don't worry about it. He attacked and you needed to use self defense, no big deal." She looked up and their eyes met and seemed to have a moment, odd.

Rence shook it off and started looking around, "So you own this place? It's very nice." Rence got up and started to fiddle with some of the things nearby, hopefully she didn't mind.

Soon he stared to review what had happened today in his mind and a question popped in his mind. Finally he say back down across from her and asked looking right into her eyes, "Did you see anything when I helped you up?" He felt bad how he said it so rudely, "I'm sorry it's just that...." Rence's voice trailed off and he looked away.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 20th, 2012, 2:12 am

Genesis looked up at him, her eyes almost humorous. "Rence, everyone has secrets. Things they don't want the world to know. Many don't realize at first how far they'd go to keep those things hidden. Of all people, I know. I've had a... colorful past," she admitted, hoping he wouldn't ask questions. It was almost cute how he worried, it said a lot about his personality.

He rummaged around her things, picking up runestones and her glossy tarot cards. They were magical, at least in her hands. They were her only peep hole into the future that lied ahead. But still, she could never rely on them too much.

"And no, nothing of consequence. I saw blood all over you but I don't think there's a chavi out there these days without that image," Genesis relieved him. He was a nervous fellow, at least he was today.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 20th, 2012, 2:26 am

Rence heard the humor in her voice and the mention if her past. He was tempted to ask about it but thought it best that he didn't.

Rence went pale and started to shake ever so slightly."Blood... He felt sick thinking of the horrible memories that day cursed him with. Rence stared at his tea trying to not show the tears and the weakness that was forming in his eyes. After a few moments he got himself together, cleared his throat, and said,"I'm sorry you had to see that. Also sorry, it must be hard seeing some of the things you probably have."

Rence looked up finally and when he looked at her he seemed to feel better, almost stronger. He didn't think he would say this ever again but he was glad he met her.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 20th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Genesis looked around, unsure what to do. A strange man was taking refuge in her shop, what should she do? "Rence, since your here, do you want your fortune told?" she offered, Genesis could always use a little practice,

Every since she had moved here, she hadn't had the time to do anything but her profession. It was a little lonely actually,especially since she had no family, no close friends. But still, she was use to it. A life like hers...

"And I can see it in your face, don't think I'm a good person. I'm really not.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 20th, 2012, 11:24 pm

"So you think, I see you as a bad person." Rence let out a little chuckle and continued, Gotta say you seem fine to me. I mean you let a complete stranger into your home, here has to be good in you somewhere." Rence did feel a little unsafe though, what if she wasn't? Great hopefully I won't need to protect myself from her.

Rence looked down at his hands and mumbeled, "My fortune?" He was hesitant for he felt he already knew his, a bad life forever but I guess he could let her. "Sure, I guess you can if you want. Need me to do anythin for it?" He has never had his fortune told before so he had no idea what to expect.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext