[Musca/Miana's Scrapbook] Space Potato

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Musca/Miana's Scrapbook] A Contradiction

Postby Musca on March 20th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Can we just take a moment to appreciate fantasy books?
tooferspurlock:

“Fantasy books were more than an escape; they were a chance for me to see the potential for the real world around me. In fantasy books, Alanna proved herself as the equal of any man and yet retained her identity as a proud woman. In fantasy books, Hermione was the one people deferred to in matters of intellect and education, and when she didn’t know something, she found out for herself rather than seek out a higher and inevitably male authority. In fantasy books, Millie had enough self-respect to turn down the placed-on-a-pedestal life of a goddess in favor of the life of an ordinary woman who was appreciated for who she was instead of what she represented. In fantasy books, Sabriel was proactive and struck out on her own in order to save her home and her father, surviving on her wits and personal strength rather than drawing on the strength of the patriarchy. Nita could contribute just as much to the world as her male counterpart could and earned respect (rather than scorn) because of it; her powerhouse of a sister blew the notion of what could and couldn’t be contributed wide open.”

Fantasy books aren’t just sources of wish fulfillment. They’re both outlets for frustration and tools to cope with it. They teach you how to respect yourself and appreciate the world around you as well as the people in it. They give kids new ideas about potential, about what they could do or want to do, and how they want to be treated as well as how they want to treat others. Fantasy books create an entirely new world and in doing so hand a new perspective to their readers on a silver platter. In short, for all that they are unrealistic and fantastic and oftentimes downright bizarre, fantasy books are for many young readers the keys to reality. The things they teach extend outward into a reader’s environment, curling around their consciousness and shifting the boundaries and limitations that one confronts every day until one day readers realize that the seeming impossibilities are in fact tricks of perception; even though they may never wave a wand or talk to animals or become a knight, they can still in so many beautiful and unexpected ways do anything that they want to do.
Last edited by Musca on April 18th, 2012, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Musca on March 20th, 2012, 9:31 pm

I personally adore the Arctic Monkeys. I love the roughness of their initial albums- especially this album. It just screams 'youth', you know? By all rights, their old songs seems like the typical garage music- just a bunch of teenagers playing for the sake of playing. Yet, maybe it's the lyrics, maybe it's Alex turner's voice or the modulation in their songs, it just works. Brilliantly. The 'garage music' (my step father dubbed it as) made everyone around them fall in awe of their level of awesomeness now. I wish I could love their new song though- they're a bit more polished, it lacks that youthful charm and is seeming more like experimental music. But hey, the new album is pretty cool. Not the new song though (the music video is awesome though).

Here's some acid jazz:

Last edited by Musca on April 18th, 2012, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Musca on March 20th, 2012, 9:55 pm

How do you organise a space party?
YOU PLANET
oh, oh- excuse me while I try to piece together my splitting sides.
Last edited by Musca on April 18th, 2012, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Musca on April 3rd, 2012, 3:43 pm

ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT TO TAKE UP THE GUITAR TO SCORE SOME SEXYTIMES-

Give up on the idea now.

Pick up a cello instead.

Bitches love cellos.

Proof:

Screw the guitar- did you see that bow break?

Yeah, that's right.

Cello. Now
Last edited by Musca on April 18th, 2012, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Roka on April 13th, 2012, 3:03 am

Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 17th, 2012, 9:57 am

Good jazz is good.

Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on April 17th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Yessss!

I applaud your jazz.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Musca on April 18th, 2012, 1:01 pm

- by Willy Hwang
I am amazed.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mara on April 18th, 2012, 7:39 pm

There can never be too many gifs!

"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain"
Mara
A spider web it's tangled up with me

Words: 167085
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 18th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Things that may or may not Make me Look Cooler
As promised, here's a couple of pics of my favourite things (yes, materialism) with little notes on the side that explains why I like it and/or the memories associated with said objects. I hope this will be a way to fill in that 'impersonal' crap that my scrap is starting to become.... that was sort of, not really, maybe my intention from the start. *looks away*

Picture Notes
Image If it's not obvious, this is a picture of a sketch book that a friend gave me as a birthday gift. Honestly, I've only really used it once- and that was when I drew a cupboard for the friend that gave it to me as a 'gift'. For some reason, she was really happy to get the sketch. Strange kid. Anyway, despite being severely underused, I'm rather in love with it. I love the sketch on the cover- it's simple, elegant and quirky enough to be unique. Also, the size and the amount of pages are just perfect. My friend, being a nice and awesome person, also wrote a little note on the first page as a little extra gift. Yes, I jumped on her and called her awesome. Once I get over my laziness and some extra shit, I'll draw on it. And then post it in my scrap, burning all your eyes in the process. I suggest you guys come prepared, whoever you are.
Image Meet my guitar folks- probably the only cool thing I own. Its a Fender Stratocaster Squier (Obey Propaganda series) that I crudely nicknamed "Poppy" in a haze of confusion during a debate with another friend on the topic of nicknaming inanimate objects. Similarly, this was also the event where my neglected teddy bear was given a spontaneous name of "Ken", but that's another story. Although I love my guitar (I mean c'mon, it's pretty kickin'), I don't often play it as much as I used to. Why? Half of the reason is because I'm more of an acoustic person and also because my location isn't really suited for loud cool electric guitar music. Another promise I'll probably fail to meet: once I practise a song enough, I'll post it in youtube and put it here, so all you lurkers can judge my proficiency in the guitar. Oh yea.
Image This little Irish figurine is amongst my most treasured and oldest items. In every country hopping and town skipping my family has done, my little leprechaun has always been with me ever since that nice Lollipop Lady gave it to me in Belfast when I was around 8-9 years old, back when I was cute and bouncy and told off silly boys who cussed me out for being too uptight. No joke. I actually went up to them and started fights over their little potty mouths. Good times. I have another trinket with a leprechaun too- but that one isn't really mine to share. Maybe some other time. :)
Image I call this my "hipster sweater". It's the itchiest motherfucking sweater in the world. And also the warmest. And the cutest. Screw the hipster-ishness of it, it's adorable..... inside the house. Where no one can see me wearing it.
Last edited by Musca on April 20th, 2012, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext