Alistair deGrey

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on December 25th, 2009, 12:07 pm

"Made by masterful minds and the mad hands of men."

Table of Contents

Description, Concept, and History

Basic Information
"I have never fancied myself so much a philosopher as when I was a gadgeteer. Such is human ambition."

Race: Human
Birthday & Age : Winter of 481, 13th day. 28 years of age.
Deity: Eyris (Pending)

Physical Description
"Those who evaluate another based on appearance do so out of necessity. It is difficult to compare intelligence and heart when you have none."
I am not remarkable in appearance. My hair is black, and I while I do not always keep it short, I have recently cut my hair to suit my business position in Syliras. My eyes, well I would call them gray under most circumstances. However, sometimes my eyes appear to take on pigments of green or blue to observers. I stand at approximately 1.8 meters (5’11”) and would estimate my weight at about 68 kg (149.5 lbs). I used to be quite thin, however a steady income and a real diet (as opposed to fish and kelp beer) has allowed me to return to a normal weight. In addition to that, I've put on quite a bit of muscle due to the nature of about half my work. Of course, it is not exactly bulging, but it is there.

Often times I wear a black tunic and pants, and have a coat for travel or cold weather. The black, I have found, it extremely practical for my business. It is much easier to conceal ash or philter or grease spilled on black clothes than on many other colors. Oh, and they're slimming as well.

I do have one, interesting, feature though. An unsavory portion of my past left me with some scars. Said scars take the forms of various, well, glyphs on my torso. Initially the madman used ink, but felt compelled reinforce his designs with etchings. As painful as it was for quite a while, all that remains is a set of pink carvings on my upper body.

Character Concept
"Why is it we love to speak of ourselves so much?"

Analysis is an entertaining topic. When one is faced with a challenge to work out and solve, there is a certain thrill that your head pipes through your bones. This is not limited to external topics, as a side note. Not everything I have discovered about myself is pleasant, but it is worth the unsavory aftertaste.

Problems and Systems. I enjoy them, simply put. There is always a small thrill when I am presented with a particularly difficult task and asked to solve it. It is, as far as I know, not a matter of acknowledgment. Rather, I feel pleasure from the more intrinsic reward of rendering aid and accomplishment. Often when solving something, I find nonlinear thinking to be a great asset. Things don't always line up like soldiers, more often you must sift through chaos to find meaning.

Learning. It is immensely important. Collecting information and knowledge is a task in life that should be ongoing. What is even the point of living if you aren't constantly consuming the vast wealth of information that saturates the world around us? Its stagnation. It is a little bit of an obsession. Occasionally, I find it to be an interesting exercise to simply grab some notation materials and observe the world pass. Recording X, documenting Y. It is astounding what small insights we can make from innocuous topics. Nothing need be grandiose and over the top, for there is something to be discovered everywhere you look.

I try to conceal it as best as possible, but my moods are like quick silver. I've tried hard to hold onto anger, to grasp at happiness, cling to melancholy. But I cannot. It resembles more of a flash of lightning, brief, intense, then fading away to black. Memories hold great sway over me as well, summoning emotions buried beneath years of sediment. It is not pleasant, it is beyond my control. But I try.

I enjoy solitude much of the time. There are of course a few people I enjoy spending time with, but while I may keep up during the interaction, I always feel drained by it soon after. Not everybody is fit for politics I suppose. Solitude does not necessarily mean being the only person or noise in the room either. Sitting on a bench, just observing, constitutes being alone as far as I am concerned. But then again, sometimes people try to strike a conversation...

ImageWe all have fears, and things we do not relish. I confess, I am no different. While I would be hard pressed to reveal it to another, I am terrified of Rowan Cedany. There is no logic to him. His is the epitome of insanity, and he scares me. I absolutely cannot predict what flows through his addled brain. I suppose that could be expanded, I fear loss of control. I fear Cedany because I cannot attribute a logic, however obscure, to his actions. I do not drink, for I do not enjoy the feeling. I am the sole creator of my machines, nobody else is allowed dominion over my work. Yes, it is clear. I cannot lose control, it is unthinkable.

Hatred. Hatred is a strong word for what I feel toward the people I hate. Yes they do things to irritate me, regularly. But when they are not committing crimes against my sensitivities, it is more of an apathy. I would simply rather not converse with somebody if they did not appeal to me. Who are these people I "hate"? Those without passion, without inspiration. People who allow themselves to stagnate in bloody cess pools like so many gallons of piss. These are the people who irritate me. I do not understand why they do such to themselves. Despite my vexation, I will always help them. Why? Its a small hope of mine, burning deep within me, to fix these people. But I doubt it will happen.

Oh, I don't like wizards either. It is not as if I have suffered at the hands of a magician's madness before though, so I suppose this is a little unreasonable. Though I dislike a good deal of magi, I confess it is not impossible for one to writhe their way onto a better light. But not without effort.

I enjoy some people. The people who have passion, those who are curious.

Passion is always an attractive trait. If one was to ask a dilettante of passion, she would falter. She would then ask the plebeian, but the plebeian does not recall. The plebeian would ask society, but society would only stare in confusion. No, it is the artisans, the academics, the studious, the people that the masses trample, that have passion. Those that do not need recognition to love their craft. The people that create because they enjoy it.

Those that concern themselves with knowledge and learning, the curious people, are also strongly attractive. There is such a vast amount of information to be had from them, they are a living book. Each person is like a small well that one must dive into and extricate hidden information. Their experiences, their bailiwick, their life. Curious people are strange, odd, just a little bit out of society's grasp. They do not concern themselves with others, they just are. That is admirable to me, and I wish I could join them outside.

Character History
"An autobiography, how pretentious."
My father was a magician. My mother was a slave. Fendril deGrey and deGrey, the torturer and the tortured. Outside of our house, my father was a well respected mage among the intellectuals of Zeltiva. However, when he retired to our abode, a storm was unleashed. I never saw him beat her, but eventually I grew wise, saw the bruises on her body, purple splotches a mute testimony of her inner strength. Neither of us ever knew why Fendril did it, more common were fists than words between them. Despite my mother’s abuse, my father adored me. He would often take me with him to the academy while he worked, show me small feats of prestidigitation, and purchase gifts for me. For the first ten years of my life, my father was my best friend and my mother’s worst enemy.

Then he sent me to an apprenticeship. His father before him had sought tutelage underneath a master, and his father before that. It was now time for the son to carry on the legacy. Fendril considered it the crowning achievement of his life, to cart me off to be another magician’s slave for five or more years. Fendril you see, despite being a magician himself, firmly believed in bringing new magical knowledge into the legacy, and thus I would not learn underneath my father. So there I was ten years old and waving goodbye to my father. I was off to see Rowan Cedany.

Rowan Cedany was my father’s co-apprentice while he studied. The two had worked tirelessly under the tyrannical eye Master Greim, a somewhat roguish if not powerful magician. Of the two budding magi, Fendril was by far the more capable. It was not that Cedany lacked ability; it was that he lacked focus. Where Fendril was steadfast as a mountain in his studies, Cedany resembled a small stream. His brain was absolutely everywhere, into morphing, magecrafting, anti-magical paraphernalia, skinning, architecture, Cedany was a veritable dilettante. So while my father progressed his studies in leaps and bounds, Rowan was left in the dust. This did not mean they were not amiable with each other though, by no means, the two were great friends.

The first three years of my apprenticeship were a farce. Cedany had me running pointless errands, memorizing magical jargon, practicing djed control, and other topics that really should have been encompassed in several months. It seemed as if Cedany’s scattered brain had never really collected itself off the floor. What worse, at some points it seemed as if he had gone insane. Some nights I would wake in cold sweats to see him standing four or five feet away from me, blankly staring while meaningless words poured from his mouth. Occasionally I could see his darker personality on his sleeve, where great bouts of anger spurted forth at any nearby organism. But for the most part, I would clean his laboratory and peruse the same old books, while he sat hunched over in that dank study of his, writing. What he was writing, I had not a clue.

But then his Magnum Opus materialized, I remember him nearly tripping over himself as he ran from his study with the papers he’d been scrawling on for so long. The noise was immense, and the following few days we spent in a drunken stupor did nothing to lessen the excitement. He threw a grand masquerade to celebrate the “great leap forward of magic and science.” We purchased a pair of masks for that ball: his the leering visage of comedy, mine the dour face of tragedy. I was fifteen.

The next four or five months presented strange new experiences. The djed manipulation and memorization continued, but now I was covered in glyphs. Every other day, Cedany would take his paints and reinforce a strange set of glyphs on my skin. It was a bizarre experience, his pinched face closely examining my skin, a grin of satisfaction as he completed his work. ”Yes my boy, all in good time.”

The first time he carved me was horrific. He had drugged my tea, and the first thing I recall after waking was that I could not move. I sat there strapped to Cedany’s table, shirtless and completely paralyzed. The ink that had been applied to my skin shone wet in the torchlight. Rowan Cedany appeared above me, stretching his arm out of sight to grab something. I recall his mouth moving, mumbling something to himself. Then it began. The insane magician procured a grisly dagger, and began to trace the runes on my body with it. Over and over, he cut my skin, reinforcing his designs. I could not scream, I could not react, all I that existed was this knife and the blood trickling down my side.

Several months of this passed. He refused to allow me to leave, keeping the door protected with glyphs and locks. I never knew when I was going to be drugged, everything was unsafe. Whenever I asked him, pleaded him, to know what was happening, he would only reply, ”This is progress my son, a necessary evil.” Always the same words, always the same tone. Every now and again he would imbibe immense amounts of alcohol, occasionally leaving deGrey alone in the darkness.

The runes eventually became part of me, a burden I was unwilling to bear. I knew that they had to do with his master work, but what he would never tell me. Yet one night, an opportunity had presented itself. Cedany departed that night to a gala, and would not return until the early morning. I ransacked the man’s office, searching desperately for those mysterious papers. What I saw that night saved my life.

Page upon page of completely senseless babble, interjected here and there with notes on magical theory (which my books verified as incorrect) assaulted me when I found the parchments. I threw what must have been twenty pages aside before I found relevance. The last page was partially dominated by a diagram of a human with glyphs inlaid on his body. Scribbled next to it was a small notation. How to make a truly sentient golem. Fools think it impossible, but I have discovered the way. The next few lines were smeared beyond recognition, Simply steal a man’s intelligence, and put it into the golem! A combination of magecrafting and animation, it is as simple as that. This is the true meaning of progress, I shall bring about a- and more babble. That was it.

I ripped the papers into small shreds and threw them into Cedany’s fireplace. The small flame conflagrated his madness, illuminating the room. It was absolute insanity, even I knew Rowan could not do this. Not only was Rowan a mediocre animator, but I wasn’t entirely sure his plan was possible. So I ran. I grabbed my meager possessions and Rowan’s savings of five hundred gold Mizas, and tried the door. As soon as I touched the heavy wooden frame, a great gust of wind surged forth from it and knocked me over. It had not been half a second when the door began to scream, emanating a piercing wail. I was sure Cedany would know I was escaping now. I scrambled back to my feet and tried the door. Locked.

I tore through his office drawers, finding a small key ring. I tried every key, eventually finding the correct one. I threw open the door, the first time I had smelled fresh air in three months. Wasting no time, I dashed away. I am not entirely sure, but I believe I heard Rowan Cedany scream as I lost myself in the city of Zeltiva. I was sixteen.

Over the next couple of months, I found work with a minor fishing company. The pay was astonishingly meager. I had enough income to afford myself food, a mold ridden apartment, and classes at the University of Zeltiva. Over the following years I attempted to scratch out a living as best I could without bringing notice to myself.

I knew that Rowan and Fendril lurked the halls like insanity’s shadow, and I took great pains to avoid them. Never was I separated from a group, and I lived in fear that either of them would attain a position of actual authority in the college. But said event never occurred. I knew why Rowan detested me, but I was almost at a loss as to why my father sympathized with the insane magician. Regardless, they made the next twelve years at the university a constant trial of awareness. I tried as best I could to scrape out more money, but I could only afford one class every few months at my current income. But still the years drug on, every day an effort to conceal my departure from the academy, and stay hidden from Cedany.

Despite the fear that traced my steps, it was at the university that I discovered science. Science was, to me, the anathema of magic. Everything made sense, and assumptions were never drawn. Insane theories did not appear from nowhere, everything had to have logic. So my classes revolved around mathematics, physics, and engineering, my newfound passion. I developed a craving for knowledge, stretched my finances to transparency.

It was worth it though. Every time I stepped into a class, I was greeted not only by the anticipation of information, but by a beautiful woman. Magnolia Eirinn was a student hailing from Syliras, the daughter of a miner or some such. She had been sent to Zeltiva to study mathematics and engineering, to be an asset for her father’s business. Her and I spoke with each other early and often, thinking nothing of it, but I knew many whispered about our relationship. It was strange because she was a lovely, raven haired beauty, garbed in fine dress and of wealthy background; yet I dressed in the plainest of clothes, refused to speak of his family, and clearly had little money. We represented two disparate ends of the social spectrum, and yet I fell in love.

Cedany killed her. Never have I or will I feel so void, so empty. After I found her hand and a note on my doorstep, the world went black. Upon waking, I recall crying for how long I do not know. Pain stabbed at my heart, lancing through me as Cedany’s hand attacked me where I could not stop it. It hurt. It hurt so badly. But I knew I had to leave Zeltiva, he knew where I lived.

But retribution surged through my nerves, telling my tear wracked body just what needed to be done. So I purchased torches and alchemist’s fire and torches, and set fire to Rowan Cedany’s disgusting abode. It still hurt; I could still feel his insane hand squeezing my heart, asphyxiating me, as I stole into the night.

It was reported as arson, but the culprit was not found. Fire does its job well. Everywhere I went news of the arson had preceded me; crime was exceedingly rare in Zeltiva. In the days that followed Rowan’s pursuit grew increasingly more dogged, and I found myself plagued by his constant reminders that he was there, and he was still experimenting. I was not even sure he wanted me to die anymore. I moved apartments every few months, but he still found me and left his flesh presents on my doorstep. Between the classes at Zeltiva, ignoring Cedany, and the roiling anguish I felt over Magnolia, I became drained. I stopped eating for long periods of time, throwing myself into the last two years of my studies.

I had become lean and wan, but I was finished. The tragedy of Magnolia had recessed itself, I was convinced that I had not actually been in love, and that life might very well move on. Disillusioned, I sought escape from the small reminders that called forth despair, making me forget that I wasn’t in love. I sought escape from the madness of Cedany, from the anguish of Magnolia, from the insanity of magic. I went to Syliras.
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on June 13th, 2010, 12:19 am, edited 39 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Re: Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on December 29th, 2009, 12:49 am

Skills, Lores, and Languages

Skills
"It is not a matter of who we are or who we know, its about what we can do."

Gadgeteering - Creating and designing complex mechanical devices.
I enjoy engineering machines. The challenge is all encompassing and consuming, I must say. I find the ability to create with naught but my hands and mental power a thing of beauty. There is a great deal of skill and complexity involved when engineering devices. The ability to keep a calm and sharp mind when navigating a veritable maze of parts is a must.
Start Racial Trained Total Rank
13 15 19 47 Competent

ImageMathematics - I think Mathematics to be hugely important in not only endeavours within my field of expertise, but in day to day affairs. How an entrepreneur can run his business properly without rudimentary mathematics training is beyond me. It also seems to me that this particular area seems to explain certain things about how the world works. For example, we can calculate how fast objects fall with math. I do not know fully, I will have to investigate this later.
Start Trained Total Rank
10 9 19 Novice

Metalworking - I will not lie, metalworking is not my favourite topic to discuss. However, it is crucial to my success as an inventor. Speaking candidly, a machinist that does not know how to work metal or wood is no machinist at all. Regardless of its necessity, I find it not at all enjoyable.
Start Trained Total Rank
10 9 19 Novice

Carpentry - Of the same stuff as Metalworking, carpentry is yet another means to an end. However, metalworking does seem to produce the more important component. As well, woodworking gets sawdust on my floor.
Start Trained Total Rank
5 4 9 Novice

Drawing - Not nearly as distasteful as metalworking, yet not nearly as necessary. If I could I would gladly invest the time I spend forging components into drawing. Regretful. There is something I can't quite put into words about my sketches. I suppose, it is in the idea of it. I can bring my inventions and concepts to life without ever building them. Fantastic flights of fancy, sometimes literally, are entirely possible when I take to the pen.
Start Trained Total Rank
7 6 13 Novice

ImagePhiltering - Ah yes what a fascinating subject philtering is. Its as complex and almost as fascinating at inventing and engineering. Limitless combinations can be brought about with the ingredients found in the world around us. I find it very unfortunate that this area of study has almost been monopolized by cooks and herbalists. There could be fascinating combinations with my machines I think. This is quite the area of interest for me.
Start Trained Total Rank
5 6 11 Novice

Business - A necessary evil in my opinion. Business is so fluid and imprecise, but one must still conduct it to be successful. I find it exceedingly difficult to predict the trends of the business world. Perhaps I will learn.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 2 2 Novice

Interrogation - One inevitably gets accustomed to prying information from the unwilling when your business rests upon said knowledge! However, I admit my interrogative skills are sorely lacking. I know enough to know that there is a wealth of information I do not know.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 5 5 Novice

Negotiation - It is indubitable, I always learn more from my stunning failures than my roaring successes. Which is why I find myself surprised I do not know quite a bit more about negotiation.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 4 5 Novice

Carving - Similar to woodworking, but here I deal more with shaping wood to how I would like to see it, as opposed to creating a structure of machine from wood components. Its art versus engineering. Although, the two are not quite as juxtaposed as one might expect.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 2 2 Novice

Writing - I confess I have not much experience in writing beside the documentation of concepts and notes. I also must say I am not skilled at it by any means. However, it it a forte I would like to explore further.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 3 3 Novice

Body Building - An excellent byproduct of some aspects of my career.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 1 1 Novice

Seduction- small cough Well... Yeah.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 8 8 Novice

Rhetoric - Conversational twists and elaborate dialogs have allowed me a small amount of experience in the field of rhetoric.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 2 2 Novice

Anthropology - Time and time again humanity stuns me. Whenever I examine our society I am not only appalled but fascinated. I see it as my task to work for humanity while remaining detached from it. For if I wrap myself in its fabric, I will inevitably become another unthinking part of it.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 1 1 Novice

Observation - Taking notice of the world around me is something I find enjoyable, though I confess I have found myself rather unpracticed in the art.
Start Trained Total Rank
0 1 1 Novice

Lore
"Our memories compose us, not the other way around."

Lore - Academic Systems
Lore - Basic Magical Terminology
Lore - Buying Pottery
Lore - Benshira Pottery Decorations
Lore - Fire Pits
Lore - Flirting Despite being an Awkward Genius
Lore - Letting Someone In
Lore - Discovering Hope
Lore - Falling in Love
Lore - Being Proposed to
Lore - Waterproofing
Lore - Drunken Customers
Lore - Dangers of Molten Metal
Lore - Protecting Supplies from the Rain
Lore - Epic Romance
Lore - Dealing with Curious and Precocious People
Lore - The Alloy of a Kiss
Lore - Magnetism of Marriage
Lore - Equal Partnerships
Lore - Wisdom of Elders

Languages
Idioms and italics, capitalization, pronouns, and verbs. So much to learn about language. Astounding that its completely arbitrary as well.
    - Fluent Common
    -Competent Ancient Tongue
    -Broken Vani

Mod Reference Sheet :
    It was requested that I create a reference sheet for a mod to quickly view when awarding experience.
    Skills
      -Gadgeteering: 47
      -Mathematics: 19
      -Metalworking: 19
      -Drawing: 13
      -Carpentry: 9
      -Philtering: 11
      -Business: 2
      -Interrogation: 6
      -Negotiation: 4
      -Carving: 2
      -Writing: 3
      -Seduction: 6
      -Body Building: 1
      -Rhetoric: 2
      -Anthropology: 1
      -Observation: 1

[/list]
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on June 11th, 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on April 9th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Inventory & Possessions

General Equipment
"It is only stuff. The stuff of machines, the stuff of society, the stuff of stars. Needed and unwanted."

# Article Category Notes Cost Date Acquired

1 Cotton Tunic Clothing Simple enough, this is a black cotton shirt. 5 sm 2.S.510
2 Cotton Breeches Clothing Read above, now apply it to my waist and below. 2 sm SP
3 Cotton Coat Clothing A duster type coat littered with intricate designs 5 sm 2.S.510
4 Undergarments Clothing This should be obvious N/A SP
5 Wool Cloak Clothing Useful whilst laying wet and freezing in various places N/A SP
6 Low Boots Clothing Wet feet are absolutely wretched. N/A SP
7 Leather Belt Clothing Keeps my tunic tucked and breeches up N/A SP
8 Lantern Lab Eqpt. Provides portable light 10 sm 47.W.509
9 Violin Instrument A beautiful stringed instrument 13 gm 33.S.510
10 Pre-Valterrian Brick Misc. Found in submerged Suvan ruins 45 gm 37.S.510

Lab Equipment
"Wait a minute... That should not be doing that!"
1 Glass Vial, 20 Lab Eqpt. Holds small doses of substances 4 cm 47.W.509
2 Flask, 5 Lab Eqpt. Superb for mixing 50 cm 47.W.509
3 Grad. Cyl., 3 Lab Eqpt. Measures volume 6 cm 47.W.509
4 Distiller, 2 Lab Eqpt. Purifies and Reduces 70 gm 47.W.509
5 Canning Jar, 5 Lab Eqpt. Stores my tinctures 50 cm 47.W.509
6 Bottle, 10 Lab Eqpt. Mixing, Storing, Selling 10 cm 47.W.509
7 Serving Bowl, 2 Lab Eqpt. Holds a small Fire 50 sm 47.W.509

Books
"I enjoy books. There is something to be said for the forgotten pieces of knowledge that fall between the grates of society."

# Book Title Subject Cost Date Acquired
1 Principles of Engineering Engineering & Gadgetry 25 gm 52.W.509
2 Introductory Philtering Philtering 30 gm 52.W.509
3 Vostros' Manuscript of Toolsmithing Blacksmithing 20 gm 52.W.509
4 Basic Geometry Mathematics 25 gm 54.W.509
5 A Treatise on Eyris' Axioms Mathematics 25 gm 54.W.509
6 The Basics of Shipbuilding Shipbuilding 20 gm 54.W.509
7 An Architectural Analysis of Ahnatep Architecture 50 gm 37.S.510
8 Introductory Philtering Vol. III Philtering 30 gm 37.S.510
9 Religious Affairs of Post-Valterric Deities Religion 15 gm 37.S.510
10 Destrittan's Demonstrative Drafting Guide Mathematics/Drafting 20 gm 37.S.510
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on May 14th, 2010, 8:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on April 9th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Mechanical Marvels

Notable Inventions
My menagerie.

Tribute to Eyris - A small bow to the Goddess of Knowledge in the form of a water feature. From the 35th on, one would see this tall silver structure take up most of an entire wall of Mechanical Marvels. The front is composed of a silver sheet, with a gold book and mobius strip inlaid into it. Scented water trickles down the front, which must be changed each season. In addition to the scents the water feature presents, a small tune is played on a pair of bongos via water dripping from a height of nine feet.

Tools
While a man is not necessarily as good as his equipment, having well made tools definitely helps.

Forthcoming

Business Agreement
Society seems to enjoy forcing itself upon my operations.

Original Document

Shop Title: Tinker's Shop
Attending Knight: Grandmaster Dyres
Agreement: Use of shop and equipment within in exchange for complete profits from the shop. Funding will be provided in the amount of 500 gold miza a season with 500 gold miza to start up provided that profits from the shop return, after costs, at least 250 gold miza a season or higher.
Salary: 8 GM to Alistair deGrey
Additional Salary: 7 GM for assistants
Void: Contract can be voided at any time by the Syliran Knights, and will be immediately voided if the undersigned is arrested for any reason within the city of Syliras.

Ammendment #1 - 1.Spring.510 AV - Addition of a 250 gold Miza bonus per season to wages.

Ammendment #2 - 1.Summer.510 AV - Addition of 200 square feet (10x20 room) to Mechanical Marvels' property.

Project Linkmap
Make X for Y, Make Y for X, the requests, the demands, the pleas.
Documentation beginning 1.Spring.510 AV

Repeating Crossbow - Created 2.S.510 AV - [Mechanical Marvels] Upgrade (Ali)
Tribute to Eyris - Created 30.S.510 AV through 35.S.510 AV - [Mechanical Marvels] A Fitting Tribute
Boot Knife - Created 55.S.510 AV - [Mechanical Marvels]A bottle, a boot, and an idea
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on June 5th, 2010, 12:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on April 9th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Ledger

Personal Ledger
"A brief history of the great coin devourer, and its interaction with a book."

Transaction #1 - Date N/A - Beginning Gold
100 gm (starting package) + 500 gm (shelter cashed in)
Final Balance: 600 gm

Transaction #2 - 47.W.509 - Glassworks
For: Store equipment
Total Expenditure: 80 gm
Beginning Balance: 600 gm
Transaction: 600 gm - 80 gm = 520 gm
Final Balance: 520 gm

Transaction #3 - 49.W.509 - The Feathered Shaft
For: Request component
Total Expenditure: 50 gm
Beginning Balance: 520 gm
Transaction: 520 gm - 50 gm = 470 gm
Final Balance: 470 gm

Transaction #4 - 52.W.509 - Undeniable Interest
For: Books
Total Expenditure: 75 gm
Beginning Balance: 470 gm
Transaction: 470 gm - 75 gm = 395 gm
Final Balance: 395 gm

Transaction #5 - 54.W.509 - Purdue's Books
For: Books
Total Expenditure: 70 gm
Beginning Balance: 395 gm
Transaction: 395 gm - 70 gm = 325 gm
Final Balance: 325 gm

Transaction #6 - 92.W.509 - Winter Income and Expenses
For: Compensation.
Total Revenue: 520 gm (8 (Daily Income) x 65 (Days worked))
Total Expenses: 102 (1.5 (Common) x 68 (Days spent in Syliras))
Transaction: 325 gm + 520 gm = 845
Transaction: 845 gm - 102 gm = 743 gm
Final Balance: 743 gm

Transaction #7 - 2.S.510 - Cost of Goods - Reloading Crossbow - Pua
For: Light Crossbow
Total Expenditure: 20 gold
Transaction: 743 gm - 20 gm = 723 gm
Final Balance: 723 gm

Transaction #8 - 2.S.510 - Clothing
For: Tunic, Pants, Coat
Total Expenditure: 1 gm, 2 sm
Transaction: 743 gm - 1.2 gm = 741.8 gm
Final Balance: 741.8 gm

Transaction #9 - 17.S.510 - Spring Bonus
For: Being Amazing
Total Revenue: 250 gm
Transaction: 741.8 + 250 = 991.8

Transaction #9 - 33.S.510 - Instruments
For: Violin & Bongos
Total Expenditure: 16 gm
Transaction: 991.8 gm - 16 gm = 975.8 gm
Final Balance: 975.8 gm

Transaction #10 - 33.S.510 - Alcohol
For: 2 gallons of Ale
Total Expenditure: 2 gm
Transaction: 975.8 gm - 2 gm = 973.8 gm
Final Balance: 973.8 gm

Transaction #11 - 36.S.510 - Beeswax & Flowers
For: Beeswax & Flowers
Total Expenditure: 5 gm
Transaction: 973.8 gm - 5 gm = 968.8 gm
Final Balance: 968.8 gm

Transaction #12 - 37.S.510 - Undeniable Interests
For: Books #7-10, Pre-Valterrian Brick
Total Expenditure: 160 gm
Transaction: 975.8 gm - 160 gm = 830.8 gm
Final Balance: 815.8 gm

Transaction #6 - 91.Spring.509 - Spring Income and Expenses
For: Compensation.
Total Revenue: 978 gm (8 (Daily Income) x 91 (Days worked) + 250 (Seasonal Bonus))
Total Expenses: 273 (1.5 (Common) x 91 (Days spent in Syliras) x 2 (Ha'na's Expenses))
Transaction: 815.8 gm + 978 gm = 1,793.8 gm
Transaction: 1,793.8 gm - 273 gm = 1,520.8
Final Balance: 1,520.8 gm
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on June 5th, 2010, 12:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Alistair deGrey

Postby Alistair deGrey on April 18th, 2010, 3:23 am

Thread List

My Endeavors
"Read on."

[Syliras Location] The Welcome Home - Quite the lovely place, The Welcome Home. Its patriarch, Stitch, is quite interesting as well.
[Syliras Location] The Main Gates - These gates allow many through to Syliras, I was but one of those many people.
Getting Down to Business - Inquiries in regards to my proprietorship.
[Mechanical Marvels] A Matter of Thought [Karrin & Kadurro] - The ever vexing process of hiring hands.
The Game - Gathering the players [Team Dawn] - A strange occurrence
[Temple of All Gods] Perusing the Gods - 22.S.510 - A first attempt at research on the Gods, and an interesting encounter with a strange woman.
A Potter's Cottage - Where I first met Ha'na.

Mechanical Marvels
The House of Gears

[Syliras Location] Mechanical Marvels - The storefront and workshop of Mechanical Marvels.
[Mechanical Marvels] Crafting Thread - Where I create most of my inventions.
Mechanical Marvels Store Log - Some of my notes and records for Mechanical Marvels.
Customer 001 [Training / Crafting / Open] - Creating a device for Jaquise Emiterre
[Mechanical Marvels] More People! (Nel, Murdoch) - 16.S.510 - My first encounter with Nel and Murdoch, also when I first gave Nel a chance to work at Mechanical Marvels.
[Mechanical Marvels] Upgrade (Ali) - 2.S.510 - A quick modification on a crossbow for a Myrian, Pua.
[Mechanical Marvels] A Fitting Tribute - 30.S.510 through 35.S.510 - The creation of a gift for Eyris.

Purchases
Short, acute, quick.

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interest - A curiosity shop I found both fascinating and monstrous.
[Syliras Location] Inner Fire Glass - Purchasing laboratory equipment.
[Syliras Location] The Feathered Shaft - I required a crossbow for an invention.
[Syliras Location] The Great Bazaar - I've found many interesting objects here.
[Syliras Location] Wildwood Music - 33.S.510 AV - Here I purchased a component for my gift to Eyris, and a violin.
[Syliras Location] The Rearing Stallion - 35.S.510 AV - Alcohol does not taste good when the barkeep pissed it out himself. But it still works for philtering.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Character sheet
Scrapbook