A wandering Chaktawe's Journey..[open]

New to Syliras; Saadet, a young Chaktawe, attempts to live a life that may, or may not be suited to her.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Lucas Arias on February 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Lucas just murmurred something incomprehensible as Saadet asked him if that had been offensive to say. He didn’t want the Chaktawe to be mad at him. In fact he came to the decision that if that would make her like him better, he would agree that his skin was soft and milky even though it was definitely not the case!

„Work?“ he asked and furrowed his brow. As a squire Lucas had never had to find a job. His parents had pretty much decided on a career for him when they had made him a page as a little boy. He wasn’t entirely happy about that, but that was beyond the point now. „What can you do? Are you good with horses?“ He pointed at her mount.

„Maybe you could find a job at the stable!“ he suggested and quickly grabbed his horse’s reins. The cursed animal had been about to run off!

As Saadet proceeded to tell them about her home, Lucas stared at her open mouthed. He couldn’t imagine living in the desert. He had spent almost all his life in a city that was essentially one big fortress.

„I’m not sure …“ he murmurred as she asked him what kind of food they ate here. „It’s just normal food. Mabye I can buy you dinner at the inn so that you can experience Syliran food firsthand. As for gods, most knights worship Tyveth, I suppose …“ He cast a glance at Demlin who seemed kind of quiet. „You worship Tyveth, right, Demlin?“ he asked.

Lucas himself favoured Kelwyn, but that was a fact that he didn’t talk about very often. It was none of the knights‘ business.

As she wanted to know about the drinking age, Saadet got another confused look. Lucas was pretty sure there was some kind of drinking age – a least he’d never seen toddles in a bar – but he had no idea what it was. He had never cared whether the fact that he spent a lot of evenings in the various bars of Syliras was actually legal.

„Do you know what the drinking age in Syliras is?“ he asked his fellow squire.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on February 20th, 2012, 7:47 am

"Horses?" she stopped mid-step. "Well.. I suppose I'm decent with them. I have yet to have any kind of issues with mine.." She smiled. "Maybe that is what I'll do first thing tomorrow."
As she went on about where she was from, she giggled at Lucas' shocked expresstion. "It's not all that bad, honest. Well, not to me, anyway. " She threw a friendly smile at him.

Once he mentioned buying her dinner, she blushed. "..I could pay for myself.." obviously feeling a bit uneasy...Saadet never recalled someone buying dinner for her. It sounded nice, but she was just too unsure.

"Tyveth?" she uttered.. now it seemed SHE was having issues with pronounciation. She attempted to say it a few more times before giving up.

She heard Lucas ask Demlin if he believed in this "Tyveth". She stared at him wondering what he would say..
Who do you come for?
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Words: 4042
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2012, 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Demlin on February 20th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Still dragging along, carrying the small amount of things that the girl had brought Demlin realized Lucas was looking at him, He was asking if he had worshiped Tyveth or not. Demlin never really thought about what got he put faith in, but he followed the moral codes of Tyveth, and during knightly duties and such they all said a few words towards the god. This made the squire figure that he did worship Tyveth.

"Yes, Tyveth is who I worship" Demlin said with assurance.

Demlin noticed the other squires horse about to run off, he was about to reach out to stop it from happening, but Lucas realized this himself stopping it before it got a chance to turn into a problem. Then Lucas mentioned Stable work, that was an unpleasent job in Demlin's opinion. There were always a few horses that wanted not to listen, and you could not really be adventurous which Demlin thought she may want in her job.

Laughing Demlin pronounced it slowly for the girl "tiv-ith, Oh, and the drinking age? Well I really never thought of that...I would think 14 that is usually an accepted age in the household."
Demlin
Squire

Words: 20807
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2012, 3:23 am
Character sheet

Postby Lucas Arias on February 22nd, 2012, 4:29 am

„The stables are called Windmount Stables“, Lucas remarked as Saadet stated that she might go there the next day. „I can meet you in front of the inn in the morning if you like – only if my duties allow it of course“, he added quickly with a glance at Demlin. He was a little worried that his fellow squire might report that he was more interested in meeting girls than doing his job! He wasn’t in the mood to get in even more trouble with his knight right now!

„Oh … I don’t think it’s bad!“ he said. „I just can’t even begin to imagine what living in the desert is like. Isn’t it very hot there? And where do you hunt when you don’t have any forests?“ Maybe her people ate sand?

As she stated that she could pay for herself, he shrugged his shoulders. „If you like. I suppose we can just pay for our own dinner.“ Another glance at Demlin. Truth to be told, Lucas would prefer to be alone with Saadet, but what if Demlin ran to the knights and told them that he was at a tavern rather than taking part in the patrol? „Demlin, you can come with us, if you like“, he offered. „We deserve a good meal after everything we have done to protect Syliras!“

As Demlin said that he thought the drinking age was 14, Lucas grinned. If that was true, he was legally allowed to drink! Of course he usually didn’t care about the laws, but it was still a big relief!
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on March 11th, 2012, 8:52 am

Saadet giggled "We have trees, an sand-dwelling creatures.. it isn't lifeless, love." she began to think of the weather in her homeland "It's hot in the day.. but chilly at night. An winter isn't freezing, but it isn't TOO warm."

She felt silly; being a foreigner, and whatnot. Not knowing where anything was, or who exactly she was speaking to..shaking the negativity off she grinned, and said to the men "I would just love if you would tell me more about yourselves. You both seem pretty interesting."

An later tonight, we should all go out for some drinks!" she chuckled like a little girl. An began to walk in between the squires. While singing a cheerful folk song from her home.
Who do you come for?
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Words: 4042
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2012, 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Lucas Arias on March 23rd, 2012, 11:08 am

OOCDemlin, since you haven’t posted in a while, we’ve decided to continue without you for now. If you come back, send me a PM.

Lucas made a face as Saadet called him „‘love‘. „You talked about the desert“, he insisted. „I thought deserts were just made of sand!“ He couldn’t imagine what those sand-dwelling creatures she had mentioned were like. Maybe they were worms that burrowed themselves into the sand when it was too hot? He couldn’t imagine that horses or wolves or deer lived in the desert.

As she asked him to tell her something about himself, he instantly smiled again. Lucas just loved talking about himself. „I’m a knight“, he replied, and then, with a side glance at Demlin, he corrected, „Well, almost. I protect Syliras from the bad guys, and I kill Zith and such. I’m also an artist. I’m a very versatile person.“

He grinned as he said that.

„And we should definitely go out for some drinks, although I’m not sure if Demlin here drinks.“ He cast another glance at his colleague. Demlin just didn’t look like the kind of person who’d enjoy that. He was a perfect squire.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Demlin on April 7th, 2012, 2:52 am

Demlin was hanging back for a bit, letting the two get to know eachother better as he just let his eyes roam the keep, seeing nothing of interest or trouble he began paying attention to the conversation again to hear Lucas say something about protecting Syliras from the bad guys. This would be quite true, if the town had any bad guys anymore.
"Well, what little bad guys have the guts to show their face in the famed keep of the Knights!" Demlin said with laughter

Lucas was right about one thing though, he did not find much pleasure in drinking. Don't get him wrong it was not because he was the perfect knight or that it got in the way of duty, he just did not really have a liking to the effects it brought upon him. A lot of people it calmed to have a drink or two, but being that Demlin had a naturally calm personality all it did was make him rash, besides the taste is not worth it.

" I do not mind a glass or two, but no I would not drink on my own if that is what you mean, in company is another story though! Besides, I am a big fan of the food they have at pubs." Demlin was glad about this invitation, he usually was very quiet and stuck to himself besides training he was a very lone wolf type of guy.
Demlin
Squire

Words: 20807
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2012, 3:23 am
Character sheet

Previous