Just Breathe (closed)

Its as easy as in an out.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Chamaeleon on April 9th, 2012, 7:45 am

Spring 34th 512 A.V

Inhale deeply.

Exhale slowly.

This was the way Chamaeleon directed her thoughts as the sun rose, sitting with her back to a tree and with her violet eyea closed. As the sun lifted over the sky, her body metamorphosed into that of her true self. Black became gold, sharp became curved, and small became large. The form was near instantaneous, a flash across her pale skin and she began to glimmer again in Syna's renewed youth.

The change of her outsides matched what her insides went through. The sound of her breathing change as her body adjusted its lung capacity and her organs had a chance to adapt to the new space within the shell of her form. Subtle curves became more pronounced, but the body remained just as different as it had before. In no form was Chamaeleon a human being, and she worried that would always be a problem.

Once the Ethaefal realised she was worrying, and her thoughts were racing, she once again forced them to slow and focused her attention on her breathing. Yet, like a child, her mind wandered unbecomingly and she began to think of herself and her part in the activities she participated in.

She thought about the people she had met after that first fateful night in Sunberth where she had agreed to give herself to the Crimson Edge along with a handful of others. She thought about much and didn't catch herself as she thought about the people she had grown attached to until she thought of Wrenmae, and Roka, two people Chamaeleon liked the most.

One was a disturbed man with a silver tongue and a quickly aroused anger. The other was vibrant and happy, but wild. They were both special, in their own ways, and Chamaeleon didn't know what to think of either. She couldnt trust Wrenmae as easily as she could Roka, despite the fact that Roka had a difference about him that made him seem more animal than man. Wrenmae just had a strong sense of danger around him, smiling or glowering.

Chamaeleon growled low to herself and shut down her thoughts, frustrated. She had misplaced her harp once in this very same park, left it to accompany Roka because she didnt want to heft around an instrument all day. She couldn't keep calm without that thing. It was her most important possession from her birth city and it irritated her to realise she lost it out of stupidly leaving it in the open.

Shifting so she was settled more comfortably against the tree, Chamaeleon sighed. At this rate, she wouldn't get anywhere with her morphing. Even in the deepest seclusion she could find in the city, she felt spied upon. It began to occur to her that perhaps alleys were safer than parks, but she wasn't ready to move around yet. Maybe she could force herself to relax enough to fall asleep here, and when she awoke maybe her harp would reappear.

Her blue eyes shut all over again and she focused upon her breathing.
Last edited by Chamaeleon on April 12th, 2012, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Just Breathe (Open)

Postby Casper on April 10th, 2012, 9:27 pm

The atmosphere was calm here, as opposed to the bustling unorganized streets of Sunberth. Sunberth, a city Casper was becoming accustomed to living in, slowly but surely. The violence was definitely one of the many differences from his hometown that was easy to take notice of, considering he had to be so careful about it. Even after being here for a month, however, he could not bring to himself to decide whether he regretted moving here or not. There was nothing to miss about Syliras; he had not really befriended anyone as he grew up there. He did miss his mother, and would go back for her, but then he remembered how much he hated the Knights. And their idiotic laws, and sense of justice. The chaotic nature of Sunberth did suit him much more than Syliras. The violence was something he got used to, and started to enjoy quickly.

He was worried, though, about the amazing thrill he got whenever he "took care" of someone while on the job. The first time he murdered someone hadn't even felt like a big deal to him. Now, with his mother out of the picture, he was letting himself loose, but if he kept at it, he would probably become the terrible person she feared in him, and it was even starting to scare him. Even though he had never known his father, he felt an insurmountable hatred towards him and whatever he imagined him to be like. He knew that every evil thought he had ever had came from his father, because his mother represented only the very little good he had in him. So far, that good proved to be just a little selective sympathy towards people he had taken a liking to, like that strange Desya girl.

The sun was barely starting to rise. He didn't understand why he had woken up so early, but he had taken the chance to walk up to this park that was suggested to him by a few locals at Pig Foot's tavern. He never had much care for things like scenery, and was a little underwhelmed. Still, it was a good change of pace. His thoughts were a pool of conflicted morals, so much that it was starting to confuse him. No matter how determined he was to be a better person, he would still punch anybody who rubbed him the wrong way, aside from the really big shady guys. It was in his nature, and Sunberth fed that nature so well that it was too easy to ignore the stupid childhood lessons that he had never really understood.

Shivering a little in the morning air, he gave up on the quaint idea of "a walk in the park", and started to head towards the nearest exit. Deciding not to follow the obvious path, he passed through the trees without paying much attention, and almost tripped on the girl sitting at the foot of one of them. He awkwardly moved out of the way just in time to not crash into her, his foot grazing her lightly as he moved back.

"Sorry," he said, planning to walk away and go about his day as usual. However, he found himself lingering his gaze on the beautiful woman, though if he asked himself why, he would answer that it was not because of her alluring appearance, but rather that it was the nature of the horns on her head that intrigued him. He wanted to ask her about it, his curiosity striking him like bolt of lightning.
Casper
Player

Words: 65175
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Just Breathe (Open)

Postby Ximal on April 11th, 2012, 12:01 am

The same old story, but oddly a lot of time to himself wasn't a bad thing. Xi strolled through he city towards the open gates of the wilds. Dodging people left and right, slowly heading towards the wild-lands outside of the city. The Axes he had strapped about his person were intimidating with a man of his size and frame, but he was no more likely to attack someone than he was to capture a slave. XI smiled enjoying the early morning, Heading out into the wild he spotted a man, heading in as well. Rather odd...so xi took it upon himself to follow him, wanting to be noticed, after all he was six foot six and loaded with weapons. Trailing out after him slowly he could feel the madness creping up again. Liro had become stronger as of late meaning he would likely fall into another episode soon. But he would hold him back as long as possible.

Oooh spy work today, so who we tailing? Makes no difference kill him. Oh liro likey, whose that beauty by the tree, i could have some fun with her. Breath xi, Just breath. He cannot get control as long as you do not falter. Breath. Although he hated it Liro had spotted a woman out in the distance next to the tree. Walking up behind the other man Xi let his arms hang loosely he was not going to cause a fight. But then something caught his eye. Horns ? Could she be another ? I'll be dammned if they arent all beautiful. Told ya. Now let me out...I want to have some fun with her...nehahahaha. Xi gritted his teeth, as he headed out. The feel of anger and despair radiating off of him. Even most people would need auristcis to read how Xi was at that moment. Anger, and sadness. A need for violence, but a will to control it. His battle with his lesser self raging strongly warrign further than he would darre try or wish it to last for.

Stumbling over too them, Xi smiled as he walked over and made a small circle to get round them. He had no reason to talk to them as they offered no thread or and showed no signs to talking to him. the woman looked out of it and the man look transfixed with his gaze on her. She was beautiful but right now Xi had more pressing issues like making sure he didn't murder them both as liro. Do it. You know you want me too. Let me KILL THEM! Xi's arm tensed out of sight hidden beneath his cloak, a sign that he was loosing he battle when his muscles tensed without his want for them too. His madness was growing. And he knew that liro would break free. He just didnt know when nor where. But he hoped it wast right now.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Chamaeleon on April 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Chamaeleon's eyes opened again, this time not because of her mind's overactivity, but because someone had caused a great amount of noise with his scuffling and, following that, his apology. Withholding a sigh, the Ethaefal tilted back her head and smiled at the man.

"No, no," she said softly, her voice the musical symphony of Syna's choosing. "No need to apologise, I was merely meditating."

She smiled, a much more secret smile, and appraised the man thouroughly, her eyes taking him in and judging him. She didn't recognise him, and after ten days ago, she was taking special care when meeting new people. It wasn't every day the men at the top of the pyramid called out a special order to their group, after all.

His physical appearance went against what Chamaeleon was looking for, but yet as she relaxed, a man who fit the description pranced into the meeting, and startled her into action. Her left hand carressed the handle of her lash slowly, away from his prying eyes, and she smiled at him widely as well.

If he was who she thought he was, she would need to be careful. None of her brothers and sisters were here to have her back. This other man may be with the rogue, too, and would not help her if words turned to blows.

"Well, it seems our merry little duo has turned into a trio," she lilted, leaning back against the tree and wiggling so a protruding nub of a branch didn't dig so unpleasantly into her shoulderblade. "So many people in the park. What's everyone up to here? Come to meditate with me?"

She felt she was doing good at being nonchalant. It was an unpractised skill, and she was worried it was failing, but she had to maintain faith in herself. She wanted to live, and this would keep her alive for a little while longer.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Casper on April 18th, 2012, 1:19 am

Regaining his composure, a thin smile spread across his lips, more out of common courtesy than genuine happiness. She was meditating, in Sunberth? Casper honestly could not imagine how anyone in their right mind could shut their eyes in such a city. Either the woman was crazy, or she had a trick up her sleeve, He couldn't tell. "All the same," he replied, a little absentmindedly before his attention was directed elsewhere.

The man came around the tree to stand in front of both the strange woman and Casper, who stiffened visibly at the new presence. His brain immediately processed the man's hulking frame to be a danger to him, though on second assessment, Casper determined that it was the battleaxes that he carried that advised caution. He maintained a confident posture, but nevertheless instinctively took a small step back, uncomfortable with what seemed to him to be a miniscule distance between them. His palm brushed over the thin blade hanging at his side, though he had no intention of using a weapon he was not yet trained to use.

Even more unnerving was the fact that the stranger just stood there for a little while, not uttering a word. The one to break the silence was the woman, still sitting, her calm and soothing voice only somewhat alleviating the tension he felt. "I was simply out for a pleasant stroll," he said with a smirk, addressing the term with a derisive tone. He wasn't exactly one for strolls, and he didn't find them pleasant, either. Especially not right now. He glanced only for a moment at the horned creature before his gaze returned to fixate itself on the armed fellow.
Casper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Ximal on April 18th, 2012, 3:44 am

Xi blinked his eyes to force liro back as he looked at the pair of them. The tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife. Xi just smiled not a sarcastic nor a cheeky smile as he listened too the, woman talk. He didn't meditate not in this city. Xi then watched both of them move thier hands to their weapons. Great, sure why not go for the weapons it's not like i'm not like i'm trying to hold back murderous intent. "Please take our hands away from your weapons i have no intent, nor want to fight you. I only came this way because my training area is a little further into the forest. And nobody normally comes this way so i was curious when i saw he pair of you." He was being honest, he had been curious as to why they were here but for her top be meditating ? And the man with no name to have just wandered over ? Too much coincidence. Keeping his arms lax now and ready to move at a moments notice, he watched them paw at their weapons in thought.

"So apart from the meditating, and you simply being out for a pleasant stroll. What are you planning on douing out here?" Xi moved his foot backwards slightly looking like a retreating move when to trained fighters it was the basic footwork of his fighting stance. He did not want to fight but if he had too he would. "Mind if i ask the names of the people i now speak with? Now Xi had to think fact to come up with a name. He couldn't use liro nor his own name after all the didn't want to get anyone else in trouble. Then he had his new alias. "I'm Cain and you are ?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Chamaeleon on May 22nd, 2012, 5:22 am

Chamaeleon smiled politely at the two men, but her sky blue eyes did not miss their shifting, the way they looked at eachother warily. She wasn't naïve enough to think she could run from these two men, or fight them off, especially since the one she was suspicious of towered over her by nearly a foot. Was he taller than their leader? He had to be. Cade was a mountain, but this guy topped him just barely.

"Isn't this Sunberth, Cain? I think the person who willingly releases his weapon in the presence of the unknown is looking to be killed, don't you agree?" Her smile widened, all teeth now. Sitting on the ground wasn't a good place to fight from, especially with a whip, but she couldn't rise without alarming these two.

"So, I'm here enjoying the day, you are here enjoying a stroll, and our gracious friend here who would have us be unarmed wishes to enjoy a good bout of training. Well, it seems we are a pleasant trio aren't we?"

Her laughter rang out, bright and cheery. The tension between them was thick, thicker than she would have liked, seeing her isolation now. She should have seen if one of the others wanted to relax with her. Even grumpy old Wrenmae would have been preferred to this. She wasn't stupid to the idea that she was a woman cornered by men either, but seemingly these two did not want to paw at her. What a welcome relief.

"I, Cain, am Chamaeleon, daughter of Syna and of Leth," she said, happily giving away her name. What power did her name have over her anyway? It wasn't her real name, that which she could not form the sound of no matter what she tried. She looked to the third now. "And what is your name, stranger?"
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Casper on May 22nd, 2012, 1:55 pm

Casper let out a single, derisive chuckle when the giant calmly requested that he remove his hand from his weapon. "Right, how ssilly of me to doubt you for even a ssecond," he said as sarcastically as he could manage, tightening his grip on the hilt of his sword visibly just to illustrate the impossibility of him doing something so stupid as trusting the man. Or even the woman, for that matter. Just because she was beautiful didn't mean she wasn't dangerous, though he tended to underestimate the abilities of women, especially when compared to an axe-wielding hulk. She didn't move, and seemed to have similar views to him, though she was much less condescending about it when she spoke.

Her cheery attitude did not help to alleviate the tension, though she appeared to be making a legitimate effort at it. His eyes remained on the man, his gaze catching notice of the fact that he spread his legs slightly, clearly setting his footwork as if preparing for an inevitable fight. So, this man was supposedly all about peace and love, but he was the first to get into a fighting stance? Casper thought he should too, but thought better of it. As much as he loved to take the offensive, he really wasn't in the mood, especially not with the myriad number of unknown factors that would decide the outcome of such a battle.

Upon being prompted by the woman, he replied bluntly, but without hesitation, " Cass." His face was still an unfamiliar one around Sunberth, and so was his name. He wondered who this Chamaeleon was though, addressing herself as the daughter of Syna and Leth. He knew nothing of the gods, but the way she addressed them made him feel as though she was mentioning something divine. He wished he could have calmly sat down with her and asked her questions to satisfy his curiosity, which was why he simply hadn't walked on by, but reality had to intervene in the form of an overly threatening presence. How disappointing. Still, it wouldn't be that hard to find her again if he just asked around for a woman with horns coming out of her head. For now, he just wanted to get out of here and take a nap before he had to come into work.
Casper
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Ximal on May 29th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Xi Glanced across the pair of them hi face still hidden by his hood. As Cham spoke calmly but not unfriendly. Trying her best to alleviate the tension and clear the air of contention between them. They'd met under rather odd circumstances, however it was still there and bold as brass. Xi sighed, and listened to her reveal her name. A daughter of syna and leth ? What in the world ? But her name was Chamaeleon odd that she would give out her name so freely in this city after commenting on it's current climate towards people. Xi couldn't stop his mouth contorting into a sly grin. Xi flexed his hands beneath his cloak.
"But the thing is out of the three of us, not one of us hasn't actually reached for their weapon, have they?" Xi towered over them. Though it wasn't his height which gave him a sense of knowing. But what he could see she was reaching for her whip. and the man to his right had his hand stroking the hilt of his sword. Out of al three of them Xi was the only one already armed. His axes were a means to an end a deception, Xi brought his hands into full view.

"Look i didn't come here to fight. though with the way this conversation is going unless one of us puts forth a show of good faith, it seems a fight will be inevitable." Xi could feel the fiery claws of liro snaking their way through his mind. Piercing it and whispering words of intent towards him. Using murderous intent as a pry to be heard. Xi shook him off forceing him back. Even as the male spoke announcing himself as cass and replying sarcastically to Xi's request. "Well there is one thing we all have in common. All of our names begin with C." It was a failed attempt at finding some sort of common ground between them. So as things stood between the three of them. A lady with horns, a man with a lisp and a giant. Well interestingly enough, this would be something of a strange day. Xi crossed his arms over his chest, keeping his face hidden at all times. "If i'm being intrusive upon you two, tell me and I'll be on my way. Xi locked his eyes on the pair of them. more concerned with the blade than the lash.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Just Breathe (closed)

Postby Chamaeleon on May 30th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Chamaeleon was childishly amused by the verbal reassurances of the giant. Did he think they missed the change in his stance? While she and the other man had only put their hands on their weapons, this giant named Cain had decided to tense as though to spring. His mass was as dangerous as any barbed whip or blade, but he acted like he was as innocent as a dainty doe.

"Do you think you have to reach for your weapons to attack us?" The Ethaefal asked shrewdly. Her blue eyes narrowed into long slits. "Look at you. You braced yourself, clearly. You are larger than us both. You could kill us, and no one would know you did us in until my comrades found me, and traces of you. Then they would hunt you." She laughed gaily, then, and finally got to her feet, slowly though so as not to overly frighten these two. She stretched her back, releasing her lash to do so, and then smiled at them both.

"However, I would rather not die anytime soon. I still have things I would like to do with my life, and I'm sure being hunted by my friends wouldn't be too thrilling to either of you either. It would probably be a messy, sordid affair after all. Nobody wants that." She bared her teeth in a grin, tired of these false pleasantries. If this man really was who she thought he was, she should hush up before he attacked her for her associates. "Where is this training place of yours? I've grown tired of training with my friends, so I could use someone new to spar with."

He wouldn't know she had plans to bring someone with her next time she came thus way unless he was psychic or had some kind of divine power. She smiled politely at him, nice enough to appear a truly curious and docile woman. He wouldn't know anything was awry immediately, unless she gave some sign of it, but before she could, she looked at Casp.

"I think we should relax before our giant here pounces in our heads, don't you think? Or do you wish to die today instead?" She sounded more amused than anything. After all, she didn't know this guy.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next