[Flashback] Sparks and Flame Part 2 (Solo)

Evalin continues her magic studies.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on March 28th, 2012, 10:39 pm

37th of Fall, 314 AV

She resided within the lab once more, her form sitting back against the cold stone of the wall. Absently, Evalin ran her finger over the alchemic circle on the floor, her mind tracing over the man... that man who had seized hold of the hands of fate and turned her from her path to where she was this day.

Her eyes were deep, suncken far into her skull as she gazed upon eternity with eyes that saw only the now. It was true, Evalin had yet to truly accept all that she had, the amount of time gifted to her by Rayage... it was a daunting prospect.

I will live forever... She thought. She did this often, uttered those words just under her breath or spoke them with a hushed, almost reverant tone, The world of mortals... the fear of death is no longer of concern for me...

This was true. Ever since that faithful night on the Docks Evalin had not even spared a single thought for what she was before, for her fate that had, at one point, been inevitable.

"I am outside the bonds of time. I am free... free at last to do as I wish..."

Eva brought her hand before her face, her eyes gazing upon sickly thin fingers. Rot was now beginning to show in full, and the grayish tent to her skin was growing ever the more prominent. She would need a new body soon... but that was a concern for another night.

Evalin concentrated, willing that flow within her to stir, to flow and pour toward her hand as she spoke a single word, "Hakin."

That rush, that feeling of power suddenly split up, flowing up through her fingers and changing, altering into that form that gave life to magic, and as she spoke this word her flow of res was lit with a flame bright enough to cast aside the shadows that surrounded her.

For a moment, Evalin fueled the fire, allowing for a steady stream of res to pour from her finger tips, creating a flickering flame almost a foot in height to rest mere inches from the tips of those cold digits. As the flow continued, the seconds ticking away to a full minute, Evalin took note of her steady drop of strength.

This is the price for power then? She sighed and released the flow, the fire puffing out in a final burst.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on March 29th, 2012, 9:12 pm

37th of Fall, 314 AV
Her eyes looked at her fingers, imagining the flow of res as it had just occurred. This technique, this art called reimancy... it was a more difficult concept to master than she had originally suspected.

This power cannot be held indefinitely, and my own reserves of strength are still small indeed... Her brow furrowed in concentration, I will need a way to control this power... A way to contain my own eagerness to ensure that I do not overstep into overgiving.

Evalin allowed her mind to slip for a moment, to wander into needless thoughts and contemplations as she summoned forth another not of res, letting the substance pool into her palm and assume the loose shape of a ball. Then, with almost absent movements, Evalin squeezed her fingers in, willing the wall of res to flow out between her fingers and reform around her hand, creating a mitten of sorts. The sorceress looked at this curiously, wondering at the mailability of this substance.

Can it be... can this core be shaped to my very will?

Closing one eye, Evalin watched as her imagination was brought to life in her hand. The res moved, swirling with the subtle tug of her conscious to alter and change its form into wondrous figurations. A small smile touched the girl's lips as she moved her finger in circles, the flow of res following her finger in its path. An idea began to form in Eva's mind, and as an experiment Evalin willed this line of res to fracture and split into 5 small balls of power. It was rather sluggish, but within a few seconds what she envisioned became reality.

Blinking slowly, Evalin tilted her head, The time that it takes for my mind to form a command and my power to respond is... poor. How then can I fix this...?

Evalin allowed her mind to ponder this for a few moments more, but no sudden spark of realization came to her. With a shrug Evalin pulled the res into one form once more, letting it float just an inch above one finger.

Her eyes examined this ball for a moment, her mind seeming to form the very beginnings of an idea now, What if... could it be that simple? She looked at the ball a bit longer, forming a picture in her mind as she did so, an action she wished it to take but not willing it to be just yet. Then, while still picturing what she wished she found a word, a simple sound that had no meaning in itself, however, now Evalin assigned this sound a purpose, a reason for being.

Moving her hand so that she could observe the ball of res closer, Evalin uttered her chosen word, "Shi."

The res responded immediately, splitting once more into 5 round balls of res that floated just above each of her fingers. Evalin smiled, Then it is true. To give something a purpose, to assign it an action and a will, and then to name this will increases its responsiveness. In a way, it is like memory. For, within this word there is now the instructions for a desired action.

Evalin nodded slowly, pulling the balls of res into one once more. Once more she uttered the word, "Shi." and the res responded slightly faster this time. With a nod Evalin chuckled, Then so shall it be. To control this power, I must give my actions a command. A purpose and a name then... that is the key.

She pulled the res together once more, her eyes watching the energy as she spoke, as if to confirm her thoughts, "Then from now it so it will be. Shi.. to split. And Hakin... to ignite."

Then, with a sudden motion of her arm she willed the res forward, calling out her words of power, "Shi-Hakin!" and with the words came their purpose to her mind, and the rest responded in kind, splitting into the 5 balls of res and each igniting at once so that 5 balls of fire flew across the room, smashing into the cold bricks and sending the room into darkness once more.

From the shadows, Eva smiled, "Yes... this will do."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lazybones on May 1st, 2012, 5:53 pm

Thread Complete!

Notes: A great look into Evalin's personal philosophy and thoughts about her new life. However, I feel the Reimancy used in this thread was played well beyond your level. At only 14 Reimancy, Evalin should not be able to exert that much control over the res in her hands. It should be much more difficult to create anything beyond a sphere. I know you played her control being limited, but coming up with trigger words to help move the material to her will should not be effective that instantly. While novice reimancy grants control over one element, it also sets your level of control over the magic in general. At the very least, she should have been overly exhausted or even overgiven from what she did just in this thread. I think she'd have to be competent to achieve this.

I only gave you a single point in Reimancy, for playing beyond your level, but I hope you write more threads in the future with a more practical use so I can grant greater skill. I can totally see Evalin becoming a little pyromaniac.

Also, while I think the words you came up with are creative, I notice your character actually knows a little Nader-canoch.The word for "fire" is "Vaknui". I thought it was interesting that Evalin made up her own words instead of picking ones she knows. Perhaps that was the point? Then no one else can know what these words mean to her. Fascianting.

Evalin
Award :
Skills: Reimancy +1, Meditation +2

Lores: Reimancy Technique: Shi-Hakin, Creating Trigger Words
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office