[Flashback] Midnight Blessing

A new slave gets introduced into the slave camp.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on February 21st, 2012, 2:31 pm

He wished he remembered something other than this. His unconscious mind did that deep part of him where all his tactile and muscle memories were kept. Yes it remembered things he could not. As she laid there against him he would unknowingly run his fingers through her long hair like a comb. He would work out any knots gently; it seemed he had done this a hundred times before now; that was the only explanation for how skilled his hands were at this. And yet he had no idea at first that he was even doing it; nor why. His unconscious mind just told him to do it, and his hand responded with unwavering trust. Truth was, he would do this for his wife every night to put her to sleep; and would do the same for his daughter as well.

But he was unaware of this, just like he was unaware that once she lay against him his heart rate slowed. His mind calmed down, for the same reason though. His wife would sleep like this against him every night back in his house in Ravok. But he didn’t remember them, however; his body did. It was odd, her presence made him so very calm. Her head against his shoulder felt perfect. The tendrils of her hair moving between his hands gently slicking across his skin…that felt…right. But he didn’t know why, he couldn’t remember it. But part of him did. Part of him knew very well. It was a habit whose purpose was completely lost to him. Like wiping away her tears gently with his warm hand…habits he couldn’t remember forming.

He knew how to hold her. Truth be told her body was much the same as his previous wife. They were built the same. And her body fit perfectly against his. She would hear his heart beat rhythmically, telling her he was still alive…still fighting this.

“I can’t remember anything before this. Every day I lose more of my past with nothing to remind me of where I came from nor who I am. So I am Seven because that is all I remember. For all I know I deserve this; I could be a criminal who murdered hundreds. But…” He paused as he shrugged a little and ran his hand through her hair some more straightening it out calming her mind, “I could be completely innocent as well. I know not which.”

But she would. She would know he was no mass murderer. Even if he were did he really deserve this? No, she could feel how gentle his touch was, how true his words were. No murderer was this gentle…this caring for others in her position. If he were as wicked as he thought he would take advantage of her even though she was in this cage. He wouldn’t pull her into his warmth and cover her with the only blanket he had to shelter her from the winter. A killer wouldn’t show compassion like he did. But he was so unsure of his origins.

“Sleep, dream of home. I will make sure to wake you gently if I have to.” His hand was still running through her long hair and he just now noticed this might be…inappropriate.

Ashamed slightly he stopped and instead just put the arm around her and held her against him. He could feel her skin warming underneath the covers against him. And while she was there against his shoulder she could see his body well. His ribs…she could see them underneath his skin. He was horribly malnourished, and the scars…they were a horrible painting of pain across him. She could only begin to imagine how one would come to own scars like these. Some of them were new, very new still seeping blood from the scabs when they broke from his movement. That was likely why he tried to move as little as possible.

A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lynnea Timandre on April 17th, 2012, 8:07 pm

As Serrif ran his hands through Lynnea's knotted hair, she would first scrunch her face, and then it would fall back into the relaxed state it had once been. All throughout, she did not open her eyes once. Funny how the most of unbreakable trust could form in the harshest of surroundings, and in the smallest of moments.

For a while, she just listened to him speak. After his doubting voice lulled, however, blue eyes were opened ever so deliberately and focused in on his face. They shone with some inimitable emotion.

“You're no killer,” Lynnea breathed, “Your heart...your pulse...you are alive. Alive on the inside, not hollow like those men who locked us up. You are filled with joy, and happiness, and a thousand different emotions they could only hope to achieve. You...are you.”

“Thank you for that.”

“Now, hush up. I'm trying to sleep.” Lynnea smiled and snuggled closer to that beating heart. Her eyes closed, first to enjoy the sound, and didn't open. Her breath became slow, and steadied, and any other movement was stilled. She was asleep. The cold bit at her skin and the smells burned her nose, and yet she slept, awaiting the morrow.

Neither of them knew what that tomorrow would bring. Doubtless it would be dark. Lynnea did not know the fate that awaited her, the trip to Ravok that would prove her deadliest trial hitherto. Serrif didn't know the long years that would keep him languishing in this camp, watching passing slaves like Lynnea be torn from his eyes. But in that moment, in that single moment, they didn't care. A light had been ignited, hope burning strong even in the Chaos all around. Two desperate souls had found strength in each others' presence, and that was all that mattered.

THE END

OoCI figured this would be a good place to stop. If you'd like to add something else, just post it or PM me and we can keep it going, but if not...away to the Storyteller Offices we go!
Last edited by Lynnea Timandre on May 8th, 2012, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnea Timandre
Lost and broken.

Words: 27512
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 18th, 2012, 1:43 pm

A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on May 4th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Lores: Suffering as Only a Slave Can, Finding Warmth in Another, Mura: The Perfect Place, Location of the Slave Camp Outside Ravok

Lynnea Timandre

Lores: Realization of One's Fate, Finding Warmth in Another, Home is Mura, Location of the Slave Camp Outside Ravok

You Question My Logic? :
I didn't see any skills I could give you for this, though if you feel I missed something feel free to PM me and I will gladly reconsider.

Notes: A beautiful thread, though I must admit after reading that disclaimer I was expecting something a bit more vulgar. I hope to see more flashbacks of the two of you. With her gift Lynnea could surely give him some insight into his past. That would be cool to read. Great job guys, keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, you can ignore this.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous