[Discussion] The Creation of a Mizaharian Tarot

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on April 22nd, 2010, 4:49 pm

Meaning: Life is never static. Moving through it, one encounters change on a day to day basis. This is what Death is all about. Transformation from one phase to another, from one state to another, from one region to another. The Death card indicates a movement or transition from a low state to a higher state. And while it can indicate actual physical death, The Death Card is more about a person's state of being. Dira, The Goddess of Death, is even more about transitioning the living to the next state and sorting them to where they belong than actually predicting or causing death. Some Tarot readers have renamed the Death card to the Valterrian Card because often the Valterrian is considered the biggest transition of all.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on April 22nd, 2010, 9:12 pm

Meaning: Justice is the card of balance and regulation, weights and counterweights. It warns people that actions have consequences, and fairness must be pursued both within and without. It can mean both the written law of the court and the sharp one of the sword. Always fair, sometimes hard, justice exists for the ultimate betterment of all. Justice is embodied by the righteous Syliran Knights, who uphold it in both words and deeds.

It's only fair that I take care of the High Priestess, since I made the Magician. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 22nd, 2010, 9:24 pm

Meaning: The Chariot is a card that embodies motion and more importantly all the conflict that comes with motion. One who has the Chariot in their spread might very well be moving from one state of existence to another. Be it marriage, war, or even the start of a new career, with this card there's a success involved, but the costs can be somewhat shady. The Chariot can signify that loyalty and faith. It can also mean motivation; a conviction that will lead to victory no matter the odds. But the chariot can also signal a ruthless, die-hard desire to win at any cost. The chariot is about cooperation, multiple components coming together to make something new and more powerful than its wholes. Often, because of its complex nature, when the Chariot is drawn alone or in a spread, the Gods are involved and normally on multiple levels.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on April 22nd, 2010, 9:26 pm

I'm sorry Alice! I totally missed your Death request. Many apologies!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eris on April 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm

Meaning: The Lovers symbolize a union of the soul, joined forever against the perils of the world. Though the look fragile, the doves are strengthened by the loving bond they share. The Lovers not only represent the passionate, romantic love, but also the love shared between a mother and daughter, or the affection between two friends. It is a connection of the mind and body and a reminder of the meaning of humanity. For to be truly human, one must love.
Last edited by Eris on April 23rd, 2010, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lillis on April 23rd, 2010, 12:53 am

Dibs on the Empress! Should have it ready shortly.
Lillis
Player

Words: 55149
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lillis on April 23rd, 2010, 2:26 am

Meaning: The Empress is a symbol of fertility, ripening, plentiful harvest, growth and bounty. She could be any, or every, woman -- for she is neither Queen nor holy symbol, but rather a fruitful mother. She is representative of creativity, the icon of artists. With her hand lifted upward, she is a symbol of hope, optimism, good fortune.
Lillis
Player

Words: 55149
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on April 24th, 2010, 10:17 am

No problem ... there are still cards left!

I think I can do the Fool today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing around with colors for it. :)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dusk on April 25th, 2010, 4:37 am

Temperance is the card of balance or order, of synthesis and harmony. It is the card of Gnora, who stands between Kihala and Dira and measures the wisdom that can be learned from both. In one hand she holds the light of Wisdom, and in the other the darkness of Ignorance.

When shown, it can represent the presence of imbalance and the need for harmony. It can also be interpreted as a form of judgement, and as such is closely associated with The Heirophant - where he brings the wisdom and blessings of the gods to mortals, Temperance measures how well we have mastered the wisdom of the gods and tempered it with the realities of our flesh.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Alice on April 25th, 2010, 6:09 pm

I just realized that it's very unlikely that I'll manage to create a Fool card today. Anyone who wants to do it instead is free to pick it up.

What happens with the cards that are left over? There are quite a few, after all ...

And btw, I love the cards we've got and the fact that they're made by a bunch of different people!
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext