(Sanctuary) Getting a Task [Kavala]

Syzana wants to help out at the sanctuary and perhaps even get a job.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Syzana on May 27th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Date: Spring 90 512 AV
Noon

Syzana galloped along the shoreside, on top of Taner. He whinnied, and tossed his mane. It almost hit Syzana, and she had to throw her head back in order to keep it away. They reached a large rock wall, that looked to be a building etched into rock. She hopped off Taner, and trusting him to stay, entered the Santuary.

She was greeted by the smell of animals and horses. A quiet place this was, but something lived here. Many things, in fact. Syzana followed a long staircase, and ended up in some type of clinic. She walked over to an office, and entered. She looked at the person running it.

"Y'all the clinic? Syzana, at you service. I'm looking for a job, I love da horses. In fact, go one outside, If you're lookin to see it."
Syzana
Bad To The Bone

Words: 4908
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on May 27th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Sanctuary was indeed visible from the beach but the girl would have to head up a road that reached the top of the cliff where the facility was perched at the edge of the headlands where the Cyphrus fringe forest fell off the cliffs into the Suvan. There were large well-hung double doors that lead into the cliff at the beach level, but they weren't open or unlocked to allow visitors inside the sea cave that could hold (and currently did) hold most of Sanctuary's livestock.

Syzana could easily leave her horse in a visitors arena inside the gate.

Once up on the cliff the woman would find the horse gates unlocked and access easily into them. Inside the stables were almost finished along with the stallion barn and boarders facility. The clinic was once again standing and the components for the outbuildings were laying around and flagged out for future endeavors.

Kavala herself was in the clinic, working on a kelvic woman who was in human form but heavily pregnant and currently struggling to give birth. An Akalak man paced the waiting room looking anxious and slightly terrified alternatively. There were few other healers around, which worried Kavala slightly, even as she worked to calm the kelvic that was holding herself in human form nicely.

"A job? Know anything about midwifing? I could use a hand... She wasn't exactly scheduled to give birth this early." Kavala said, gesturing at the kelvic who was busy snarling in pain. "She bites, so be careful. A bobcat unless I miss my species though I don't think she's shifted for a while." Kavala said, moving to stroke the kelvics forehead and replace a wet cloth over it. "She's not quite ready to push.. .but if you start boiling water on the hearth in the other room that would be a great help." Kavala said, moving efficiently about the room, slowly laying out tools and wheeling over a small table with a scale sized for a child and a little crib made of thick glass.

"Easy Nina.. easy... " The healer quickly checked the woman on the comfortable bed again and glanced at Syzana. "I'm Kavala Denusk. And who might you be... what sort of experience do you have?"
Last edited by Kavala on May 28th, 2012, 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Syzana on May 28th, 2012, 10:26 am

She was a konti, most inevitably. She had long white hair and skin so pale it matched the sunlight. She also seemed to have scales, which Syzana wasn't sure of because she had never gotten that good of a look at the beautiful race. Kavala was certainly beautiful though.

Wih one last glance at the beast, she followed Kavala across the room. She stopped as she realized it was giving birth. But she wasn't about to disobey her order. Syzana walked into the next room, and found a hearth waiting for her. As she drew closer, she knew she was going to be water. Across the room was a bucket, filled with the clear liquid. She found a large bowl, on a table nearby, and filled it up. Then, she came back to the hearth once more, and placed the bowl on a table made of thin wire. It was small, but durable to hold the heavy bowl. Syzana smiled. She had helped out. 

"This water's lookin' mighty fine," she hollered into the other room. She cam back to the cat, konti, and akalak, and came to stand next to Kavala. She stood glossy-eyed and proud of her job. 

It had been years since Syzana was put to work again. But now that she had jobs to do and labor on her back, it would be as if... She was back on the farm with Mama and Papa. With the animals, and all the people rushing around, and the aroma of home always floating in air. Just thinking about her home made Syzana's heart ache. 

But she snapped back to the present, with the heaving cat. 

"The name's Syzana, pleased to meet you Kavala!" she responded with a smile and a very large, but warm handshake. She continued, "Fightin, and ridin' and tranin' horses are what I'm good at. Ain't none of dat fancy med-i-suns and what not. Too hard."

Syzana was about to pull out her crossbow, which slung on her shoulder, when she decided not to, as it would probably cause only panic, and frenzy.
Syzana
Bad To The Bone

Words: 4908
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet