[Centroc's Supplies] Be Prepaaared! (Open to all)

Zandelia begins to stockpile supplies for the hunt

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Zandelia on April 20th, 2012, 12:59 am

oocOkay, first thing is first. The thread says open but let’s keep it realistic, it cannot hope to include everyone in The Spires. At some point, when I feel enough people have joined, I reserve the right to close it off to new posters. That said – let us all shop!

Spring 83rd – Noon – Centroc’s Supplies

Zandelia had been spending much of her time in the Spires guarding the afflicted, keeping them in line and failing miserably in just one instance, something she knew would mark her life as an event whether she liked it or not. She hated to be seen as a failure, the connotations far too close to the truth in her eye. She had decided that one of the few ways in which to be noted as a worthwhile individual upon the expedition was to prove herself as a hunter in the wilds. It was not a fully formed plan by any stretch of the imagination, but she had to start somewhere and as she approached the battered wagon of the retail center of choice in the area she knew she had to start from somewhere. She had noted with awe how the man in charge had managed to ingratiate himself to the local population with such ease, wondering if there were some skills he could teach her – with the right motivation.

At the very least it gives me the chance to purchase some supplies for my endeavor, though I’d always enjoy more than the material for my efforts she thought to herself as she began her survey of the goods on offer.

She was left alone for a long series of moments, Centros merely taking the opportunity to assess her as a potential customer before approaching her for a strong sale. She knew she was at the disadvantage in every way that was possible in their economic relationship. He had all of the goods she required and all she had was her money, and when it came to that fact the man’s lowered prices hinted at the fact that he held little consideration for making riches beyond measure. As she placed her fingers to her chin, stroking it in feigned deep thought she found herself wondering more upon what the man really held dear to his heart less than spending time upon considering the goods themselves. It was a foolish crusade of intellect, knowing she would never really know unless he opted to reveal it to her – he seemed enigmatic at best as a smile filled his visage.

“A good purchase that, very useful in the wilds there. Sleep Eggs are of great importance, if used well enough by the wielder. Small, but very powerful. Range too, no need to get in close to those big Jamoura hmm?” he spoke up finally as she flexed his many arms as came to stand beside her, surveying his own goods.

“What do they do then, besides the obvious I mean. They put things to sleep I presume? But how do they work exactly?” she asked him as she initiated the bartering process with the master beyond her compare.

“Oh well to tell you that would mean you could make your own. Bad for business, but nice try though…” he asked her informally, a laugh escaping his throat that caused her to shiver slightly.

“Zandelia” she responded simply.

“Ah, a nice name. You throw them, at the target’s face. Special concoction that puts even a Jamoura out for a long time. Works better on smaller things though. Starting an expedition then are you? Alone?” he returned.

“Perhaps not alone, I am not stupid. But yes, good money to be had and hearts to be won over. Might as well make the most of it,” Zandelia evaded his question slightly, pointedly not telling him exactly whom she would choose to accompany her, “what about these spears? Same effect?” she asked him in an attempt to push away his probing queries onto salesmanship. She picked up one of the spear-like weapons and swung it in her hand a little.

“Careful Zandelia, careful,” Centroc laughed again as he stopped her experimentation, “they are for throwing or thrusting anyways, no use swinging the thing when it’s the point that matters. It breaks off, infecting the hit with a venom that renders them…docile. Need a few for a Jamoura but one perhaps for Kelvics. Good choice for when there are many hunters at once to use them,” he responded, “good for you perhaps?” he let the question hang there, knowing she would not answer but telling her enough he guessed she would be bringing him more custom this day.

“Nets and snares need no explanation,” he continued, “but these – Punch Signals – they do. Hit this end on hard surface and smoke will appear. Perfect for signaling for help – or that danger lies where you are. For each hunter one Capture Pack of a combination of signals, snare, net and sleep eggs. On the…caravan” he ended, producing one from behind one of the boxes and handing it out to her.

She took it gingerly, nodding her thanks but wondering if such a show of generosity would dictate reciprocation beyond hard coin. If she had any correct measure of him she suspected it would one day, though not in ways she would be able to predict. She merely slung it over her shoulder and considered what the best purchases would be based upon his words. To her mind the sleep eggs were the easiest purchase but hard to carry in great quantity and required skill to use well. It was a secondary weapon in her machinations. No, she saw their use but thought the spears, and replacement heads she now noted, of better value. Nets and traps would be good but needed planned occurrences to use and so her team would need fewer of their number – if she could even get a team together.

“I think I’ll take three of the spears and twelve replacement heads to start with,” she told him as she thought out her purchases as she built her plans, “and these capture packs are better value for money if my eye does not deceive me. It may be slightly more expensive but comes as an easily carried bundle and creates more of a stockpile for usage” she finished, her words half-questioning.

“Smart woman, smart indeed. Money is not everything, well to you perhaps!” Centroc grinned as his arms shifted rapidly to stockpile what she was ordering, “perhaps we will meet again hmm?” he finished as coin was exchanged for the spears and heads – 9 gold-rimmed miza’s for the spears and replacement heads.

Now to think about who to get together, and how many damned packs will be needed she thought to herself as Centroc’s gaze seemed to itch at the insides of her skin.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 20th, 2012, 6:54 am

The Thief would move up behind Zandelia, clapping her on the shoulder as he leans over to take up a capture pack, speaking lowly to her, "I think we should team up for this little job I want to do. What do you think? Care to be my partner, partner?" Leon would ask quietly of Zandelia, his only friend in the 'Edge at the moment. He would simply lean close, keeping an eye on the shop keep before turning back to the Informant friend of his. "Well what do you say beautiful, care to take a thief up on a run through the fogged city to hunt down crooks?" He teased

ooc :
Talked to Shep. He said its okay if we act like the other threads finished and that we know each other dear
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shadowfang on April 20th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Shadowfang would much rather be asleep at the moment. The work and travel schedules in the Spires had messed up his internal clock, so he had quickly found that sleeping was impossible for now. In fact, he had almost seemed to change from nocturnal to a day-goer in the expanse of time he had been with the Crimson Edge. It was extremely annoying.

His inability to sleep coupled with the lack of anything useful to do had forced him to entertain himself by flying through the air and the trees of the forest and basecamp. In the midst of his flight, he noticed a familiar form outside the supplies shop, though the blinding light of the midday sun made it difficult to determine exactly who the figure was. In a split second decision, he descended and prepared to land. The Zith beat his wings as he neared the ground, creating a small whirlwind beneath him, as he landed in front of the two figures standing there. His examining eyes looked the two over. One was the face of one of his most trusted companions and teachers, here single eye capturing his full attention. He knew well enough to only look into that one eye, and to never be drawn to the other, scarred side of her face. This was Zandelia.

He only gave Leon a quick, bored glance. He did not know much about the thief, other than the fact that he was also a close ally of Zandelia's. Any friend of Zandelia's was a friend of Shadowfang's.

The items in front of them caught his attention and, without hesitation, he began rooting through the crate. Egg shaped items, snares, traps those things he presumed to be Punch Signals and a net or two. He quickly put two and two together. Having all this gear only meant one thing; something needed to be done, some task needed to be accomplished. And Shadowfang was more that willing to perform whatever task his teacher wanted him to do. He pulled his ready pack from his side - it already holding only his journal and his money - and held it in his hand, looking at her expectantly, ready to fill it with whatever gear deemed necessary.
Shadowfang
I Am What I Am

Words: 112301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on April 27th, 2012, 11:19 pm

It was as Zandelia was pondering her purchases that at least one of her two immediate questions was partially answered for her, and by an expected claimant. The steady hand upon her shoulder leant her some small portion of confidence, the gruff but semi-teasing voice a jocular counterpoint to her dark and deep musings. He was a useful man to know and a most advantageous thief if what they had already accomplished together was anything to make an assumption upon. Still, she was a little tentative in assuming from such past dabbling that Leon would prove to be a useful stalker in the forests of The Spires – she could not predict how anyone would act within the mists after all, she could only extrapolate upon known variables.

And that is just the problem, isn’t it Zandelia? A newly ‘elected’ leader who did not have the knowledge of everyone as Cade did. How can I even begin to build something from nothing but suppositions? she thought to herself as she gave Leon a wan smile, knowing that she would still need to build as best she could to solidify the Crimson Edge upon their excursion.

“Oh, I would never dream of leaving out my favorite rogue Leon, it’d be shame not to see you get a few coins for the journey after all. You’re too pretty not to get up enough money for a make-over after all” she jested back, a small smile upon her lips as she looked into his eyes, seeing solid resolution there. She was glad she had one ally at least that she could depend upon never to run.

“The mists do beckon rather nicely don’t they? Perhaps we will make a name for ourselves yet, rescuing this city from itself. Still, we need plentiful supplies first and I was merely thinking upon what would be required to overcome said tasks” she returned her gaze to the goods after placing her hand upon Leon’s shoulder in repeated greeting for a brief moment, letting it fall away after a few moments and a slight squeeze of pressure.

“I doubt that they’d like us calling their citizens crooks though, their leader is probably in there somewhere. I heard how he vanished – Marn. Large bounty on his capture I hear, five hundred gold miza’s for the team who brings him back alive and…unspoiled. I say we let that team be ourselves eh?” she spoke over her shoulder until Leon came to stand beside her, his own gaze looking over the supplies on offer outside the wagon.

It was then that the beating of wings and the draft of high-velocity winds caught the both, blowing Zandelia’s hair in various directions as she tried not to let a startle cause her to jump, but with only mild success. She shook the locks from her eye, raking the last of them back with her fingers as she turned in consternation to the newcomer, words ready to battle back against foolishness before being forced to bite her tongue as recognition seeped into her mind. Here was another ally, one she had tried t personally train as well as could be done in such a short space of time. She fancied he was ready enough to begin his first steps as a fighter by her side against the world. Shadowfang merely looked at her as she ferreted about his funds, his gaze expectant and untroubled.

“Leon, meet Shadowfang, another of my…associates. Shadowfang this is Leon, a good man to know in a tight spot,” she shared a glance with each of them, subtle but penetrating as she silently indicated they should make effort to get to know each other, “and it looks like we now have three hunters to band together too, what fortuitous circumstance indeed” she murmured as she shook her head a little at her only half-created luck.

“You both will need a few of those Stinger Spears, and some spare heads for our forays. You both get a free capture pack on…the wagon too,” she spoke out as she mimicked Centroc’s phrasings, “but the real question is how many other pack we will need and what other secondary items too. These will be long trips and I don’t want to be left short in the damned fog” she muttered, loud enough for them both to hear her.

“Thoughts” she asked them, half-demanding and half-questioning. She would be a leader to ask advice, not merely order without preparation and planning, she was not so foolish.

I]Trust is built upon listening and learning, not upon barking orders one after the other. They will gain more trust in me for it and I shall learn enough to gain some proper leadership skill beyond net-weaving[/i] she told herself as she awaited their own precious series of analysis.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Apos on April 29th, 2012, 12:25 am

Apos, even up to this moment, was thankful for the attire he chose to wear on this venture. His black, leathery suit proved to be quite comfortable in the midst of waking up to 45 degree weather and still feeling the chill of it across the day, feeling the temperature only rise by 5 or so. His crimson cloak helped combat the chilly winds that rushed from the mountain and he also realized that letting his hair grow as much as it did was also a good idea. He began to grow fond of it actually, placing a red headband on to add his own element of style to his outfit.

The lean Myrian trudged up the hill, returning from his daily walk around their Longhouse's perimeter. He did it moreso out of boredom than to actually accomplish anything. He knew that there were no dangers near their particular location, but he found himself having nothing else to do in the morning besides hacking at a tree with his weapons or doing floor exercises next to his bunk, so everyday around noon he went walking. Nearing Centroc's Shop, Apos' crimson eyes flashed over the group then to the surrounding area merely giving it a cursory glance. He didn't personally know either of the males, but he did notice Zandelia as soon as he saw the group. He squinted slightly as he walked, moving the fringe that emerged over his band slightly as he raked some hair from his eyes. He neared the group and gave a nod to the two men before rounding them moving towards Zandelia to look behind her to Centroc.

He gave the man a blank look as he turned a bit to look into the wagon at the supplies. Apos' tattered red cape, blew wildly in the wind as he reached in with his right hand and looked at the gear taking note of the nets, spears, eggs and other supplies Apos assumed they'd all need for whatever they were about to go do. He turned around and looked at the group, then to Zandelia, then back to the wagon as he picked up a loaded supply pack and slung it over his shoulder. He reached to his belt checking to see if he left any weapons, then after noticing he had them all, he looked back at Zandelia. He gave her a look as if to say
'you know I'm going.'

Cold and calculating, Apos refrained from saying anything. He didn't feel like he needed to-he felt that Zandelia knew his intents well enough. Despite his cold personality, he is not uncaring. He actually cares a lot about the well-being of members of the CE, though he didn't really care about what happened to the rest of the people who came with them. He also has a soft spot for Zan, though not romantically, he does what she asks of him, seeing himself as something like a shadow. She reminded him a lot of his mother to whom is the only reason Apos escaped Taloba and is alive today. Naturally a loner, Apos found it quite interesting that he's stayed with the 'Edge as long as he has. Usually carrying the traits of a drifter, he found himself staying in one place for once, even finding the means of potentially making the CE a permanent group of people to whom he'd refer to as his family.
Apos
Did you come here for answers? There are none

Words: 53448
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2011, 10:22 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on May 5th, 2012, 5:15 am

It was one of those days, cold, damp, murky! Ana was glad for such a black cloak, any sunlight that filtered through the trees as well as directly upon the flat land of the camp warmed the black matirial up just nicely. Bundling it up to herself, she had no reason to sneak around the camp but it made good practice with all this landy nature stuff to step on. So slink about she did, taking careful steps on grass, noting the crinkle and trying again lighter this time. Stealth, everything about her person was solely based on the skill as well as the nimbleness of her fingers for larceny, step, step, stop, she glanced around. Inhaling the cool air as she continued on, calculating her footsteps, step, step, snap! Cringing as she stepped on a twig and jumping a foot or two away from it having of surprised herself at the sudden noise. Staring at it, feeling like kicking the petching piece of scrap tree matirial, she continued on with a step, step, and another step, lightly and silently with as much concentration as she could. If anyone would have eyed her as suspicious, she had her answer good and ready that she didn't want to hurt the grass and would then chuckle at anyones reactions. Especially a Spirian reaction to her answer, it would have been simply hilarious!

Tree lovers, the lot of these Spirians, Ana grumbled lightly; amazed still at the huge trees they had passed by through the mists. But that didn't mean she'd go up and hug them and love them like the silly Spirians would probably do, Ana could at least respect most of the nature around the place but she wondered however any of them stayed warm without fire. Flame, heat, oh how Ana wished to have a big bon fire lately, step, step, step, step, step, crinkle! Ana halted her thoughts as well as her movement, again peturbed by the noises grass made and tryed to be even lighter on it. Inhaling slowly, then exhaling evenly as she continued to tip toe about the camp till she came up to what seemed to be a familliar wagon and its supplies. Staring at the loot that could be had, she shrugged the idea off and noted her fellow crimsons, Zandelia, Shang, Leon and Apos. Smiling lightly, she continued her stealthyness towards them and next to Zandelia, their temporary leader until things could be sorted out back at Sunberth. Silent like a cat, Ana stood by her and watched the 6-armed man and tried not to gawk at him. 6 arms! It was ludicrous! Ana had never seen such a person before with 6 arms! Shyly, she made her self known to Zandelia by giving a tug to her sleeve.

Noting the conversation as she did so "something about missions? I wanna help," she started off lightly, quietly, glancing at Mr. Centroc repeatedly and his quick hands. Why, if she had that many hands she would have looted the entirity of Sunberths pockets and gotten away with it quite easily! Taking out her purse, she held the meager coin inside it to Zandelia "it's not much, but I have no idea how to.. uhm.. barter.." Under the pauses of her voice, whispering, she had looked towards Centroc and back to Zandelia who seemed to know what she was doing with the supplies. The small thief just wanted to help in whatever way she could, heck, she'd go far some far-fetched ideas as well for Zandelia. The leader who had won her confidence in Sunberth from what seemed to be years ago, but was actually justs days and days, a little more than half of a season beforehand. Smiling up at her and then to Leon and Shang, giving them a curt nod as well as a brief "hello" to the two, whilst only partially noticing Apos was there. Such a quiet man, hard to not notice but still easyily over-lookable when his weapons were sheathed. Though Ana did admire his eyes.. She still liked her own rather alot, more than his, or anyone elses for that matter..

From the light purse to Zandelia, it wasn't often that Ana offered to be so charitable with her coin. The gold stuck to her like glue most times unless needed for expences.

oocI think everyone in the Crimson would have known everyone else by now to be truthful.. >.>
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zandelia on May 28th, 2012, 10:15 pm

“Good afternoon Ana, it seems our little party is increasing beyond what I had hoped indeed! All the same, it is for the better I think,” she spoke gently, a small smile upon her countenance as she looked down upon Ana’s purse clearly laden with gold, “a charitable offer you make and charity should not go unpunished eh?” she chuckled a little at that saying, apt as it was to her at least.

She gripped her spears in her left hand and hefted them for all to see clearly before letting them fall to her side once more. In truth she was quite happy that those whom were there had arrived when she least expected it. Either they knew her well enough to read her movements or she possessed greater luck than she assumed to possess. She had hoped to use their time in the Spires to build some deeper connections between those assemble more than the others – their uses to her own plans and that of the advancement of the Crimson Edge all too evident to the observant. A greater band of miscreants and misfits she could not imagine, but they held great potential for one willing to seek it.

And fortune smiles upon me indeed by granting me the tools and the time to build our little team. For better or worse… she thought as she walked between them in a considering manner.

Her mind had begun to trickle thoughts of improvement and adjustment in relation to the items on offer from the Ephyrian, mysterious as he was. What was there was useful that much was true, however she could see a way or two to get more out of them for the group. Still, the purchases would have to com first of all and the experimentation at a later time. Time was dwindling by the second, so many hourglass grains falling as they stood there in veritable silence – waiting for her direction. It was a solemn position of trust she held, only wishing she would prove capable of beating it. She stopped her pacing after a few moments and stood before them, her thoughts now metamorphosed into worded action.

“You each get a free Starter Pack that you should take now, se3eing as you will be doing some hunting. So that you get for nothing. But we need weapons, spears to be exact. Get a few incase of loss and breakage,” she stated simply for them, “and a good number of replacement stingers would not go amiss either. They are one use weapons after all” she continued as she stroked her chin.

“Ad for further expenditure, I have a few ideas but we will need the supplies to realize them fully. I’ll be getting a further three Starter Packs for the Punch Signals and the Sleep Eggs. Those two items intrigue me enough to gather a number of them,” she muttered out loud, “as for the rest of you I would recommend getting the equivalent in snares, eggs and signals if you do not want to buy the packs. I have the feeling we will need those three items the most if our tactics play out aright” she finished as she purchased her own three further starter packs from Centroc whilst the others gathered their won supplies.

That done she waited for the others to finish collating their purchases in silence, thinking through her rapidly assembling ideas. She would lead them away once done, back to their longhouse for the day so as to speak through tactics, abilities and strengths of their group. They would need to plan well enough to survive in a hostile and decidedly foreign environment. She was no fool, knowing they would have wise words for her to listen to if she but gave them the time to say them.

oocSorry about the huge delay here, I have been indisposed for some time. Thought I’d get it all moved along. So feel free to make your purchases and (if Ana is happy with it) you can take the cost partly from her. Zandelia will buy her own as she would see it as foolish to take from those not fully under her influence in case of resentment. Again, sorry.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes