[Tiki's Scrapbook] Tiki's Hideous House of Horrors...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Tiki on August 28th, 2011, 2:59 am

Likin' the alliteratiion, amirit? Welcome one and all, actually no, this is public so it might not be so nice that some of your are dropping by... However, being this is my little nightmare shack not all is lost. So...despite it being so mainstream to have a scrapbook I also need something to distract me, this might also turn into a wonderful vent tool later when I need to rage about some teachers. It's never the student's fault! It jsut means the teacher isn't trying hard enough! Keep telling ymself that, right? So, for a first post this is rather bland. I'm cosndiering writing a few things up for you the viewer to butcher, by which I mean literary "art" that I might submit for my senior year edition of my school's literary magazine.

In the meantime, I plan to use this lovely location to spill my guts a little bit more to all my wonderful friends and other people on Mizahar! I guess a first order of business is a more detailed itnroduction aside from my role play experience. So as obvious as it might be, I like to write it seems. Am I overly talented, I believe not... The best I've done, in my opinion, writing wise has been the extended metaphor I used in a gnosis request. Otherwise I am noticing I make brief use of most other literary devices, but of course if I use them anymore then reading my posts would be the equivilant of 10 molar hydochloric acid...A.K.A. melt your brain.

I'm a studious individual. I have been since elementary. Yes, I was that nerdy kid picked last during gym, some times second to last on account of the smelly kid. I had my ups and downs, but the fact is that I stand tall and proud, not literally I'm actually on the shorter side, as the third place holder of my class. That's right, rank three baby, and first by the end of senior year! It -will- happen... So this, being that year, is THE year to study my butt off and concentrate on school. I'm cursed though with an ever burning sensation of procrastination. I have work to be doing the isntant i'm writing this, but enjoying Mizahar is just so much better. I'll get it done, it might be 3 in the morning, but I'll have it ready.

That brings me to the next points, some words to describe me, or rather phrases and examples, my likes paragraph...or page, if you will. I'm a smarty pants, but as Goss points out oh so elegantly I can appear to be an idiot. I'm book smart, and naive in the street smart sense. Sheltered? Ya, that works. My parents never pushed my into anything. The last time they tried I was in elementary playing t-ball for the last time, I bet. In terms of a scholar, ya that's funny, I'm pretty well versed in a first year of everything if you find yourself looking for help with a trouble spot in science or math. English and history is pretty tough to help with though.

Enough of that, now I'm getting bored and a bit off topic. I look forward to sharing my evil plotting hypetheticals with you, or other random tid-bits of information and such. If you have any questions or comments this is going to be the best place to reach me outside of chat or PM. Until next time, maggots. (Oh come on, it's a joke! I'm trying to carry a theme with the scrapbook! >:D)
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on August 30th, 2011, 8:12 pm

The nightmare has begun once more at my lovely high school. After a series of water damages and such I now not only have an out door gym class, but I also am lacking in my promised parking spot after I carried, it's fact I and a nubmer of my friends probably carry this school academically, through the state standardized test...

My AP physics class made a nightmare of the rest of my day as I figureout I did all the wrong problems which I are now realizing to be maybe twice as difficult of that which was assigned. I can complain all I want of how hte print job was crappy, but it also seems I'm too dumb/overconfident to read page numbers. Whoops! So now, on top of my other AP class's monster syllabi, I have to redo ALL OF THAT in a single night against my exhaustion and head ache. Sadface for Tiki.

So, as obvious as it is, I am swamped...as much as I imaged I wouldn't be, teachers are taking no time to meld back into the school schedule, which mind you has been modified AGAIN and is as messed up as before if not worse, and expect us to get started with projects the first week. HAHAHAHAHA, funn-eh. Call me a masochist, but I have a feeling I'm going to tormet myself with these classes for one more year for some stupid grade again. If I don't find a college that wants me at this rate then I give up. Then again, I havn't looked into that EITHER.

Bare with me Mizahar, you will keep me sane most of all. I send out my appologies to those who I nag into threads and don't follow up with at a suitable pace. In Mizahar, you can write about killing without much punishment. Yeaaaah...

So the scrapbook is becoming more of a journal, oh wellz. Wish me luck and pray for me, thaaanks. xD
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on August 31st, 2011, 11:07 pm

So...I'm faced with a conflict of sorts. Hear me out on this a bit before you jump the gun and call me dumb, silly, etc. Throughout our lives there are a number of people we willingly give out our deepest, darkest of secrets to. I narrow them down to three categories: family, friends, strangers. Family, the people you are born amongst who supposedly have the instincts to protect and help you. Friends, the social connects with whom you share and bond with, sometimes to a degree mimicing the "instinctual/bloodline" bond of family. Finally, with the help of the internet, strangers...you people...and some of those weirdos on the street. Oh no, you're a bunch of weirdos too, don't worry, you cannot be out weirded either. xD Of these three categories two have failed me entirely as a group of trustworthy, and the others are unpredictable, scattered, and too broad to judge as a whole. You guessed it, I refer to you as that unpredictable group again.

So to get to a point, I have "secret" and it leaks out between family and friends at my own command. Family used it against me and continues such use of it, and the other proved lack of trust in not being able to resist the urge to turn back to be sure, or totally lash out and use it against me as well. Yes, Greek allussion...I totally forget the hero...he was a musician..underworld, etc. So really, where does that leave me with a faith in people, or rather should it leave me? Have I been purely unlucky or unwise in my placement of trust, or has society and individuals truly degraded so much? These are technically hypetheticals, but hey if you have input go for it. I'm trying to reason that I can't leave the fate of my faith in the hands of a few little mess ups, but what do I really have to work with then. :/
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on September 8th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Hello all. So school is starting to make more sense...getting back into the swing of things. Posting seems to be going pretty smoothly so...yeah! Of course withall this good something went wrong, and now my area is utterly flooded. Fortunately I'm on a hill and will in no way be effected other than my school closure.

So with these free days off into the weekend it's time to bother me like no tomorrow. I'm going to hav l of my labs and what not done for school, so then we can write into the night, weeee.

I am looking to try guest moderation... so consider this a make-shift office as well. Please use the standard mod thread request format listing, if I'm not mistaken, thread name (you won't have a link because I need to have my moderation privleges fo the thread approved first), plaers involved, purpose, etc. that sort of thing. I honestly can't think of the exact format... Why you might ask? I am eligible for a ST position come April, and though it's a while away I'd like to get a taste for it now. Please vew any of my PC's for a portfolio, or I can select some at request. My active PCs include Tiki and Valorae, though Ycea will be active once Charbosi is afloat, and then Inari will be soaring on the winds in due time.

Anyone looking to join the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee can see me as their Secretary...I hope to plan some events soon enough. Remember requirements are a feline PC or some sort and the endurance to withdtand an hour of endless Nyan Cat. :D Until later, au renvoir.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on June 3rd, 2012, 1:01 am

because...
Sharing is Caring...

Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on July 15th, 2012, 6:27 am

A few things come to mind lately, but I think the best thing was noted by Tock in chat. It was an obscure thing I read logging into Chat, and Tock just said scrapbooks are for anything. You can post anything you like in a scrapbook. It was so revealing and obvious, and I feel pretty dumb for saying it. :D The whole while I was thinking “Aw, yeah man, I’ll put some cool stuff in here…” and that won’t happen for a while. Also, title failure? It’s not THAT horrible or scary. Well, not yet at least…maybe?

So, anything right? Of course Mizahar’s rules apply still, don’t give me that look. My mind isn’t that corrupt. I’m in a state of reflection for some reason, probably that mind set returning as midsummer sets on and the thought of “holy cow it’s been a year already” is making contact. It’s been my favorite year for a while to remember, for a few reasons. So yeah, reflection…

I’m pretty school smart, or at least can memorize like a beast last minute and get good grades on tests and such. College is going to hurt if I don’t get that together…hehe. High school, in all its horror, is finally over. Senior year wasn’t the hot shyke people make it out to be. For me, I was downright sick of it, really just shocked I was hanging on to my academic habit when everything else just made me uncomfortable. I’m not a genius by any means, but some of the things people in my school said and did… “Why are you allowed to cross the street by yourself if you did THAT?!” Just hateful things come to mind, nothing nice. In some respects it’s justified, but generally speaking I shouldn’t judge so harshly. Different beginnings, you know?

One thing that I felt was always lacking was my writing. It still is, oh so much… Eleventh grade’s course was “American Authors.” We were introduced to the concept of a writing portfolio. “48 hours left? I’ll have it done…” That’s two 4-5 page essays on a school-year long study of an author, the other on the novel we studied in depth for the marking period; then there are two short story responses transferred and “revised” from a class blog sort of thing, and finally two journals* (lots of complaints about THIS, more like rants). Procrastination was ever present, and I didn’t like it. I would go brain dead before the big things were finalized, and basically crapped on the keyboard for the rest if I couldn’t copy, paste, scan over, and live with it. I think the worst part was I had a friend or two up with me each time, and I didn’t feel as guilty. The point is, it was always a bad experience. As always, by the end of the school year it’s like “YES, I GOT THIS” and finally wasn’t up till 3 a.m. for a particular portfolio. That being said, it’s also the end, and there’s no chance to try again. So all the attempts at learning and expanding upon the skill were now useless. If there is a reason to make school a year round event, that’s it. Stay focused.

So, over the four marking periods, the portfolios were shiiiit. I got Bs on them, I think. Yeah, one was 109/120, and they moved up like 2-5 points until the end, or down, who knows, who cares. What really pissed me off –PISSED ME OFF MAN – was the critique each time. My teacher was too busy sugar coating the grade to tell me to get my act together. It’s not her job, but it says a lot to me. It says “I’m done with it” or “I don’t care.” That might be my fault though too, and this goes back to portfolio number 1…

So those journals I mentioned, rather rants, were always an issue for me. We were meant to pick out our two favorite, develop them further, and send it in with the portfolio. Go figure, we read Melville’s “Bartleby, the Scrivener” – or rather “read” as I HATED the story and couldn’t get past a page of it to retain any bit of it, Nihilism is stupid IMO – and a journal we got was “I’d rather not…” Guess what, I’d rather not sit in class and listen to my classmates repeat each other for 47 minutes saying the SAME EXACT THING. The journal submitted was atrocious to look at, absolutely. I went to town on that thing, with page long paragraphs because I didn’t know where I should cut off and start over and such. You want to know what the criticism was towards me? “Maybe you don’t belong in this class.”

My jaw dropped, I was shocked. Honors since I had the chance, working my ass off, for that? Here I am in the class providing my own perspective of a story, or pointing out new things we didn’t mention yet, and I don’t belong here; did you fail to notice how the five kids before me said the SAME EXACT THING WITH NO USEFUL EXPANSION OF THOUGHT “I agree with what so and so said” (the best part is how they forgot the original thought, too worried about their own BS)? You know it’s utter bullshit and you’re telling me I don’t belong here?! Are you out of your mind? Did you not see my academic record? Like hell I don’t belong here! Of all the things to point out in the journal, that, instead of how I could be breaking up the journal or things I lost points for. The students were allowed conference time during study halls and such, so I took the opportunity to see what the hell was up. It was the same sugar coating and I got nothing out of it. The entire meaning of the comment was turned around me. Then again, going to a public high school that was so politically influenced internally, in what was in recent times the most corrupt county of the U.S.A. at the time, I’m not surprised. Goss put it somewhere very blatantly, “People lie” or something along the lines. It’s true, and it’s so frustrating and hysterical to see it right in front of you. Between my mom and myself, we chewed her out and it was just grammatical marks and the “good job” at the end… My writing was stagnant for the whole year. I learned nothing. I read maybe half the crap covered in the course. I used NONE of it later on. Considering this course liked to eat about 2-3 hours of my life every night, I am thoroughly, I mean royally P.O.’ed.

I got the 0.5 slapped on my class GPA for the American Authors course, which helped a bit… I still feel cheated, and it’s… disgusting. English at that high school consumed my life with amount of trivial, crappy busy work I was given. “Find at least five examples of literary devices in each chapter.” What do you want, five imagery examples? The hell? I know what a metaphor is, darling. I don’t need to give you five examples (that was 10th grade but still, ridiculous). I dropped martial arts the year before (10th) because I was so consumed with school work, the only “sporty thing” that really appealed to me. Video games, the raw button smashing kinds, were a vent to me where I produced nothing and now looking back I remember little of. These courses wasted my life, stole things I enjoy from it, and for a measly 0.5 on my GPA I am supposed to think it’s worth it. Yeah, I was fed the bullshit that colleges will be looking at that when they accept me. Nope, it’s still just a number. I could have been set with the 4.0 in the “college prep.” section. I gained some tools, that’s cool, but no one helped my hone my skill to use them. This is just English, people…you don’t want to read my other subject rants…

So now the start of senior year... I forgot the back story almost, yeah… So, my World of Warcraft subscription wore out midsummer of like… 2011. Besides that, my PC cannot handle its mad graphics since the Cataclysm expansion, so I would have paid to crash 5 times a day if I continued. I turned to other games I enjoyed, looking for roleplay and the like, but it wasn’t the same. The old players weren’t there anymore. The new ones were idiots to the letter. Trolls crashed games, or just quit mid story and ruined hours of preparation. It wasn’t worth it anymore. Oh wait…there’s that forum RP Mizahar… I started back up then. Early Tiki is the bookmark for such an event. Just how bad my writing was is there. I was then going into senior year with that background. FML, right? Apparently not…

For the first time since freshman year, I think, I was getting As in English again. The AP course I was taking was the same over and over: novel, READ IT, take notes on it, useless in class discussion to say we’re doing stuff here, objective test, essay test, rise & repeat. I didn’t contribute much more to the discussion this year, but my grades were still up. While I read the novels in front of me, the text starting to blur as I stare at the page for a few seconds, I was also on Mizahar. I was writing about things I liked, or at least what I felt was a good story at that point. I was exploring concepts, trying to express myself, that stuff. I also had the pleasure of writing alongside veteran players and getting a taste of their style too. I think that helped me more than anything ever learned from school. For that, Mizahar, thank you. Thank you Founders for the idea and motivation of creating this electronic behemoth for all other forum roleplays to dwindle in fear of, thank you players and staff for the wonderful experiences to learn and enjoy. We had our ups and downs, absolutely, but I gained more from it than I lost; I hope you have too.

Guys, it’s been a great ride so far. No, I’m not saying good bye. Are you crazy!? Mizahar is a comfort zone of its own. I’m not planning on letting go at all, and know better than to do anything silly that would upset people who think otherwise, hehe. I truly love it here. I’ve left my mark in some places, but I’m not finished. I hope you won’t be either, for a long time, reader.

But this whole rant and reflection comes to a point. I feel like Harvey Dent in saying, “I am Schism.” I know, you’re gasping, even though my secret identity was ripped to shreds in chat the first day. There’s a bit of modly things to do, with that said. To all PCs out there who haven’t had the pleasure, being a Storyteller is one of the just coolest things Mizahar has to offer. You do need to step up to challenges and responsibilities, but it’s so worth it, so worth it. On that note, I’m going to visit some horror stories.

Idk where I’ve read these things, but I know mods get caught up in life, and their own PCs. Some only have two accounts (mod and PC) and are still asking “Where did the day go?” Good sirs and ladies, I have Schism, five other active PCs, and I’m college bound. You see where this is going now…

I need to retire some of these. Rian is dropping dead. His concept, while something to explore, isn’t suiting for me. This leaves Tiki, Valorae, Tiaue`a, and Sashisaxani. I think I’ll be civil about it and go through the PCs individually to see what pros and cons they have to them. Some things I just want to be rid of thought, you know?

Tony teased me one day really bad about Tiki early on. I felt my face burning miles away from his source of thought and commentary. I was so embarrassed, and as you can tell, I link Tiki to some unmentionable times. He’s something special, and I want to take a look at him first. Reader, tune in, because how you see this situation does matter. You’re the person or people I play with. I know there are PCs you enjoy more than others. This post is at an end. Now then for the next phase of evaluating…
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 15th, 2012, 6:51 am

Wow.

So, first, props for a rather epic rant. I'm impressed just at the sheer verbosity and rantiness of it!

Second, I clicked this totally by accident... I was coming to check another scrapbook (I tend only to read the scraps of people I am threading with, JUST because there are 8 million scraps on Miz, and I can't hope to keep up with them). Yours was listed on the main page and I saw "Scrapbook" and clicked on it as a shortcut to the scrapbooks forum (click yours, click top menu, its faster than clicking resources > Writer's workshop > player scrapbooks, by all of one less click!)

Imagine my surprise when, upon doing so, I see my name at the top of the page! Obviously I was quite curious then and HAD to read the whole thing to see what's up.

So, here's some comments:

-I didn't know you were Schism (I'm horrible at keeping track of who is who on different names).
-I haven't had a chance to read any of your characters yet (once again, Miza = HUGE, my time = limited, so I tend to mostly read threads in Zeltiva). So I can't comment on which PC you should save or drop. But i know that feeling of needing to cut back. I had 6 characters and a Mod account on my old site before I came here.
-As for school... My high school experience was much like yours. Let me just comfort you by saying COLLEGE IS BETTER! Sure it will depend on the college you go to, but I found MUCH more freedom to express myself in college than I ever did in high school. So much so that I even last spring used an RP character from another site for a writing assignment in a class. The topic was open-ended with full freedom, so I was able to do as I wanted. If you get to go to a good school like that, I'm sure you'll be quite happy. Look for "Creative Writing" programs instead of "English". English is always stuff like you just described, reading boring crap and writing essays on it. Creative Writing or Writing Arts, however, is far more expressive and open.

Hope my little tidbits help, and I'm glad I prompted you to rant! Woo!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tiki on July 15th, 2012, 7:23 am

Tiki, “the curious cat kelvic.”

I guess this is a bit of an OOC dossier on the PC. I’m going to try to hit some points of his character and player experience. The ultimate goal is to see if he’s worth keeping or something to scrap. You can always start over, right? I’m just going to start with some free writing thoughts on the PC and his concept as well as his history on the site to get myself warmed up. Listening to some of these depressing songs really don’t help Tiki’s fate either (i.e. “Closure” – Chevelle rofl).

I’m trying to dig deep with this one, but going back to PC creation… Tiki wasn’t supposed to be the ideal me, but a bit of an opposite. I had physics the year before, and I know my teacher will die saying it, but the analytical eye is a blessing and curse. I am overly critical of just about anything I see, read, hear, etc. Tiki was supposed to be an escape from that. However, I also knew I want to preserve or flaunt a voice of my own “intellect” (derp, failure). It was…bad.

As a concept and personality, Tiki worked wonders. He was a free spirit dreaming to just be free-er. Even in the open world he felt trapped on the ground and envied the birds. In retrospect, I felt trapped and still do. I felt trapped in my school work, social cliques, and shit like that. Yes, shit, I have a potty mouth. Fortunately, there will be no F-bombs. I still feel bound by some of these things, but like Tiki, I’m finding myself. That’s why I feel a big part of killing TIki would be killing the past, or cutting it off. I could let go of a lot of said “shit” and move on, and take another step closer towards a “self actualized” self so to speak. Tiki was a first step. Flying with the eagles is a very personal theme with Tiki and I. In spite of all envy for freedom, I just love the feeling. I’ve never flown in an open plane, hell I’ve never been airborne without something attaching me to the solid earth. I love the sensation I think it has, flying that is. Roller coasters and thrill rides like that probably don’t do it justice. The pulling restraints always ruin my feelings of free falling, the wind sweeping through my hair and over my skin, the cool sensation, falling so fast you can’t breathe. It’s so easy to let go. I think I’d love to be a pilot, but not in the sense that people hire for, so…idk. I’ve considered, more so “dreamed” about space programs and such, but I’m really on the fence about it. I think I’d love to go into space, but, just but… and so many what ifs keep me pinned down. I need my wings though, man, for sure, one way or another. Tiaue`a, my third developed PC who I’ll evaluate later, was a big part of that opportunity to explore it, maybe even a second step.

Writing for Tiki was never anything great. As soon as I started on his writing, Valorae crept back into my life like the ghoul under the door. She’s next no worries. So, in seeking freedom, I pulled myself back again. Tiki became a vent then, and little more. His crush on Kendall (Omg Mitch Hewer!!! :D) was a part of that and such frustrations. Nothing weird, creepy, or pushy, just “hmm that’s a pretty face. Let’s have Tiki talk with her and see what happens. Sarah disappeared for her own reasons, and that’s fine, I just hope she’s well. Tiki moved on over the world and wound up back in Spires. Dani, and Hadrian, have a great offer. Tiki’s interaction with magic, the fear and fascination, is just so…natural, you know? The bond mate idea sounds great, but –oh yes another but – Tiki and magic don’t mix. Hadrian’s a good concept and such, but it’s bad news for Tiki. Kelvics are meant to change with their bond mate’s attributes, yes, but it takes Tiki down a path I don’t want him to go. I can’t handle it from that perspective. I see it as putting a leash on Tiki and dragging him back into the orderly world. I’d totally contradict myself.

Another dark aspect to Tiki is his naivety and innocence. “Your big black cat kills for a living, and you call that innocent?” He’s innocent in some respects that Ethan highlights in our lone thread together. I wonder if STs are left wondering how Tiki has lived as long as he has for the head he has on his shoulders. To have Tiki killed would be symbolic of how innocence doesn’t last, and while it’s not exactly bildungsroman (sp?) it works… especially in Mizahar’s post apocalyptic world.

Tiki’s skills are a joke. I’ve taken him to places where such skills aren’t needed and the one I’ve tried to develop are boring to me. If I have to write another hunting thread, I might just shoot myself, seriously. I don’t care for hunting is all, and it’s not a story, it’s work. I don’t write it, and I have a feeling the STs don’t like grading them. He has no reasonable skills to keep him alive though and I’m not in a mood to alter his concept to make a living. I can start new.

I think Tiki’s death opens opportunity for Hadrian and Ethan too if we ever flesh it out. Tiki was supposed to meet him in Zeltiva at some point. The idea I had at that point was “Alright, I have a bond ate settled, but Tiki’s not ready. I’ll give Tiki another year to grow up, become his adult Tiki self, and then bond him to Hadrian.” he can keep his identity that way. I’m not in a mood to wait a year for hunting and more thread with a big, dumb cat. I’d much rather kill him, or – if it’s even possible – make him into a NPC. He can be his Tiki self in the Spires that way and I don’t have to bother him then. The Jammies seem to like him anyway.

So that’s a lot to say, and a pretty decent argument to kill Tiki. I wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t explore the pros and success of the character though.

To quote Macabre, “Notes: Boy, I hope I got everything. I’ve become a fan of Tiki; he’s a well-written Kelvic, and I like his inner approach to magic. It’s the way it should be. Thanks for writing such a wonderfully simple, yet complex character.”

I want to kill Tiki and then I’m reading that. Heck, part of chat refers to me as Tiki. He’s a PC and identity is some respects. I’m humbled by such a comment that I’ve hit the nail on the head when it comes to Kelvics. I’ve only been here a year, but MAN do I read about the frustration with new kelvic NPCs. I’m ranting and hateful, so I’m going to rip some other kelvics a new one here. You’re too human, too intelligent, and fail to capture the animal aspects. It’s great that horses or wolves or w/e bird you have are cool and shit, but you’re missing the point. Did you look at the animal’s behaviour at all in addressing the concept? I didn’t at first, but thankfully did soon after and fixed a LOT of his concept early on. Xnnnnnnnnnnn w/e PC pisses me off more than most. A few reasons: 1) a kelvic is not a reason to write with bad grammar; 2) That CS font is DAMN ugly, huge and obnoxious, though this is totally off topic of kelvics 3) I kind of feel ripped off reading the CS as far as I get because the approach looks like mine. I mean, I’m not the first person to try it, and shouldn’t try to claim it, but reading it bothers me. I tried to do something I thought was unique and that happens. I know someone must have done it before me though, so I will stop that right here... :D 4) Xnnn was going to join Hadrian’s little band wagon at some point in our travel to Zeltiva. I proposed the awesome idea of the big cats being territorial and maybe getting into a scrap (mind you, Tiki’s stats were lower and less directed towards combat that wasn’t killing cute, fuzzy bunny rabbits) and he backed out. Wtf? Do you not realize how great that would be in looking at the kelvic persona?

Otherwise it’s the league of snow leopards, lone wolves, melanistic panthers (derp...wha? again, do you read the animal you’re roleplaying or what? seriously? do you know what that word even means?) and other obscure...things. There are a few, FEW, excellent kelvics I’ve also read over, don’t get me wrong. I was really pleased when I saw a PC mention the mating experience of a relatively young kelvic. Some people were all “what, ew, gross” but that’s the point. Kelvics are animals, get that in your freaking heads.

Mini-rant over. The point is I feel I’d do Mizahar a disservice by killing Tiki. At the same time, one of you readers is probably reading this and thinking “Good, I hope you kill all your PCs and quit, b****.” I just hope it’s not because what I said above is all true, because you’re missing the point then, big time.

Tiki isn’t the hottest thing on the block, but he has something going for him...apparently. I think he’s served his purpose though, in which case Lhex is calling... “Sup?” Tiki will ask with a smile on his face, as always, as he looks up at the tier 1 God ready to pass him onto Dira. I’m too lazy to do a pro-con list actually... Fact is, Tiki, for all the incredible things he was suppose to do and explore, never did in thread because I distracted myself. Multitasking is BAD, in fact it’s WRONG. Just say NO! I think I’ve convinced myself Tiki’s ready to die. What this means for PCs I’m threading with: I’d feel dumb to leave threads undone. I have some solos left, as well as other PC interactions in the works, a quest included. If you see a summer placeholder, you know what it’s for. I’d rather not take more threads than what I have. OOC stuff will be continued on Schism more likely than not. I know I have development in the works that I’ve not touched since like...late fall. It’s because I fell victim to new PC frenzy, and this is the cure.

You think Tiki’s worth saving? Convince me. Show me proof. Tell me. I’m saying I don’t enjoy him now, but that might just be because I can never play him. Otherwise, we have more PCs to be unleashed.

I didn't forget about you Tock. But yea, I read that and was like "Oh...I should let this out then because it's been bothering me." Thanks for the encouraging words and our input. I had teachers who should not have been teachers. They were more worried about their own understanding than ours, and it didn't help me as a student.
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on July 15th, 2012, 7:47 am

Valorae, that B-face in Sunberth who can’t make up her mind for her life’s sake…

Would you believe it, Valorae was at one point an anthro? Omg yes a furry. I mean, omg, no, ew! WC3 has its unique player base. A friend thought it was a great idea if I made my mage, elven or something to start, a “neko” or something instead. We rolled with it, and some nice stories did evolve that had nothing to do with her heritage. The same problem happened though, but we’ll visit that later in the rant. I want to cover Valorae’ concept first in all her forms.

Power hungry ‘female dog’ all the way. She’s not nice, she will cut you down, she wants power. Yes, this too goes back to me letting out some part of myself, wanting some power and control in life. Fortunately for Mizahar’s size her “problem” might never surface. On WC3 and WoW, the criticism I always received was along the lines of the PC being too dominant. Her personality just rolled over everything. The plots were eventually driven towards her, r she became part of the star cast. She hogged the spot light I guess. The WC3 version of that critique was sadness, because I was struggling to get away from her concept with new characters that my group disliked. The WoW event was hysterical as a second coming though. The idea of history repeating itself just worked well. I weaved my web, and Siku’s quote, "To be loved is to be fortunate... but to be hated is to achieve distinction” was a reality. She guild she moved up the ranks in so quickly, the guild I fostered into a huge success, turned on me. The real kicker was that OOC drama became IC drama because the guild leader was such a douche. It was all very political, and pissed me off too. Valorae’s IC snobby-ness, and my own I suppose… :D, just didn’t mesh well and I got the boot – not before reclaiming my half of the guild vault though.

Valorae is volatile ultimately. She has a snappy personality and usually had the power to bring about her bidding. In light of recent events, I know this wouldn’t end well in a long run story without adding a great deal of patience and mercy to Valorae’s concept. Fortunately, with an Ethaefal character choice I have an opportunity for such. I dragged her back to earth that way. It was initially an effort to preserve her image, something unearthly, but I think her hitting the world head first with the bodies in Sunberth was a good reality check for the concept. “You’re mortal…enjoy.”

I mention this previously somewhere, but Valorae was not meant to happen. I fought over the idea, thinking I was rid of her, but I brought a past concept in with me instead because it was easy. Now she’s sitting in a basement playing with knives made of wood. Certainly not the same mage and the rogue identity is something neat to explore. If and when I ever get through that mess of training threads, I fear she’ll have the same effect in a new environment: get powerful, assume control, cut down what gets in your way. It’s very Hitler-esque which is what’s bad about it, and destroys the original image of whatever organization she picks to use as her vessel. That can’t happen, or at least shouldn’t. In part it would be great, but it’s not worth it.

What’s not worth it? Looking back at all of these events of being shot down, it’s clear I’m wasting my time building her up to fall each time. I need to take control of my life, and I think I have in a similar fashion to Valorae already which is…not good. I get the complaints about being rude, but I don’t care. If I want to tell you something I will tell you. It’s “ballsy” apparently. I’m just being honest. Or I’m rude or snobbish or snotty or something else. No, the fact is something you’re doing isn’t settling well with me and I want it to stop. Also wrong, Ryan…

Fact is there are things about myself I need to take care of, and I’ve finally reached that point in my life, the maturity needed to see it. It’s a revelation of sorts. It clicks now. There are people I need to sit down and talk to where I can say “This is my life, and you need to understand how I want to live and do things. I’m sorry if you don’t approve, but that’s too bad. That’s why I’m me, and you’re you.” Now then, back on topic.

That means Valorae is obsolete as well. I really don’t care to take her much further. She’s too driven as it is. I have some training threads to finish in the long run, but she’s sure to meet her end in a job thread with the Night Eyes soon, very soon. Problem is, without her “teleport” magic, she’s going to get herself into a tight spot, and when she does, even if she kills her target, she can’t just pull out. If she does make it out by some miracle…well then that’s just a sign isn’t it?

Now, if you think Valorae’s worth saving, humor me with evidence. So far she just seems to be a bit of a schizophrenic as her Myrian past life interferes with the present, and talks to a rat named Eva…
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on July 15th, 2012, 7:51 am

Oh right, another thing. Valorae was going to be the hate tool to kill PCs. For obvious reasons, that's bad and I'm guilty and dumb for even thinking such evil things. She is evil, isn't she... Refuse her, dear reader, in any form!
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next