No breakfast... again (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nai'shee on May 30th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Timestamp: 64th of Spring, 512 AV, Morning

Nai'shee woke up late that day. She had nothing to do, anyways, but it was unusual for her not to be awake at that clock. Looking up at the Sun she surprised how far is it. She slowly stood up, still sleepy. Yesterday's work really exhausted her. After giving herself few minutes of stare and completely waking up she stood to dress up. She could only hope that she still has some of her breakfast. They were lacking in food and it wasn't smart choice to stay sleeping late. Maybe there wasn't breakfast at all, it wasn't unusual thing to happen in last few weeks. She'll at least be able to grab some lunch soon enough. She stopped to consider. She felt great, full of energy. She knew her Djed level must have been high. She should get some practice today. Most of Professors were busy too often, because lots of students applied for classes after The Storm. It was probably useful to be able to use magic for getting food or learn thing or two about surviving in wilderness. People were desperate. So, she doubted she'll have any classes today.

She was wrong. On her way to cafeteria she met a girl, a little older than her, a student too. She met her in the corridors few times and noted that she was student too, in East Wing to be precise. She tried to catch up with everything and everybody around her so she would have info for a job if something comes up. However, the girl addressed her, so she stopped and turned to her.

"Nai'shee?"

"Yes?", her tone was confused, but friendly. She only wanted to go and have some food, but her curiosity kept her where she stood.

"Mistress Farah sought you. She says she has time for a Reimancy class, if you are free." Oh, great. That much about not having a class.

"Where?", she asked, immediately.

"I can lead you", she shrugged, obviously too lazy to explain. She gave cafeteria a sad look and decided to follow the girl. She didn't have anything by herself and now she realized that she haven't even read the book she got from Mistress, Reimancy 101. She paid attention on the way they were going, since she will most probably have all Reimancy classes in that classroom, but her mind was on thinking of excuse. Mistress probably wouldn't be angry, but she was embarrassed for being so lazy.

"There it is."

"Oh... Thank you!"

She knocked two times and entered, without waiting for reply. She really liked the classroom. It was kind of weird, how all the classrooms looked somewhat different here. They were probably all designed by Professors' taste. This was in greenish tones which Nai'shee couldn't connect with Mistress. She, herself, stood leaning on one of the tables, obviously waiting.

"Good morning, Mistress."

"Good morning, Nai'shee", she replied. Her voice was tired. Nai'shee didn't doubt that she gone trough much during the whole crisis. "I thought you would come. By the way, you may address me as 'Professor' now, if you'd like." She nodded shortly, realizing that it was completely unimportant. Professor Farah continued: "I guess we should start as soon as possible. How are you?"

"I'm... fine. I'm a little more tired than usual, but despite that I'm okay. And wounds are healing quickly, I don't even replace bandages as often anymore."

"That's great to hear! Tiredness might be side effect of initiation, it was two days ago, after all. I'm sure you're going to get better really soon. However, that means we should get to work. Are you reading a book I gave you?"

"Erm... about that... I was kind of busy..."

Mistress gave her a long stare. "Never mind it, then. I'll try and go trough basics. You already know most of it, don't you?"

She counted on her fingers: "I know about Djed, Res, elements, overgiving... Danger?"

"I guess it's enough to begin with. However, I would advice you to read the book I gave you as soon as possible, it will make you things much easier. Now, I guess we can move to practice. I won't repeat anymore, don't go over your limits, you already have experience with personal magic and you know how much Djed can you use. Don't risk anything or even approach a limit while practicing. It's better to stop in the middle and leave the whole room wet, burnt or whatever, than overgiving. I'm here to stop whatever you may cause. Now, since your element is, by my opinion, the least dangerous one, we won't form shields for practicing. However, try hard on your shielding classes, more than those, because it will really be useful for later practice of dangerous techniques. For now, I won't ask you to do anything complicated. Listen carefully now." She went to the other side of the table she was leaning on and took an empty bottle and pushed it to Nai'shee.

"This is simple training of control of Res. You currently can't keep it from transmuting into water, at least not for a long while. You won't grow to do it for a while, too. However, this is the quickest method for you to practice it. You have to fill this empty bottle with water, without touching it. But, however, you must do it in one turn. If you transmit less than enough Res to fill this bottle we'll just spill it and you start over. We have about...", she looked at the clock above the door, "forty minutes for it. After than I have another student. You may practice alone, as well, but be very careful, it is not my responsibility if you don't follow what I told you." With that, she sat down and patiently looked at her.

Nai'shee frowned at the bottle. She repeated the process she did the last time, when she discovered her element was water. It was pretty obvious that she was channeling Res trough her hands now. It felt a bit easier to do it with her dominant, right hand. She imagined the substance in air. She made it more quickly than last time, but it was going slow and she couldn't bring it to the bottle. Soon enough floor in front of her was wet. She innocently looked at Mistress.

"No worries, no worries, it happens all the time. Be happy that your element isn't fire, that could be a problem." She smiled. Her words completely hid her opinion on Nai'shee's first try. Was she good? She was probably miserable, she couldn't even reach the table. Only then she noticed table was empty. Experienced, she thought.

She tried again. Her brain wanted to spill across the floor out of concentration. However, she managed to bring it only a inch further. She lost much Djed in those two tries. She wasn't even close to half of it, by her judgment, but it was still more than she ever lost on one try of magic discipline. However, she repeated it. Inch by inch, she was approaching the bottle. Floor was completely wet by then and she felt awkward repeatedly making some of cleaners more and more work. But she kept going. Her last try reached the table, but it sill wasn't close to bottle. Mistress said her forty minutes are over. Nai'shee sighed. Her head hurt.

"Is headache usual-?"

"Very common", Mistress cut her question in half. "I would suggest you eating something sweet or some sugar and water, but in city's condition..." Nai'shee smiled. "Don't practice today, you lost much Djed on this. Most I would allow you is a bit of Flux now and then if you need it. Understood?"

"Yes, Professor."

"Very well. You may leave. Oh, and, would you tell Nick O'Brien to come in two hours if you see him? The short human boy in early twenties-"

"The one who dresses weird?"

"Well, erm, I wouldn't say..."

"I'll tell him", she left stunned Mistress Farah with a smile.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on June 5th, 2012, 5:45 am

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is its own reward.
Nai'shee's Loot :
Nai'shee

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1XP
Reimancy +1XP

Lore:
Staying Connected
Train in Moderation

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes: I think of writing reimancy as having two parts. The technical objective (how the djed moves and it structured) and the sensation of use. Keep in mind you are using your life for here, it moves you emotionally and physically, write about how that feels.

(I enjoyed the minimal banter between the Prof and yourself, however, I don't appreciate posts done right before season turn for the simple sake of getting xp. This could have been put down as a placeholder then done properly at a later date. I know you can write better threads than this I've seen them. Luv ya, Nai'shee.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook