[Kaeson's cottage] Saying Goodbye (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 31st, 2012, 6:51 pm

91st Morning of Spring

"Is this it?" the young woman asked, obviously dissapointed as she stepped into the small cottage. "I had expected it to be...a little bit more, considering your asking price. 500 mizas is quite a sum, especially since the cottage is rather lacking." She paused as she walked alongside the walls. Frowning, she asked, "20 x 20? I suppose the furniture would be included?"

"Uh, yeah -- I mean, yes, ma'am. The furniture is included and uh, the cottage may be..., "Kaeson paused, struggling to find the right word. "Homey. The cottage is homey." Quickly, Kaeson smiled at the young woman in hopes it would convince her to see his home in a new light. After all, she would be the one would be hopefully funding his university studies with the purchase of his Zeltivan cottage.

"That's very nice -- Kaeson, was it?" The young woman briefly asked, barely recognizing Kaeson's nod before she continued. "But homey is not exactly what I need right now. I had been hoping for something...well, something a little bit more then this. Honestly, Kaeson why would you expect someone to pay 500 gold mizas for this? Maybe if you bumped the price tag down, but I just don't see it --," she tried to say, but Kaeson interrupted her.

"Honestly, ma'am, I should be charging more," Kaeson said, knowing very well that was a lie. He felt horrible trying to take advantage of the woman before him, but he needed those 500 mizas -- Kaeson needed a way to pay for his classes at the University and after all, he HAD paid 500 miza to live here. "I should be charging an extra, uh, 100 miza -- considering you would be hard pressed to find any other cottage in Zeltiva in better condition then this one," Kaeson lied again, he knew very well that the homes had been one of the first things the government had rebuilt, but Kaeson also knew that the woman before him wouldn't know that. "Besides, "Kaeson added, "Have you seen the view you'd have?" He asked as he opened the window that faced the famous Zeltivan Harbor.

"Oh...," the young woman muttered as she peered out the window. Kaeson smiled, he knew he had her now.

"Right, so here's the money, 500 mizas exactly," the young woman said, handing Kaeson the coin purse, "I'm Adina by the way,"

"Thanks, Adina, enjoy the house!" Kaeson said, as he made his way to the university to ask for a dorm and arrange his classes for the summer session.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cascade on June 7th, 2012, 7:59 am

Adventurer's Loot

Kaeson's Loot :
Kaeson

Skill XP Reward
Negotiation +1

Lore:
Selling A House

Items or Consequences:
+ 500 gold mizas
- 20 x 20 cottage, furniture included
Short and sweet, but the purpose was achieved. Enjoy your 500 gm! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)