[A&D] Summer Festival: Laat's Riddle Hunt

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Liar on June 1st, 2012, 1:09 pm

[Announcements and Discussion]
Summer Festival: Laat’s Riddle Hunt

Overview
The wheel of the world turns, and the Eastern monks take their turn to host the seasonal festival in Laat’s honor. On the 44th of Summer, they reward the day’s cleverness, community, and merriment with a riddle-based scavenger hunt.

It works like this: all interested parties meet at the doors of the Vault, where Heavy Coffers monks supply them with a riddle. The answer is always a task and a location somewhere in the city. Upon completion of the task at the location, they will be rewarded with another riddle. The first to answer four riddles wins the prize of 100 gold (per winner) and the title of The Golden Mind for an entire year—which, if nothing else, grants a few discounts from Eastern merchants.

Rules and Information
1. Your character must be in Nyka on Summer 44 to participate.
2. You may participate in a group or individually. Each party must request their own thread from Liar, who will introduce the first riddle. Every participant’s requested thread will be posted by July 10.
3. Agreements on posting time and order are not necessary, but advised. I will abide by them if you do make them.
4. All riddles will be based solely on the descriptions of locations in the linkmap, including NPCs and price lists. Difficulty will increase as more riddles are answered. You must complete the task as well as reach the location to receive the next riddle.
5. Up to three hints will be supplied to each team or individual as they are requested, over the course of the thread.
6. It is your right as a player to make any frustrations known.

Note
I will be busy for the month of June, so I hope this will officially start around the beginning of July. This should be enough time for you to decide on groups, if any. I understand that this city has a relatively small player base and I’m perfectly willing to write a single thread for all participants, if you like. Feel free to discuss here or PM me.
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kit on June 9th, 2012, 8:49 pm

I would be interested in this, but would fail at it on my own. If anyone wants me to join their group, please let me know. :D
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kassan on June 11th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Perhaps we should have one single team if that works, as there's only a few of us around.
Kassan
Scion of Uphis

Words: 40201
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Malavos on June 12th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I'd probably fail too being a kelvic, even more a paranoid one. Yeah its a double, hard for the hunt and hard for a team but I still need one haha.
Malavos
Player

Words: 14012
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jay Dasher on June 12th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Malavos I will team up with you. Two kelvic minds think alike. well unless it is a cat and dog.
Jay Dasher
Player

Words: 5853
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Destaveka on June 28th, 2012, 8:28 pm

I have already agreed to do it with Jay so do kit and Malavos want to join us.
Destaveka
Player

Words: 1303
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Kit on July 9th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Ok, so I want to hijack this thread for discussing how our party met up, and why we decided to do the riddle hunt. The simplest possibility, according to Liar, is that if you show up without a group, groups are assigned, which I think works great, unless you guys want there to be more to why we're a group <.<

Also, given that Kassan's the only non-Kelvic, I nominate him our "unofficial" leader :P Keep us out of trouble, bro!
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Character sheet

Postby Xavior Silhouette on July 16th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Just letting y'all know that I'm available to do this solo or with a team. As long as you don't mind a brawny, scary, heathen licking their chops behind you every step of the way...WHAT? I have dry lips, gotta keep them wet.
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kassan on July 16th, 2012, 4:49 pm

The quest has already begun - so I'd advise PMing Liar if ya wanna jump in.
Kassan
Scion of Uphis

Words: 40201
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Liar on July 25th, 2012, 2:48 am

Xavior is welcome into the thread if the rest of you would still like a four-person group. :)

I answered a few questions in PMs that I'll post here for the sake of clarity:

It's your job to decide a post order, if you even want one, but I will not post until you actually reach a new area. Once there, I will post to tell you whether you are wrong or right. If you're right, you'll get a new riddle.

You need to complete four riddles within two months to win. I've pestered people for you already, but really it's your responsibility to either talk to those you depend on or work independently.

If you want to branch off of the group, you may do so in the same thread and you will simply receive different riddles.

In sum, talk to each other! This can be as much an OOC challenge as IC, and an IC thread is not your only means of communicating with each other. You have chat, PMs, and even this A&D.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here!
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Next