(Flashback) A Package? Where? (Waheed)

Syrah and her family recive a package from her brother Gris, delivered by her old friend/enemie, Waheed, from school.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Syrah Steele on May 23rd, 2012, 12:29 pm

Syrah laughed at Waheeds comment. "I have guests coming. I can't drink to much now." It was true, her drunken state was not a pleasant one. Well for those around her, especially the men, it was, but she didn't like the carefree manner of her alcohol drowned personality.

Syrah was always a bit closed, more than a bit. She only opened up to good friends. Waheed was the only good friend she had still. A few from school would nod their head maybe, but most had grown up and gotten tired of her attitude. Only Waheed had stayed. She couldn't open up her to her dad, he was all about business, wouldn't open up yo her mother, they were not friends, and didn't ever get the chance with her brother. He grew up to quickly, let the house to fast, and now is starting his new family in the blink of an eye, not to mention her jealousy of Gris.

No one really knew about that. Maybe her mother got a hint or two, but never really put that together. Maybe Waheed did when she was drunk, but she was sure that if he did, he wouldn't mention it. Waheed is always a great friend. The few times he had seen her drunk he never took advantage of her, whether he wanted to or not. He had always brought her home to the cool of her own bed and her mother watching disapprovingly over her.

But even so she slowed her sips on her family's wine, just to make sure she didn't get a bit tipsy. She watched as he tried the wine and remembered that he didn't much drink alcohol, oops, she must've subconsciously brought it out for her own pleasure. He seemed to be enjoying the food and she smiled at that.

Her mother caught her stare from the kitchen window and shook head while walking back in. Syrah rolled her eyes. Her mothers disappointment of her and favoritism of Gris had used to hurt her, now it was as if the scar was too deep and the surrounding area couldn't feel anymore pain.

She turned her gaze back to the eating man again. "So hows the business Waheed? Don't need any help do ya? I'm always here if you do." She smiled. Syrah said this to him every time she saw him. She knew he didn't make much money in his work and she was sure she could convince her dad to give, if not loan, out some money to her friend.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on June 2nd, 2012, 12:24 am

As Waheed ate his meal took a small sip of the family’s famous wine, he gazed at Syrah softly…. He didn’t know why he enjoyed looking at her, he knew her for so long…. Saw the good and the bad, more often than not the bad, but still he enjoyed looking at her. His mind went back to how the family was essentially divided, her and her father on one side, while her mother and brother on the other. No matter how many times he thought of it was saddening, he realized where the fault lay…… on the parents for showing such obvious favoritism ‘Yahal, I hope someday that this rift will be fixed’ He silently wished of the god of purity.

As he ate his meal he turned his head to Syrah and gently smiled “ No, I make a tidy living from my deliveries Syrah. I have food, drink and a place to stay, what more could I ever want?” ‘CERTAINLY not this tacky stuff’ He added silently, still complaining of the expensive items that could be sold and used to feed an entire village for a lifetime “And as much as I know of the leeway you have with your father Syrah, it would be wrong of me to ask of such a favor. If anything I’d rather have you put a good word for me so I can have a more steady stream of customers’ He chuckled as he took a large portion of his meal and gulped it down like a ravenous dog “ Er….. in regards to your brother’s wedding, do you think he’d mind if I came too?” He asked, truth be told as much as he was happy for her brother but the wedding was an afterthought for him, knowing Syrah she’d feel miserable at the wedding so… him there might help a bit ‘Maybe….’
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on June 5th, 2012, 12:05 am

"Right, right. You're all zen. Don't get what you don't need. Lighten up Waheed! This stuff is cool!" Syrah exclaimed but then laid the subject to rest. The two of them were so different, yet they were such good friends. He saw the good in most people where Syrah saw mostly the bad, he was a calm rational person while Syrah could be irrational if something got her upset. But he was her friend, and she was glad to have him.

Which is why she jumped at his offer to accompany her to the wedding. She would have had to go with her mother who would be extremely overjoyed at the whole thing and probably give her mean looks the whole time. And she would be sitting down when people timed to talk to her and trying to ignore the whole thing even if she did want to go. Syrah was smart enough to know that maybe they could fix what was between her brother and her and if that happened she would regret not going to the wedding. "That is a great idea! Who knows what the wedding will be like for me. And I'm sure Gris wouldn't mind, you guys are friends right?" her mother would defiantly bring some wine, even if her father forbid it. But it didn't matter. She was glad she didn't have to be alone!
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on June 9th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Waheed's eyes brightened up considerably as she accepted, if anything he'd be able to keep himself close to her and help her when needed "Close enough, we're more like friendly associates rather since I usually only meet him when delivering items to him" He said as he nearly finished his meal and took another small sip of the wine 'Of course...now that I'm going with her, how I'm I make sure she doesn't drink too much?' If Syrah were to feel miserable at such an even then her rather entertaining intoxicated nature could cause problems, much less embarassment 'I do hope she doesn't partake in wine' He may have been giving her little credit, but her drunken nature while friendly, also tended to be a little punchy....which he seemed to be on the wrong side of most time.

He mentally sighed as he finished his meal, smiled and looked at her "Your cook sure knows how to cook Syrah, I daresay that I may be full for quite a while " He chuckled as he stood up from his seat, feeling a bit lazy from all the foods "Good luck with the guests and I'll see you soon, alright?"
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on June 16th, 2012, 4:34 am

Waheed was a great friend to offer to come with her to the wedding, it would be quite an ordeal for Syrah and she could use a shoulder to lean on. She was a bit curious as to who the girl was and if she was pregnant. did she really think that lowly of her brother? Only to marry a girl when she was with child? Maybe so, her feelings for Gris were odd and she would rather lay them to rest and think of more important things.

Waheed quickly finished his food and stood up, ready to leave. Syrah supposed she might have more errands to run and the guests would be arriving any moment... But still, she would have loved for him to stay longer. Waheed was, truly, Syrah's only friend that she saw on a regular basis around the city. Yeah, sometimes she would make a friend here or there but she would likely not see them again until some random bump in. She was thankful for Waheed, without him she would be rather lonely.

"Leaving already?" She asked disappointed? "I'll sure send my thanks to Chef," she lowered her voice, "Mother hadn't time to interfere yet." She laughed as Waheed chuckled. "I'll do my best with all the richies," she joked, knowing she was just as bad, or worse, than the 'richies' about to arrive. "Stop by anytime, Waheed, I'm easy to find. Here, the shop or the Winery. Pick one." She smiled and walked him to the door. Opening one of the doors wide she kissed him on the cheek as he left. "Take care Waheed!" She wished to him.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous