[Location] The Establishment

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Seeking Mizas

Postby Thundiirn on December 27th, 2012, 10:00 pm

6th of Winter, 215 AV

Thundiirn had only been in Sunberth for 5 days, and already his funds were noticeably smaller. He could likely last the season, but it wasn't worth the risk. He needed to be sure he had what he needed to survive.

And so, he paid a visit to The Establishment. As he remembered it, it was a dingy, somewhat shady place, always packed with others jostling each other for decent paying jobs, but also the one place where you could be sure the work was good (if not always perfectly legitimate) and the pay mostly fair. You just had to pay to get that pay. Walking into the lobby, he could see his memory of the place was spot on. He took a breath, and stepped into the crowd, fighting through to the back where the notices were pinned to a huge bulletin board spanning the entire wall. The man sighed and began to sift through the various notices, expecting it to take quite a while.

However, something caught his eye almost immediately.
MASTER TUA, OF THE ESTABLISHMENT HIMSELF...
Interesting. So the Establishment was hiring for itself? A wordrunner, eh? This could be fun. He reached up and ripped the piece of paper off the wall before anyone else could glance at it and beat him to it. Forcing his way back into the crowd, he made his way to the counters where the clerks sat. The entire way he felt the eyes of the scattered guards on him and the pamphlet he had taken. They certainly didn't miss a thing.

I'd like to speak to your Master Tua he said, addressing the clerk behind the counter as he laid the pamphlet down for them to see. I believe I could be of use to him, if he'll have me. He looked the man in the eye, smiling and trying to gauge his chances.
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Twister on January 25th, 2013, 9:40 pm

The clerks didn't waste any breath on the approaching man, one simply rising out of his chair to head into a back room to the main lobby, not having to do much more than give the doorframe a few knocks for a voice to answer from inside. Satisfied with the reaction, the clerk sat back down while his colleague stood up with a sheet of freshly scribbled-on paper to replace the advert that Thundiirn had just tugged off of the wall.

It didn't take long until Tua showed himself, wiping his mouth clean with a rag that he tossed back over his shoulder. The short man held up the brim of his hat to get a good look on Thundiirn, the corners of his mouth tugging up ever so slightly at the sight. "Here about the job, I see. Good to see so much interest of late."

"Listen, though. It's not a steady job and I'll warn you now ahead of time. Just stick around here and I'll be handing you assigments as I need them done whenever I've got my hands full here in the Establishment." That said, he tipped his hat back to let it slide down the back of his head, though just a wee bit. Not nearly enough to have the hat tumble off his noggin, though enough for Tua to not have to hold it up to get a clear view of those who would tower above him--not a difficult feat considering the man's rather unimpressive size.

Holding a hand out to one of his clerks, they handed him a small sheet of paper and a stick of charcoal that he proceeded to lay down on the desk, tapping it clearly so that Thundiirn could see. "Just give me your details here; name or alias and the name of whatever place you're staying in so I can find you."

Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Thundiirn on January 27th, 2013, 5:45 am

The clerks didn't speak much, but it wasn't long before a new man approached. Thundiirn assumed it to be Tua, judging by how the clerks seemed to nervously sense his presence as he came up behind them. Bosses tended to have that effect. And, sure enough, the man shortly introduced himself as such.

"Listen, though. It's not a steady job and I'll warn you now ahead of time." That was fine. Thundiirn didn't really enjoy being a steady worker. His way was to go with the flow, it wasn't in his nature to wake up bright and early each and every day at the exact same time for work. He wrote down his name and address on the paper that the Establishment boss pushed over the counter to him with a happy little flourish, pushed it back, and looked up at the man with a smile.

"When do I start?"
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nemanjak on April 19th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Nemanjak has been in Sunberth for a while now, and his funds are already failing him, and he will not survive the next 3 seasons. He was fighting the crowd and even punching a few of them when they annoy him. He was walking around until he saw a nice ad. He read the contents and tore it up so nobody else could see it.

When he arrived he greeted the clerk. He said:Look I wish to see the one you call Master Tua, I am looking for a job, armor, guard, thief, killer, woodcutter anything really, what pays the best but will stay for a long time. He spoke what he wanted to and awaited for an answer from the clerk.
Nemanjak
Player

Words: 13336
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 11:56 am
Character sheet

Postby Alva Marek on October 26th, 2013, 3:25 am

2nd of Fall 513
She had been dreading this place, but being a thief just wasn't working out for her. She hardly gained anything from it. Gazing around, she saw a lot of shady looking figures bustling about as well as desperate citizens trying to earn a living for themselves or their families. Say what you will about Sunberth, but no matter what the job, be it honest labor or behind the scenes in the shadows, everyone worked hard at their jobs.

Alva sighed and walked over to the clerks. She wasn't sure how to conduct business, but she knew it was not going to be free.

"Hi. My name is...uh....Marek. Alva Marek. I was hoping either the bar keep job or the um..." Alva blushed brightly, "..the entertainer job was available. Who should I speak to?" She had a feeling she was at the wrong place or at least speaking with the wrong people. Alva was not a social creature for she often despised the companies of others. People only got in her way, but she really needed a stable job.
Alva Marek
Player

Words: 15538
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2013, 4:55 am
Character sheet

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 2nd, 2014, 5:51 am

1st of Summer, 514 AV

Jessor knew little about Sunberth. She had been in the city- if it could be called a city- for only a few days. All she knew so far was that here, reputation was everything. Jess also got the impression that this was all she needed to know, or all she was allowed to know depending on how one looked at the situation.

To gain reputation, and perhaps more knowledge of her new home, Jess found her way to the Establishment. It was a generic name, but then again, it was a generic place. The only thing that made the cramped, hot building stand out from others was a bulletin board of pamphlets fluttering in the back.

Jess shoved her way to the board and pulled down the first piece she could get her hands on. She opened it to read as she carved out a path to the front. The letter was vague, asking only "Whores and Entertainers
Brega has lost a few girls recently and she's always looking for a few replacements. Guaranteed fun, tips are common."

At first, Jessor assumed that she had read the pamphlet wrong. Common was not her first language after all, and it would be far from her first mistake. She read through carefully, unsure only of the first word. But guaranteed fun? At a job? If the job was so entertaining, why had Brega lost girls? Was it dangerous? The pamphlet both baffled and intrigued the strong Drykas woman. A mental shrug and a few shuffled steps later, Jess slapped the pamphlet down on the bar and barked at the nearest official-looking occupant.

"Aye!" More than a few heads turned, but most disregarded the angry yet soft-looking woman and returned to their own business. Jessor, however, did not quiet easily.

"What the petch kind of joke do you think I am? I look for a job, not this shyke! What does it try to say, even?"

Despite her rusty Common, she was pleasantly surprised to find that the more colorful points of her vocabulary were readily available. Out of pure habit, her hands worked while she spoke, speaking in Grassland signs and explaining to the bartender that she was not angry, but confused and insulted. She also added the signs for "quiet" and "crowded" to convey that she was only yelling to let her voice carry over the crowd. Of course, she could tell by his face that he gathered none of this.
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous