Expanding Employment List

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Kamalia Timandre on April 26th, 2010, 5:24 am

How about fortune-teller? XD
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 29th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Teacher or Tutor could be thrown up there as well.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 29th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Based on the writeup for Jewelcrafting that is going in.. a gemcutter will be the same thing. :)

Also, teacher is a hard one to add to the list because a teacher of say Magecrafting would get a tremendously large salary while a teacher of say weeding a garden would get a significantly lower wage.

If you want to define teacher as say the children in Mizahar are educated by that teach basic reading, writing, history, and whatnot, then there could be a standard rate.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Charon on April 30th, 2010, 12:30 am

I just wanted to pop in real quickly for a clarification...

I'm all about having a standard for "average" salaries for standard occupations throughout Mizahar, but I also wanted to just mention the fact that this would of course only be a suggestion, or a place to start when deciding on a salary, yes? Cultures and locations and races vary so much that there really will rarely be an instance where a teacher (say school teacher like you mentioned, Goss) gets the same "salary" in one place as another or crossing between races. Some cultures put more value in this occupation and may pay more, some believe it should be a volunteer duty and "teaching" is the responsibility of the parents or the community as a whole, etc.

Not that this thread was getting away from that, but I do think it's important to keep in mind that these things are extremely flexible. Same thing with the price list--though it's convenient for quickly searching what something should cost on an average, we must keep in mind that where supplies are more plentiful prices will be lower and vice versa. Keep on keepin' on, but lets not forget these are just convenient guides and should not be taken for a 100% hard and fast standard.
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous