At the flip of a coin (Sama'el and Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Tetharion Alarias on April 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm

His first reply was from the rider; he seemed the more open of the two, and even though his weariness was obvious, he put on a smile for politeness sake. The other was obviously more reserved; not shy, but more like unwilling to speak. Teth said nothing and thought nothing of it, as to each their own.

"Well the Council of Elders always have open ears for travelers of import or those carrying news; you should have no trouble once you go to meet them." The other one finally spoke up as well, and told him that he was simply a lost traveler.

Tetharion could help with that, and the destination he was seeking was the place Tetharion spent more time at than at his own home. "You seek the Zebulon Sanctuary aye; I am a son of Wysar in more than heritage, but also in belief. I daresay I spend more time there than most would deem necessary. I could show you the way if you want?" He said nothing, but neither had given their names yet, maybe they would in due time.
Tetharion Alarias
Son of Wysar

Words: 6699
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2011, 2:05 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 27th, 2011, 4:59 am

Sama'el merely nodded. He was fairly sure the Council would see him; even the warlike Akalak would not seek the Drykas horseclans as enemies. Even centuries after the Valterrian, all races were simply trying to survive and push back against the dangerous wilds. Perhaps this one would introduce himself and guide him to the Council, saving him from having to ask others in Riverfall for help. But it was the mention of Sanctuary and Wysar that perked his ears.

"Is the Zebulon Sanctuary the same Sanctuary where a Drykas-born Konti breeds horses?" he asked. "And it is an honor to meet a son of Wysar. I am Sama'el of the Sapphire Clan, a man of the Watch. It would be an honor to cross blades with you."

He bowed elegantly from the saddle, an expert rider more comfortable in the saddle than not in many ways.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ragnor Matlian on April 28th, 2011, 4:36 pm

"I speak of the same place the horseman does, when I was last there I only saw the word Sanctuary" he added to Sama'el's question. He did not need back their immediately but for some reason he felt like he should be there again soon. That was the only accepting place he knew, and he longed for rest and solace within its walls. He eyed the newcomer carefully before moving towards him.

Ragnor with just a simple effort of will started floating through the air to stand before the man. "The name is Ragnor, and I’d be very grateful for your guidance to this Sanctuary, if what we speak of is along those same lines" he said offering a slight bow of his head. If this man could do what he said he could he might be very well on his way to discussing more with Kavala, and would have some measure of peace for him to develop more on his plans as well. This all depending of course if this man could take him where he desired.
Ragnor Matlian
Player

Words: 62821
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Tetharion Alarias on April 29th, 2011, 1:39 pm

He was asked if the Zebulon Sanctuary and the horse Sanctuary were one in the same, and now that he thought about it, having two places with sanctuary in the name could be confusing to outsiders.

"No, the Zebulon Sanctuary is a place of reverence and worship for the Lord of Riverfall located within the first tier of the city; the sanctuary you seek is further along the outskirts...not terribly close, but not uncomfortably far either."

Nodding his head at Sama'el, he pounded his chest with his fist to respond to his bow. "A watchman you say? Then be assured the honor is mine Rider." Looking at Ragnor, he flicked his head in the general direction of the Sanctuary.

"It would be no problem to show you the way traveler, although I'm not sure if you're heading there together, or Sama'el is going to the Council Chambers." It had been a long day, he was afforded one mistake he thought.
Tetharion Alarias
Son of Wysar

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 30th, 2011, 4:52 am

"Ah," said Sama'el. "My mistake." He bowed from the saddle to show due respect for an Akalak outside Riverfall's gates, then nodded to the ghost.

"Perhaps you should see him to the Sanctuary while I see to the business with the Council. I will seek out this Zebulon Sanctuary before I go. I too seek to be a warrior for my people."

The words were serious, but he grinned, and Dohaina, the golden Strider mare began to walk toward the gate on some silent order from her rider. He did have important business, and the sooner he delivered the message from Endrykas, the sooner he could return. Even if the woman he loved had married another, the roving city was still his home.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ragnor Matlian on May 1st, 2011, 4:23 am

"Thank you, I readily welcome the aid" he dipped his head as his voice trailed off. He did not intend to betray his eagerness, but proper thanks were in order. It wouldn't due to seem too excited though for that would surely raise questions, questions he didn't feel like answering this moment. A smile crept slowly to his face however as he thought of how his luck was suddenly changing for the better.

Maybe there were still plenty of good people in the world. His guidance would be very much so appreciated, but he feared for the Akalak's safety as he did not have anything to fear from the living, but this man of flesh and blood had a lot to lose. Still it couldn't be that far and this man looked strong enough to handle himself for the short trek through the inhospitable wilds.

He smiled and offered a wave to the Drykas. Ragnor sympathized with him, as like him he too had a purpose. A purpose he had yet to accomplish.
Ragnor Matlian
Player

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Tetharion Alarias on May 7th, 2011, 4:05 am

Sama'el it turned out was not going to the sanctuary with Ragnor; his message for the council was probably of great importance, and it was better he get it to them as fast as possible.

That left him to accompany Ragnor to the sanctuary. "That sounds like a plan Sama'el; I wish you luck with the Council, and may Wysar hear your prayers." The rider said nothing, but his horse began walking towards the city once again and he headed on his way.

Turning to Ragnor, he nodded his head in reply to his thanks. "No need to thank me, you needed help, and I'm able to give it to you. What kind of man would I be if I didn't offer?" Then he realized Ragnor had no steed; the trip wasn't extremely far, but a horse would make it much much easier. "Ragnor, have you no mount? The sanctuary is a hard walk for a man."
Tetharion Alarias
Son of Wysar

Character sheet

Postby Ragnor Matlian on May 8th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Ragnor smiled somberly and shook his head. " I have no need for horses, nor do I tire quite like you do " he explained looking up at the man. As if to prove his point, he willed himself several feet above the ground and made a gesture down to draw the man's eye to the fact that he was floating.

" You see I am dead, and I am a ghost now " he almost whispered, and then willed himself gently down to the ground. The statement left him with mixed emotions, and he willed his materialization to do something more akin to a shrug. He was used to his more non-substantial form now.
Ragnor Matlian
Player

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Mist on July 19th, 2012, 1:13 am

Thread Grading!

Ragnor
XP/Skills:+1 Interrogation, +3 Socialization,

Lore: Being soothed by calm demeanor, A stranger offering help, Realization: Still plenty of good people

Item/ Consequences:

Additional Notes: My, Ragnor does like dramatically telling people he is dead. I figured being see through would have clued the Akalak in, that he was not exactly alive. But you reacted well to the fact that he was not observant.

Sama'el
XP/Skills: +3 Socializing,

Lore: Keeping ones cool meeting a ghost, Offering to help a stranger, Showing deference to a Akalak,

Item/ Consequences:

Additional Notes: So I guess this took place before the last thread I graded. It is interesting to look back and see how they first met and became friends so to say. Often the start of a relationship is important. I thought Sama'el was quite courteous, especially around the Akalak. And considering how temperamental many of them are, that is probably a good thing.

Tetharion
-Inactive for over a year. Will grade if pm's, but that seems highly unlikely.

-If you have any questions about the grade, don’t hesitate to PM me.

Mist
AS of Riverfall

Words: 66664
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2012, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous