Another Day, Another Drama(Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on April 27th, 2010, 12:06 am

Kamrynn had barely finished his sentence when Devond butted in. “…He must be a looney.” Kamrynn winced in anticipation of the shopkeeper’s protest.

“A looney? Can you believe his audacity?” The merchant screamed. “Get the hell out of here, Symenestra!” He practically hissed the last word, and his belittling tone spoke volumes to Kamrynn. The knight was reminded, sadly, that there were people like that in Syliran.

The Jemoura’s story only strengthened Kamrynn’s suspicions. “I have assaulted no man…” The giant boomed, and Kamrynn nearly jumped. That explained the merchants account of being screamed at. The knight listened to the Jemoura give his side and quickly realized that the whole thing must have been a misunderstanding.

Kamrynn raised a hand and smiled at Jarth knowingly. “I understand.” Then he turned back to the merchant, expecting the shopkeeper to be embarrassed about his misinterpretation of events. “It was just a misunderstanding, citizen. The Jemoura had no intention to harm you, I’m guessing it-”

The merchant cut him off short. “You’re going to believe that animal?” He spat. “It’s the word of two beasts against mine! Of course their lying, summon the rest of the guard, have him put down!”

Kamrynn opened his mouth to protest but a small man slipped in front of him. “I saw it, ser, I saw everything…” The man’s words fell on Kamrynn’s ears like music, their enchantment working perfectly, stirring anger in the knight’s heart at the injustice he was witnessing.

“Thank you for your account, citizen.” Kamrynn clapped the man on the shoulder thankfully. Now the knight turned on the merchant. “There.” He said tersely. “Even a bigot like you has to accept that story, unless you despise even those of your own kind! Wasting the time of the guard is a criminal offense, go back to your stall and stop trying to raise trouble.”

The merchant stormed off to his stall swearing under his breath about his taxes paying Kamrynn’s salary. The knight turned back to the human witnesses. “Thank you for your accounts, it was noble of you to stand up for the Jemoura. It’s too seldom an occasion that a human stands up for another race, and it makes me proud to see it.”

He turned to the Jemoura. “My apologies, sir. I’m afraid that you will find many of the people in this town intolerant of you, they are fearful of those different than them, I’m sure the Symenestra can attest to that. I shouldn’t have to say this, but I fear you’ll have to watch yourself during your stay in the city, as there are many who will attempt to make trouble for you. Perhaps,” He added with a smile, acknowledging the Jemoura’s stature. “More for their sake than for yours, but I can proudly say that you will find prejudice a rare trait amongst the Syliran knights. If it is agreeable to him, you may consider talking with the Symenestra here for a bit, he may be able to offer some advice about life in the city that I, as a human, cannot give you.”

"If you should need anything, don’t hestitate to get in touch with me. I’m knight Kamrynn Sleightyr; 9th Wing in the Grey Company, 3rd regiment of the Silver Quadron.”
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Xhost on April 27th, 2010, 12:55 am

As the knight walked away, he had a hard time resisting to insult the man. Well now Xhost had no idea where any of this was going to go. "This ape-Jamoura, thats it- would be quite the master," Xhost thought to himself,"He really doesnt seem to know much about ordinary society."

Xhost walked over to the symenestra and jamoura to see if his services could be needed. "Hello," Xhost started off,"Its nice to see that half of those shinys werent killed from this incident," Xhost commented looking at the jamoura. "Also, deeply sorry about the symenestra slander, This town is usually boring with the guards all over the place and i felt it needed some livelyness to it. Plus its just in my good nature to insult people," Xhost said turning towards Rose and ending with a faint smile.

It was after that that Xhost remembered the funny smelling man with bad grammer. Xhost casually looked over his shoulder to eye for the man. A nuit, or anything not living, was interesting to discover in this city
"The night only whispers one word...and that is death"
Xhost
The Midnight Stalker

Words: 4051
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Devond Rose on April 27th, 2010, 7:54 pm

"Oh, i could imagine how boring it is, with giant apes and what not." He said in his smooth casual tone. He looked up at the Jamoura and asked, "Are you new to this place?" He was hoping so, because if he wasn't Jarth was an idiot. As well as the fact that he needed someone to travel with, and Jamoura weren't typically prejudice. They were very understanding, due to how different they were from everyone eslse.

He then started to look at the meat vendor, wondering why he was such a moron. He was rather portly, that's for sure. His hands were greasy from the meat he had been cutting. Devond didn't think he was properly doing his job. He also had bloodstains on his apron that looked days old. He didn't think the place was too sanitary to say the least.

"He looked at Xhost and said "If i were you, i wouldn't buy anything from him. Not because of his prejudice but because of the way he keeps himself and his establishment. It's rather dirty."
One day, imagination will be the downfall of mankind.- Me
Devond Rose
Player

Words: 3305
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Jarth on April 27th, 2010, 9:22 pm

After he had finished his statement, Jarth noticed another person approach the knight. This one also seemed to be a little off. At the very least, the man smelled quite different. He had already been disgusted by most of the smells of the city, and inherently had gotten over them, but this one somehow stood out from the rest. He smelled like roses, which was quite strange in such an environment like the city. It seemed a little strange, but he was not about to question someone that was willing to defend him. Especially when that same person finally persuaded the two. Whatever it was about him, it seemed to have a soothing effect on the ones he was talking to. That was also quite fascinating. It seemed like he would have to talk with this man.

As the knight explained about the city more, his suspicions were realized. He had had a feeling that racism was present within the city. He found it reassuring, though, that at least the law did not show these common characteristics. He was not naive enough to believe that the law treated everyone equally, but a few following through was a good start. As the man went on to propose the idea to group with the Symenestra he thought it over. He had never really thought he would go along with any one group of people. He was still against forming any kind of relationships with these people, but he supposed that numbers did have their advantage. It was also quite possible that this Symenestra would have knowledge beneficial to his search. After all, their culture would have to be quite different for so many people to show hate towards them.

He was still thinking it over when Xhost approached them. He seemed to be in quite the good mood. Maybe all of the excitement had livened him up a bit. It seemed he was trying to make an apology of sorts Devond. That showed that he at least had some basic values to follow, even if they were covered in a veil of insults. After he had made his short apology, he looked over his shoulder at the other man. If he remembered correctly, Xhost had called him a Nuit. The named seemed to ring a bell, but Jarth could not quite place it. The Jamoura had very little experience with the outside world, and most of these humanoids looked very similar to him. It seemed that within their own species, though, they could distinguish themselves. He would have to ask one of them to explain what was so different about them besides a few physical characteristics that were bound to change when societies were separated.

He looked down when he was thinking about it and noticed that Devond was saying something. He did not quite catch the first part, but was at least able to hear his question. While he did not like to admit it, he was sure that it was quite obvious that he was new here. Besides the obvious fact that he did not fit in with the cityscape, he was sure that he looked like he had no idea where he was going or what he was doing. Both were true in their own way. He knew that he needed and wanted to get information about this world, yet he had no idea about how to go about doing that. Hopefully one of the people before him could help him with that. If not, he would move on and search for something else. He had plenty of time to spend here to find what he needed and he was quite willing to spend that time to get it.

"Yes," Jarth responded," I am quite new to this place. It seems like I've drawn quite the attention to myself. You might know about that yourself judging by that man's attitude," he said gesturing to the butcher. As he did this, he noticed the other man again and the fact that he had yet to actually introduce himself," Oh my, I'm quite sorry; I've yet to introduce myself. My name is Jarth. My I ask your's sir," he said now turning his attention more towards Skylar," You seem to be quite the strange one yourself."
You can do anything, but not everything - David Allen

To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail - Abraham Maslow

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon
Jarth
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 15250
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:46 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Skylar on April 28th, 2010, 1:38 am

"Why thank you sir, thank you for that praise, Ser Kamrynn." Skylar was busy memorizing the man's name and rank. He had absolutely no intention of letting that delicious body slip beneath the cracks. It'd be quite the experience to live inside that corpse's meat for as long as he could.

He licked his lips in anticipation. That one would have to be groomed, of course, not like the wretched husk he inhabited now. No, that one would be enjoyable.

He had almost considered his role in this matter settled and was about to make a disappearance, especially since he absolutely loathed Kelvics and their preternatural sense of smell and would rather get away from this particular one before he did anything regrettable about revealing his true identity, since it could be troublesome.

But no, the ape thing was talking to him, and he had quite the mind to listen to him. After all, rumors about these beasts gentle temperaments aside, it could still tear off his head and end his immortal existence before he even noticed.

"A strange one, sir? I'm not sure how you mean. I'm quite ordinary, but you knew that."
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Italics are hypnotic suggestions.
Skylar
O Existence, Let Me Be Known!

Words: 30581
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Jarth on April 28th, 2010, 9:55 pm

When he asked the question to Skylar, he seemed almost bothered by it. He had clearly been thinking of something else, which apparentely did not include talking to him. It seemed that he was quite willing to talk to him, however. It was quite possible that this man was afraid of him and feared a head implosion in the near future. While he didn't mind that giving him prevalence in many situations, he found the connotation attached to him quite pestering and ignorant. The only problem he had with trying to inform anyone about him, is that hardly anyone would listen to him long enough to hear anything. These people had quite the small attention span. This was actually the first group of people that had payed him any mind at all. Well there was always the random scream about this and that, but no one had actually decided to listen to him. He did not want to push his first chance to truly communicate though.

"I did not mean to offend you sir, if you find that truly offensive. I was just rather saying that you hold yourself with a demeanor much differently then the average intellect around here. I believe we could benefit each other quite handily if you gave it the time, but I am aware that many humans have time restrictions and that may not be possible. It is simply a suggestion if nothing more."

As he looked over the man more, something did seem off about him. He just could not place why this man was so different from any of the other thousands blundering around in this city. He found the man quite compelling yet he had an air about him that put Jarth off. Whatever it was about this man, he suspected he would have to be cautious. At the same time, however, it seemed like this man had some underlying sense of wisdom or knowledge. He had yet to find anything truly beneficial in his search, but he suspected that his people knew much that the outside world did not. If that man had enough curiosity to sustain that, then he could be dutifully rewarded. The same was to say of the other two, but they struck him as quite different.

Firstly, Devond seemed to be quite different then what he had initially suspected. It was apparent that many in this area did not like them and found them unpleasant. So far, however, he had found the man's company quite pleasant. He seemed quite reasonable and honest and seemed good in most ways. There had to be something there that these people hated, though. Maybe he was just different then the rest of his species. It was either that or there was a misunderstanding and misinterpretation of his people by humans. But even then, there had to be some underlying basis of truth even in the most ridiculous assumptions. The whole matter truly did astound him. Besides the humans, his species had come into contact with very little amounts of people. Not to mention the fact that most of this contact had been centuries ago when his people had almost been exterminated.

There was also Xhost, whom struck him as unique as well. While he could see some differences in physical appearance, he seemed to be almost unnoticed by the rest of this society. That most likely meant that he was quite common in their society. Even so, Skylar almost seemed put off by his presence. The more he tried to think about it, the less sense it made. This society was quite different then his. While he did not want to go as far as to say it was certifiably insane, he was not far from calling it that. He was aware that he was probably just as strange to these people as they were to him. It was just the fact that their differences seemed stronger then his. He could see why the elders had chosen a younger member now. If they had chosen even a slightly older Jamoura, which would be significantly so in other species, they would have reacted even more poorly he assumed. It was a strange world indeed.
You can do anything, but not everything - David Allen

To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail - Abraham Maslow

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon
Jarth
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 15250
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:46 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Xhost on April 30th, 2010, 2:27 am

Xhost sat by listening to the Jamoura and foul smelling man talk as he blended in with the rest of society around him. Xhost had a way of doing that; it has been what has made him successful in his career."Man, no matter what species you turn to, you always have to deal with talking," Xhost thought in his head as he looked to the sky,"This Jamoura seems like he is on a quest of some sort for knowledge. Well it might be a little tacky and boring but it is something i can be good at. It also seems like alot more then these other two have going for them."

By the time Xhost focused back in on the conversation, the Jamoura had stopped talking. From the way it all looked, Xhost guessed that the Jamoura had asked a question of some sorts to the stinky guy. Xhost wondered what a brute like him could possibly want from a common folk like that guy? Xhost shrugged off the pondering and turned around to swipe a snack form the table behind him. To Xhost, this form of theivery was nothing but it did have its rewards, a neice piece of bread.

Xhost started to eat the bread and returned next to the others before the shopkeeper noticed.
"The night only whispers one word...and that is death"
Xhost
The Midnight Stalker

Words: 4051
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Devond Rose on April 30th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Devond looked around, rather bored with himself just standing in the middle of the street.

He then said "Can we please get moving, it's rather insufferable in the middle of the street with the sun and what not. Not to mention the prying eyes."

He really wanted to leave, it was just plain boring although that strange fellow in the corner just stole a loaf of bread from a stall. He wondered if that;s how the man made his living, by just stealing everything he needed. But it didn't really matter to him, it wasn't his business. He just got up and waited for every one else.
One day, imagination will be the downfall of mankind.- Me
Devond Rose
Player

Words: 3305
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Skylar on May 2nd, 2010, 9:45 pm

Skylar laughed. Long and loud. Perhaps the Kelvic would have gotten an idea of what he found just so funny from Jarth's words, but Skylar himself wasn't sharing. He patted a cold hand on Jarth's elbow and gave him a wry grin. "Oh my dear dear friend. I have all the time in the world."

He turned to go. He really did have to go. The way that Kelvic was sniffing just didn't sit right with him. "Oh yes, yes, you lot really should get moving. You're attracting stares just sitting in this road." Skylar had a habit of pretending that he wasn't the strangest among some very strange individuals.

"Listen Jamoura, you can find me in the Golden Dragon most nights until late. I don't sleep so I'll be there. If you still want to have that talk then come find me, hmm?" Skylar walked off. He could have encouraged the ape's actions with a little hypnotism, but he was actually interested to see what this thing would do.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Italics are hypnotic suggestions.
Skylar
O Existence, Let Me Be Known!

Words: 30581
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Previous