[Flashback solo] A day in the docks

Chasing assasins betrayals .

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Yernaver on July 15th, 2012, 5:54 pm

71st Winter 509

It was early evening in the docks and Yernaver was being reminded how he hated the docks ,but he had been asked and given some money and promised some more.
In exchange all he had to do was kill one man, he would come to the docks now at night recognized by his lightly green cloak, and so he waited as other's passed by he was even supplied a weapon for this ,and even a poison.
He was dressed with a mask and a cloak he wore no armor today, if it came to a fight he would ran.

Looking around he saw someone wearing a sword by his side and a green cloak coming closer.
Yern just drew the short sword, that was given to him and took out a small bottle he would ensure his kill one way or another he just poured it over the blade and waited a moment for it to dry then, he waited the green cloaked man to get there, from his spot it was kinda shadowy he coulnt be seen easilly as the man came he stried to stab on the back but instead a Tsink was heard he wore armor beneath that!

The man suprised turned around drawing his sword no you dont Yernaver tried again this time slashing his throat he barely managed it still the man had drawn his sword by now and was atacking him Yern throwed himselfto the sides to dodge the sword as it hit the ground breaking the stone there what the fuck.

He was suprised it was one thing to mark the stone another to break it still he got up fast as he noticed the man was looking a bit pale it must have been the poison on the blade but he had enought power to try again as he moved his blade again to strike Yernaver did one thing that came into mind he tried to block as the sword came to slash he blocked with his own it lacked finesse and the man was stronger than him but it dint seem like he was able to see well as his next atack was off the mark.

Yernaver view this a a chance as his thrust his sword slashing in hsi should the man dropped his sword as he cried from the pain and tried to grip the sword.
Yernaver isntead placed his foot on the arm that he could move and another foot on his belly holding him down he removed the sword.
As the man cried out for a moment he thought about what he was doing he was gonna kill someone yet he couln't place the feeling he felt it was sadness....propably not.
Still he had no time as he saw people coming and more were watching from afar he did one thing he slashed the throat but as blood filled everywhere on him he saw he might survive NO AGAIN! he thought as he stabed the man everywhere on the body in a manic frenzy before letting go as, he took deep breath's to relax he looked around he had forgoten he was in the docks he quickly got up to leave.

Just in time as he saw the guards coming to him, fear gripped him what would he do seeing the street he came from he ran there as he heard the voices behind him and the clanking of the armor.

Running he felt hot like he wasnt taking enought breath he took a sharp turn into a street and took some breath's damnit the whole thing almost failed so stupid of me he wanted to relax but he heard various steps coming closer time to be running as he started running again he noticed that the blood was drying it would be hard to get it off.

Passing a bridge he entered the water and swam under the bridge.After a while he heard some voices and the armors and weapons clanking but soon it stoped they left? as he was gonna move he heard more voices crap Yernaver dint move nor breath his heart beating as, he strugled to float.
He felt dizzy as the voices seemed to leave the area who could that man be but now it mattered not he quickly strived to get out of the water he propeled himself a bit but coulnt reach just my luck he started swimming as he felt cold the water had seeped into the clothes and weighted him down quite a bit soaked but if he left them they might find him.

As he swam he saw a part that seemed to be under construction it was pretty low, he swam there and got out of the water as he shivered he felt tired and hot did the poison affect him somehow? or was it being cold.Either way he tried to dry as much as he could he would meet the contact after resting at his home a bit.

It wasnt a long walk to enter to find his way to his house still i wonder if the guards are still searching for me and who that man was the guards dont chase someone ussuallyhe thoughts were interupted by a blood curling scream what was that was his only thought still perhaps it was better not to know he moved to the door of his house and took his key out to open it when he noticed it was open crap did i get robbed he sticked to the shadows as he opened the door a bit and entered he slowly closed the door behind him.
As he moved from the shadow quitetly trying not to make any sound he heard something from his room moving there he saw someone he tried to see his face but he wore a hood so it coulnt be seen.
As he searched around his room he had opened his drawers and now was trying to open his chest this was his chance he got in and tried to punch the stranger as quickly as he could the man screamed and turned around furiously kicking Yernaver's legs he got him down ouch as he saw as the man drawing his dagger.

Shit Yernaver used his legs to kick him in the nuts as strong as possible he was glad for having strong legg's.
The man cried not expecting that and dropped his dagger as he placed his hands at his family jewels Yernaver quickly picked the dagger his heart was pounding this had been a close one.
The man was at his knee's and in pain the atack seemed to have done more damage than it seemed for some reason.Yernaver place the dagger at his throat "who sent you thief" the man just looked him in the yes but dint speak.
Yernaver decided he had enought he stabed him to the side and twisted teh dagger.
As the man screamed he asked once more "say who sent you and i might help you close this wound when i remove the dagger" the man seemed to be gasping for air "Owras se sent me he said to ensure if the poison dint help th the gua guard get you to ki kill you" said the man in many sharp breaths Yernaver smilled seems like he was set up he removed the dagger as the man cried again and plunged it in his heart area as the man tried to scream but lost consciousness.

Yernaver had to clean the body now but he was tired still he worried about any new assasin even thought they were more like thugs the poison was the reason for him feeling unpleasant it was doubtfull it would kill him but still he would need to check it up later at The Healing Hand.
For now he checked the body looking closer the man was quite young his body dint have anything particular on him he had a bag with a couple of scraps inside nothing great from the looks of it.
Yern sighed seems like his employer wanted him dead he would need to find him and kill him maybe ensure whoever takes over doesnt come after him.
He sat down as he noticed the bood staining on the floor but frankly he was too tired to deal with it.

Tock tock what was this noise he snapped out of it and thought it was the door he got up with the dagger he took and waited on the corner if need be he could throw himself from the window to the canal below to escape again.

As whoever was at the door managed to open it he heard him speaking "Ah Yernaver good to see you alive"that voice it was Owras assistant Zank he coulnt see him but still could hear him well and he had lots of venom to spit on him"You treacherous vermin set me up with the one i had to kill the guard and an assasin and you finally show up to do the job on your own" he tried to get up but he felt so very tired for some reason.

Zank seemed to be thinking "Say would you be interested in helping me take Owras down? i will give you the assasination reward too in return help me kill Owra i want his position to take it i need many things but you.....you would take the direct aproach kill him i will ensure the reports say it was an accident
you get revenge the rewards and i his position and if you refuse or run i will just kill you what do you say?
"

Yern thought but for a moment "count me in but i am tired now i think its the poison i might inhaled some of its gasses and i doubt you got the antitoxin and whille i doubt its gonna kill me i cant move for now"

Zank seemed to be thinking or watching hard to know since he coulnt see him from where he was for some reason "Dont worry about it rest for now i will come back later with a potion to help you" with this he closed the door.
Yernaver struggled to keep himself awake he felt lethargic it seemed like he would sleep any time now how did everything fall apart was his last thought before losing consciousness.

Yernaver
Player

Words: 16414
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 17th, 2012, 9:57 am

Yernaver had falled asleep till he awoke with something bitter entering his mouth a voice said "swallow it, it will help you a lot" he swallowed the liquid even if it tasted so bad he almost puked who was there? was his only thought as he strugled to open his eyes, he felt so tired he was unable to move after what seemed to be eternity but was half an hour he felt his strength returning.

Opening his eyes he saw Zank he wore a mask and a cloak he started speaking"well listen to me well i will come back in some hour's till then rest and prepare yourself i got another potion ready that will give you some strength for what is ahead i left it on your bed drink it when you can but not before you feel like the need to puke has passed" he started walking away but stoped "oh and i took care of the body dont worry" with these last words he left.

Yernaver sighed he felt like puking so he woulnt be able to drink the potion and he was still at the floor he got up wobbly parts of his body ached and hurt quite a bit.
He waited as he took deep breaths and started talking to himself to find his center "okay lets see i got all my limbs in place i feel a bit unsteady its fine my clothes have more or less dried up i dont feel tired so i slept a bit just a tiny bit hungry but i will have a meal later okay time get ready"
With that he walked up to his bed, and removed his cloak and left it at his bed he noticed the dagger from the thug and the potion on his bed Zank forgot to at least let him rest on the bed still he wasnt known for compassion.

He removed his key from his pants and opened the chest he removed a mask and put it on and took another key from there, he opened his wardrobe not a good place to hide his weapon but it was quite big he wore the bladed gauntlet and drank the other potion then he sat down and waited.

After some time passed and had fully entered Zank came from the door fully cloacked and masked as always closing behind him the door he seemed to be noting Yernaver's weapon before speaking "impressive i knew you had another weapon you used very interesting not good for assasinations which is understantable still it seems perfect for what we are about to do".

He paused and sat down before continuing "i see you drank the potion good listen to the plan i get us in there will be two guards at the door hopefully they wont hear us killing anyone one is kinda patrolling inside but is a drunkard so it shouln't be too hard.And of course Owras is in his room looking over some document's he is planning to tear down this branch of our organization but its been profitable for many so i was placed for when he would start killing his own assasin's most left and are hidden you are the only one i found of.....notable skill so lets go now"

Yernaver understood what that silence meant Zank doubted his ability as an assasin truthfully he woulnt call himself one more like a killer than assasin he simply dint have the right tools and lacked some skills.
He just noded and took the key put on his mask and his put his cloack on one hand the other inside it took him a bit to tie it, but he managed it.
It was lightly tied in case, he had to stab someone.He was now ready he left and locked the door and started following Zank to their destination, he could feel his anger and excitement boiling they were kept down for now but soon he would have Owras head for trying to kill him.

oocTO note the 'organization' is just a common group of small time assasins nothing great and too small to be noticed by anyone other as one (besides its Ravok there is always someone who wants the other person dead).
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 20th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Yernaver had left his apartment and followed the man they both wore hoods and undearneath masks or at least Yernaver did, he wasn't sure about Zank the finally reach a warehouse it looked pretty normal like most in the docks i thought we were going closer to the House of Immortal Pleasures Zank spoke in a whisper "listen to me the guards aint anything great we wont kill them first first we go in the warehouse has a couple of rooms you will take out the guard close to the torture room when you find it go right when we enter just go right and it will sort out"

Yernaver wasnt impressed by the last bit but followed him in the warehouse and at the front were stopped by two guards they smelled of ale lots of it.
"Oi Zankz whos that with ya?"
"Just a new guy i will get him to the boss"
"okay but care boss be mad now"

Zank just nodded and entered Yernaver hurried behind of him to ensure the guard woulnt look to hard to see who it was entering, he started walking to the right and did an ok motion to Zank who just nodded and hurried deeper in the warehouse, he was tempted to follow him, but he wanted to kill Owras.

Yernaver saw a guard that had passed out in the room he was still alive, he knew that, if he wanted to ensure no one would get him he should guard his behind.
So he put his arm out and brought down on the guards throat his sword the guard coulnt even scream but blood splatered on Yernavers cloak.He moved as he came on the torture room and saw someone inside there propably some poor fellow "hey is there someone there i need some help" Yernaver just ignored him and moved he needed to find Owras.

Looking for him he came to a very interesting door it was crafted well and dint have kind of lock interesting his door maybe? he was a bit vain after all.
He knocked the door before entering opening he saw some kind of lab it had various jars and bottles to say Yernaver was suprised would be the list there were also some scrolss that he just dint touch, he knew about magic it was dangerous and this was world magic here or maybe a poison labatory or even a philterers lab.
hm that might make more sense althought i dont recognize some of the tools here like that big wire over there looking around he saw a small door opening it he saw it was a cabinet and had a inside the book had as title Intelligence the art of rumours this could net good money still perhaps he would read it first before anything it seemed worn, and opening it five or so pages were missing hopefully not many of the good parts.

As he thought about he smelled something strange he quickly put his cloak over his mouth and ran as he panicked getting out he saw smoke from some of the rooms and the prisoner seemed to be screaming what had happened ?
Yernaver got out of the building but he dint see Zank Owras or the guards as he got out perhaps they fled?.

Either way Yernaver left with the book on hand as he saw the fire's devouring the building people were gathering some were helping put the fire out damnit i lost my bounty i hope this book is worth something as he left to rest and change apartment.

ooc and spoiler for the character aka what the thread was aboutAbout the book the mod who grades this thread will decide if he has it still or not (and what an estimated worth is for it).Whether you allow me to keep the book or not its ok XD anyhow this flashback is over and is the reason Yernaver stopped being an assasin he just aint cut for the job.

As for Zank Yernaver never heard about him or from him is he alive? propably not or perhaps he betrayed Yernaver (such a mystery eh ;) ).
Either way (i also kindly request small comments on my grammar i hope its improved a bit).
Tell if not!!!
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on July 23rd, 2012, 9:02 pm

Yernaver

• +1 Shortsword
  • +1 Swimming
  • +1 Interrogation

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, I really could not award you much experience here as you didn't go into enough detail when you used your skills. Also, you were using weapons and stuff that you had no experience at all in. That's fine, but you were using them as if you did have some skill. Main thing though is that there wasn't enough description on the actual usage itself. Simply saying, "He slashed him across the throat," isn't enough. You need more detail to get more points. Still, if you feel I missed anything, feel free to PM me and I will take a second look.

Lores: Being Poisoned, Being Betrayed, Strange Laboratories, Fighting Dirt: The Low Blow, Slashing the Throat is Deadly

Loot: Book - Intelligence: The Art of Rumors (Average book, damaged. Value: 20gm)

Notes: Okay, so you asked for me to comment on your grammar. I think it got a little better by the third post, though there were still issues throughout. There were spelling issues, though they mostly just liked like typos. The main problem was the run on sentences. You need to put periods at the end of thoughts. I'll give you an example:

Yernaver wrote:It wasnt a long walk to enter to find his way to his house still i wonder if the guards are still searching for me and who that man was the guards dont chase someone ussuallyhe thoughts were interupted by a blood curling scream what was that was his only thought still perhaps it was better not to know he moved to the door of his house and took his key out to open it when he noticed it was open crap did i get robbed he sticked to the shadows as he opened the door a bit and entered he slowly closed the door behind him.

This is just one big run on sentence, plus there were some other issues. I'm not going to go into all of it, but here is just a bit to give you an idea of what needs worked on. The red is stuff I've corrected, or my comments:

It wasn't a long walk to enter to find his way to his house.
Alright, so with that sentence, a simple spell check could have fixed the apostrophe in the word wasn't. You would also need a period after house, because the next thing you write is his thoughts, which would be a new sentence. Or maybe a comma would have worked. Also, when you write a post, take a habit of going back and rereading what you wrote. That sentence is kind of confusing. What do you mean by "to enter to find his way?" I think maybe you messed up there and started one thought but got distracted then finished it with another. That has happened to me before, but can be fixed by proof reading.

Again, the big problem was run on sentences. You need to put periods at the end of things. I'll finish off the quote and show you where periods and other things probably should have gone:

It wasn't a long walk to enter to find his way to his house. Still i wonder if the guards are still searching for me and who that man was. The guards dont chase someone usually. His thoughts were interrupted by a blood curdling scream. What was that, was his only thought. Still perhaps it was better not to know. He moved to the door of his house and took his key out to open it when he noticed it was open. Crap did i get robbed? He stuck to the shadows as he opened the door a bit and entered he slowly, closing the door behind him.

Anyway.. I probably missed some stuff in there, and there is some rewording that could make it sound better, but hopefully you get the gist of it. My recommendation is first to always run your posts through a spellchecker before posting them. Microsoft Word is good for this, though if you don't have that there are other programs you could use. And try to remember periods. They are very important, and are used to separate one thought from another. Anyway, I'd be happy to help you more later if need be, but for now I have to go. Keep on trying, and you'll get it! Writing takes practice, and I have faith in you. Good job!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)