Making the Shell (Tock)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on July 8th, 2012, 9:44 pm

The young animator bit his lip, briefly considering telling the gadgeteer that Sahova was a magic city; one built by Zarik Mashaen. It seemed to be something she would respond to after all. He wanted and needed Tock to fully understand and appreciate everything the undead master had accomplished -- it wasn't that he never expected to surpass Mashaen in talent, oh no, Kaeson planned to far surpass his hero. His own supervisor, once animated, would not only surpass Dranira in every way, but be inspiration for future animators.

Kaeson Dakano would be the legend.

"What do you mean nobody's better then anyone else?" Kaeson scoffed, eyes scarlet in determination. "The what of the heroes and legends of children's stories? Even amongst the gods there is hierarchy!" Kaeson said, not really believe Tock could be naive to such fact. Everyone should be treated equally, that was a value Kaeson's grandmother instilled in him from an early age. Everyone deserved the right to a good life -- another belief Kaeson held dear. But it was a fact, common knowledge as far as Kaeson was concerned that some people were indefinitely better then others. There would always be winners, and there would always be losers.

Kaeson grumbled, slowly adjusting the wheel to a more correct location. He supposed Tock had a point -- no one ever achieved greatness by talking about it.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 8th, 2012, 11:27 pm

"What about 'em?" she asked, waving a hand in disgust. "Oy, 'ere done wouldn't be no 'eroes what if'n 'ere weren't people fer 'em ta save, aye? Betcha never thought 'bout 'at, didja!?" She shook a fist in his face, Handy mimicking the action. "Weren't been nobody what's NOTHIN' wit'out the PEOPLE! Yer bloody 'ead's jus' shoved too far up yer own arse ta see it!"

"An' PETCH the damn Gods!" she shouted. "What'd 'ey ever does fer us, aye!? Broke the dang world, 'en up an' left us what fer ta fend fer ourselves! Leaves people dyin' alla time, lets the Ethaefal rot down 'ere when 'ey wants ta go 'ome, an' ain't gots no time what fer ta git up off 'eir divine ARSES an' do nothin' fer nobody! Ain't no God ever done a damn thing fer me!" she thrust a thumb against her chest. "An' I ain't needs no muddle-'eaded bludgers tryin' fer ta tell me what's what in my own 'ouse!"

She finished tightening the wheel in place and screwed on the hub, grumbling the whole time. "An' I ain't gots no time o' no room in my life what fer blokes what can't see 'ey ain't better an' nobody else," she added, glaring at the partially completed construction, gritting her teeth. "'Ey gots plenty o' room up on West Street what fer posh Pigjams what can't gets 'nough o' the smell o' 'eir own arses, aye? Me? I's a workin' girl, an' I done gots more important things what fer ta does 'en teach ya 'ow ta climb down offa yer 'igh 'orse, so's as ya can either git yerself down 'ere ta my level, o' ya can piss off an' lemme work..." Tock didn't believe in self-delusions, or false projections of self. She didn't want to be a legend, to rise above Zarik's fame and prestige. She wanted to tear him, and anyone else out there down to her level. Proving that a nobody girl from the slums of Sunberth could build just as good stuff as he could would show this so-called legend that he was no better than anyone else. If SHE could do it, anyone could do it, as long as they weren't either lazy layabouts or stuck-up poshies that made everyone else do all the work for them.

OOCI love seeing this side of Kaeson. This is EXACTLY what I meant about conflict adding energy to a story!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on July 13th, 2012, 1:00 am

"Oh. No, of course, how stupid of me. How careless of me. The people the hero saved," Kaeson continued, his tone completely covered in bitter sarcasm. "How immensely considerate they must be, the poor souls, to take time from their otherwise busy schedules to allow the hero to rescue them. To save their lives," Kaeson paused, eyes burning green with indignation. Again, Kaeson found himself at odds with the gadgeteer. Again, he founds himself at the recieving end of one of Tock's rants. "Useless, stupid rants," he thought bitterly to himself, wondering how he had managed to piss the girl of this time.

"How inconsiderate of the hero to take all the credit for saving their lives, how silly of the saved people to thank him, or acknowledge his greatness. How stupid," Kaeson finished, pointedly staring at Tock. "What a stupid and silly idea, to think someone might be able to do something you can't. To think you might learn from someone else."

"Petch the gods? PETCH THE GODS?" Kaeson started, not bothering to worry about what Tock might or might not do should he push her too far, "You mean the same petching gods who gave you this?" Kaeson hissed, jabbing his forefinger at Tock's forehead,indicating her brain, "The same ones who gifted us with animation? The ONLY reason we can even do this? THE ONLY REASON THEY (he gestured at Tock's babies) CAN EXIST?"

Kaeson finished breathing heavily, his eyes blurring to a deep violet. He wasn't arguing to prove the gods' worth, he was far from a devote. Kaeson blamed the gods for all his problems and more -- but that didn't mean he didn't understand what the gods could give, or easily take away. Their power scared him, and it was unfair.

It was unfair Kaeson couldn't stop his grandmother from dying.

It was unfair how little he really controlled.

Life was unfair, and he wasn't willing to take anymore shyke. Not from Tock, not from anyone. But especially not Tock.

Kaeson scoffed at Tock's response, quickly grabbing another wheel determinedly trying to attach it to the hub. "Oh, yeah? The same working girl who clearly thinks herself better then the petching idiots over on west street?" Kaeson grumbled, clearly irritated by both the argument and his lack of progress with the wheel.

"You're a hypocrite, Tock. Same as those from west street."

OOCPlease don't kill Kaeson
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 13th, 2012, 1:47 am

OOCA. I love the passion I am seeing here. It's great to see Kaeson standing up for what he believes in (ESPECIALLY to Tock, considering most people back down when she gets bitchy and pushy!)

B. I won't kill him, but I can't promise Tock won't TRY to hurt him. But if she does I hope Kaeson hurts her right back!

C. Don't take Tock's negative attitude personally. She is a stuck up bitch, but I, the player, am having a great time! Your post had me grinning SO wide!

Tock glared at the man. She clenched her hand into a fist, then had to loosen it and shake it out, still filled with strong pain from the recent break. She grit her teeth, and didn't know whether to punch the fool, or pat him on the back for standing up for what he believed in. Hell, if not for the fact that she had a boyfriendAt this date, I am working on the assumption Tock is still with Satevis despite the fact that the player is MIA and I'm basically rping a breakup occurring mid-summer., she might just kiss him, just because of all the energy in the room. Nobody ever talked to her like this. Nobody.

And yet, she respected him for it. He was holding strong to what he believed in, and she could see in his eyes that these were HIS beliefs. So many people just preached what they thought they were 'supposed' to believe, but couldn't back it up when someone challenged them. Which is part of why she didn't respect many people. She had no respect for someone's beliefs if she thought they were based on bull shit and foolish assumptions. But it was another thing when, instead of just spouting garbage, someone actually backed up what they believed in with serious arguments and passion.

Tock smirked and crossed her arms, leaning against the table. She was still pissed off, but it had moved to more of an amused anger. She was enjoying this. It wasn't often sue could argue with someone who would actually argue right. Most people either backed down and acted scared of her, or else clung stubbornly to their beliefs even after she poked holes through them. But Kaeson was not only making good points, but he was standing up to her. That was a rare thing, and it raised him in her estimation.

"First off," she said, an amused smirk on her lips but a deadly glare in her mad eyes, "ya leave my babies outta 'is, 'less ya wanna see THEM make a rebuttal, aye?" For just a moment, looking into her eyes, he would see pure madness. She'd order Choppy to chop him to bits without a second thought if he continued to insult her beloved creations.

"Second," she said, smacking him on the arm with her left hand, then lifting another wheel into place, using Handy to help hold and align it. "I ain't think I's better what 'en 'em snobs up on West Street, aye? Let's 'as 'at clear," she pointed her hammer at him, still on the verge of beating him with it, but not inclined to let things get that far. She respected him, and would continue to do so unless he crossed a line, at which point she may just snap. "Jus' cause I done thinks 'ey needs fer ta pull the sticks out 'eir arses, don't mean I thinks I's done been better'n 'em. But when folks done thinks 'ey's allaway up 'ere," she held her hand up high over her head, "ya done gotta treats 'em like 'ey's down 'ere," she held her hand low. "'At evens 'er out, aye?" In truth, she wouldn't have a single problem with anyone from West Street, even stuck up Reginald, if they would just get off their high horses and stop acting like they were better than everyone else. But just because she didn't like them, didn't respect them, that didn't mean she thought herself better than them. She just was who she was, and wanted them to treat her equal. And if they wouldn't, then she'd treat them like garbage in return, just to show them what for.

Still watching him with that wild look in her eyes as she adjusted the wheel, Tock said, "'At's what the difference 'tween me an' 'em, Bludger... 'Ey thinks 'ey's better 'an me, an' 'ey done acts like it, an' dun treat me bad fer it. But I done treats 'em same as I treats yous, an' yous my friend." She grinned wickedly.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on July 18th, 2012, 2:37 am

OOCI don't, haha. I read your post on your scrap -- I just wanted to say that I understand you and Tock are not the same person, that last OOC was an attempt at humor. Maybe not so clever, huh? Anyway, just wanted to say that I'd never take anything Tock did personally.

I'm so glad you liked my post! It took some time to write.

I'm having loads of fun as well, and I'm really happy with all the character development I'm getting from Kaeson. I think he's got a voice now -- it's soft and low, but I think I'm getting something!

Kaeson was breathing heavily, his eyes burning violet with anger. His whole body was tensed, hands clenched into fists; Kaeson's nails were beginning to dig into his skin from the pressure he was putting on them. He was mad. He was angry. Kaeson wanted nothing more to scream and yell at the gadgeteer, completely tearing her house apart. For a moment, Kaeson considered acting on those impulses -- his eyes flashed around the room, as he actively imagined himself pushing the statute over, tearing down her designs, flipping her table and chairs over.

Kaeson was mad, but he wasn't stupid. His eye slightly lingered on the on Choppy, Tock's animated axe. The axe was still and unmoving, but Kaeson knew how quickly that could change -- especially when Tock was pushed too far.

Kaeson's eyes quickly returned to meet Tock's glare, eyes quickly narrowing in supiscion as he watched the Tock lean against the table. He eyed the gadgeteer with caution, readying himself for any attack -- the way Tock was smiling at him, the look in her eye. Kaeson wasn't expecting the redhead to attack him, but he wasn't really expecting to get out of their argument unscathed. Tock had garnered a certain reputation for herself at the university. The kindest words he had heard used to describe her from fellow students were headstrong or willful, she wasn't exactly known for getting along with others.

For a few seconds it was quiet, and Kaeson visibly flinched once Tock began to Tock. His eyes flashed immediately towards the animated axe, her words not registering with Kaeson; the only word he had been listening for, expecting even, had been 'attack'. Slowly realizing Tock was threating him, warning him at best, Kaeson visibly placed his hand over Volos. She wasn't the only one with back up.

Kaeson flinced again as Tock smacked his arm, clearly confused by the complete lack of anger in the gadgeteer. He listened as she told him how she viewed those from west street, carefully watching as she fixed the wheel.

He returned Tock's smile, although with some hesitation. "Alright, so what's next?"

OOCSorry for taking so long to respond -- also, I'm kind of loving the thread you're doing with Aello right now.

Do you want to end the thread? And then the next thread the we do the actual body or will it already be done?
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 18th, 2012, 3:02 am

OOCThe next thread should be the body. Plus we'll need to do some actual metalsmithing and stuff if we want to make a fancy extendable arm. So since this is a MUCH more advanced golem than anything either of us has made before, it'll probably take SEVERAL threads to get the whole thing done.

Tock almost wanted Kaeson to try something. To take a swing at her, really come at her. She'd like to see what he had in him. She'd known there was passion in him, it just needed to be unleashed. He was normally so quiet, so soft-spoken. But there was something inside him that could make waves, and Tock wanted to set it free.

She watched him touching his snake scarf, and wondered if he was considering sicking it on her. She'd like to see the flimsy fabric wrestle with Bitey. She was confident her baby's sharp fangs would rip the cloth apart... but then, she didn't want to hurt another Animator's creation. It would be cruel, like making dogs fight each other. Sunberth had been full of dog-fighting rings, and she had hated seeing the animals unleashed upon each other like that.

She started to calm, fading back from the madness. If things went that far, she'd be cleaning a lot of blood off her floor. She'd much rather get back to building.

Her mood swinging back suddenly, she grinned and said, "Awright, 'les finish 'er up, aye?" Her voice was cheerful again, her anger forgotten just like that. Though there was still a tinge of madness in her eyes.

They finished up the remaining construction on the base, aligning the wheels and testing them out. It was a slow start, but they were designing something big after all. It wasn't the sort of project they could complete in a day... or hell, even in a week this time. But it was a start.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Making the Shell (Tock)

Postby Cascade on July 25th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Kaeson's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Drawing +2
Carpentry +3
Carving +2
Construction +2
Observation +2
Philosophy +2

Lore:
Tock: Handy
Modifying Designs
Picking The Right Tools
A Splinter While Building
First Time At Carpentry
Tock: Travelled the World
Dreaming To Be A Legend
Tock: Thoughts About The Gods
Building a Wheel

Items or Consequences:
-200gm 9sm
+Toolkit, Woodcarver
+Toolkit, Gadgeteering
+3 pounds leather, common, garment grade
+1 Wheeled Base for a golem

Notes:
In response to your OOC comment to Tock, I'm glad you're starting to hear Kaeson's voice. Also, it seems like a good voice. ;)
Tock's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Drawing +2
Carpentry +1
Carving +1
Construction +2
Teaching +4
Organization +1
Philosophy +2

Lore:
Kaeson Dakano: Volos, Animated Scarf
Kaeson Dakano: Half-Vantha
Criticizing Drawings
Modifying Designs
Picking The Right Tools
Building a Wheel

Items or Consequences:
-8gm 2cm
+ 10 pounds leather, common, garment grade
+ Whetstone
+ 10 pounds iron
Tock and Kaeson seem to end up arguing a lot, don't they? Not complaining though, it makes the thread much more interesting than it already is. :P Kudos! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous