OOC Info [Lhavit] News Thread.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on January 22nd, 2012, 1:27 am

Lhavit News Thread

Welcome to Lhavit!

This is thread where important news will be posted. Below are some handy things you should know before beginning to thread in the city of stars.

1. READ THE LORE. This is doubly important now that Lhavit is changing. If you think you know Lhavit, then you are probably wrong – you know the old Lhavit. To be able to post here, you need to understand what this area is about.
LHAVIT LORE

2. Please remember that Lhavit has no surrounding towns or villages. There are farms at its base (the ground floor) but that is it. So your pc would not have stopped off at a town on the way here, nor would they have met any persons along the way unless they were travellers. There are a lot of nasty things in the area around Lhavit, just remember that.

3. Lhavit is no longer primarily a night-time city, so don’t feel you have to restrict your threads to the nights anymore! It is now just as active during the day. Bear in mind though that different activities will be taking place at different times. Daytime is for more relaxing activities, and night-time is for the more upbeat times. An in-depth explanation can be found here.

4. Like any city, Lhavit does have its share of crime and unruliness. If you are planning on causing any mischief, be aware that the Shinya are always around, and are always watching. Players who have Zith, Dhani and Symnestra PC’s should also note that the Shinya tend to keep a closer eye on these races.

5. The currency in Lhavit is different to that of most other cities. Lhavit uses Kina and not Mizas. You can only trade your currency if you are currently in, or started in Lhavit. Any PC’s arriving in the city can exchange at the Cosmos Center if they wish, otherwise you can assume it is done and list it in your ledger as such.
Miza Equivalents
1 Gold Miza = 1 Kina (ki)
1 Silver Miza = 1 Topaz Kina (tk)
1 Copper Miza = 1 Jade Kina (jk)

6. If you would like your PC to have a job while in the city, you must PM a storyteller about it. Please do not just post in the Cosmos Center, because we may not have the job you are asking for. If you have been hired, you must play out two threads relating to your work per season in order to earn wages. When you have done this, please PM me a note linking the threads and I can award you seasonal pay.

7. Your PC must have a place to stay. They cannot sleep on the streets because the Shinya will not tolerate it. PC’s coming into the city can find a room through the Cosmos Center, or they can stay at one of the inns.

8. When posting, post properly and be respectful to other players. This means no “netspeak” and you must not hijack other threads. If someone has a thread listed as closed, then you do not post in it. If they have an open thread, go right ahead, but try and stick to the original poster’s plan.

9. On the same note, do not control NPC’s you don’t have permission for. No, the Shinya will not randomly pick on you and no, you will not suddenly get mugged in the street. If you are unsure about what you can and cannot do regarding NPC self-modding, PM a storyteller and ask.

NoteCredit to Kelpie for the original IC Info
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on January 22nd, 2012, 1:46 am

O, legions of Lhavit. (You see what I did there?)

Please subscribe to this thread and the new OOC Thread ASAP so as to keep your ear to the pulse of this glowing city.
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm

We have created a Storyteller Guide & Requests thread for Lhavit! From this point forward please use it for all your grading requests, etc.
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on March 14th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Good morning, starshine.

Guess what! Lhavit has an awesome new location, Lazuli Ink, that all of you should check out. Shepherd did it up himself with the assistance of Elhaym and Lazlo. Please be sure to let them know how much we appreciate their work!

Further, for those of you who may not have seen it, Lhavit’s storm thread is open to all and can be found here. Lhavit’s own Hermit is leading this wild adventure, so please direct any specific questions his way.

Write on,
Legion (We Are).
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on April 28th, 2012, 9:50 pm

The sun is going to set soon and the stars will come out.

Tonight brings Lhavit Remarkable Things, a development dropbox for suggestions and requests regarding the continued expansion and betterment of this glorious city.

Use and abuse to death, I tell you. I want all your ideas.

- Legion (We Are).
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on April 28th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Hullo again!

Check out Lhavit's Summer Citywide Plot. This is the registry and discussion thread. Hop in, grab a chair and lets get ready to write.

- Legion (We Are)
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on June 1st, 2012, 5:33 pm

Happy season change, Lhavit!

• Timestamp all of your threads for Summer 512 AV from this point forward.
  • Should anyone require seasonal wages and/or XPs, post your request to the Lhavit Storyteller Guide & Requests thread instead of PMing me.
  • Deduct your Living Expenses from your CS.

Don’t hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Wish I may, wish I might,
- Legion (We Are).
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on June 27th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Lhavit's Summer 512 A.V. Character Registry is here! Everyone post, please, even if you have introduced yourself already in the OOC thread.

Thank you!
- Legion (We Are).
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on July 7th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Good afternoon!

The Midsummer Festival thread is begun and open to everyone! Please feel free to jump right in and you won't be unrewarded.

Also, please don't forget to post in the Summer Character Registry. Yes, that means you.
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

[Lhavit] News Thread.

Postby Legion on July 26th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Evenin', starshine.

I am retiring from staff and leaving the lovely Lhavit in the capable hands of Assistant Storyteller Quasar and Regional Storyteller Tabarnac. This was not a foreseen event and I apologize for the abruptness. I am stepping down from staff for personal reasons, but I will remain a participant in the Mizahar community as a player.

At present I am closing business. If there is anything you need from me before my staff account is officially retired, please let me know as soon as possible. Quasar will be continuing both the Midsummer Festival open thread as well as launching the citywide plot many of you have signed up for.

It has been a sparkly good time, Lhavit.

- Legion (We Are).
Legion

Legion
Boom, backflip.

Office
Featured Contributor (1)