The Start Of A Journey...

Daroth, a young Jamouran, setting out for the first time, runs into some trouble...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Darosh on July 21st, 2012, 9:24 am

Darosh shrugged at the dismissal of his gratitude, but it did not dissuade him. IT was polite, so he would continue to do it. "Well, if it is a waterfall you seek, then we will need a map, and a guide. I know of no waterfalls in this immediate area. Also, there are few forests as ancient as Taldera's, but there are several, if I remember my geography properly."

The Jamouran racked his brain, but came up with nothing more than a general map of the continent. "We will seek out a cartographer or a guide when we arrive in The Spires, after I get to a healer." When he was asked about his own drive, he recalled that the Kelvic had not known what he was. Thus, he was unfamiliar with his kind.

"I'm a Jamouran. We devote our lives to gathering knowledge so that future generations may benefit from it. I am pursuing knowledge in the art of war, and also seek an understanding of the innerworkings of the minds of the many sentient races of this world." He glanced over his shoulder. "I would also like to explore the meditative techniques used to master the magical art of Flux."
Darosh
Retired Staff

Words: 6904
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2012, 7:24 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Qwet Ikram on July 21st, 2012, 9:38 am

Qwet snorted as Darosh relayed his ambitions to him. "Admirable goals, to be sure, although I for one don't see the appeal of all that knowledge mumbo jumbo. I eat, I love, I slay, and I am content." As he walked along with the ape, he began to munch casually on the wolf leg. Offering a bite to the man, he continued "Well if you promise to teach me the secrets of "knowledge" then i'll promise to teach you all I know about the ways of the world and how not to get eaten by..." He yawned an enormous yawn, pausing momentarily in his trek "wolves in the jungle."

Qwet liked this creature, it had the powerful build of the most deadly predators, but the curious mind of some of the human's children. he would make a fine pupil, if he could be made to focus on the task at hand for any length of time.
Qwet Ikram
Player

Words: 4961
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2012, 5:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Darosh on July 21st, 2012, 9:43 am

Darosh waved his hand at the offered meat, not interested. He may look more like a wild animal than this man, but he did not eat raw meat. It was bad for him. At the man's simple 'motto', the ape let out a bellowing laugh, and said "It's a good way to live, I am sure. But I do not seek the knowledge for myself, Qwet. I seek it for my people and all those who shall come after."

When he made his offer, the Jamouran grinned, showing off his own massive teeth, and said "I accept, Qwet the Bear. And between the two of us, I'm sure we can find some more aid on this quest of yours."
Darosh
Retired Staff

Words: 6904
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2012, 7:24 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Qwet Ikram on July 21st, 2012, 9:48 am

"Then it's settled, as soon as your well enough, we shall journey out again and hopefully this time, we'll make it further than a stones throw from your home." Qwet said jovially, and he and the ape-man continued on to their destination.
Qwet Ikram
Player

Words: 4961
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2012, 5:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cinna on August 6th, 2012, 6:39 pm

And the forest reveals....

An overall nice first meeting, well done. I will point out that Jamoura don't have claws though :)

Darosh :
Skills:
Unarmed Combat +2
Brawling +2
Observation +1

Lores:
Knowing the Value of an Ally
Bonding Over Blood

Extras: Injury- Gash along calf, fairly deep. Expected recovery in one week after doctoral care

Qwet :
Skills:
Unarmed Combat +2
Brawling +2
Observation +1
Intimidation +1

Lores:
Know When to Shift Forms in a Fight
Gaining A Friend And Ally

If you have any questions or concerns about my grading then don't hesitate to PM me :)
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous