[The Slag Heap Fire] The rat race of Sunberth (Open)

Sunberth's new sport!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on November 16th, 2011, 12:34 am

oocI couldn’t resist.

Darik loves money, that’s a simple fact. He loves the feel of money, he loves the touch of money, but he doesn’t love the smell of money.((Because most come bloodied and everyone knows blood ruins smell)) The only thing he didn’t like about money was when someone else was going to make some. He always thought that was unfair. Why do they get to make money when he doesn’t? He didn’t at all think hard work and dedication led to money, it was just based on luck. Because frankly, if it was based on awesomeness Darik would have all the money in the world.

Darik had heard Bob was up to something that would make him cash, but he didn’t invite Darik. Yes, he didn’t invite the one person he sees every single day of his life. That’s cruelty added onto cruelty! But maybe it was just a stupid plan that would end up in failure. Darik wanted a laugh so he went to the location the event, The Slag Heap.

It wasn’t hard to find the event, Bob had callers set up to advertise his “race”. It was a stupid idea but Sunberthians were stupid so they came and watched. The amount was much more than Darik thought and he realized Bob actually had a chance of making some money. He considered offering his help till he realized the people he had set about. He had probably chosen each one specifically and just enough for his operation. Darn it, there was no way Darik could get a slice of the cake. Unless…he eliminated one of the participants. No not kill, just get rid of one. If he angered one into following him, he could lose them in the streets. But which one though?

He searched each one over. The only ones he knew were the tall archer, and the crier. He didn’t want to get in bad graces with the crier because she was fundamental to his assassination plan. But the tall archer he no use for Darik whatsoever. In fact, he had given Darik tattoos that he later found out were insulting. But what was the extent of his rage? Darik only knew his name was Anthony, and that he owned the horse on the carriage. He knew the second part because he had seen him be very attached to the horse at the makeshift camp.

He walked past the guards not caring if they tried to stop him. If they asked him about anything he would just tell them he needed to urgently talk to Bob. He made it to the small man and talked to him with his back facing Antar. He was acting, as if he had never spotted Antar in the crowd. “Bob,” He made sure his voice was just loud enough for Antar to pick up half the words. He wasn’t speaking very loud, because Antar was relatively close however. ”This place is loaded. And they aren’t even paying attention!” He pointed to Dawnstride’s carriage, with his view not on Antar. ”You see that? I have already stolen half of the contents inside and have hidden them away in a secret stash. I need your help with the other half though, it’s much to big to carry with one person. Quickly, come with me before they realize they left it unattended.” He hoped he would have enough reaction time to escape before Anthony apprehended him.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on November 16th, 2011, 1:02 am

At the instance of someone stealing something from his wagon, Noth's eyes turned towards the source. He knew his wagon was empty save for where the prize money was being stored and guarded steadfastly by Tikon but the voice was... familiar to him.

He recognized a thief he'd frightened off before. He could hear the boy's words, his hearing and observation skills were very sharp and the words did not amuse him at all. He knew very well he hadn't brought anything in the carriage but the parts of the rat arena he had built. There was literally nothing left there: aside from the money Tikon and Bob himself were watching over.

Drawing his bow and knocking an arrow he turned back towards the large man and Bob, before shouting loud enough for the entire crowd to hear. "Everything alright with the wagon Tikon? Anything missing I would have to skewer some ill foul wind that's cropped up on the scene? Perhaps I should simply strangle him dead, or flay his skin from his bones? Boil him in oil, feed his lily livered arse to the crows? I mean just look at this boy here." He pointed to Darik, "He just said he stole all these good people's money right past you ; and I'd hope that wasn't true."

The crowd became silent and started to Glare at Darik with killing force without further ado, he kicked Darik in the back... Hard to send him flying towards the crowd."Of course maybe the lad's playing a joke on all of us... perhaps you guys should ask him nicely if that was true?"

The angry crowd surged around the boy, pressing in upon them as random threats, curses and jibes would demand his attention. A few looked ready to tear his clothes off and lynch them if they found any form of mizas on him. Hell, they'd probably lynch him just the same. If the thief had the luck to survive this then maybe, just maybe Antar would sort him out later after tracking him down.

Otherwise, if any of it was true and Tikon confirmed the problems. Then Darik wouldn't get away: he was simply going to kill the boy from here where he stood... and there was nothing that was going to be able to stop him. Because at that point, he would have stolen something from Bob, Tikon, Shai, Zandelia, as well as himself. His time included.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on November 16th, 2011, 1:19 am

OOCI am hoping for the speech to become part of the accidentally starting a riot for the Sunberth Calendar which is why I made some people leave angrily ;) I think Darik just made that worse lol...

Bob could only be happy with Zenai being so receptive of the idea and even offering to join in the next one. If he really did a good job, Bob will not even mind finding him a better role as hard as it would be since he was not attractive, a woman or both. Bob could only hope that the rest of the group would want to come back for more just like his friend here but of course that will all have to wait until the day was done. It is not possible to have only his group coming back when the customers did not even if they were suddenly pulled out into the Slag Heap from their drunken activities. Still, the mystery made a very good gimmick to get them in the first place even if it was only out of curiosity. Only after the event gets a little more renown Bob would not have to rely on those cheap tricks but the one trick with the poison like the Dark Tongue he was going to stick to right until the end unless he could find something more effective and less easy to detect instead.

He was not only proud of Zenai but also of Zandelia because he thought that a woman who was all business will think of the event as a trivial and worthless enterprise. Especially when she had to handle those louts that Shai seemed to hate. "Don't let that spoil your fun Zandelia. While everyone came here with the promise of some rat blood a little bit of blood from the shykes might even make them more excited to put in more money." The secret as he was taught by his master in Syliras about both the sword and entertainment for shows like this is to give the people what they want in order to get what you need. If they want a fight, give them the pointy part of your sword since you want to win and if it was a show, give them the time of their lives because it meant more mizas. In fact...looking at the pair of Shai and Tikon he would add after them that "rough some up a little if you want. At least the sideshow will work up the crowd a little more for the main event" though hopefully they all will not go too far because things in Sunberth have a way of going wild very easily.

All throughout Bob waited at the stage for Shai and Zandelia until they were done. Picking all the money and putting them in a box for everyone else to see that they were doing things as legit as the Sunberth way would allow and it only seemed to get more full. But until then the crowd started getting restless so Bob moved out to the edge from time to time calling out to them as loud as possible to ask whether "are you ready for some blood? Pure animal brutality at its finest? Who would actually care about bloodsports with..." spitting to the side in disgust at the idea since he did not really like those which involved "people and their tricky minds, sneaky tricks and hidden skills all out to trick us for our" thumbing to himself to show them that he too was a part of them. A gambler indulging in one of Sunberth's greatest pastimes and had his own "mizas?" at stake. Which is why this match will only have "animal instincts and their natural weapons of fang and claw! Because we even if we cannot believe in those conniving people," which Bob was of course "we can always believe in the animals with their tiny brains and one track minds!" Those being the participants should be all that the people cared about. After all that Bob was a little bit tired and wondered if he might have used too many words for the small brained Sunberth people for them to understand?

Once it had gone on long enough Bob recalled his two showgirls and asked for the remaining slips to see just which rat was being bet on more. As he had thought with that little speech people started to think more of the rat's natural abilities and took a bet on the bigger, stronger and terrifying one. "It looks like we have our loser here ladies. All thanks to the greed of the crowd" and themselves giving a rather crazed grin. "Just have fun until the end when I am going to need help in giving out the winnings here at the stage. Until then, thank you" he told the both of them like he was another person with a charming smile now that he was very satisfied with the plan. Turning to Tikon who has been following Shai, Bob asked the isur "are you going with them to have some fun too or do you want to join in the action?" From what little he knew the Isur to be like and his motivations, Bob would tell him that "you look very bored so you should join me unless you are going to make it with one of those" pointing at the ladies. "I wouldn't hold it against you either way."

Now that everything was out of the way Bob decided to start things off...wait, what's this? "What the petch are you doing here Darik?!" Bob thought he made all the necessary precautions to not let anyone at the Kennels know about this since it involves animals and brutality especially since the last part really did not fit for Killroy's job. To make matter's worse, he just admitted to stealing from Antar. When exactly did that happen? Bob smacked his head when he realized it must have been during the meeting to explain his plans to the group and then he smacked Darik at the back of the head calling him an "Idiot! He could have killed you once and you are trying your luck again?" Thinking that Darik still did not know who he was dealing with Bob clasped his hands on the boy's shoulders and spun him to look at Antar holding him in place and saying softly in his ears that "there, and I don't want to be you right about now."

As much as Bob would like to rat Darik out, his own rats were more important. Antar was in charge of a cage and if he got distracted now the fight will be delayed a little longer. That would only mean people leaving or getting even more angry after he had worked them up. Trust Darik to come and spoil everything yet again. "I'll deal with you later" he said pushing the boy forward like the insignificant vermin in the rat race he was. Darik should know when to get serious because Bob did and pointing to him one last time he told Darik to "stay there, shut up and don't make any sudden movements!" because if he did not "or end up like that slab of meat over there for the rats" pointing at the bait. Bob would not really do that because Darik might be one of the worst things in Sunberth but not poisonous enough to effect the rats the way he wanted. He was tempted to, but a threat would be more profitable here if not enjoyable.

If Antar overheard Darik and went chasing after the dumb thief, Bob would sigh calling for another one of his members who already heard his plan. Shai, Zandelia, Tikon, it did not matter which as long as they could get the job done. When he was sure that everyone is in position and that there would be no further interruptions, Bob would walk up to the stage the way he did earlier to address the crowd with a speech that he had worked on for the past few days. "Ladies and fighters. Never before" as far as Bob knew, "there has been something in the Slag Heap that best describes it besides the Slag Heap itself. Today we have two rats going to kill each other to make it to the top just like the way we live in Sunberth today and no one is going to tell them, or us how its going to happen. Don't blame our leaders, just as the rats can't blame me. Only the strongest survives here and if you cannot fight for yourself, you might as well die." Fine! It might not have been the best of speeches but then people should not leave before the rats are even out of the cages. But Bob had to continue "so without wasting anymore time, we all have made our picks and are now like the rats who are going to die by it..."

Nodding at Antar who had the winning rat and stretching out his hand to the cage that Zenai should know to open it last at the signal Bob reached out his other hand to the people announcing "let the First Ratrace of Sunberth begin!" which unfortunately Darik might not be able to enjoy seeing that he was running for his life just as the rats were fighting for theirs. "Wonder if I can make bets on that too..." be asked himself watching the pitiful boy go.

OOCFor the rats you guys can say that Zenai's put up a good fight but still ended up dying because it was poisoned. After everyone has done a round of posting I will put their fight in my subsequent post, thanks.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Zandelia on November 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Zandelia could all but feel the palpable bloodlust emanating from the crowd, wave after wave of hatred and greed threatening to overwhelms her senses enough to make her physically sick, a visceral reaction to the baser natures of humanity shown to her very eyesight, so frank and bare of any trappings or lies. Bob certainly knew how to drum up a crowd, his performances and pontificating as candidly done as Zandelia’s information gather skills – something akin to breathing she knew and noticed that portion of herself within Bob Barton. Not that either of them were particularly sophisticated about those parts oft heir nature, but more that they were an intrinsic part of their characters. At any other time she could have happily stood guard over her little chest of money, watching the crowd being manipulated as if they were all puppets, however she had greater ambitions for the event than mere coin and to realize them would take immediate action rather than procrastination.

Though the coin will certainly be a good bit of profit to walk away with judging by the chests we have filled, what with the bloody game being rigged after all she thought to herself as she looked about the crowd for her target, the one who may be able to aid her in her wishes.

“Where are you Shai you little spider?” she muttered, finally spotting her coming back to the little stand that Bob had had erected, the money ensconced within and guarded well by Tikon and others.

Antar had been despatched, along with Zenai she noted, to be the ones responsible for releasing the rats – cunning positions for such canny warriors she knew, within the crowd and ready to dispense both punches and weapons if necessary to the very hearts of the mob. As she scanned the building for the rest of their little troupe she noted the presence of a boy she wished had not turned up, despite her gift for talking others into coming. The last she had seen of Darik he had tried to rob her and walked away with nothing but an angered woman, and she had a right to be angry after being hit with a chair and forced to kill someone she had not had to but for his interventions. He was foolish and brash, thinking himself a charmer but coming off as a buffoon. He was a thief, she knew, and would like as not try and steal from their enterprise – though she would not let that happen. No, she knew the others would know his nature and respond with deadly force if he but gave any indication of theft. He was no threat tonight.

“Shai! Shai, get your pretty little arse over here I need you lass” she shouted through the crowd, shoving people aside roughly as she forged a path to the small woman in her attempt to gain an ally in action.

“Shai,” she breathed finally as she emerged into a small open space and was able to clearly talk to her, “I know you’ll be walking the crowd and stealing if you can. I only ask that you keep your ears open for anything interesting that might be being talked about. Or perhaps the slipping away of a message from a gang member intended for another should the opportunity arise. Could you do that for me?” she asked, receiving a shrug in response and nodding in return. Zandelia would have taken anything she could have gotten, and though Shai would not go out of her way to help perhaps, she would learn some things of note for Zandelia to muse upon at a later date.

As for herself, Zandelia made her way back through the crowds, her eye open and her ears very much tuned to the words of the crowd. She kept walking, drifting here and there across bodies. Each time she felt a grope she responded in kind with a punch, or a head butt, and took a trophy from the harasser in the form of a coin purse. It was not hard to gain such things when the one being robbed had wronged her and was all but unconscious. Still, her true targets were the gang members, the Daggerhands on this occasion, and she sought them out wherever they were and got within ear shot. Most merely talked about blood and death, some about the rat race before them and others about Robern perhaps setting up a similar business and out-competing Bob’s – information she knew he would wish to know in case there was a risk to his life. However, the group she ended up staying with came last and was of profound interest indeed.

“Heard weapons being shipped in, new ones and shiny. Taken to places all along territory boundaries. Mostly to contested placed though. A lot going down Stumble Alley way. Dockyards getting a few too” one grumbled to the group of five.

“Don’t I know it, been carrying ‘em myself! Don’t know what’s planned but sure to be bloody” came the response of a grizzled veteran by the look of him.

“Sun’s Birth ain’t got no hold outside their little compound. Robern would be smart to take the whole of the north side of the river. Easy ways to start taking over whole a Sunberth that way” chuckled another.

“Yeah, but…war? Hasn’t happened properly in ages. People startin’ to say we gots a truce or two set up now. Robern would need to be bloody damned sure of winning to go all out like that. Anyways, might just be re-supplying people. Don’t be talking bout things you know nothing bout. It’s dangerous” the last one said, ending the talk but leaving Zandelia with many questions to try and ferret out answers for.

Weapons and war eh? I know just who to speak to about that one. We’ll see what can’t be dug up with enough shovelling she thought to herself as she slipped away from her leaning position against the nearby wall before she was noticed.

She began to make her way back towards Bob and the money, aware now that discontent was beginning to leaking throughout the mob. She feared violence would soon follow, and the money would be of top priority to them all. It was the only reason they were involved after all.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Darik on December 1st, 2011, 12:18 am

oocAntar has no humor! D:
Bob always asks stupid questions. Darik had just given him a very detailed introduction, yet he still asked why he was here. Darik should really learn to stop seeing him as a person, instead he should view him like a woman. They only hear what they want to hear. Bob must not want to hear anything Darik said.

Still, his talking distracted Darik from his main goal. This goal is the pursuit of two things: life, and money. Right now he was in the specter of trying to preserve his life, he needed to get away from the archer. Yet, when Bob turned him around he knew his chances of survival was dwindling. The archer’s bow was upright with an arrow notched in the middle. Before he had time to escape, Bob cowardly pushed Darik towards him.

He could have escaped easily if Bob hadn’t pushed him forward. It would have been simple disappearing into the crowd. Now everyone could see him, and all the attention was on him. The archer than started to spread lies turning the crowd against him. Two could play at that game. ” Really? You must lie all the time because it sounds very convincing.” Darik turned around, looking at the crowd’s angry faces. As he spoke he went back and forth as if he was talking to each one individually.

”One problem though, were do you think he got this money? Were are all of this man’s” Darik dramatically pointed towards Bob. “employees?” When he walked in he saw a few people walking through the crowd stealing pursues. He had no doubt Bob was in league with them “Perhaps when your purse feels light you will blame the right per-“ Antar finally got sick of Darik. He had done it just in time too, they were starting to change there look of interest to Antar instead of Darik. They didn’t at all remember Darik’s words when he was in their midst, he was fresh available meat afterall.

When Antar kicked him, he hadn’t just taken Darik to the ground. He had also used Darik as collateral damage so two other drunken men would hit the ground. So in the middle of the swarming crowd were three unlucky souls, two of them deserving to die. The crowd was angry, but stupid. The noxious fumes of the gas and beer must have slowed down their senses because it would have been easy to take care of Darik. Yet, none of them bent their knee to try and grab him. They all just dangled their hands above him trying to grab a part of him.

Finally, a genius bent his knees. It was time to go. When he came forward, Darik kept low and crawled on all fours under his legs. The crowd hadn’t yet realized the number of occupants had went from three to two. They would soon though, so Darik solved that problem. He violently pushed the genius back so he would join the pile. It just didn’t put him on the ground. Instead, it caused him to hit two arrogant men. It only took a fraction of a second for that to ascend into a fist fight.

Darik crawled between legs hoping no one would notice. They didn’t, they were much too busy watching the rat fights. This was all to Darik’s advantage, it made the leg traveling relatively eventless. The only thing he had to avoid was being stepped on, or brushing to close to someone’s leg. The first one is for obvious reasons, and the second is because he isn’t a common Slag Heap dog!

He was out of the crowd soon. He dusted himself, getting off all the filth that had his accumulated on his clothes. He usually didn’t care what happened to them, but he needed to act a certain part. He wanted to seem like escaping the crowd had been an ease, and not an arduous task. He didn’t at all even think that Antar could have been following his progress through it.

Before he departed, he gave a grin and a wave in Antar’s direction. He was much too far away to see if he was watching, but it didn’t matter. Bob’s business looked like it wasn’t going to last much longer. The crowd was much too rowdy to control by now. No use for annoying Antar now. He just hoped the man would find all of his money in tact in the wagon. Maybe messing with him isn’t the smartest idea.

oocLOL! Only two posts in this thread for me. :P But I guess he did \ what he could. :P Also don’t pm me asking what skills I want awarded, I don’t think I did any.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on December 18th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Sighing loudly at the Darik's intervention of a different kind, Noth shook his head and wondered how the fool boy ever survived this long in Sunberth. 'Someone would really have to take the thief under their wing if the boy was going to survive for long.' Looking towards Tikon he got a nod signifying all was right with the coffers so Antar shrugged and slowly let the tension out of his bow.

He noticed the smarmy grin the would be rascal gave over the heads of the crowd which were growing quite rambunctious. Finally having enough , he raised his voice above the din. "Alright people enough shenanigans for one day! Let's get this game going!"

At Bob's signal the gate was raised one just before the other and the match was joined... He smiled and watched as the smaller rat got to the meat first, scoffing it down like a greedy pig. If he had been aware of Bob's plan, then that would mean the poisoning had gone well as the two animals began to tear into each other , tooth, claw, and nail.

Eventually, one would fall to the cheering roar of the spectators, and hands would reach out for bets, some winners some losers, but perhaps, if Bob's plan had worked its way out then it would be a profitable boon for all of those participating; Antar didn't really care though, when the crowds dispersed and the surviving rat was placed back in its cage, the arena dissassembled, he would find Bob standing there grinning as happy as a clam at high tide as Bob divided any proceeds as he chose amongst those working for him.

Whatever the case, at the end of the day, Antar would put himself back up into the wagon and drag the constructed artifice of rat race's back towards the CE camp; intent to leave it there until it ever was needed to be used again.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1

Postby Bob Barton on January 14th, 2012, 7:54 am

It is a proven fact that no one in their right mind would ever listen to Darik but it does not mean that they would not be able to enjoy whatever may happen to the boy no matter how unpleasant but well deserved it might be. He did try to muck things up and turn the crowd into a frenzy. Bob was already doing that very well without needing the extra help. Watching Darik escape with some of his customers who he hopes would conveniently forget about their money and continue with the chase he decided it was distraction enough from his rats and continued on with the role that he already set out for himself. He did not want anyone else here to have the chance to say that he was riding on their efforts and demand more share of the money or receive less of what little respect that he already had because of it. Antar and Zenai did their part well in releasing the rats which went on to eat and fight over the meat like planned. Following that Bob jumped on the stage and started commentating on the fight hoping to throw off any further chances of people detecting his little trick.

"We are not here to see rats eating unless it is each other right?" he asked as he raised his whip sending it flying with a crack in between the two rats once the second was about to pounce for its share. It would not be much of a rigged game if the should be winner partakes in the same poison as the one which is supposed to lose. Hesitantly both started to advance for the meat again forcing Bob to whip at the air behind the smaller rat to force it to jump and attack on instinct. "Hahaha! It seems that food really is a good motivator. But fear wins again. Now let us see them tear each other apart" he shouted once he had successfully induced the rat into a frenzy. Continuing on Bob asked the spectators if "any one of us fighting Sunberth folk have any opinions on how the fight is going to turn out? Show up your slips and let us see where you put your moneyyyy!" waving his hands up and down to convince them to join in the excitement.

After some time Bob commented that "I personally wouldn't fight once I am stuffed full of food. I would rather take a short rest than the final one" finishing off with a laugh at his poor joke. It was however evident to everyone else that what he was saying was right. The bigger rat has been hit more with wounds and gashes all over its body whereas the smaller rat was still bouncing full of energy barely hit by its sluggish opponent. "While we can already see who is most probably going to win here" and it was not as how most of the people predicted to Bob's satisfaction since he was going to get most of their money, "we should continue on right until the end in the spirit of gambling. No one would ever know how it ends right until the last miza" or minute of the rat's life here "is gone" which was not too far away when the killing blow was finally struck. A deep bite into the throat of a rat who would no longer be too happy about its very final meal by a ravenous rat which did not get its share.

"And there we have it ladies and not gentlemen of Sunberth!" as he raised the whip and lashed it at the winning rat to mark "the winner and champion of the first Rat Race of Sunberth!" Its part was already done and it would be rather unsightly to have it eat the first loser of the rat races too due to Bob's greedy plan. Flinging the whip all around it making as loud a noise as possible each time it cracked at the air Bob slowly but surely herded it into the cage while observing the crowd of people who stayed behind. Sure enough there were those that were waiting for their winnings and then some, those who were not satisfied with losing theirs making very horrible accusations that Bob had somehow rigged the matches without any proof. Bob reached the same conclusion as Darik did that with how rowdy the crowd seem to be, the event running smoothly is not going to be able to last very long.

Quickly he went up to Antar after he had put the winner back into its cage. The money which was supposed to be theirs after the winnings were distributed had to be kept safe. Trusting that the other people will not try anything especially here in Sunberth would be naive especially after how Darik expressed his intentions so easily earlier. His request to Antar was simple. "Put it in your cart and take it back to your camp along with Shai and Zandelia where we can meet up and split it up later. I'll try and keep them distracted hopefully long enough with Zenai and Tikon until the money is safe. The only question was how was he going to get the attention of the people on him. He knew that they were only here for the rat races but now it was officially over unless...it hit him! "How would you like to take back a part of the rat races with you? This is the first one. A part of history in the making. Come on people, are you not interested?" he asked until he was sure he caught their interests.

Bob gestured to the rat which was resting in the cage and the carcass that was resting on the ground for his companions who were left to bring to him because "we will have an auction here specially for you!" On one hand there was "one living rat which you can raise and train or get someone else to do it for you, like me in preparation for the next event which I promise you will be bigger and better" and on the other "a memento you can keep after I find someone to treat and stuff it. Then you can mount it on the wall, boast to your friends or scare your kids." It would cost some time and money but good customer satisfaction from what he learned from Killroy should not be spared any expense at least as far as they would know. Would it be fair to "start the bidding at ten mizas each? Oh you want that? What you too?" he asked as soon as each hand was raised along with the cheers of excitement. There was just too much going on that "guys I am going to need your help to look out as well." Other than that the rat race would end without a hitch and everyone would get what they wanted.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Paragon on August 7th, 2012, 11:57 am

Adventurer's Loot

Bob's Loot :
Bob Barton

Skill XP Reward
Whip +1
Leadership +2
Rhetoric +1
Intelligence +2
Busking +1
Animal Husbandry +2
Gambling +3
Hunting +1

Lore: Entrepreneurial Initiative, When in Sunberth, Making Animal Traps, The Rat Race, Fixing the Odds

Items or Consequences: See below

Zandelia's Loot :
Zandelia

Skill XP Reward
Running +1
Persuasion +1
Intelligence +2
Intimidation +1
Interrogation +1
Observation +1

Lore: Enemies at Every Turn, The Rat Race, Fixing the Odds

Antar's Loot :
Antar

Skill XP Reward
Carving +1
Carpentry +1
Teaching +1
Unarmed Combat +1
Driving +1

Lore: The Rat Race, Fixing the Odds

Shai's Loot :
Shai

Skill XP Reward
Larceny +1
Observation +1

Lore: Zandalia: Candidate for Surrogacy, The Rat Race, Fixing the Odds

Fun thread, and a novel idea :) After deducting costs, and adding up a reasonable amount of takings, each of you can take fifteen gold mizas. Shai and Bob can take an additional five each. Enjoy - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous