Azoto's Interview (Azoto)

[OoT Temp HQ] In which an undead shielder has a conversation with a celestial shielder.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Eridanus on July 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm

The best way to test that was a practical task, and so Eridanus simply nodded, reaching his hands forward as he faced his palms towards the desk.

"Do not be alarmed, and just observe," He warned first. Though he was unsure if the nuit knew Auristics, mages in general - due to their affinity and experience with djed - could tell if some form of djed was being wrought in front of them. He did not want to alarm the man unnecessarily.

Settling into a slower but consistent breathing regularity, Eridanus began pulling on the well of djed from within him, feeling the imagined pressure on his hands as he felt a coldness seep through his veins. He was careful not to materialize the djed through the scars in his palms, for his muscle memory had already recognized that it would materialize as Res if he did so.

Instead, he just pushed out the djed from the general areas at his wrist, letting the formless substance spread as he mentally pushed it out on the surface of the table like pancake. He briefly shaped it, not bothering to perfectly sculpt the shield, nor did he task it, allowing it to settle in an unfinished state.

The idea was to see if the man could see the shield. If he was a better shielder than Eridanus he would be able to. If not, he would not be able to see it. It was a simple, but effective test.

"What can you see before my palms, Azoto?"
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Azoto on July 22nd, 2012, 5:15 pm

Azoto watched intently as Eridanus moved his hands towards the desk - so he could clearly see them. Azoto would not consider himself a great shielder or wielder of the djed, nor was he a complete novice, however Eridanus's skill obviously far surpassed his; for when Eridanus seemed to be at work using the djed - Azoto could not see or feel anything.

Azoto studied the man and observed the general area around Eridanus's hands to try and detect even the faintest disturbance or to feel the djed, however even after Eridanus spoke he could still feel nothing.

"What can you see before my palms, Azoto?"

"I er..." Azoto stammered "I see nothing..."

Azoto hung his head slightly, feel rather disappointed - perhaps he was a complete novice after all. Was there anything to see?
"Well if that was my dinner - I've had it."
Azoto
Player

Words: 6352
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Eridanus on July 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm

Eridanus nodded, unfazed. He knew enough in the discipline to consider himself slightly better than most average folks, and he could not immediately condemn the candidate. Instead, it only made him more curious as to the nuit's actual capabilities. Speaking in a measured tone, the vantha stated, "Listen carefully to my words and continue concentrating. Let me know immediately should you see anything."

With that, he began to mentally dive into the shield that he created. Using a combination of his knowledge in both shielding and glyphing, he began to rearrange the djed tapestries of the shield, modifying and reshaping the shield even as he began weaving glyphs using the very arcane structure of the construct. The glyphs were a modified version of the disintegration glyphs that he generally used to dismantle his own shields when there was no need for them, for they were a much smaller-scale version.

"One hundred percent," He began as he started to tinker with the shield with glyphs and restructuring. "Ninety-five percent," He continued, as he added a tiny glyph while reducing the consistency of the shield at the corner. "Ninety percent."

He would slowly reduce the power of his shield as best as he could, estimation-wise, to the numbers he called out, using his personal method of djed restructuring and glyphing. It would be a test for him as well, for it tested his true understanding and familiarity with the structure of his shields, and his meticulousness in being able to estimate his own shield's strength properly and to reduce it precisely.

OOCAzoto should be able to begin seeing the shield at 65%.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azoto on August 3rd, 2012, 12:42 am

It increased Azoto's hopes when Eridanus seemed not too discouraged by the fact he could see nothing, so he raised his head again and gave a weak smile. Eridanus had told him tell say immediately when he could see something. But Azoto had no idea what he was looking for - "A shield maybe?"He thought to himself.

Eridanus started counting down number in intervals, but Azoto could still see, feel, nor hear anything.
"85%" Eridanus said, but Azoto barely acknowledged him saying anything, In through one ear and out the other - as the saying went. He was focusing all his attention and concentration on the spot where Eridanus's hands fell.
"75%" Still nothing, "Perhaps, I'm not a good enough a mage to study here, Eridanus is obviously far superior compared to me." He thought to himself. " No..." As he pushed the thoughts from his head and began again focusing all his attention on Eridanus.

"65%" Wait... something in the air had changed, he still saw nothing but It was almost like he could feel the small barrier in Eridanus's hands'.
"60%" Finally! After concentrating hard, Azoto finally saw a weakened shield in Eridanus's palms, Slightly shimmering. Magic is a thing of beauty! "I see, I see" Azoto cried out loud, re-joiced that he finally could see it. Perhaps there was hope for him yet...

[/frame
Azoto
Player

Character sheet

Postby Eridanus on August 3rd, 2012, 9:28 am

"Thank you," Eridanus nodded, and he proceeded to completely untangle the shield. There was no longer any need to slowly decrement the power of the astral construct, and he proceeded to messily dismantle the shield, pushing the djed threads out of pattern as he dissipated the djed back into the air.

"I believe that your abilities are fledgling, but with the correct attitude and passion the guild would continue to welcome such a member. I think that that should be enough to conclude this interview. Do you have any more questions, or issues to address?"

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azoto on August 3rd, 2012, 1:37 pm

Joy filled Azoto for the first time since becoming nuit, He was actually being asked if he wanted to join. He tried to talk, to say something back. But not much came out...

"I..Err..Y.." Azoto took a few moments to catch his breath. "I'd love to join" was all he could manage and a huge smile. Finally after years of hard work he could now study alongside other Mages.

"I suppose, I have one question. Would I be staying on site, or be staying elsewhere when not conducting research or experiments?" He knew this didn't really matter but It would be nice to know however he did not want to seem like a tramp when first joining.
Azoto
Player

Character sheet

Postby Eridanus on August 5th, 2012, 1:12 pm

"If you don't have a house in Alvadas, I suggest seeking accommodation in the Cubacious Inn. It is a respectable place with affordable rates; I have been living there in fact for the past season or so. Of course, you are free to hang out in the headquarters as long as you don't obstruct any possible work going on," Eridanus replied, purposefully avoiding mentioning the idea of sleeping since he was quite aware that these undead had no need for that mortal activity. A mortal activity that even he, as a partial celestial, need to partake in due to his mortal side.

"If not..." Reaching out his hand, the guild leader reached his hand out to grasp the nuit's lifeless hand in a firm handshake, adding in a warm voice, "Welcome to the Order of Transcendence, Azoto. I hope to see you achieve great things and grow together with us."

Fin.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on August 8th, 2012, 8:55 pm

The Truth Within the Reality

Azoto :
XP Awarded
  • Rhetoric: 1
  • Storytelling: 1

Lores Awarded
  • Eridanus: Leader of the Order of Transcendence
  • Price of Membership: 20% income tax
  • Member of the Order of Transcendence

Eridanus :
XP Awarded
  • Auristics: 1
  • Interrogation: 2
  • Leadership: 2
  • Shielding: 1

Lores Awarded
  • Azoto: A Mortal Mind in an Immortal Body
  • Azoto: Uses Shielding Magic

The Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
Congratulations Azoto! I see that you are new, but really your writing does not show it. I loved it! Keep it up and do not be afraid to shine like a star while you are in Alvadas! Good thread to the both of you. PM me with any concerns :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Previous